Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS 12:29 - Dec 10 with 3353 viewsgandhiaber

Hate to say it but when Michu plays upfront on his own, we look awful.
1. He is not a striker
2. He goes walkabout looking for the ball
3. Doesn't even look like scoring

Also, why keep Pozuelo on the bench????????????????
MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 12:51 - Dec 10 with 3285 viewsSenhin

Obviously because,

Michu is back and the only one half capable of playing as a striker, so that was that slot chosen for us. Shelvey has been playing really well as an attacking midfielder, so that was that slot chosen for us. Poz really isn't a winger, and comes inside too much crowding everyone out and we were playing against a formation where out and out wingers would have worked, and Dyer and Hernandez played pretty damn well in their last few games...

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 13:02 - Dec 10 with 3245 viewsBrynmill_Jack

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 12:51 - Dec 10 by Senhin

Obviously because,

Michu is back and the only one half capable of playing as a striker, so that was that slot chosen for us. Shelvey has been playing really well as an attacking midfielder, so that was that slot chosen for us. Poz really isn't a winger, and comes inside too much crowding everyone out and we were playing against a formation where out and out wingers would have worked, and Dyer and Hernandez played pretty damn well in their last few games...

I just think in fairness to Michu he is still struggling with his knees. I hope I'm wrong as playing him whilst not right could f*ck his career up

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 13:03 - Dec 10 with 3242 viewsharemscarem

People in here go to conclusions far to easily. It's like everything is black or white. Tiendalli is right now one of the scape goats. People forget the good things he does. The same thing goes for Jonathan DeGuzman and even some of the players that were brilliant last year. I think it it okay to have an opinion, but I just wish that those opinions were a bit more varied.

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 13:04 - Dec 10 with 3238 viewscontroversial_jack

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 12:51 - Dec 10 by Senhin

Obviously because,

Hernandez played well? I must have missed that!
MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 13:05 - Dec 10 with 3237 viewsharemscarem

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 13:02 - Dec 10 by Brynmill_Jack

I just think in fairness to Michu he is still struggling with his knees. I hope I'm wrong as playing him whilst not right could f*ck his career up

This! I also think there was promising efforts from Michu yesterday. He was one of the players that were able to breakthrough their defence, when he made combinations with Pozuelo for instance. He was not bad IMO.

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:46 - Dec 10 with 3153 views2face

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 13:46 - Dec 10 with 3142 viewsperchrockjack

Problem Michu is that there wasn't any service to him,same with Bony .We have nobody who can cross a ball nor take corners effectively.
Nemesis/
Get rid then

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 15:38 - Dec 10 with 3021 viewsMolliemick

Last night Michu blatantly refused to play as a striker. He fussed around in midfield, mostly at walking pace. Looks unfit and disinterested. The worst performance he has made in a Swansea shirt.
Login to get fewer ads

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 15:39 - Dec 10 with 3015 viewsI_will_swan_you_up

I've never seen a forum change so much from one game to another.
MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 15:44 - Dec 10 with 3004 viewsMolliemick

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 15:39 - Dec 10 by I_will_swan_you_up

I've never seen a forum change so much from one game to another.

It is all about performance and commitment by the players. Supporters drool over classy displays and spit on sh*te. That's the way the cookie crumbles.
MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 15:47 - Dec 10 with 2995 viewsSenhin

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 13:04 - Dec 10 by controversial_jack

Hernandez played well? I must have missed that!

So he was bad against City and Newcastle...?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 16:48 - Dec 10 with 2900 viewsgiantstoneater

To get the best out of Michu we have to get the best out of Bony and get the ball out wide and whip in some balls in. I`m always a believer in getting to the line and pulling a ball back by doing this you automatically make defenders turn and this is where Michu and Bony will lose their man.
MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 17:37 - Dec 10 with 2823 viewshammy

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 16:48 - Dec 10 by giantstoneater

To get the best out of Michu we have to get the best out of Bony and get the ball out wide and whip in some balls in. I`m always a believer in getting to the line and pulling a ball back by doing this you automatically make defenders turn and this is where Michu and Bony will lose their man.

Yes, but has to be done at speed. Too often we get into the final third, stop and then pass the ball backwards. We need to more cross the ball into the 6 metre area to test the defence / keeper and give our attacking players a chance. When we have done this recently (e.g., Fulham and Hull) we have reaped the rewards. I think we just need a bit more variety in the final third and play to our strengths (i.e., keep the ball on the ground if Bony is not playing).

I'm really hoping that we can get a good run of form over the next month or two and put any relegation battle behind us.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 17:42 - Dec 10 with 2809 viewsLiam12345

for fck sake why are we massively criticising our best player have a bit of bloody respect he worked his arse off last year.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 17:50 - Dec 10 with 2788 viewsDr_Winston

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 17:42 - Dec 10 by Liam12345

for fck sake why are we massively criticising our best player have a bit of bloody respect he worked his arse off last year.

Does seem to be a somewhat OTT backlash.

Nice to see most people now start to come around to what some of us have been saying for months though. Playing him upfront is a bad idea and Laudrup needs to stop doing it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 17:58 - Dec 10 with 2770 viewsLiam12345

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 17:50 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

Does seem to be a somewhat OTT backlash.

Nice to see most people now start to come around to what some of us have been saying for months though. Playing him upfront is a bad idea and Laudrup needs to stop doing it.

do we think he had much of a choice other than to play him upfront thoguh i think when bony is back then we need to rotate michu and shelvey in games

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 18:01 - Dec 10 with 2765 viewsDr_Winston

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 17:58 - Dec 10 by Liam12345

do we think he had much of a choice other than to play him upfront thoguh i think when bony is back then we need to rotate michu and shelvey in games

Could have stuck with the side that finished the last game.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 18:02 - Dec 10 with 2755 viewsLiam12345

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 18:01 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

Could have stuck with the side that finished the last game.

agreed i thought we would have much more exciting and dangerous.

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 20:07 - Dec 10 with 2647 viewsPlasticman

I find this thread interesting, cause I noticed that whenever they gave Michu the ball, he did what few others on the team did: one touch passes that speed up play.

Also, some of the crosses/passes into the box form the side to him, the ball was played either too far behind him or too far ahead of him compared to his position while he was running towards goal. I think in this case it was really a case of him not getting proper service. Had any of those balls headed to him instead of where they did go, he would have had golden opportunities for a good shot on goal.

As ended up, though, most of the team seemed to have an off day and alot of passing ended up being incredible sloppy.

Plastic since 2012

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 22:09 - Feb 4 with 2357 viewsI_will_swan_you_up

Gone before July at a much lower price..
MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 22:14 - Feb 4 with 2280 viewsPawelAbbott

I don't see where he is going to fit in to the team. Bony is playing well up front and we look too weak in midfield with him there
MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 22:15 - Feb 4 with 2266 viewsJackTheLad

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 22:09 - Feb 4 by I_will_swan_you_up

Gone before July at a much lower price..

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 23:03 - Feb 4 with 2075 viewsI_will_swan_you_up

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 22:15 - Feb 4 by JackTheLad

Instead of that shit you could counter me with something useful.

You know I have point. Like it or not.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 23:04]
MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 23:29 - Feb 4 with 1997 viewsLeonisGod

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 22:14 - Feb 4 by PawelAbbott

I don't see where he is going to fit in to the team. Bony is playing well up front and we look too weak in midfield with him there

Short memory. He was our star man last year valued at £20m. I think we'll find room for him, even if it takes a few games for him to get up to speed.
MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 23:42 - Feb 4 with 1938 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

MICHU IS OUR NEMESIS on 22:14 - Feb 4 by PawelAbbott

You want a player who scored 20+ goals last season, is one of the most natural finishers in the division and who can change games in the drop of the hat to be omitted from the team sheet/sold?

F*cking barking.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 23:43]

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024