Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU 18:08 - Apr 13 with 6724 viewsArgyBargy1982

The ONE key moment of the season for you. Mine was Mackie's miss at 0-1 against Swans. We never recovered from that defeat
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 18:23 - Apr 15 with 1043 viewsJuzzie

Well, the first game was indeed an eye opener but plenty of time to get it right, plenty of time.

For me, the key moment was losing at Villa. Yet another 6 pointer that we threw away and that has been the story of our two-seasons. All very well beating Chelsea (twice), Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc and drawing against Man City, Spurs, Chelsea etc but when you're struggling for survival our inability to win any of the key 6 pointers has cost us time and time again.

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 18:23 - Apr 15 with 1035 viewssimmo

Agbonlahor goal away at Villa. Changed everything.

If that Bosingwa free kick went in instead of hitting the post and we go in at half time 2-0 up. We would have carried the momentum (and performance in that 1st half which was brilliant) into the Fulham and probably then the Wigan games too. It would have kept Villa down in the mix as well.

As it happened the players slumped to the floor at full time dejected and gutted whilst our rivals got the boost of a come back victory.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 18:24 - Apr 15 with 1026 viewsparker64

Watching the game against Augsburg on the internet. Looked hopeless.
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 18:27 - Apr 15 with 1021 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thatcher dying. Turned the season around.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 18:55 - Apr 15 with 999 viewsBklynRanger

I think for the season as a whole I'd say the moment Park was signed. That was symptomatic of a lack of clear judgement, a lack of realism about how difficult the season ahead would be and what was needed, and putting business spin-offs ahead of focusing properly on the team. It's ok for me to have sat here and said Park should still be able to do a job - the people trusted with the running of our club should have made a better decision on Park and about 10 others.

For events during play I'd say Adel's penalty miss against Norwich - I think it made the downward trajectory a few degrees steeper and faster. If that had gone in I think we'd have still be around the relegation places at this moment but well in with a chance of staying up.
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 19:49 - Apr 15 with 986 viewsHayesender

As I left villa park I just knew that was it

Poll: Shamima Beghum

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 20:06 - Apr 15 with 974 viewsLambourn

Mine was last week when I saw on my accounts and vat bill that I spent fortunes this season watching that shower of shite non triers.
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 20:19 - Apr 15 with 960 viewsHollowayRanger

but is it OUR FAULTS?

did we really allow ourselves to put up with hughes for too long

if we have vented more anger and fury at him surely tony would have acted quicker?

most people thought on paper we had the makings of a great team most talked about top 10

just never happened did it

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 20:40 - Apr 15 with 955 viewsElHoop

I suppose it was Mbia's sending off at Emirates for me.

0-0. Fairly comfortable, not many minutes to go then a completely idiotic red card. Even then their goal was offside so luck and sanity deserted us at the same time. We should have got at least a point and might even have nicked it.

Mbia's card meant he missed Reading at home (drew), Stoke away (lost) and Southampton home (lost). They are games we would have expected to win with Mbia available and following a hard fought point at Arsenal. It was certainly a bad moment.
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 21:05 - Apr 15 with 950 viewswestolian

The "key" moment was getting rid of Warnock

Sorry if its been mentioned

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 21:38 - Apr 15 with 938 viewsqueensparker

It's been a season of the same game every f**king week. Continual let downs with just a glimmer of hope just around the corner. Decent 20 min spells set against 70 mins of bollox, mistakes, carelessness and indiscipline.

Pick any game. All the bloody same. We completely deserve to go down. Brief hope dashed by sh*t defending, lack of effort, idiocy and all from a completely different side every single week. I still have no idea what our best team is as we've made 3/4 changes every single week.

I'm going to nominate the Chelsea win as my key moment of the season as it was literally the only time I actually thought we might do it: the day before going back to work after Xmas, just comprehensively dicked by Liverpool, but Harry was settling in and we humiliated those nobs at their very lowest. It could have been a real springboard. It wasn't, but that was the one real ray of sunshine in my second worst season as a QPR fan in almost 40 years (admin/relegation to Div Two was still the absolute worst)

And gutted that amid all this we're going to lose one of our longest serving players and the best one we've had since Ferdinand (Les). When we signed Taarabt on a new contract I honestly thought we'd get to see one of the greatest players in the world growing into his skin as we got better and better before he ended up winning the Champions League with someone else with our blessing. Instead he'll slink off in the close season to someone in Europe and we'll be left with Bothroyd, Ferdinand (Anton) and SWP poncing about as Millwall or Bournemouth tuck in their third in a Championship relegation six-pointer.

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 21:40 - Apr 15 with 936 viewsqueensparker

Actually, just thought of one. Nelsen leaving. If his knees had held out and he hadn't left, I reckon we'd have been in with a shout.
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 23:47 - Apr 15 with 878 viewsessextaxiboy

Making Park the Captain an hour before the season started .

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 23:53 - Apr 15 with 876 viewsBrightonhoop

Nelsen leaving was massive. Wigan for me. We still had hope with 10 men. 2nd free kick in injury time I just knew it was going in and our campaign was over. Everton confirmed it.
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 10:35 - Apr 16 with 823 viewsEastR

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 19:13 - Apr 13 by westberksr

vs Reading at home; any of the 4 or 5 top class save their keeper made; including the 1 on 1 with Adel with a couple of minutes to go

There was such a build up to this game - this was the chance we were waiting for, relegation fodder at home - finally, we couldn't 'not win'.
On 16mins Kaspers pops up and that was the moment for me when I thought FFS, we really are in big trouble.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 11:21 - Apr 16 with 808 viewscarrotcrunch_R

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 18:11 - Apr 13 by loftboy

Pre-season and Hughes ostracising any player that wasn't in his plans.

This
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 11:50 - Apr 16 with 798 viewsrobith

It really is a case of take your pick, but for me, Zamora missing against Chelsea.

Yeah we'd probably have ended up with Hughes but I think not letting that winless streak getting out of hand, and especially beating Chelsea at home again would've meant we'd have an ok season.
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 12:45 - Apr 16 with 783 viewsHarbour

0-5 Swansea first game.....

by the time we lost in that dreadful home game to Southampton we had left it tool late to get rid of MH and the damage had been done HR done ok since but 4 points on he board for 1/3 of the season is too much to recover from with the wasters MH signed
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 13:36 - Apr 16 with 774 viewsPinnerPaul

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 18:45 - Apr 13 by actonman

Bowswinger hitting the post against villa !

I turned to young acton and said " we're going to pay for that"

Poor fella didn't know what I meant

Yes, that for me as well - 3 wins in a row would surely have built the momentum to have got a lot closer to the safety line.

BUT, we are QPR and we could just as easily have beaten Villa and still lost the next 3!
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 13:45 - Apr 16 with 766 viewsMytch_QPR

The 6-0 hammering we gave Stoke, with Park notching up an unlikely hat trick, followed by the news that Villa and Sunderland were being deducted 12 points for financial irregularities.

It's a time traveller joke.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 14:34 - Apr 16 with 751 viewsfakekerby

Bosingwa smacking the post vs. Villa without doubt.
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 14:40 - Apr 16 with 746 viewsTacticalR

A few people have mentioned Southampton at home. I am not sure the match was a key moment in itself (after all we had already lost at home to both the other newly-promoted teams and demonstrated a complete inability to defend). But it was a key moment in the sense that the emperor had no longer had any clothes.

Air hostess clique

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 16:19 - Apr 16 with 730 viewsKingstan

For me it was Nov4th after watching the 1-1 draw at home to Reading. My 'told you so moment' came with the missed penalty against Norwich.
THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 16:45 - Apr 16 with 724 viewsbosh67

Thinking about it... Losing Nelson.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

THE KEY MOMENT OF THE SEASON FOR YOU on 18:01 - Apr 16 with 698 viewsted_hendrix

Buying a burger outside White Hart Lane.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024