Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books 16:43 - Jan 19 with 11431 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-moving-stalemate-rotherham-danny-ward-bos

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/holloway-qpr-idrissa-sylla
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 14:32 - Jan 20 with 1731 viewsPinnerPaul

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 13:08 - Jan 20 by The_Mole

"You must've been watching a different game to me. I couldn't believe it when he took him off - he was causing all kinds of problems and Reading were barely containing him."

And that is what having an opinion is all about!

I just think players have too much say and power these days (maybe I'm slightly old school) but I think it's refreshing when they're reminded who's actually in charge!

Exactly!

Its a squad game these days as everyone knows.

Manager has 3 subs from 7, nearly every match both teams use subs - get over it player!

Ollie was just as unimpressed with Sanchez's reaction last week as well - discussed it with Danny Murphy in that interview that was posted on here earlier in the week.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 14:34 - Jan 20 with 1724 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 13:34 - Jan 20 by swisscottage

Its one thing being disappointed with your manager's decision and disagreeing with it, it another thing showing that in a dissenting manner in front of other people.

If Olly was to have a one to one behind close doors with Sylla where everything is kept between them, there will be other players possibly thinking he let Sylla's dissent/disrespect slide. Then others standards of behavior slide, and then it becomes harder to get them all back in line.

In this instance I believe Olly was right. Nip it in the bud, and nip it hard and do it in an arena where everyone that the message is relevant to can see it.
In this instance it isn't just about the players that are here, its also about any players we are looking to sign.

From my view, they will be looking at Olly, as the sort of person they can have a joke with on the training ground, the sort of manager who carries himself with honor and respect for others that he expects in return, and the sort of manager you don't cross. If as a player they return the same level of respect that he expects, then he is the sort of manager that will move heaven and earth for them... just take a look at the chance he gave to Clarke Carlisle whilst also being firm and ordering him off the team bus, where other managers would have got the club fixers to hide it all, and ship him out at the earliest opportunity.

Yeah because notoriously players love to play with managers who go public with their criticisms of them.
The whole argument is not about what Ollie says is right or wrong, it's about the effect it has. It doesn't need to be done in a press conference. Players are more likely to feel they can't trust him - I've said before that the Palace players were not impressed when he ran his mouth and accidentally spilled a load of secrets about several players, who had spoken to him in confidence, in front of the whole squad. He lost enormous respect for that.

I love him, I love his honesty, but that load of quotes seems miles out of proportion to what happened on the night. I completely agree discipline needs to be laid down. I completely agree Sylla was in the wrong. But how you deal with it is key and in this instance Ollie would have done better to shut up.

In total agreement that all subbed players should leave the field like Ainsworth though!

Bare bones.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 15:11 - Jan 20 with 1689 viewstraininvain

Don't get the impression that Olly is particularly keen on Sylla.

Might be wrong but feels that way.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 15:23 - Jan 20 with 1669 viewsDeepcutHoop

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 14:03 - Jan 20 by wood_hoop

+ 1

Sylla may think he is one of our 'star players' as we are not overflowing with strikers at this time, he threw the strop in front of thousands, not exactly the way to react to your managers decision, maybe a word with Ollie in the dressing room or even better just the two of them,IH then having to justify his decision to Sylla and Sylla being allowed to disagree and make his point without a comeback from IH.

That wasn't a strop ffs

He looked annoyed and walked off a little bit slower than usual (as we would hope when leading with time ticking away btw)

'Strop' is way over-egging it, at least in what we saw on the night.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 16:25 - Jan 20 with 1602 viewskensalriser

I must have missed the memo about when to get the knives out for a player.

1) Be sure to never miss an opportunity to slag off the most creative player at the club and wherever possible, call for him to be 'bombed out'. Don't forget to celebrate his departure. See point 2.

2) At all times criticise the club's leading goalscorer and call for him to be dropped or transferred. Rejoice at his depature. See point 1.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 10:57 - Jan 21 with 1491 viewsPommyhoop

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 15:23 - Jan 20 by DeepcutHoop

That wasn't a strop ffs

He looked annoyed and walked off a little bit slower than usual (as we would hope when leading with time ticking away btw)

'Strop' is way over-egging it, at least in what we saw on the night.

Have to agree ..
This is a strop ! Gawd Blessim...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024