Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possession can do one? 08:19 - Sep 3 with 3724 viewsHoopsie

All 8 wins out of the 9 wins this weekend home or away in the championship are by teams having less possessions than their opponents

Bristol City (2-1 away to Swansea) - 39% (4 shots on target to 4)
Sunderland (5-0 home to Southampton) - 31% (9-2)
Huddersfield (2-1 away to WBA) - 38% (4-5)
Preston (2-0 away to Stoke) - 30% (3-1)
Rotherham (2-1 home to Norwich) - 38% (3-5)
Plymouth (3-0 home to Blackburn) - 42% (9-4)
Hull (1-0 away to Leicester) - 35% (4-1)
AND
QPR (2-0 away to Middlesbrough) - 39% (3-9)

Ipswich only team that won with more possession 3-2 v Cardiff at home (55% 7-5 shots)

Possession can do one? It is not just us if you wonder having less possessions in matches. We certainly are not lucky to win. We played well and are competitive. Statistics is a funny game.

It is what you do to the football when you have it that counts

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

Possession can do one? on 15:01 - Sep 3 with 556 viewsnix

‘Everything in moderation including moderation’

I love that saying Brian. I’m going to use that in future!
Possession can do one? on 15:03 - Sep 3 with 547 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Possession can do one? on 15:01 - Sep 3 by nix

‘Everything in moderation including moderation’

I love that saying Brian. I’m going to use that in future!

All yours, Nix!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Possession can do one? on 15:27 - Sep 3 with 523 viewsManinBlack

Possession can do one? on 14:57 - Sep 3 by nix

In a way though it’s better to fly under the radar a bit. When we had that run under Warburton and we kept being on TV I got the impression everyone wanted to beat us and they spent a lot of time leaning how to nullify us. Look out Luton last season, they didn’t get all the razzmatazz and other teams didn’t take them too seriously until they ended up in the play offs and winning. Now I’m not saying we’ll do a Luton but there can be advantages in being lower profile.

Although I agree it’s really annoying when they talk about the opposition more and we actually won!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 14:58]

My complaint is that the commentaries on the Huddersfield and Rotherham wins didn't go down the road of West Brom and Norwich creating more opportunities. Nor did they state Huddersfield and Rotherham were limited creating opportunities. So why do that with us?

Likewise the Beeb bloke stating Southampton deserved their win over us as they bossed possession. If he had been watching he would have seen we had more shots on and off target which matters more than keep ball. Perhaps these commentators can stop giving personal opinions and concentrate on the facts like they do with other clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024