Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
False 9 anyone? 17:28 - Nov 25 with 5122 viewsHeadington

At least until January. If so who would it be?
False 9 anyone? on 17:32 - Nov 25 with 4125 viewslassel

I really thought Marti would be setting us up like this. As said in the matchday thread, I still think Marti will pull a rabbit out of a hat and keep us up - just, but starting Dykes alone, 25 yards from anyone in support and having Chair wasted out on the left is concerning.
False 9 anyone? on 17:35 - Nov 25 with 4099 viewsNed_Kennedys

Good in theory but there is literally no goals in any of the players: Willock and Chair not showing enough to be trusted there.

In fact for finishing alone you’d probably say Paal would be the best bet.
False 9 anyone? on 17:39 - Nov 25 with 4074 viewsLblock

Aren’t we playing with a false nine already?

Dykes is a proper fake footballer

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

False 9 anyone? on 19:52 - Nov 25 with 3921 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bannerman made a good point earlier: cifuentes had two weeks with most of the squad, but not with Dykes and Armstrong.

With that in mind, it was probably hard for him to work on a new tactic.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

False 9 anyone? on 20:10 - Nov 25 with 3841 viewsHeadington

False 9 anyone? on 19:52 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Bannerman made a good point earlier: cifuentes had two weeks with most of the squad, but not with Dykes and Armstrong.

With that in mind, it was probably hard for him to work on a new tactic.

Yes, agree Brian. Early signs very promising and can see big change in style, though he has little time to turn things around.

Intrigued to know what he plans for January, after a good look at this squad, and working within our very limited resources.
False 9 anyone? on 20:21 - Nov 25 with 3802 viewsjoolsyp

Having a traditional target man in our new style of playing is a bit pointless, although I thought Dykes had an ok first half. I’d imagine that if we can scrape together a few pennies in Jan (and it’s a big if) then someone who can hold the ball up, play others in, press high and play out of tight spaces would be ideal. A bit of pace and the ability to hit the back of the net wouldn’t go amiss either. What’s Gary Bannister doing these days?
False 9 anyone? on 20:27 - Nov 25 with 3778 viewsenfieldargh

Feel like MC is getting his ducks in a row atm.

Passing/posssion has massivley improved in the 2 weeks he's been in charge.

Our crossing is woeful and no focal point up top.

Think we may just stay up. Feel we will see improvements week on week.

Lets hope we can score a goal or 2. Not giving up hope yet

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

False 9 anyone? on 20:32 - Nov 25 with 3758 viewsWhip_It

Nothing would be lost by giving Kelman a few games - we're certainly not going to miss Dykes' goals and assists.
Login to get fewer ads

False 9 anyone? on 20:40 - Nov 25 with 3740 viewsflynnbo

False 9 anyone? on 20:32 - Nov 25 by Whip_It

Nothing would be lost by giving Kelman a few games - we're certainly not going to miss Dykes' goals and assists.

Good lord. If Kelman is the answer, I dread to think what the question is.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 20:44]
False 9 anyone? on 20:46 - Nov 25 with 3718 viewsbaz_qpr

Kolli. is supposed to be false 9 and Willock has previously played there for us under MW
False 9 anyone? on 20:46 - Nov 25 with 3713 viewseastside_r

False 9 anyone? on 20:40 - Nov 25 by flynnbo

Good lord. If Kelman is the answer, I dread to think what the question is.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 20:44]

How late it is ?
False 9 anyone? on 21:03 - Nov 25 with 3648 viewsAndybrat

False 9 anyone? on 20:46 - Nov 25 by baz_qpr

Kolli. is supposed to be false 9 and Willock has previously played there for us under MW

So basically replace Dykes with Smyth, no height no crosses, solves that issue. Illy, Willy and Smyth with a bit of freedom should scare the oppo
False 9 anyone? on 21:07 - Nov 25 with 3634 viewsOakR

I would love to see this.

edit - sorry I thought I quoted baz_qpr's post - yes to Kolli basically
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 22:10]

Poll: Will we stay up?

False 9 anyone? on 21:26 - Nov 25 with 3555 viewslassel

False 9 anyone? on 20:46 - Nov 25 by baz_qpr

Must say it’s a bit weird that Marti so far doesn’t seem to fancy Kolli - not even in the squad again today
False 9 anyone? on 21:38 - Nov 25 with 3515 viewsflynnbo

False 9 anyone? on 21:26 - Nov 25 by lassel

Must say it’s a bit weird that Marti so far doesn’t seem to fancy Kolli - not even in the squad again today

Agree, Kolli definitely has something about him.
False 9 anyone? on 21:45 - Nov 25 with 3491 viewsNed_Kennedys

False 9 anyone? on 21:03 - Nov 25 by Andybrat

So basically replace Dykes with Smyth, no height no crosses, solves that issue. Illy, Willy and Smyth with a bit of freedom should scare the oppo

Think Kolli was injured on international duty?

Would not be averse to giving him more minutes but Chair and Willock have shown nothing to suggest they could be more of an attacking threat than Dykes or Armstrong.
False 9 anyone? on 21:55 - Nov 25 with 3475 viewsQPROslo

False 9 anyone? on 21:26 - Nov 25 by lassel

I've seen nothing from Kolli playing for the 1st team, except chasing after the ball. Looked decent in highlights in Development sides. But he got a knock on his ankle I think playing for Algeria U20, so probably was unavailable today.
False 9 anyone? on 22:10 - Nov 25 with 3408 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Confession time.

I don’t really know what one is.
False 9 anyone? on 22:12 - Nov 25 with 3396 viewsMick_S

False 9 anyone? on 22:10 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Confession time.

Me too. I’d go so far to say that it’s code for bollocks.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

False 9 anyone? on 22:17 - Nov 25 with 3378 viewsbaz_qpr

False 9 anyone? on 22:10 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Confession time.

A false nine is a centre-forward who repeatedly moves towards the ball in deeper positions from a high starting position, often dropping to receive centrally. The main intention is to get on the ball away from the opposition centre-backs – and, in doing so, to draw players out of position and disrupt the defence.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/what-is-a-false-nine-explained-messi-kane-firmin

They basically play as a 10 but starting from the position of a 9 dropping deep but it requires the wide forwards to advance beyond, so for example you might have Kolli playing their and say an Armstrong playing as the wide forward Mbappe style
False 9 anyone? on 22:18 - Nov 25 with 3373 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

False 9 anyone? on 22:17 - Nov 25 by baz_qpr

A false nine is a centre-forward who repeatedly moves towards the ball in deeper positions from a high starting position, often dropping to receive centrally. The main intention is to get on the ball away from the opposition centre-backs – and, in doing so, to draw players out of position and disrupt the defence.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/what-is-a-false-nine-explained-messi-kane-firmin

They basically play as a 10 but starting from the position of a 9 dropping deep but it requires the wide forwards to advance beyond, so for example you might have Kolli playing their and say an Armstrong playing as the wide forward Mbappe style

Cheers.

Like Kevin Gallen used to do thirty years ago?
False 9 anyone? on 22:27 - Nov 25 with 3340 viewsMick_S

False 9 anyone? on 22:18 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Cheers.

Like Kevin Gallen used to do thirty years ago?

Yeah, but he kept scoring. This modern football makes my tits itch.

Midfield to winger. Beats three defenders. Crosses ball and and there’s a goal on a muddy pitch.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

False 9 anyone? on 23:04 - Nov 25 with 3266 viewsted_hendrix

False 9.
Midfield anchor.
Hug the line.
First-time ball.
Box-to-box player.
Game plan.
Playing In the hole.

WTF Is all the above nonsense about EH?

For future training purposes and IMO we should apply and use my uncomplicated Football scientific method as described below In an effort to move up the league table and enjoy the fruits of our labour.

Teds Football scientific method is an empirical method for acquiring knowledge that has characterized the development of football since at least the 17th century (with notable practitioners in previous centuries; see the article history of football methodology for additional detail.) It involves careful observation, applying rigorous skepticism about what is observed, given that cognitive assumptions can distort how one interprets the observation. It involves formulating hypotheses, via induction, based on such observations; the testability of hypotheses, experimental and the measurement-based statistical testing of deductions drawn from the hypotheses; and refinement (or elimination) of the hypotheses based on the experimental findings. These are principles of the Football scientific method, as distinguished from a definitive series of steps applicable to all Football scientific enterprises.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

False 9 anyone? on 23:39 - Nov 25 with 3213 viewsLoyalitat

False 9 anyone? on 22:17 - Nov 25 by baz_qpr

A team that's very adept in playing in this manner is Blackburn. They have Tyrhys Dolan, a very clever footballer, playing at the apex/false nine.

Over the last two months, that formation has yielded them a lot of goals away from home against: ourselves, Norwich and Stoke. As well as winning away at Millwall during the same period. They could be a side to watch for the play-offs should their main forwards: Gallagher and Leonard, regain fitness. Jon Dahl Tomasson is doing an excellent job at Blackburn.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 23:40]
False 9 anyone? on 00:15 - Nov 26 with 3163 viewsMidlands_Ranger

False 9 anyone? on 17:39 - Nov 25 by Lblock

Aren’t we playing with a false nine already?

Dykes is a proper fake footballer

This is pure truth...he's embarrassing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024