Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mobile phone experts....... 10:46 - Oct 22 with 1653 viewsraynor94

Help please, Sony experia or Nokia lumia, what would be your choice? any help appreciated

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mobile phone experts....... on 10:52 - Oct 22 with 1651 viewsDOOM

The Nokia phones are excellent, but don't have the range of apps that you can get for the Sony. Depends how geeky you want to get really. I've seen great reviews of the Lumia phones, but having had a Sony Xperia myself previously I am slightly biased towards that. If you want to download music you can use Amazon and Play Music on the Sony and XBox have a music store for the Lumia. Again, the range of music isn't as vast in the Xbox store.

Hope this helps
Mobile phone experts....... on 10:59 - Oct 22 with 1640 viewsraynor94

Mobile phone experts....... on 10:52 - Oct 22 by DOOM

The Nokia phones are excellent, but don't have the range of apps that you can get for the Sony. Depends how geeky you want to get really. I've seen great reviews of the Lumia phones, but having had a Sony Xperia myself previously I am slightly biased towards that. If you want to download music you can use Amazon and Play Music on the Sony and XBox have a music store for the Lumia. Again, the range of music isn't as vast in the Xbox store.

Hope this helps

Thanks i'm certainly not a geek, this will be my first smart phone i'm a boring old duffer, just want to ue it as a phone and a bit of surfing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mobile phone experts....... on 12:41 - Oct 22 with 1595 viewsPegojack

Can I also get some advice from you experts via this thread?

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2. I got it on a 24 month contract via Phones4U with Vodafone. It cost £50 up front for the phone and £20.95/month for a package of 300 mins, unlimited texts and 250Mb data.

The contract is up in Feb next year.

First off, sorry if this is a stupid question, but when the contract expires, do I own the phone and am I free to sign up with any other service provider? I'm happy with the phone and have hardly begun to discover everything it can do.

Given that the current package serves my needs, although the data allowance is a bit tight, what sort of packages and costs are out there now? My signal at home is poor but I am out in the sticks and all providers struggle in my area. What p*sses me off the most is nil 3G coverage in the Liberty! I can never raise the tinternet to check the half time scores, etc.
Any comments, suggestions, ideas, greatly appreciated.
Mobile phone experts....... on 12:46 - Oct 22 with 1586 viewsDOOM

Mobile phone experts....... on 12:41 - Oct 22 by Pegojack

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2. I got it on a 24 month contract via Phones4U with Vodafone. It cost £50 up front for the phone and £20.95/month for a package of 300 mins, unlimited texts and 250Mb data.

First off, sorry if this is a stupid question, but when the contract expires, do I own the phone and am I free to sign up with any other service provider? I'm happy with the phone and have hardly begun to discover everything it can do.

Given that the current package serves my needs, although the data allowance is a bit tight, what sort of packages and costs are out there now? My signal at home is poor but I am out in the sticks and all providers struggle in my area. What p*sses me off the most is nil 3G coverage in the Liberty! I can never raise the tinternet to check the half time scores, etc.

You can either give the current service provider a months notice where they'll either switch the number off or convert it to a pay as you go number at the contracts end, or stay where you are on a rolling contract (I think - happy to be proved wrong) or renegotiate. The handset is yours. Either Mazuma it for a few quid or keep it and look for a sim only plan - plenty of these about, and because you're not paying for a handset in the monthly cost the price of these are dirt cheap
Mobile phone experts....... on 12:55 - Oct 22 with 1579 viewsPureRockFury

Mobile phone experts....... on 12:41 - Oct 22 by Pegojack

I'm no expert, but yes, your phone will be yours to use and abuse as you wish. To use it with another provider you might need to get it unlocked if it's locked into Vodafone. otherwise other sims won't work.

Your best bet then is a SIM-only deal - the benefits of a contract, but without the cost of the phone. I've got the virgin mobile 'Unlimited VIP tariff' which has unlimited calls, texts and data for £15 a month and it's only a 30 day rolling contract so you can exit pretty easily if you want. You don't have to be a virgin media customer (i'm not).

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html

In terms of the original post, I've got no experience of either phone, so can't really help. At a guess I'd say the Nokia will be more user-friendly to smartphone novices.

Even the bad times were good.

Mobile phone experts....... on 12:56 - Oct 22 with 1576 viewsPegojack

Mobile phone experts....... on 12:46 - Oct 22 by DOOM

You can either give the current service provider a months notice where they'll either switch the number off or convert it to a pay as you go number at the contracts end, or stay where you are on a rolling contract (I think - happy to be proved wrong) or renegotiate. The handset is yours. Either Mazuma it for a few quid or keep it and look for a sim only plan - plenty of these about, and because you're not paying for a handset in the monthly cost the price of these are dirt cheap

I want to keep the number, is that a problem?
Mobile phone experts....... on 12:59 - Oct 22 with 1566 viewsllangyfelach

Mobile phone experts....... on 12:56 - Oct 22 by Pegojack

I want to keep the number, is that a problem?

No mate. Just ask Vodafone for your PUC number if you give them notice so you'll be able to use your number on any network. You may need to get your phone unlocked depending on whether it is "locked" to Vodafone. Won't cost much though

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Mobile phone experts....... on 13:42 - Oct 22 with 1544 viewswr72

i've been looking lately for my boy for Xmas and within a budget found this.Seems ok too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200977399395?ssPageName=
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024