Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slade on the Welsh news 18:22 - Dec 10 with 3761 viewsDarran

F*ck my eyes.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Slade on the Welsh news on 21:12 - Dec 11 with 1192 viewsDr_Winston

Slade on the Welsh news on 21:01 - Dec 11 by ItchySphincter

I think it went around that AC/DC looked at him after Bon Scott too. Would've been a perfect match seeing as what they turned into with Brian Johnson.

Sir Nodward would have been a fine choice. Not that I'm against Johnson era AC/DC.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Slade on the Welsh news on 21:12 - Dec 11 with 1192 viewsDarran

Slade on the Welsh news on 21:01 - Dec 11 by ItchySphincter

I think it went around that AC/DC looked at him after Bon Scott too. Would've been a perfect match seeing as what they turned into with Brian Johnson.

AC/DC were looking at Noddy there's a special article in February's Classic Rock mag on AC/DCs 40th anniversary,it also says they were looking at Gary Pickford-Hopkins of Gary & Taff.

Slade on the Welsh news on 21:39 - Dec 11 with 1174 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Whilst we're on the subject of AC/DC, it was great last season at the Liberty when they used to play the intro of Thunderstruck just before kick off, but I was always disappointed when they faded it out just before it really got going. Play the whole bloody song mun !!
Slade on the Welsh news on 21:45 - Dec 11 with 1169 viewsDarran

Anyone remember Dave Hills guitar Super Yob?

Slade on the Welsh news on 22:01 - Dec 11 with 1160 viewsDarran

Here's an AC/DC story you might not have heard,back in the late 70s Cheap Trick took AC/DC under their wing and took them on tour as support,one night Bon went to take a piss and he was standing next to a record company executive,he asked Bon if he was AC or DC?
Bon said "Neither Im the lightening flash in the middle" then he proceeded to kick f*ck out of him.

Slade on the Welsh news on 22:01 - Dec 11 with 1160 viewsItchySphincter

Slade on the Welsh news on 21:12 - Dec 11 by Darran

AC/DC were looking at Noddy there's a special article in February's Classic Rock mag on AC/DCs 40th anniversary,it also says they were looking at Gary Pickford-Hopkins of Gary & Taff.

Not sure if I've heard the Gary story before. I think he did tell us once that he'd jammed with ZZ Top amongst others, not sure I'm remembering that correctly though. I think their original singer was from Carmarthen too.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Slade on the Welsh news on 22:04 - Dec 11 with 1157 viewsDarran

Slade on the Welsh news on 22:01 - Dec 11 by ItchySphincter

Not sure if I've heard the Gary story before. I think he did tell us once that he'd jammed with ZZ Top amongst others, not sure I'm remembering that correctly though. I think their original singer was from Carmarthen too.

Yeah Dave Evans was the original singer from Carmarthen.

The Gary thing is in the latest mag.

Slade on the Welsh news on 09:21 - Dec 12 with 1111 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Saw dave evans last year, very strange seeing this bloke singing early ac/dc songs. He wrote some of the early stuff.
Login to get fewer ads

Slade on the Welsh news on 10:17 - Dec 12 with 1095 viewsblaenaugwentjack

One of the support acts for dave evans that night were swansea band buffalo summer? Played up this way a few times now.
Slade on the Welsh news on 10:24 - Dec 12 with 1093 viewsDarran

Slade on the Welsh news on 10:17 - Dec 12 by blaenaugwentjack

One of the support acts for dave evans that night were swansea band buffalo summer? Played up this way a few times now.

They're from Neath Butt,they played Planetrockstock last week and they've been supporting Duff McKagans be band Walking Papers all over Europe.

Slade on the Welsh news on 10:34 - Dec 12 with 1090 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Slade on the Welsh news on 10:24 - Dec 12 by Darran

They're from Neath Butt,they played Planetrockstock last week and they've been supporting Duff McKagans be band Walking Papers all over Europe.

Oh right, they,ve played the steelhouse up here i think and the steelhouse festival. The mark pontin group plays up here quite reg aswel, nice bloke to.
Slade on the Welsh news on 11:51 - Dec 12 with 1080 viewsDarran

Slade on the Welsh news on 10:34 - Dec 12 by blaenaugwentjack

Oh right, they,ve played the steelhouse up here i think and the steelhouse festival. The mark pontin group plays up here quite reg aswel, nice bloke to.

Heres Duff with Nikki Sixx wearing one of their t-shirts.

Slade on the Welsh news on 13:53 - Dec 12 with 1062 viewsItchySphincter

That's cool for them. Would be better if Nikki Sixx wasn't in the photo but good for them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Slade on the Welsh news on 14:19 - Dec 12 with 1056 viewsDarran

Slade on the Welsh news on 13:53 - Dec 12 by ItchySphincter

That's cool for them. Would be better if Nikki Sixx wasn't in the photo but good for them.

Slade on the Welsh news on 14:20 - Dec 12 with 1054 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone fancy a kipper tie?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Slade on the Welsh news on 22:31 - Dec 13 with 1019 viewsborinifanclub

saw them in the brangwyn when they were a top pop group.....they were ok
Then I saw them in Nutz in mumbles in about 1979....they were fantastic in a small club what a rocking night! A Fantastic version of ten years after's hear me calling started the night and these boys rocked the place to bits.

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Slade on the Welsh news on 14:50 - Dec 14 with 1002 viewsDarran

Slade on the Welsh news on 22:01 - Dec 11 by Darran

Here's an AC/DC story you might not have heard,back in the late 70s Cheap Trick took AC/DC under their wing and took them on tour as support,one night Bon went to take a piss and he was standing next to a record company executive,he asked Bon if he was AC or DC?
Bon said "Neither Im the lightening flash in the middle" then he proceeded to kick f*ck out of him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024