Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MORNING 14:05 - Feb 15 with 11294 viewsNorthernr

How are we all today, good?
MORNING on 23:16 - Feb 15 with 2822 viewseastside_r

I, on principle, almost always stay to the bitter end and I left early AND I was watching it at home on the stream.
MORNING on 23:39 - Feb 15 with 2779 viewsNorthernr

MORNING on 19:39 - Feb 15 by lave16

14 games left I figure we will get about 17 points giving a total of 46 points - will that keep us up?

No I don't think it will, and no I don't think we'll even make that total.
MORNING on 00:16 - Feb 16 with 2670 viewsstainrods_elbow

MORNING on 23:39 - Feb 15 by Northernr

We have 11 points from our last 7 games (3W, 2D, 2L), so, if we just maintain that rate of return, we'll have 22 from the last 14, which will leave us with 51 points and . . . breathe.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

MORNING on 02:27 - Feb 16 with 2636 viewsjoolsyp

MORNING on 00:16 - Feb 16 by stainrods_elbow

We have 11 points from our last 7 games (3W, 2D, 2L), so, if we just maintain that rate of return, we'll have 22 from the last 14, which will leave us with 51 points and . . . breathe.

We have a very difficult March and run-in so I'm not sure we'll maintain that rate of return. Of course it might be a different story if we win the next two but we're more likely to fart out a couple of draws. Psychologically that team must be spent after that abysmal performance last night. If we can't beat a terrible Stoke side what are the chances we can pull 6 or 7 more wins out of our arses?
MORNING on 03:40 - Feb 16 with 2607 viewssilky

Hold me closer Clive, it's getting dark! 😭

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

MORNING on 07:51 - Feb 16 with 2512 viewslassel

I mean in March you have write offs against Leicester, West Brom and Middlesbrough so you’re basically expecting 7 wins and a draw or 6 wins and 3 draws from 11 games.

I admire the optimism but yeah…
MORNING on 09:19 - Feb 16 with 2423 viewsdmm

I'm ruminating over which players leave, if Cifuentes stays and what the owners might do when we're in League 1. I expect many others are doing the same.
MORNING on 09:46 - Feb 16 with 2384 viewsQPROslo

I almost started to breathe until I checked that form. My addition gives only 8 points from our last 7, W2 D2 L3.. which form if repeated the last 14 games would give us only 16 more points, 45 points total which may well not be enough. I'm still looking for that extra win...Our form stats since Marti came in 21 points from 18 games I think, extended for the rest of the season also give about 45 points.
Login to get fewer ads

MORNING on 11:48 - Feb 16 with 2275 viewsellersliehoop

MORNING on 23:39 - Feb 15 by Northernr

We're going to be closer to 40 points than we will be to 50 points
MORNING on 12:23 - Feb 16 with 2223 viewsHunterhoop

MORNING on 09:46 - Feb 16 by QPROslo

I almost started to breathe until I checked that form. My addition gives only 8 points from our last 7, W2 D2 L3.. which form if repeated the last 14 games would give us only 16 more points, 45 points total which may well not be enough. I'm still looking for that extra win...Our form stats since Marti came in 21 points from 18 games I think, extended for the rest of the season also give about 45 points.

17 games, I think. Counted the other day that Ainsworth had 15.

I think we’ll end up on 44/45 and go down by 3 points. Cannot see how we get to 48 now. Requires 19 points. 5/6 wins needed. Our run in is very tough. Leeds at home. Leics away. Cov away. Boro and West Brom at home…We also don’t play our rivals to create a 6 point swing opportunity, apart from Swansea who look too far clear to me. Millwall is the only hope I think.
MORNING on 12:35 - Feb 16 with 2187 viewsSydneyRs

MORNING on 12:23 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

I think we’ll end up on 44/45 and go down by 3 points. Cannot see how we get to 48 now. Requires 19 points. 5/6 wins needed. Our run in is very tough. Leeds at home. Leics away. Cov away. Boro and West Brom at home…We also don’t play our rivals to create a 6 point swing opportunity, apart from Swansea who look too far clear to me. Millwall is the only hope I think.

No more six pointers?

So you're saying there's a chance?
MORNING on 12:38 - Feb 16 with 2173 viewsgazza1

It is a long way from being over....this league is very close apart from a couple of teams. Very tough to predict when we will win, loose or draw. I think that we have been playing ok recently.

I am still in the 'we will stay up' team.
MORNING on 12:42 - Feb 16 with 2177 viewsCamberleyR

MORNING on 12:23 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

Millwall is the only hope I think.

They currently have 1 point from the last 21, Goals for 5, Goals against 16

Their run in:
Sheff Wed H
Southampton A
Watford H
Blackburn A
Birmingham H
Leeds A
West Brom H
Rotherham A
Huddersfield A
Leicester H
Cardiff H
Sunderland A
Plymouth H
Swansea A

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

MORNING on 13:33 - Feb 16 with 2134 viewsdaveB

The aim now is to make sure we are still in touch after the Sunderland game, likelihood is we'll drop to 6/7 points off in the next few weeks but need to get it down to 3 points or less by the international break and then it's last chance saloon with those early April games

It's very hard to judge though as all looked lost 6 games ago then we pulled it back quite quickly with just 2 wins
MORNING on 13:44 - Feb 16 with 2112 viewsR_from_afar

I was really looking forward to the game - silly me - because I genuinely thought we could get at least a draw from the game. Wrong, wrong, wrong

Someone could make the subject of their PhD the way we keep raising our game against the better teams and lowering it against the dross.

As for our continuing inability to deliver decent set pieces... It is utterly shameful, It is obvious that a struggling team should do everything in its power to make set pieces really work for them, but oh no, that's beneath us.

Like that scene in "A clockwork orange," our set piece takers should be made to sit watching their pathetic efforts on a loop, until they feel as physically sick as we do. Grrrrr

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

MORNING on 13:51 - Feb 16 with 2090 viewsR_from_afar

MORNING on 19:39 - Feb 15 by lave16

14 games left I figure we will get about 17 points giving a total of 46 points - will that keep us up?

Wow, that is pretty optimistic, let's hope you are right.

I'm far from confident we'll get that many points because for QPR, securing a win is like giving birth to quads*: It's incredibly rare and when it does happen, it's agonising and the process seems to last an eternity.

*Note: I have no personal experience of this, yet

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

MORNING on 13:55 - Feb 16 with 2078 viewsHamptonR

MORNING on 12:38 - Feb 16 by gazza1

It is a long way from being over....this league is very close apart from a couple of teams. Very tough to predict when we will win, loose or draw. I think that we have been playing ok recently.

I am still in the 'we will stay up' team.

Same as me.
MORNING on 15:05 - Feb 16 with 1983 viewskensalriser

I was 70% staying up before the Stoke game based as much on performances and improvement as on actual results, but that's flipped to 30% now. We can stay up and the bar is still actually quite low, but our ability to throw absolute stinkers out of nowhere will do for us. I'll be about as surprised if we lose to Rotherham as I will be seeing the sun set somewhere over the school end.
[Post edited 16 Feb 16:19]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

MORNING on 22:37 - Feb 16 with 1837 viewsbob566

So much negativity. Think we'll just get over the line and that includes losing to Bristol.
MORNING on 13:46 - Feb 17 with 1603 viewsDamo1962

MORNING on 09:19 - Feb 16 by dmm

I'm ruminating over which players leave, if Cifuentes stays and what the owners might do when we're in League 1. I expect many others are doing the same.

Agree. Going to be an interesting summer down at HQ.
MORNING on 21:19 - Feb 17 with 1457 viewsstainrods_elbow

MORNING on 07:51 - Feb 16 by lassel

I mean in March you have write offs against Leicester, West Brom and Middlesbrough so you’re basically expecting 7 wins and a draw or 6 wins and 3 draws from 11 games.

I admire the optimism but yeah…

A lot of supposed 'in the know' fans wrote us off today at Brizzle, not foreseeing that the Robins would play like maimed birds and we'd - no exaggeration - would even ooze a spoon or two of class at times. There are no 'write-offs' in the Champ, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we took 7 points now from the games you mention.

MORNING on 21:27 - Feb 17 with 1413 viewsstainrods_elbow

MORNING on 09:46 - Feb 16 by QPROslo

To update you/us, it's actually now 3W, 2D and 1L from the last 6 games after today, or 11 points from 18. That's 24 more points if we can keep up that ratio from our last 13, which would give us 57. 3 of our 5 games in March are also at HQ. 4 wins and a couple of spawny draws may well be enough.

MORNING on 21:36 - Feb 17 with 1389 viewsdmm

MORNING on 21:27 - Feb 17 by stainrods_elbow

To update you/us, it's actually now 3W, 2D and 1L from the last 6 games after today, or 11 points from 18. That's 24 more points if we can keep up that ratio from our last 13, which would give us 57. 3 of our 5 games in March are also at HQ. 4 wins and a couple of spawny draws may well be enough.

Our away form is better than our home form so those March games may not be to our advantage.
MORNING on 05:14 - Feb 18 with 1204 viewsjoolsyp

MORNING on 02:27 - Feb 16 by joolsyp

We have a very difficult March and run-in so I'm not sure we'll maintain that rate of return. Of course it might be a different story if we win the next two but we're more likely to fart out a couple of draws. Psychologically that team must be spent after that abysmal performance last night. If we can't beat a terrible Stoke side what are the chances we can pull 6 or 7 more wins out of our arses?

That aged well. One win down, 5 and a couple of draws to go?
MORNING on 05:54 - Feb 18 with 1161 viewsSydneyRs

MORNING on 21:19 - Feb 17 by stainrods_elbow

A lot of supposed 'in the know' fans wrote us off today at Brizzle, not foreseeing that the Robins would play like maimed birds and we'd - no exaggeration - would even ooze a spoon or two of class at times. There are no 'write-offs' in the Champ, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we took 7 points now from the games you mention.

My feeling was we'd thrown away January by not getting players in until the last minute (which no doubt wasn't by choice) and that Stoke was season defining. Suddenly now we're one point behind a tanking Milllllllll (the defeat there even more infuriating now) and back within 3 of a few others again.

If we win next week there's a very good chance we'll be out of the bottom 3 with the mental boost that would have to bring. We'd also be a week closer to the new guys being match fit. But we absolutely cannot keep throwing these opportunities away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024