Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dillon Da Silva 14:15 - Mar 1 with 13138 viewsBerkoRanger

QPR winger recalled from loan spell at Torquay.
Dillon Da Silva on 10:01 - Mar 2 with 2613 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dillon Da Silva on 16:42 - Mar 1 by gazza1

Seriously, are we now suggesting that a non-league player will be able to step up to the Championship?? Daft!!!!

Somebody has to. We are literally down to the bare bones and this smacks of utter desperation.

We still haven’t hit the bottom ( form & league) yet. Rotherham will be another step in that direction I’m afraid.

We waste millions on mediocrity. Ainsworth could fill the team with freebies and produce better results. That, ultimately, is why he is here.
Dillon Da Silva on 10:25 - Mar 2 with 2501 viewsTheChef

Dillon Da Silva on 09:46 - Mar 2 by Antti_Heinola

I mean, it's mainly gallows humour isn't it?

On the plus side, I dreamt we didn't win any games until the last game of the season last night. We did however, win the last one 3-2 to stay up, although this came with the help of Ebere Eze who was back on loan and Lee Cook coming out of retirement.

Make of that what you will.

I dreamt last night I was going to Old Trafford.

Me neither.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dillon Da Silva on 10:39 - Mar 2 with 2464 viewsheadhoops

Dillon Da Silva on 10:01 - Mar 2 by Burnleyhoop

Somebody has to. We are literally down to the bare bones and this smacks of utter desperation.

We still haven’t hit the bottom ( form & league) yet. Rotherham will be another step in that direction I’m afraid.

We waste millions on mediocrity. Ainsworth could fill the team with freebies and produce better results. That, ultimately, is why he is here.

seem to recall Stuart Wardley a few years back from non-league to free scoring midfielder. Then as is the QPR way oblivion the folowing season.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Dillon Da Silva on 10:43 - Mar 2 with 2455 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dillon Da Silva on 10:39 - Mar 2 by headhoops

seem to recall Stuart Wardley a few years back from non-league to free scoring midfielder. Then as is the QPR way oblivion the folowing season.

We spent 24 million last year. Oblivion awaits regardless.
Dillon Da Silva on 10:47 - Mar 2 with 2433 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Blimey, can someone post up the Samaritans number on here please.
Dillon Da Silva on 10:57 - Mar 2 with 2377 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dillon Da Silva on 09:46 - Mar 2 by Antti_Heinola

I mean, it's mainly gallows humour isn't it?

On the plus side, I dreamt we didn't win any games until the last game of the season last night. We did however, win the last one 3-2 to stay up, although this came with the help of Ebere Eze who was back on loan and Lee Cook coming out of retirement.

Make of that what you will.

Did you smoke a cigarette of dubious legality prior to lights out?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dillon Da Silva on 11:05 - Mar 2 with 2352 viewsTheChef

Dillon Da Silva on 10:43 - Mar 2 by Burnleyhoop

We spent 24 million last year. Oblivion awaits regardless.

The meaning of OBLIVION is the fact or condition of not remembering.

But I still remember Stuart Wardley?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dillon Da Silva on 11:11 - Mar 2 with 2341 viewsNorthernr

Dillon Da Silva on 10:57 - Mar 2 by PlanetHonneywood

Did you smoke a cigarette of dubious legality prior to lights out?

Or big block of cheese.
Login to get fewer ads

Dillon Da Silva on 11:14 - Mar 2 with 2334 viewsRBlock

Dillon Da Silva on 17:45 - Mar 1 by mart_Goblin

Very unlikely he has been bought back to feature in the first team this season. It could happen I suppose but unlikely. If it was to play then surely Shodipo would be the obvious one to bring back (needs to be released and ain’t good enough at Championship level but you take my point).
Might just be Ainsworth getting his ducks in a row for the summer whether we stay up or not .
Let’s face it , if we are relegated , that U23/ B team will all feature after the fire sale we’ll need to try and have .

Someone might correct me on the rules, but Shodipo would have to be named in the 25 man squad to play due to him being 25, as where young Dillon De Silva doesn't so can go straight in.
Dillon Da Silva on 11:17 - Mar 2 with 2323 viewsNorthernr

Dillon Da Silva on 11:14 - Mar 2 by RBlock

Someone might correct me on the rules, but Shodipo would have to be named in the 25 man squad to play due to him being 25, as where young Dillon De Silva doesn't so can go straight in.

A handsome man enters.
Dillon Da Silva on 13:08 - Mar 2 with 2151 viewsAndybrat

Dillon Da Silva on 11:17 - Mar 2 by Northernr

A handsome man enters.

I am sure he is doing this but GA has to be looking at who he can recall if only to get subs on the bench !! I would recall Kelman whatever because he does know where the back of the net is, dare I say more than Sinclair ( is he injured as well?). I know there will be loads of inquests at the end of season but someone has to look at hamstringitus and the cause. Shame Duke-McKenna injured also as he is the sort of energy with attitude we need in the middle of the park. You know if Da Silva is quick I would have him on the bench, it’s funny because seeing Lowe on the park he actually doesn’t look that quick. Chris Martin needs to just goal hang. Clive enjoy the journey.
Dillon Da Silva on 14:18 - Mar 2 with 2035 viewsdmm

Dillon Da Silva on 09:24 - Mar 2 by BAWHoops

At £1m each they were probably worth the gamble. What's key (as we are finding out) is the wages.
If they're sitting on £50k - £75k a year then fine. If they're each pulling in £250k a year then it's a big problem and unfortunately we've far to many players who should be on the former actually on the latter

Where do you get the figure of £1m each for Kelman and Walsh? I'd be very surprised if they cost anything close to that.
Dillon Da Silva on 14:32 - Mar 2 with 1985 viewskensalriser

Dillon Da Silva on 14:18 - Mar 2 by dmm

Where do you get the figure of £1m each for Kelman and Walsh? I'd be very surprised if they cost anything close to that.

Comes from the same place as 2m for Bonne etc. ie plucked out of thin air.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dillon Da Silva on 12:58 - Mar 3 with 1750 viewsaston_hoop

In the squad for the B team at Colchester this afternoon. Edit, he's even starting.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 13:01]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dillon Da Silva on 13:05 - Mar 3 with 1727 viewsdmm

Dillon Da Silva on 12:58 - Mar 3 by aston_hoop

In the squad for the B team at Colchester this afternoon. Edit, he's even starting.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 13:01]

Nice to see a couple of U18s in the squad too, though no Kolli which is a shame.
Dillon Da Silva on 13:07 - Mar 3 with 1719 viewsaston_hoop

Dillon Da Silva on 13:05 - Mar 3 by dmm

Nice to see a couple of U18s in the squad too, though no Kolli which is a shame.

I suppose Kolli was in that Haka video, maybe Gaz has him travelling to Rotherham with the first team. Not sure he's quite read but you never know.

Dillon Da Silva on 13:18 - Mar 3 with 1672 viewsaston_hoop

He's put us 1-0 up too apparently. He clearly is the messiah

Dillon Da Silva on 14:08 - Mar 3 with 1546 viewsswisscottage

Dillon Da Silva on 16:42 - Mar 1 by gazza1

Seriously, are we now suggesting that a non-league player will be able to step up to the Championship?? Daft!!!!

Whilst I'm not saying he's good enough its not unheard of.

Andy Impey ( Yeading)
Les Ferdinand (Hayes via loan stint in Turkey)
Peter Crouch Loaned to non-league the season before he joined us and started 42 times.
Charlie Austin

Others:
Jamie Vardy
Joe Hart
Ian Wright

To name just a few.
Dillon Da Silva on 14:34 - Mar 3 with 1498 viewsR_from_afar

Dillon Da Silva on 14:08 - Mar 3 by swisscottage

Andy Impey ( Yeading)
Peter Crouch Loaned to non-league the season before he joined us and started 42 times.
Charlie Austin

Others:
Jamie Vardy
Joe Hart
Ian Wright

To name just a few.

Holloway brought in Adam Miller from non-league Aldershot and he played 15 times for us.

He's also another to add to our list of famous(ish) Rs fans, Wikipedia says Miller had supported us since childhood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Miller_(footballer,_born_1982)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dillon Da Silva on 14:55 - Mar 3 with 1471 viewsaston_hoop

Dillon Da Silva on 14:08 - Mar 3 by swisscottage

Andy Impey ( Yeading)
Charlie Austin

Others:
Jamie Vardy
Joe Hart
Ian Wright

To name just a few.

Or for contemporary players, Sheffield Utd's Iliman Ndiaye went from Boreham Wood to Sheffield Utd via a loan at Hyde Utd to become one of the league's top 5 players

Dillon Da Silva on 15:27 - Mar 3 with 1412 viewsRBlock

Dillon Da Silva on 14:55 - Mar 3 by aston_hoop

Or for contemporary players, Sheffield Utd's Iliman Ndiaye went from Boreham Wood to Sheffield Utd via a loan at Hyde Utd to become one of the league's top 5 players

Was playing Sunday League for a development team called Rising Ballers before that, based in …. Westway Sports Centre in Latimer Road, stones throw from the ground.
Dillon Da Silva on 15:29 - Mar 3 with 1406 viewsaston_hoop

Dillon Da Silva on 15:27 - Mar 3 by RBlock

Was playing Sunday League for a development team called Rising Ballers before that, based in …. Westway Sports Centre in Latimer Road, stones throw from the ground.

Didn't know that, was there ever any chance we'd have tried to pick him up?

Dillon Da Silva on 17:13 - Mar 3 with 1195 viewsE15Hoop

Dillon Da Silva on 15:29 - Mar 3 by aston_hoop

Didn't know that, was there ever any chance we'd have tried to pick him up?

Do you honestly believe we 'd have been that clued up?!

The list of missed opportunities by our much vaunted recruitment team is getting longer by the day (see numerous previous threads on this very theme..)
Dillon Da Silva on 17:25 - Mar 3 with 1154 viewsaston_hoop

Dillon Da Silva on 17:13 - Mar 3 by E15Hoop

Do you honestly believe we 'd have been that clued up?!

The list of missed opportunities by our much vaunted recruitment team is getting longer by the day (see numerous previous threads on this very theme..)

Do I think the club that picked up Ebere Eze, Ilias Chair and Seny Dieng through similar routes as teenagers would be that clued up? Yes I do.

Do I think its more likely he chose Sheffield Utd because they had a higher level academy and were in the Premier League at the time? Yes also.

Dillon Da Silva on 17:31 - Mar 3 with 1143 viewsE15Hoop

Dillon Da Silva on 17:25 - Mar 3 by aston_hoop

Do I think the club that picked up Ebere Eze, Ilias Chair and Seny Dieng through similar routes as teenagers would be that clued up? Yes I do.

Do I think its more likely he chose Sheffield Utd because they had a higher level academy and were in the Premier League at the time? Yes also.

In that case, I believe you may have answered your own question..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024