Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton Announce New Owners 16:18 - Sep 23 with 1284 viewsSaintNick

Subject to financial fair play checks etc, this will not go down well with the Red side of Merseyside as they also own Roma who 6 years or so ago attacked innocent Liverpool fans outside Anfield before a European game and left one fan fighting for his life and is now permanently disabled after the attack

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:20 - Sep 23 with 1268 viewssaints__fan__73

TBF, no matter who the owners were there would have been something Liverpool fans would feel maudlin about.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:26 - Sep 23 with 1238 viewssolent_toffee

Blimey, that’s a tenuous link and a half. I don’t know one Liverpool fan who would give that a second thought.

Anyway, Everton finally get some financial stability, new ground and hopefully a better future. Can almost touch that 14th spot from here.
Everton Announce New Owners on 16:31 - Sep 23 with 1209 viewsIfonly

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:26 - Sep 23 by solent_toffee

Blimey, that’s a tenuous link and a half. I don’t know one Liverpool fan who would give that a second thought.

Anyway, Everton finally get some financial stability, new ground and hopefully a better future. Can almost touch that 14th spot from here.

my mum always told me no to touch spots
Everton Announce New Owners on 16:41 - Sep 23 with 1174 viewsSaintNick

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:26 - Sep 23 by solent_toffee

I wouldnt call it a tenuous link, Everton fans have been chanting murderers at Liverpool fans for the last 25 years or so, there is no love lost between Liverpool and Roma fans and it will be ignited if Everton try to do some sort of sister club thing with Roma

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:44 - Sep 23 with 1160 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:41 - Sep 23 by SaintNick

I wouldnt call it a tenuous link, Everton fans have been chanting murderers at Liverpool fans for the last 25 years or so, there is no love lost between Liverpool and Roma fans and it will be ignited if Everton try to do some sort of sister club thing with Roma

That’s about as tenuous as you can get. Why does everything have to be about Liverpool FC?
Everton Announce New Owners on 17:14 - Sep 23 with 1117 viewssaints__fan__73

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:44 - Sep 23 by solent_toffee

That’s about as tenuous as you can get. Why does everything have to be about Liverpool FC?

As a Scouser do you really need to ask that?

Everton Announce New Owners on 17:41 - Sep 23 with 1074 viewsSaintNick

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:44 - Sep 23 by solent_toffee

In fairness I asked a question and it is relevant, if the Liverpool owners bought Torino, I think a section of the Juventus fans would not be too happy about it.

It is not the Everton fans fault or Liverpool fans for that matter, but truth is there is a lot of friction still between the two clubs as its fairly recent history.

Everton Announce New Owners on 20:24 - Sep 23 with 883 viewsPatfromPoole

This reminds me of the utter dismay I get when some of our fans start singing that horrific Allez song.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Login to get fewer ads

Everton Announce New Owners on 06:24 - Sep 24 with 668 viewscocklebreath

Everton Announce New Owners on 20:24 - Sep 23 by PatfromPoole

This reminds me of the utter dismay I get when some of our fans start singing that horrific Allez song.

Some? Saturday 2nd half the whole Northam were singing, just after the Ipswich fans sung it.
I can’t for the life of me understand why a Saints fan would want to sing a song closely related to that scummy club.
Next game we might start doing the der der der song that they love down the road.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Everton Announce New Owners on 11:39 - Sep 24 with 537 viewsNumber_58

Everton Announce New Owners on 06:24 - Sep 24 by cocklebreath

Some? Saturday 2nd half the whole Northam were singing, just after the Ipswich fans sung it.
I can’t for the life of me understand why a Saints fan would want to sing a song closely related to that scummy club.
Next game we might start doing the der der der song that they love down the road.

Why should anyone care where the song comes from? It's not like it's an SS marching song from WW2. Besides, didn't Liverpool nick it off a foreign team originally?
Everton Announce New Owners on 11:51 - Sep 24 with 517 viewsdirk_doone

Everton Announce New Owners on 11:39 - Sep 24 by Number_58

Why should anyone care where the song comes from? It's not like it's an SS marching song from WW2. Besides, didn't Liverpool nick it off a foreign team originally?

In the 60s and 70s fans of every club sang, "You'll never walk alone." It used to be one of our best songs.

One of the most popular songs in Serie A nowadays is "Yellow Submarine", which is another one that used to be sung at the Dell. There is also an Italian version of OWTS being sung in Serie A this season. They don't care that we sang it first; neither do Spurs fans or those of any of the other clubs that sing it.
[Post edited 24 Sep 11:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Everton Announce New Owners on 12:51 - Sep 24 with 455 viewsSaintNick

Everton Announce New Owners on 11:51 - Sep 24 by dirk_doone

In the 60s and 70s fans of every club sang, "You'll never walk alone." It used to be one of our best songs.

One of the most popular songs in Serie A nowadays is "Yellow Submarine", which is another one that used to be sung at the Dell. There is also an Italian version of OWTS being sung in Serie A this season. They don't care that we sang it first; neither do Spurs fans or those of any of the other clubs that sing it.
[Post edited 24 Sep 11:57]

Dirk is right every club sung YNWA even Manchester United, virtually every song is stolen from somewhere, aside from a few specially written club songs like Blue is the Colour at Chelsea

Everton Announce New Owners on 13:59 - Sep 24 with 415 viewsPatfromPoole

Football was nowhere near as tribal in the old days.

I am regularly told of people back in the day who used to watch Saints at home one week and then Skates at home the following week.

I presume this was in the halycon days when the Skates were getting crowds of over 20,000; the reality is that a lot of their fans were actually our fans as well....

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Everton Announce New Owners on 14:32 - Sep 24 with 392 viewssaints__fan__73

Everton Announce New Owners on 13:59 - Sep 24 by PatfromPoole

Football was nowhere near as tribal in the old days.

I am regularly told of people back in the day who used to watch Saints at home one week and then Skates at home the following week.

I presume this was in the halycon days when the Skates were getting crowds of over 20,000; the reality is that a lot of their fans were actually our fans as well....

Happened a lot between the war. My grandparents had s/ts to both. Wasn't the FA Cup that they won in '39 paraded around the Dell the following week?

Everton Announce New Owners on 15:23 - Sep 24 with 362 viewscocklebreath

Everton Announce New Owners on 11:39 - Sep 24 by Number_58

Because when I hear it i automatically think of Liverpool and I don’t like thinking about Liverpool

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:17 - Sep 24 with 346 viewsSaintNick

Everton Announce New Owners on 14:32 - Sep 24 by saints__fan__73

Happened a lot between the war. My grandparents had s/ts to both. Wasn't the FA Cup that they won in '39 paraded around the Dell the following week?

You are right the cup was paraded round the Dell as the two clubs played a friendly game or maybe a hants cup game the week after I think and they brought the cup.

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:21 - Sep 24 with 339 viewssaints__fan__73

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:17 - Sep 24 by SaintNick

You are right the cup was paraded round the Dell as the two clubs played a friendly game or maybe a hants cup game the week after I think and they brought the cup.

Did the cup used to be played on the same day as league matches back then? I'm sure I remember seeing something when they got to the cup final under Twitchy that had a copy of the front page of the local paper for the day after the final and in the corner was a small report about Saints playing a dull goalless draw and the 'the biggest cheer of the day came when news came through that Portsmouth had won the cup'.

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:22 - Sep 24 with 336 viewsSaintNick

Everton Announce New Owners on 16:21 - Sep 24 by saints__fan__73

Did the cup used to be played on the same day as league matches back then? I'm sure I remember seeing something when they got to the cup final under Twitchy that had a copy of the front page of the local paper for the day after the final and in the corner was a small report about Saints playing a dull goalless draw and the 'the biggest cheer of the day came when news came through that Portsmouth had won the cup'.

You could be right

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024