Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Attendance 18:20 - Feb 26 with 9257 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Whats our biggest attendances away from home apart from 17000 at Wembley ?
Away Attendance on 11:44 - Mar 21 with 1234 viewsTVOS1907

Away Attendance on 08:31 - Mar 21 by Dorislove

Didnt want to start another thread so put this in here

893 (52 away) Morecambe v Colchester last night ,How low can crowds get ?
Whats the lowest league crowd in recent history .

849 for Wimbledon v Rotherham at Selhurst Park in October 2002

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Away Attendance on 12:56 - Mar 21 with 1204 viewsmingthemerciless

Away Attendance on 07:46 - Mar 19 by EllDale

I know that the dimensions of the current Shay pitch are larger than those of Wembley BUT there is no speedway track there now. You have to think that it was narrower in those days.

The first time I went to the Shay was for the famous promotion battle in the late sixties. The pitch was really small but the thing that amazed me was the area near the corner flags. At least a couple of yards of the pitch where the corner flags were consisted of grass laid on top of boards sat on top of housebricks ! They jutted out onto the speedway track. kid you not. You really needed a winger with one leg shorter than the other to take a good corner.

I presume the boards were taken away for the speedway.
Away Attendance on 13:01 - Mar 21 with 1198 viewsD_Alien

Away Attendance on 12:56 - Mar 21 by mingthemerciless

The first time I went to the Shay was for the famous promotion battle in the late sixties. The pitch was really small but the thing that amazed me was the area near the corner flags. At least a couple of yards of the pitch where the corner flags were consisted of grass laid on top of boards sat on top of housebricks ! They jutted out onto the speedway track. kid you not. You really needed a winger with one leg shorter than the other to take a good corner.

I presume the boards were taken away for the speedway.

Correct, and i recall one game where the corner quadrant was nowhere near level and the ball just wouldn't settle in it. The ref had to allow corners to be taken with the ball about a foot outside the quadrant

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024