Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the train home 22:26 - Oct 20 with 11298 viewsloftboy

God that was shit, Ramsey has to go, taking Jet off unless injured was inexcusable, turgid shite.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

On the train home on 23:24 - Oct 20 with 2022 viewsjohncharles

On the train home on 23:01 - Oct 20 by essextaxiboy

Did you see how many headers Sandro won in front of their strikers or how many foot ins he made to.regain possession ? He properly protected Hall .

I think you mean Hill. Hall was doing very nicely on his own, went up for all the corners and free kicks and was back in his position before their goalie took the goal kick.
Toszer reminds me of Nico. Does two or three classy things per match but rest of the time - zilch. At times he seemed to be running away from the ball.

Strong and stable my arse.

On the train home on 23:30 - Oct 20 with 2004 viewsgobbles

On the train home on 22:54 - Oct 20 by Lblock

Essex mate, if you enjoyed that then pitch up at SKY TV tomorrow. I've a gang of lads decorating the ground floor of the News building, they'll be finished by about 11.00pm and you're welcome to watch them walls dry for as long as you want.

Sandro? Weak as pi$$! Him and Tozzer seemed to both attempt to adopt the Karl Henry-Ramsey mantle tonight, both poor and both blowing out of their arris by the end

Dear me. How far we've fallen if people see tonight as a big positive (clean sheet aside)

I thought Sandro was just about out best player. Won lots of headers, only player who could break up play, only one who looked comfortable on the ball and switched play
On the train home on 23:31 - Oct 20 with 1998 viewsstevec

Can't believe I'm saying this but for the first time since Ramsey took charge I actually think I saw some light at the end of the tunnel.

The pleasing thing was, for the first time this season, we did the right things when we didn't have the ball, something that's been a problem the whole season.

Admittedly Wednesday weren't great up front, why Foresteri first half was stuck on the wing was a mystery, but they were the fittest and most organised side we've played this season. They are possibly one good striker from challenging.

A clean sheet at last and something to build on. Next step, what to do when we do have the ball, but keep this up and I'm prepared to give him time, something I never thought I'd say.

I guess it could have been the Warnock influence but I'll give Ramsey the benefit of the doubt tonight.
On the train home on 23:32 - Oct 20 with 1990 viewsMonkey_Roots

Just back.

I thought it was pretty bad. Luongo was a highlight, as were Hill, Hall and Cherry.

Our corners were crap thanks Toszer not being able to clear the first man, every single time.

Onuhua is not a full back - quick but no distribution. Konchesky was fair, Phillips was poor, Green was largely an observer. Wednesday were poo - their number 9 was the target all night, and he was dire. JET was decent in the first half, but he looked spent in the 2nd - I thought it was understandable bringing Fer on, but inexcusable not to have Seb as an option on the bench.

I thought there were glimpses of quality here and there, but we seem unable to string anything together.

Overall pretty poor, but I think we are 2 or 3 players away from producing some meaningful performances. Ramsey is indeed looking like a man bereft of a plan, and unable to decide on a style of play and find a system to house it in. Change is a coming, although I'm sad to to say it - something needs to happen to spark our season into life. I hope he finds a way to do it, a new manager is unthinkable, and I don't want it to happen.. but I'm a glass half full kinda guy, and I don't have millions of pounds invested in the club.

Unthinkable, but at the same time understandable, and sadly, inevitable.
On the train home on 23:33 - Oct 20 with 1974 viewsdaveB

On the train home on 23:31 - Oct 20 by stevec

Can't believe I'm saying this but for the first time since Ramsey took charge I actually think I saw some light at the end of the tunnel.

The pleasing thing was, for the first time this season, we did the right things when we didn't have the ball, something that's been a problem the whole season.

Admittedly Wednesday weren't great up front, why Foresteri first half was stuck on the wing was a mystery, but they were the fittest and most organised side we've played this season. They are possibly one good striker from challenging.

A clean sheet at last and something to build on. Next step, what to do when we do have the ball, but keep this up and I'm prepared to give him time, something I never thought I'd say.

I guess it could have been the Warnock influence but I'll give Ramsey the benefit of the doubt tonight.

Warnock starts work Thursday or Friday according to Ramsey, when he fancies it basically
On the train home on 23:35 - Oct 20 with 1965 viewsDWQPR

On the train home on 23:16 - Oct 20 by daveB

whoever he took off from Chery, JET or Luonga would have been booed and slaughtered. real lack of options tonight, thought we defended a lot better but than's about as positive as i can be really, two piss poor sides. Anyone who thinks we are good enough to go up is a lunatic

could have taken Phillips off as he was his usual £7million load of sh1te.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

On the train home on 23:43 - Oct 20 with 1920 viewsactonman

To put not too fine a point on it, anybody happy with that sh!te performance really is clutching at the Ramsey rebuilding / time to gel straws a little too tight !

bored our way to a goalless draw at home with 1 shot on target, well fcking done to all concerned !!!
On the train home on 23:55 - Oct 20 with 1876 viewsstevec

On the train home on 23:43 - Oct 20 by actonman

To put not too fine a point on it, anybody happy with that sh!te performance really is clutching at the Ramsey rebuilding / time to gel straws a little too tight !

bored our way to a goalless draw at home with 1 shot on target, well fcking done to all concerned !!!

Heh, believe me I've wanted him out longer than most and take your point about tonight, but how we shaped up when the opposition had the ball was better than I've seen in a long time.

It's a start, one that's taken the best part of 2015 to happen, but I need something to cling onto as I don't think Ramsey is going away anytime soon.
Login to get fewer ads

On the train home on 00:07 - Oct 21 with 1853 viewsdaveB

On the train home on 23:35 - Oct 20 by DWQPR

could have taken Phillips off as he was his usual £7million load of sh1te.

yeah could have done, thought Phillips was poor again but any attacking player coming off, which was the only change to make, would have been booed and got stick. I'm guessing JET is going to start on Saturday and if he has a slight knock they have to nurse him through
On the train home on 00:12 - Oct 21 with 1835 viewsted_hendrix

Not at the game tonight so reading the 'just backs' is it a fair assumption to say that although we are 10th in the table we're actually not that good?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

On the train home on 00:14 - Oct 21 with 1833 viewsdaveB

On the train home on 00:12 - Oct 21 by ted_hendrix

Not at the game tonight so reading the 'just backs' is it a fair assumption to say that although we are 10th in the table we're actually not that good?

fair assumption, was a dire game, two poor sides without a clear chance created between us
On the train home on 00:17 - Oct 21 with 1822 viewsessextaxiboy

On the train home on 00:14 - Oct 21 by daveB

fair assumption, was a dire game, two poor sides without a clear chance created between us

Cherys chance at the far post could have nicked it for us , their keeper made a great save .
On the train home on 00:22 - Oct 21 with 1810 viewsted_hendrix

On the train home on 00:14 - Oct 21 by daveB

I've just read Bosh's thoughts on another thread which doesn't make good reading.
I remember walking out of MK Dons ground a few seasons ago and all of us we're saying that Neil Warnock 'had lost the dressing room'
Saturdays game/result is crucial.
There's going to be changes, there will have to be, I cant understand why Matty Phillips is putting in crap performances either, he's better than that.

On the train home on 00:24 - Oct 21 with 1794 viewsPunteR

On the train home on 00:22 - Oct 21 by ted_hendrix

I've just read Bosh's thoughts on another thread which doesn't make good reading.
I remember walking out of MK Dons ground a few seasons ago and all of us we're saying that Neil Warnock 'had lost the dressing room'
There's going to be changes, there will have to be, I cant understand why Matty Phillips is putting in crap performances either, he's better than that.

Is he better than that?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

On the train home on 00:26 - Oct 21 with 1789 viewsted_hendrix

On the train home on 00:24 - Oct 21 by PunteR

Is he better than that?

I believe so yes.

On the train home on 00:28 - Oct 21 with 1665 viewsessextaxiboy

On the train home on 00:22 - Oct 21 by ted_hendrix

Hold that thought Ted , because thats exactly where we are headed again . Jan 2017 Warnock sacked after going out of the Cup to the Dog and Duck .Bottom of the Prem with a bunch of old Pro,s fleecing us . The new bloke will have 3 weeks to toss off a load more cash .

Groundhog Day
On the train home on 00:33 - Oct 21 with 1651 viewsconnell10

On the train home on 00:26 - Oct 21 by ted_hendrix

I believe so yes.

Flatters mate and no heart imo.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

On the train home on 00:41 - Oct 21 with 1626 viewsted_hendrix

On the train home on 00:28 - Oct 21 by essextaxiboy

Hold that thought Ted , because thats exactly where we are headed again . Jan 2017 Warnock sacked after going out of the Cup to the Dog and Duck .Bottom of the Prem with a bunch of old Pro,s fleecing us . The new bloke will have 3 weeks to toss off a load more cash .

Groundhog Day

Yep its all a bit worrying, we seem to go round in ever decreasing circles.

On the train home on 00:42 - Oct 21 with 1622 viewsTacticalR

I believe so yes.

So do I.

I think he gets frustrated with himself and then really doesn't play well.

Having said that it was him that scored on Saturday.

Air hostess clique

On the train home on 00:48 - Oct 21 with 1593 viewsted_hendrix

On the train home on 00:33 - Oct 21 by connell10

I've seen him have some cracking games for us and against good opposition, I was chuffed when he stayed here this season and he was one of those players that I thought would have a good season for us, maybe his confidence is shot I don't know?
Don't want to second guess as I wasn't at the game tonight but it seems to me that all is not as it should be behind the scenes. (that's almost patently bloody obvious I know)

On the train home on 00:52 - Oct 21 with 1569 viewsPunteR

I believe so yes.

He's far too inconsistent for me. Yes he can play i blinder now and then and the end of last season showed what he's capable of, but to be a top player you have to do every week. I guess if he wasn't so inconsistent and played to his full potential week in week out he wouldn't be here but at a prem club. But he doesn't.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

On the train home on 01:06 - Oct 21 with 1533 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Up to 10th in the league with a new squad
Clean sheet at home to a decent team
Top London club ATM
and people still find an excuse to moan

Its got me thinking that maybe Ramsey isnt the problem.....?
On the train home on 06:05 - Oct 21 with 1368 viewsBerkoRanger

On the train home on 22:41 - Oct 20 by WilloW4

As loft boy said .."turgid shit".. Mates I've spoken to weren't so polite about tonight....I've always flown the flag for loyal fans, and still do, but I'm thinking..'that was a bundle saved'.(by not entertaining going...)...entertaining , now there's a word you haven't heard around loftus road for awhile.

I didn't go last night (recovering from a minor op) but have supported the R's since the early 70s. I first started supporting them because they were well known for entertaining, attacking football and had real characters in the side. So, to play no strikers at home is an unknown and a new low for me. In fact, being an old Skooler, I expect nothing less than 4-4-2 with Charlie (Polter) and JET up front! Consequently, I am taking a break from the club (sadly but necessary for my own sanity) and I'll maybe have a look at the Christmas results .
Enough is enough. All the best, guys. Berko.
On the train home on 07:03 - Oct 21 with 1305 viewswestberksr

On the train home on 00:33 - Oct 21 by connell10

Agree with you there. Never seems to show any desire or strength.

Then when he has the chance to challenge rather than actually put a proper effort in he usually backs in or jumps at the man, conceding a free kick.

Phillips should be tearing up this league but rarely seems to get out of first gear,given his improvement last season when Ramsey took over I expected a hell of a lot more.

Thought Hill, Sandro & Luongo were the pick tonight with JET looking ok too.

Toezer (sp?) Gave the ball away with poor passes throughout, and Ned did his usual impression of somebody introduced to the concept of a football for the first time everytime he was presented with possession.
On the train home on 07:17 - Oct 21 with 1289 viewsAgedR

Interesting to hear people claiming that Ramsey has ruined the squad of players or how far we have fallen.

Not sure I recall these players ever performing or the recent efforts of the club reaching a height that they have fallen from.

As I recall it we've been piss poor since before Warnock left irrespective of who takes training.

Bang average last night and before the season I would have taken bang average this campaign.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024