Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Workers rights "upgrade" 20:53 - Oct 10 with 2756 viewsSullutaCreturned

bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cy0l19j9jgko
Workers rights "upgrade" on 20:59 - Oct 10 with 1478 viewsWhiterockin

Start work on Monday go sick on Tuesday and get money for six months, it's not as if that's going to get abused.
Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:06 - Oct 10 with 1464 viewsSullutaCreturned

Workers rights "upgrade" on 20:59 - Oct 10 by Whiterockin

Start work on Monday go sick on Tuesday and get money for six months, it's not as if that's going to get abused.

Businesses are concerned apparently. This needs proper thinking through or it could be a disaster. The law of unintended consequences can be a bitch.
Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:13 - Oct 10 with 1443 viewsWhiterockin

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:06 - Oct 10 by SullutaCreturned

Businesses are concerned apparently. This needs proper thinking through or it could be a disaster. The law of unintended consequences can be a bitch.

Unfair dismissal from day one. How will that work with seasonal workers? Start a job for the summer season or Christmas period and when it is over you claim unfair dismissal?
Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:18 - Oct 10 with 1419 viewsFlashberryjack

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:06 - Oct 10 by SullutaCreturned

Angela Rayner has it covered, what could go wrong

Although "zero hour contracts" really needs to be looked at.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:22 - Oct 10 with 1409 viewsWhiterockin

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:18 - Oct 10 by Flashberryjack

Angela Rayner has it covered, what could go wrong

Although "zero hour contracts" really needs to be looked at.

It's good to see you can opt out. Zero hours suit some, Uber drivers as an example.
Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:36 - Oct 10 with 1373 viewsmax936

Workers rights "upgrade" on 20:59 - Oct 10 by Whiterockin

Been off all week with Covid just statutory sick pay for me, it is what it is!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:38 - Oct 10 with 1357 viewsmax936

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:13 - Oct 10 by Whiterockin

Unfair dismissal from day one. How will that work with seasonal workers? Start a job for the summer season or Christmas period and when it is over you claim unfair dismissal?

Those jobs are under conditional terms, due to the short terms of employment.

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:41 - Oct 10 with 1352 viewsWhiterockin

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:36 - Oct 10 by max936

Been off all week with Covid just statutory sick pay for me, it is what it is!

That's not good enough mate, there has to be a balance. Over the years I've had many meetings with ACAS to get a fair balance between employees and the company, you just need a compromise.
Login to get fewer ads

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:48 - Oct 10 with 1313 viewsWhiterockin

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:38 - Oct 10 by max936

Those jobs are under conditional terms, due to the short terms of employment.

You don't need to have a contract in place for two months mate.
Workers rights "upgrade" on 22:07 - Oct 10 with 1283 viewsmax936

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:41 - Oct 10 by Whiterockin

That's not good enough mate, there has to be a balance. Over the years I've had many meetings with ACAS to get a fair balance between employees and the company, you just need a compromise.

Don't know where I caught it, if it was in a customers house then it would come down to my own risk assessment, Ideally I should ask if there's covid onsite, but most people don't test these days, so probably wouldn't know.
I tested because both my lads have got health issues.

Workers rights "upgrade" on 22:08 - Oct 10 with 1280 viewsmax936

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:48 - Oct 10 by Whiterockin

You don't need to have a contract in place for two months mate.

There still has be terms in place.

Workers rights "upgrade" on 22:21 - Oct 10 with 1257 viewsmajorraglan

Workers rights "upgrade" on 21:13 - Oct 10 by Whiterockin

Just give them a fixed term contract for the period required, once that ends they are no longer employed.
Workers rights "upgrade" on 22:29 - Oct 10 with 1250 viewsmajorraglan

We need more meat on the bones. Some of the proposed changes make sense, but as always we need to see the finished document.
Things like fire and rehire need to be seriously looked at, giving someone the right to time off for a bereavement is a positive and allowing sick ay from day 1 could be a positive, BUT that is something that could easily be abused and I’d be inclined to hold off changing that. Maybe the government could strengthen employee rights, but extend probationary periods to give employers more scope to get rid of those who aren’t up to the job. Protect the worker, whilst addressing the shirker!
Workers rights "upgrade" on 22:49 - Oct 10 with 1246 viewsraynor94

It's at least 2 years away, nothing to get excited about yet

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Workers rights "upgrade" on 06:11 - Oct 11 with 1153 viewsWhiterockin

Workers rights "upgrade" on 22:29 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

We need more meat on the bones. Some of the proposed changes make sense, but as always we need to see the finished document.
Things like fire and rehire need to be seriously looked at, giving someone the right to time off for a bereavement is a positive and allowing sick ay from day 1 could be a positive, BUT that is something that could easily be abused and I’d be inclined to hold off changing that. Maybe the government could strengthen employee rights, but extend probationary periods to give employers more scope to get rid of those who aren’t up to the job. Protect the worker, whilst addressing the shirker!

Thats fair but the employer as well as the employee need to be protected.
Workers rights "upgrade" on 09:51 - Oct 11 with 1088 viewsmajorraglan

Workers rights "upgrade" on 06:11 - Oct 11 by Whiterockin

Thats fair but the employer as well as the employee need to be protected.

I totally agree, it has to be a 2 way street hence the comment re shirker.

I’d like to see the legislation cover issues such as we saw with the P&O ferries a few years ago.
Workers rights "upgrade" on 07:09 - Oct 12 with 916 viewssons_of_omri

Workers rights "upgrade" on 22:49 - Oct 10 by raynor94

It's at least 2 years away, nothing to get excited about yet

So youngsters getting the boot from TATA with under two years service - what are their payouts?
Workers rights "upgrade" on 08:45 - Oct 12 with 890 viewsWhiterockin

Workers rights "upgrade" on 07:09 - Oct 12 by sons_of_omri

So youngsters getting the boot from TATA with under two years service - what are their payouts?

The same as anyone of any age in all other forms of employment, nothing. Unless your contract/terms of employment state differently. It is always possible that your employer shows some compassion but it is very rare.
Workers rights "upgrade" on 10:02 - Oct 12 with 847 viewsKilkennyjack

Its good news Shirley …..

Unless you are a Tory …..

Beware of the Risen People

Workers rights "upgrade" on 10:10 - Oct 12 with 839 viewsraynor94

Workers rights "upgrade" on 07:09 - Oct 12 by sons_of_omri

To my knowledge, the minimum is £12,500, plus an attendance related payment of £5,000

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Workers rights "upgrade" on 10:49 - Oct 12 with 810 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Workers rights "upgrade" on 22:29 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

Agree, looks like a recipe for sub contractor growth at present.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Workers rights "upgrade" on 11:07 - Oct 12 with 795 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Workers rights "upgrade" on 10:02 - Oct 12 by Kilkennyjack

Its good news Shirley …..

Unless you are a Tory …..

Unless you are a business trying make a profit with incooperative workers and unions.

At least workers in private companies will have the same rights as public sector employees who are virtually unsackable no matter how badly they perform as per most civil servants.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Workers rights "upgrade" on 11:12 - Oct 12 with 787 viewsGwyn737

Workers rights "upgrade" on 11:07 - Oct 12 by felixstowe_jack

Unless you are a business trying make a profit with incooperative workers and unions.

At least workers in private companies will have the same rights as public sector employees who are virtually unsackable no matter how badly they perform as per most civil servants.

Virtually unsackable?

Not my experience. I’d image all have appraisal and disciplinary policies, HR departments, Codes of Conduct, misconduct and Gross Misconduct red lines etc.

Makes you wonder why we can’t feel these highly paid, gold plated pensioned unsalable positions…
Workers rights "upgrade" on 11:15 - Oct 12 with 783 viewsDr_Winston

Workers rights "upgrade" on 11:12 - Oct 12 by Gwyn737

Virtually unsackable?

Not my experience. I’d image all have appraisal and disciplinary policies, HR departments, Codes of Conduct, misconduct and Gross Misconduct red lines etc.

Makes you wonder why we can’t feel these highly paid, gold plated pensioned unsalable positions…

In my experience most incompetent public sector workers get moved around rather than sacked. Have seen it happen dozens of times, including at managerial level.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Workers rights "upgrade" on 11:19 - Oct 12 with 773 viewsGwyn737

Workers rights "upgrade" on 11:15 - Oct 12 by Dr_Winston

In my experience most incompetent public sector workers get moved around rather than sacked. Have seen it happen dozens of times, including at managerial level.

I’ve no doubt there are some examples of this.

But that’s a long way from all public sector workers being virtually unsackable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024