Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham fans 23:31 - Apr 17 with 31091 viewsanimal8

I wonder why Oldham and Bury make such a big deal of when they come to Dale .Oldham tonight singing we've taken your town ,so what ,they probably went in the regal moon .When we go to There grounds we just treat it as a normal game ,not a pissing contest .
Oldham fans on 08:22 - Apr 24 with 4813 viewsphilofOAFC

Oldham fans on 22:52 - Apr 23 by kel

Alreet phil? I remember your previous posts on here and how decent you’ve continued to be. You’re a rarity from my experience of Oldham fans though but I hope fans like you can hopefully look forward to better times. Good luck.

Cheers Kel, good luck to the Daleys in your continued fight too mate.

The real fight to reclaim our club starts now, absolutely no idea how we get these owners out and what the real state of our club will be once they have gone but we can't become another Bury FC. Other clubs have fallen from EFL, many never to return but have survived somehow... got to be humble and take any help we can get from other like minded supporters in football and hopefully one day we will be back playing Daleys in a League match.
Oldham fans on 08:23 - Apr 24 with 4807 viewsDaleiLama

Oldham fans on 22:02 - Apr 23 by philofOAFC

Many thanks for your sympathy Northern, I know some of our fans are idiots but the vast majority (in my experience) are decent, humble fans who love their club like you love yours. Its been a terrible time to be a Latics fan tbh, these are now the darkest days in our club's history and I am not convinced that we will survive as a club, let alone thrive in the National League. Good luck to you Daleys for the future and in particular in keeping Morton House and other unsuitable owners from your club. We have got dreadful incompetent owners in who might destroy our club completely unless we can somehow get rid of them.
In truth, compared to Mariupol and the battle that Ukrainian people are facing for survival, a footballl club's survival is nothing. Got to keep perspective in life

Good luck with your fight Phil. You are a decent sort

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Oldham fans on 08:28 - Apr 24 with 4782 viewsphilofOAFC

Oldham fans on 23:08 - Apr 23 by pioneer

Keep the faith, treasure your memories and never give up.

I look forward to the days a well run oldham athletic return to the league.

Cheers Pioneer

52 years of memories safely locked away pal, just now got to try and get the owners out and rebuild Latics so we can ensure that those who still care can have another few years of loving OAFC - or of hating them I suppose lol.

Keep the Dale safe mate, a shining beacon of light in an increasingly murky world of League Football Governance
Oldham fans on 09:00 - Apr 24 with 4694 viewsNorthernDale

PhilofOAFC

Thanks for the comments, keep the faith, if Hartlepool and other teams can come back into the fold, then I am looking forward to the return of Oldham. I was desperate in the recent weeks to or Oldham to survive, hopefully the owners will finally see sense and sell the club in the next few weeks and that you can hold on to Sheridan, who will have the full control to build a promotion team for next season, without any interference from the owners.

Good luck next season and remember 'keep the faith', you will return.
Oldham fans on 09:36 - Apr 24 with 4574 viewsblackdogblue

Best of luck in the conference Phil but I fear fines, sanctions etc will heap more misery.

There is a lot of money in that league and bouncing back won’t be easy, just look at NCFC..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Oldham fans on 09:59 - Apr 24 with 4514 viewsEllDale

It’s taken Wrexham 14 years to mount a serious promotion bid and then only after a massive cash injection.
The former Football League clubs have struggled in the Conference over the years as vanity clubs like Salford, Harrogate, Fleetwood and Crawley have clambered above them.
You don’t just need a big fan base at that level, you need cash. And lots of it.
Oldham fans on 10:50 - Apr 24 with 4407 viewsDaleiLama

https://mobile.twitter.com/CommsDale/status/1518133229131292673

Oldham fans on 11:21 - Apr 24 with 4334 viewsgriff

Oldham fans on 20:33 - Apr 23 by kel

I’ll have a look but my avatar is in relation to the MIGHTY Public Service Broadcasting (pipe down, Judd).

YOU PROG MONSTER.
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham fans on 11:26 - Apr 24 with 4317 viewsgriff

Another perspective from the Salford board; looks like some of their lot weren’t much better.

1 Obviously happy with our win (eventually) but football took a back seat today for me given the pitch invasion and the unpleasant scenes immediately after outside the ground. Have to say the pitch invasion was entirely predictable but the timing of it seemed strange given that Oldham had given a decent account of themselves and might well have taken something from the remaining 11 minutes. Thought the overall stewarding and policing, given the potential for disruption during and trouble after the game, appeared to be sadly lacking in terms of anticipation and preparation given the highly charged atmosphere, and I just hope that innocent supporters weren't caught up in the after match trouble. I will say though that I felt embarrassed at times to be a Salford City fan today given the way some of our support goaded the home fans with a series of 'chant's and 'songs' that showed little sympathy for their plight both on and off the pitch. I just wished they shown as much energy supporting our own team instead of 'hating' the opposition. I'm all for some good old fashioned banter with opposing fans but today was just cringeworthy and showed a complete lack of 'class'. I know there's no love between us and Oldham but we're all part of the footballing fraternity and to celebrate the demise of another team (irrespective of who we were playing today) due to rank bad ownership coupled with relegation just doesn't sit comfortably with me. It seemed to me that many individuals (who I've never seen before at away games) were not there to support us but to wind the opposition up which I believe had a contributory factor to what happened after the game. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned?

2 I'm in total agreement with what XX is saying about some of our 'new Salford fans.' Some right morons turned up today. I do hope that they don't honour us with their company at any further games - particularly not the  fools who thought it clever to break up Oldham seats and then bring large lumps of the blue seats onto our coach (having previously taunted Oldham fans by waving the vandalised-seats at them). I trust that these cretins will be banned from future matches.

3 Brandon scored the goal that put them behind. Then Barrow scored and their fate was 12 minutes from being sealed.....
Brandon turned one of their players, and he feigned a serious foul. By that time the Oldham players were getting desperate. The Salford fans were doing the conga winding up the Oldham fans. Let's all do the conga, na na na na ....Brandon was shown a yellow card and that Oldham fan started to go mental after Brandon. That wound the others up and before you could say 'welcome to the national league" a pitch invasion had started on the stand near to us. The opposite stand then steamed onto the pitch.
A line of police officers appeared and gave us the best defensive line up we have had all season.
It was pure box office.
Oldham fans on 11:52 - Apr 24 with 4261 viewskel

Oldham fans on 11:21 - Apr 24 by griff

YOU PROG MONSTER.

Meh

🖕🖕
Oldham fans on 13:06 - Apr 24 with 4099 viewsphilofOAFC

Oldham fans on 10:50 - Apr 24 by DaleiLama

https://mobile.twitter.com/CommsDale/status/1518133229131292673

Wonderful tribute lol

Cheers lads, made me smile
Oldham fans on 19:47 - Apr 24 with 3714 viewshammerdale

Oldham fans on 23:35 - Apr 23 by hammerdale

Remember vividly Dale getting beat 5-1 in the Boundary Park snow around 1963..
pretty sure we conceded 4 goals in about 15 minutes late in the second half.

The following season a remarkable Rose Bowl game at Boundary Park...us won 5-3
Oldham fans on 20:40 - Apr 24 with 3607 viewsmingthemerciless

When was the Rose Bowl last played for and who holds the trophy now ?
Oldham fans on 21:36 - Apr 24 with 3510 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham fans on 20:40 - Apr 24 by mingthemerciless

July 2007, we won 2-1

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham fans on 21:37 - Apr 24 with 3505 viewsboromat

Oldham fans on 20:40 - Apr 24 by mingthemerciless

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/january/28012022-ernie-cooksey-trophy

As it was a draw I'm guessing Oldham are still the holders. Think penalties after a league game would have been a bit strange.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Oldham fans on 21:45 - Apr 24 with 3488 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham fans on 21:37 - Apr 24 by boromat

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/january/28012022-ernie-cooksey-trophy

As it was a draw I'm guessing Oldham are still the holders. Think penalties after a league game would have been a bit strange.

That's a different trophy.

Oldham fans on 22:57 - Apr 24 with 3381 viewsmingthemerciless

Oldham fans on 21:36 - Apr 24 by TVOS1907

July 2007, we won 2-1

Is the trophy on display anywhere ?
Oldham fans on 12:28 - Apr 25 with 2978 viewsboromat

Oldham fans on 21:45 - Apr 24 by TVOS1907

That's a different trophy.

Ah ok it's the way the article states the Ernie Cooksey trophy is in place of the Rose Bowl.

Oldham fans on 13:15 - Apr 25 with 2865 viewsAtThePeake

Oldham fans on 03:18 - Apr 24 by richfoad32

The Utah Jazz franchise was originally located in New Orleans, hence the nickname. They just didn't bother changing it after moving. Similarly with the Los Angeles Lakers not making any sense until you know they were originally from Minneapolis. What does it matter what the team name is? You're probably one of those bores who bangs on about it being called the 'World Series' when there's only 2 countries involved, yet happily embrace a 'Champions League' you can qualify for by finishing fourth.

What minor rule changes and tinkering have the 'Yanks' dabbled in by the way? Admittedly I don't really watch MLS but from what little I've seen it just looked like a normal game of football (wouldn't want to cause offence by calling it soccer), I'm intrigued.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 4:26]

I've been to an MLS game. I'd say the pretty reasonable ticket price, atmosphere and the freedom to have a drink in a terraced stand, made it a more enjoyable fan experience than most Premier League grounds I've been to in recent years.

There's plenty of things to dislike about the MLS experience but there's plenty to dislike about the Premier League experience too.

Tangled up in blue.

Oldham fans on 17:09 - Apr 25 with 2559 viewskel

Wonder where lifelong Biffo Roger will be sat if KFC Fylde go up and get to play the MASSIVE Oldham. He’ll be backtracking faster than his hairline.
Oldham fans on 17:21 - Apr 25 with 2523 viewsDaleiLama

Oldham fans on 17:09 - Apr 25 by kel

Wonder where lifelong Biffo Roger will be sat if KFC Fylde go up and get to play the MASSIVE Oldham. He’ll be backtracking faster than his hairline.

He'll be in with the home contingency surely? He won't get fed if he associates himself with Latics!

Oldham fans on 19:40 - Apr 25 with 2319 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham fans on 12:28 - Apr 25 by boromat

Ah ok it's the way the article states the Ernie Cooksey trophy is in place of the Rose Bowl.

Yes, so Dale hold the Rose Bowl.

Oldham fans on 20:39 - Apr 25 with 2192 viewspioneer

Oldham fans on 03:18 - Apr 24 by richfoad32

The Utah Jazz franchise was originally located in New Orleans, hence the nickname. They just didn't bother changing it after moving. Similarly with the Los Angeles Lakers not making any sense until you know they were originally from Minneapolis. What does it matter what the team name is? You're probably one of those bores who bangs on about it being called the 'World Series' when there's only 2 countries involved, yet happily embrace a 'Champions League' you can qualify for by finishing fourth.

What minor rule changes and tinkering have the 'Yanks' dabbled in by the way? Admittedly I don't really watch MLS but from what little I've seen it just looked like a normal game of football (wouldn't want to cause offence by calling it soccer), I'm intrigued.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 4:26]

precisely my point….an owner can up sticks and move a team at will and that is how these odd team names occur.

Try talking to cleveland or baltimore nfl fans about franchise moves.

Different explanations for the term World Ssries, none of which involve the winners beind deemed world champions, though that is how it is interpreted today.

New York World newspaer came up with the idea is one. Another is the Pittsburgh owner challenged the boston owner to a series for the world between the winners of national and american league.

As for rules tinkering try the 35 yard shootout!

Just an old bore babbling on like!
Oldham fans on 21:12 - Apr 25 with 2133 viewsboromat

Oldham fans on 19:40 - Apr 25 by TVOS1907

Yes, so Dale hold the Rose Bowl.

The rose bowl that has been retired for the Ernie Cooksey trophy that Oldham hold.

Oldham fans on 21:28 - Apr 25 with 2097 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham fans on 21:12 - Apr 25 by boromat

The rose bowl that has been retired for the Ernie Cooksey trophy that Oldham hold.

Well the Rose Bowl was linked to the Oldham Chronicle and Rochdale Observer, one of which doesn't exist anymore and the other one is hanging by a thread.

So yes.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2022 21:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024