Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? 23:22 - Dec 22 with 11433 viewsunion_jack

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:50 - Dec 23 with 1130 viewsPhil_S

If I'm right in my calculations in 2013 (feel free to check happy to be told I am wrong

We have gained 25 points from 19 home league games in 2013
and 16 points from 16 away league games in 2013
A total of 41 points from 35 games,

During those 12 months we have played Arsenal (twice), Chelsea (once), Manchester United (twice), Manchester City (twice), Liverpool (twice), Everton (twice) and Spurs (twice) - a total of 13 games in which we gained just 3 of those 41 points. Easily arguable that that is not good form but of those 13 games how many realistically would you expect to win? They are great games to win but as this is proving it is not critical if we lose them

Therefore from the remaining 22 games we have gained 38 points at a record of 1.7 points per game - that's no mean record at any level let alone this one.

Would i like to see us win at Chelsea, OT, Etihad etc etc - too bloody right winning at Stamford Bridge, Anfield and the Emirates last season were superb days out but I'd rather we kept up the form we have at the moment that will see us achieve safety sometime around mid March to mid April and winning more points then we drop against the sides that are outside the top 7 in this country.
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:55 - Dec 23 with 1107 viewsJBT95

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:50 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

If I'm right in my calculations in 2013 (feel free to check happy to be told I am wrong

We have gained 25 points from 19 home league games in 2013
and 16 points from 16 away league games in 2013
A total of 41 points from 35 games,

During those 12 months we have played Arsenal (twice), Chelsea (once), Manchester United (twice), Manchester City (twice), Liverpool (twice), Everton (twice) and Spurs (twice) - a total of 13 games in which we gained just 3 of those 41 points. Easily arguable that that is not good form but of those 13 games how many realistically would you expect to win? They are great games to win but as this is proving it is not critical if we lose them

Therefore from the remaining 22 games we have gained 38 points at a record of 1.7 points per game - that's no mean record at any level let alone this one.

Would i like to see us win at Chelsea, OT, Etihad etc etc - too bloody right winning at Stamford Bridge, Anfield and the Emirates last season were superb days out but I'd rather we kept up the form we have at the moment that will see us achieve safety sometime around mid March to mid April and winning more points then we drop against the sides that are outside the top 7 in this country.

Thing is Phil we've played most teams twice in that period, as we play everyone once before New Year and once after each season, barring a few exceptions occasionally (eg played Reading twice before we met Fulham last season). 25 from 18 games may be poor compared to some other teams in 'our' league, they may loose more but they could win more.

We've played 18 games in 2013 at home, not 19.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 14:57]
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:57 - Dec 23 with 1106 viewsmonmouth

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:40 - Dec 23 by JBT95

5 league wins from 18 home games is shockingly bad. There was a time, all under Rodgers, where I went to home games expecting us to win every game even when we got to the Premier League, now I see it if we don't loose it's good and it's against all teams :/
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 14:41]

Well then you must have had a disappointing time because under Brodge we won 8 of our 19 home games that season. Did you expect to win the other 11? Brodge himself said, a lot that if you can't win, it's important not to lose, and that's what we've generally been doing up to yesterday. Also we have more points now than we did under him that season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:57 - Dec 23 with 1105 viewsblaine_scfc

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:43 - Dec 23 by Jackanapes

You expected us to win every league game under Rodgers? Yeah ok. You are going on ignore.

I can see what he is saying. The last two seasons I felt we could give anyone a good game at home, if not beating them, nicking a point, as we did with teams like Man City (We beat and drew), Man Utd (Got a point and lost by the odd goal). Losing to the top teams is understandable, but when the lower sides are coming here putting 11 men behind the ball and coming away with a point or even beating us, as Stoke, West Ham, Hull have done, then it puts pressure on us getting points away from home.
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:59 - Dec 23 with 1095 viewsJBT95

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:57 - Dec 23 by monmouth

Well then you must have had a disappointing time because under Brodge we won 8 of our 19 home games that season. Did you expect to win the other 11? Brodge himself said, a lot that if you can't win, it's important not to lose, and that's what we've generally been doing up to yesterday. Also we have more points now than we did under him that season.

No. We lost 4 games and apart from Newcastle and Everton we were always in the game. Spurs for example we went behind and it felt as if we could get back to 1-1 and we did, now we concede it's a case of how many sometimes.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 15:00]
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:00 - Dec 23 with 1087 viewsDarran

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:46 - Dec 23 by JBT95

No. I went to games expecting us to put in a great performance which would enable us to win. Which we did perform a lot, even if we just fell short so drew or lost narrowly to Man United etc, Hasn't happened since March.

It happened yesterday unless I've gone mad.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:02 - Dec 23 with 1078 viewsPhil_S

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 14:55 - Dec 23 by JBT95

Thing is Phil we've played most teams twice in that period, as we play everyone once before New Year and once after each season, barring a few exceptions occasionally (eg played Reading twice before we met Fulham last season). 25 from 18 games may be poor compared to some other teams in 'our' league, they may loose more but they could win more.

We've played 18 games in 2013 at home, not 19.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 14:57]

Which means we have played 17 away then as we have played 35 in total to date - as I said was happy to say I was wrong but the overall point still stands that we are nowhere near as bad as we are made out to be and nothing - before or after March has suggested we are in the relegation battle that it has been drawn out to be

It doesnt matter what our home record is compared to our away record it is our tally that is important which at 41 points in 35 games equates to 44-45 points in a 38 game season which apparantely is quite good
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:03 - Dec 23 with 1062 viewsPhil_S

I could count on the fingers of one hand how many times we have been truly outclassed in the Premier League and it hasn't happened any more this season then it did last season or the season before.
Login to get fewer ads

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:05 - Dec 23 with 1048 viewsJBT95

I just think the Liberty isn't looked at as a hard place to go any more and more teams are going away with something.
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:07 - Dec 23 with 1045 viewsDarran

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:03 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

I could count on the fingers of one hand how many times we have been truly outclassed in the Premier League and it hasn't happened any more this season then it did last season or the season before.

And me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:08 - Dec 23 with 1038 viewslovejuicejack

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:07 - Dec 23 by Darran

And me.

Yeah because I would much rather be just beaten than outclassed
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 15:17]
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:10 - Dec 23 with 1033 viewsPhil_S

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:05 - Dec 23 by JBT95

I just think the Liberty isn't looked at as a hard place to go any more and more teams are going away with something.

If you were a fan of any of the Top 7 you would realistically expect to come to the Liberty and at least get something out of the game as you would against any side that is outside of the Top 7?

3 sides have won here this season - Arsenal, Everton and Man Utd

4 sides have drawn - Liverpool, Stoke, West Ham and Hull. Realistically we played better than Liverpool, were a shite penalty decision away from beating Stoke and probably under par against West Ham and Hull

We beat Sunderland and Newcastle (Newcastle were and still are one of the league's form teams)

We are probably about 3-4 points down on what we could expect normally I think as realistically we are never going to beat all the teams as some come and just park the bus
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:11 - Dec 23 with 1028 viewsPhil_S

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:08 - Dec 23 by lovejuicejack

Yeah because I would much rather be just beaten than outclassed
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 15:17]

That's not the point. THe point (I thnk) that was being made was that we look less likely to win games this season than the other two but the results we get don't actually seem to show that?
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:19 - Dec 23 with 1014 viewslovejuicejack

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:10 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

If you were a fan of any of the Top 7 you would realistically expect to come to the Liberty and at least get something out of the game as you would against any side that is outside of the Top 7?

3 sides have won here this season - Arsenal, Everton and Man Utd

4 sides have drawn - Liverpool, Stoke, West Ham and Hull. Realistically we played better than Liverpool, were a shite penalty decision away from beating Stoke and probably under par against West Ham and Hull

We beat Sunderland and Newcastle (Newcastle were and still are one of the league's form teams)

We are probably about 3-4 points down on what we could expect normally I think as realistically we are never going to beat all the teams as some come and just park the bus

yeah that is a good point you make.
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:28 - Dec 23 with 1004 views3swan

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:02 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

Which means we have played 17 away then as we have played 35 in total to date - as I said was happy to say I was wrong but the overall point still stands that we are nowhere near as bad as we are made out to be and nothing - before or after March has suggested we are in the relegation battle that it has been drawn out to be

It doesnt matter what our home record is compared to our away record it is our tally that is important which at 41 points in 35 games equates to 44-45 points in a 38 game season which apparantely is quite good

In 2013

Last season

P 18 W4 D6 L8 PTS 18

This season
P 17 W5 D5 L7 PTS 20

Total for 2013

P 35 W9 D11 L15 PTS 38

Which would be 41 for a 38 game season

Good enough to stay up but close? Maybe with 3 teams struggling
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:39 - Dec 23 with 983 viewsmonmouth

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:28 - Dec 23 by 3swan

In 2013

Last season

P 18 W4 D6 L8 PTS 18

This season
P 17 W5 D5 L7 PTS 20

Total for 2013

P 35 W9 D11 L15 PTS 38

The only recent time that anyone went down with around 40 points (Blackpool with 39), the two next to bottom teams at this stage of the season had 19 points! Currently they have 13. Thirty five or thirty six points will be enough this season.

Apart from that, the whole presumption is ridiculous. If you said to any fan of any other team that has played us (except the obvious tw*ts up east) that we were frightened of going down, they would laugh at you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 16:34 - Dec 23 with 955 viewsPhil_S

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 15:28 - Dec 23 by 3swan

In 2013

Last season

P 18 W4 D6 L8 PTS 18

This season
P 17 W5 D5 L7 PTS 20

Total for 2013

P 35 W9 D11 L15 PTS 38

35 points will be enough to stay up this season IMO quite probably less given some of the weak teams in the division

How many was sufficient last season?
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 16:59 - Dec 23 with 937 viewsblaine_scfc

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 16:34 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

35 points will be enough to stay up this season IMO quite probably less given some of the weak teams in the division

That could well be the case Phil, by saying we will not get to 40 points doesn't automatically mean we will go down, but 40 is the target when you want to cement safety.

Wigan went down with 36 points last season.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 16:59]
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 17:07 - Dec 23 with 920 viewsWarwickHunt

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 08:56 - Dec 23 by blaine_scfc

Wave your hands about? What are you on about?

F*ck me, you're thick aye.
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 17:10 - Dec 23 with 917 viewsblaine_scfc

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 17:07 - Dec 23 by WarwickHunt

F*ck me, you're thick aye.

and you are quite simply a tw@

*I have edited a typo, I know your quite strict on that.

PS - I still think your a tw@
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 17:15]
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 17:19 - Dec 23 with 902 viewsI_will_swan_you_up

I like how few appreciate the participation in Europa League.

Sure, it has its share of the - at times - underperforming play and will likely show here in the late December schedule as well but the alternative is to play better and get a 7th position in the PL - possibly 6th (and then it's Europa League over again, this time without any of the signings that play because Michael is here...)

Who the f'uck cares if we end 11th-15th or 7th-10th. Relegation is not a theme and anyone who suggest it is know f'cuk all.

We are doing just fine and are about to meet the mighty Napoli. That's incredible.
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 17:21 - Dec 23 with 899 viewsWarwickHunt

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 17:10 - Dec 23 by blaine_scfc

and you are quite simply a tw@

*I have edited a typo, I know your quite strict on that.

PS - I still think your a tw@
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 17:15]

Gosh, you've cut me to the quick there, Oscar.
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 17:24 - Dec 23 with 889 views3swan

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 16:34 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

Don't know what happened there, but I typed

" Good enough to stay up but close? Maybe with 3 teams struggling I doubt it will be 40 that's needed for safety.
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 17:31 - Dec 23 with 866 viewsPhil_S

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 16:59 - Dec 23 by blaine_scfc

That could well be the case Phil, by saying we will not get to 40 points doesn't automatically mean we will go down, but 40 is the target when you want to cement safety.

Wigan went down with 36 points last season.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 16:59]

I know that bit but in fairness our form is suggesting we will end in the mid 40s anyway so its not even really a discussion point?
Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 18:28 - Dec 23 with 800 viewsbuzzbox

Would You Like To See Laudrup Here Next Season? on 12:17 - Dec 23 by JackFish

Probably because we're in mid table with 7 points more than the teams in the relegation zone with half the season gone.

Yeah, we've got tough games in January, but everyone else still has those teams to play at some point as well. You do realise that after January we've only got a few games left against the top teams, yeah?

Yeah i do realise that after January we have only got a few games against the top teams, i also realise that we have been unable to beat the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Hull at home, anybody who thinks there is not a strong possibility of us struggling to stay up are delusional.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024