Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 14:32 - Jan 12 with 21596 views442Dale

BBM in for Kennedy

Lillis, Pearson, Edwards, Bennett, McIntyre, Cavanagh, Tutte, BBM, Grant, Grimes, Gornell

Subs. Kennedy, Minihan, Adebola, Donnelly, Putterill, Craney, Smith
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 21:57 - Jan 12 with 1479 viewswmgunit

All year I've thought that we would just play inconsistent, battering ram football with a dodgy defence and finish midtable. Nothing I saw today would change that view.

First half we offered nothing. We were only let off by some abysmal finishing from Dag who missed two sitters. Second half we came out much more positively going forward, but still had gaping holes at the back. The rest played out as you would imagine.

Cav played quite well in the deep sitting central midfield role, less so hen he moved to fullback. Picked out some decent passes.

BBM was fine without ever justifying why he should be in the starting XI.

Match thread on 22:35 - Jan 12 with 1422 viewsSaxonDale

The worst thing about this run is its been all so predictable.
Match thread on 00:39 - Jan 13 with 1358 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 18:19 - Jan 12 by 442Dale

Carlisle was the worst opposition player we came up against last season.

Countdowntvvat.

Hey ...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread on 01:07 - Jan 13 with 1337 views442Dale

Match thread on 00:39 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

Hey ...

Well, if the numbers game cap fits.

Some shocking defending by Carlisle at Chesterfield today. He'd have been perfect.

Match thread on 01:08 - Jan 13 with 1336 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 01:07 - Jan 13 by 442Dale

Well, if the numbers game cap fits.

Some shocking defending by Carlisle at Chesterfield today. He'd have been perfect.

I'll tell him next time I see him on the bury to Rawtenstall Santa Train.

Which will be next Christmas ....... obviously.

Match thread on 08:05 - Jan 13 with 1287 viewsdingdangblue

During the match when Dagenham missed the 1st half chance someone posted - Lillis hesitated, then after Dagenhams equalizer it was posted Lillis was at fault and loads of posts followed slagging him off again - well after watching the football league show all I can say is he was at fault for neither - some of the miss information on here is the worst thing about this board at times. People just posting opinions based on other peoples posts that may or may not be true and hysteria follows. Pathetic at times.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread on 09:32 - Jan 13 with 1247 views442Dale

Any of my posts were reporting what was said by either fans at the match or by BBC Manchester's reporter.

And Lillis should have done better with the first. That's only an opinion though.

Match thread on 09:48 - Jan 13 with 1224 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread on 08:05 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

During the match when Dagenham missed the 1st half chance someone posted - Lillis hesitated, then after Dagenhams equalizer it was posted Lillis was at fault and loads of posts followed slagging him off again - well after watching the football league show all I can say is he was at fault for neither - some of the miss information on here is the worst thing about this board at times. People just posting opinions based on other peoples posts that may or may not be true and hysteria follows. Pathetic at times.

It's not just pathetic - it's dangerous, because people then become careless and get unwittingly drawn into repeating things which aren't true in the first place. It spreads faster than fire and is impossible to stop.

We now have the Sun alleging Bobby Grant made certain remarks, when the player to whom the remarks were made, didn't mention Grant by name. Where has the Sun got its' information ? Probably social media sites, or even this message board.

It's only a matter of time before someone rightly decides to pursue the malicious posters and message board owners, take them to Court and sue the arse off them and close them down.

It's happened already on a smaller scale with twitter users being fined for simply re-tweeting untrue messages. Whether they knew they were untrue is irrelevant.

More cases already await prosecution in the wake of the Jimmy Savile enquiry and others for allegations made about sex abuse in North Wales. The person at the centre of those allegations has already been awarded over £300,000 in damages because he was wrongly named on Twitter and in the press.

Posters on here and social media sites may well be 'anonymous' by user-name but that won't prevent them being identified if they need to be.

Very, very thin ice if the comments are untrue or unsubstantiated.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 09:59 - Jan 13 with 1220 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 08:05 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

At the time of their first goal, I texted to someone that Lillis had made a good save and any criticism of him about the goal was incredibly harsh, especially from a considerable distance away at the other end of the ground. I'll reserve judgement on whether I still think that until I've seen it again on the FLS.

For me, the real questions should be directed at the ease with which the cross came in and the ease with which their two players got in (a) the initial header and (b) the scoring shot.

The board is just an online version of Chinese Whispers and all opinions need to be put in that context or certainly put on the back burner until you've seen the action for yourself.

It's like someone repeatedly posting we are playing with 10 men with Cavanagh irrespective of how he does (He did well yesterday, by the way). Yes, he was poor early in the season, but there have been much poorer performers than him recently.

Indeed, the forward line yesterday was particularly rubbish. Short passes kept going to red shirts, Gornell and Grant were often too close to each other and couldn't make space (the goal excepted), most shots were blocked, Gornell's first touch was usually abysmal and Grimes was anonymous.

Match thread on 15:59 - Jan 13 with 1146 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread on 09:59 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

At the time of their first goal, I texted to someone that Lillis had made a good save and any criticism of him about the goal was incredibly harsh, especially from a considerable distance away at the other end of the ground. I'll reserve judgement on whether I still think that until I've seen it again on the FLS.

For me, the real questions should be directed at the ease with which the cross came in and the ease with which their two players got in (a) the initial header and (b) the scoring shot.

The board is just an online version of Chinese Whispers and all opinions need to be put in that context or certainly put on the back burner until you've seen the action for yourself.

It's like someone repeatedly posting we are playing with 10 men with Cavanagh irrespective of how he does (He did well yesterday, by the way). Yes, he was poor early in the season, but there have been much poorer performers than him recently.

Indeed, the forward line yesterday was particularly rubbish. Short passes kept going to red shirts, Gornell and Grant were often too close to each other and couldn't make space (the goal excepted), most shots were blocked, Gornell's first touch was usually abysmal and Grimes was anonymous.

Cav was at fault for the 2nd goal according to some on this match thread!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread on 16:20 - Jan 13 with 1127 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 15:59 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

Cav was at fault for the 2nd goal according to some on this match thread!

I need to see the goals back again before deciding on that, but in midfield, where he played until Pearson went off, he had a good game.

Match thread on 16:41 - Jan 13 with 1105 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread on 16:20 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

I need to see the goals back again before deciding on that, but in midfield, where he played until Pearson went off, he had a good game.

No need - it was posted on here so it must be true

Match thread on 16:54 - Jan 13 with 1092 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 16:41 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

OK.

Match thread on 16:56 - Jan 13 with 1083 views442Dale

Match thread on 16:41 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

We might as well abandon the match threads if people can't have opinions based on reports from Daleplayer/sky/radio/others at the game.

Match thread on 16:59 - Jan 13 with 1067 viewsYouTubeDale

Match thread on 16:20 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

I think the footage needs to be longer to make further judgement. But the comment from Stuart Ashworth at the time was that it was Cav's fault - his poor pass into the back of Kennedy which led to the goal.

But for the first goal we are simply not marking attackers in central positions. If Agogo would have been tightly marked then we could possibly have drawn the game. Last week against Wimbledon their man wasn't picked up in a central position and scored the winner. Perhaps the worst was Billy Kee against Burton, a prolific goalscorer left all on his lonesome in the centre of the goal just needing a tap in for the winner.

Mark the player NOT thin air. PLAYERS score goals, thin air doesn't !!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match thread on 18:47 - Jan 13 with 1001 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread on 16:56 - Jan 13 by 442Dale

We might as well abandon the match threads if people can't have opinions based on reports from Daleplayer/sky/radio/others at the game.

If Lillis is at fault for that 1st goal then maybe we should.

Match thread on 18:50 - Jan 13 with 995 views442Dale

Match thread on 18:47 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

If Lillis is at fault for that 1st goal then maybe we should.

He should have done better.

Match thread on 19:02 - Jan 13 with 980 viewsNotEyreClue

Match thread on 18:50 - Jan 13 by 442Dale

I have to agree...at the time I felt like he could have parried it out of the way of the oncoming player.

The passing from our front three yesterday was horrendous at times, the amount of times we gave the ball away was simply laughable.

It's becoming very apparent too that positionally our defence just isn't good enough. Aerially, Bennett won the majority and we all know that Phil Edwards is good in the air considering his size. However when it comes to playing the ball through the middle, our defence is so easily stretched. Regardless of who gave the ball away for the second goal, the defending that led to the chance was schoolboy at best. This was very much R.Edwards problem as well, he was fantastic in the air because of his size but just couldn't read the game to save his life. Experience is absolutey crucial when it comes the meat and drink of defending and I'm gobsmacked that we haven't addressed with with new additions at this stage.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Match thread on 19:14 - Jan 13 with 958 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread on 18:50 - Jan 13 by 442Dale

He's just going to have to practice his 1 handed catching from point blank range headers.

Match thread on 19:24 - Jan 13 with 947 views442Dale

Match thread on 19:14 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

He's just going to have to practice his 1 handed catching from point blank range headers.

Or not palming it into the danger area. Also known as samrusselling it.

I like Lillis as a keeper, but through no fault if his own he's remained in the side for far too long as we continually concede goals.

Match thread on 19:55 - Jan 13 with 924 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread on 19:24 - Jan 13 by 442Dale

Or not palming it into the danger area. Also known as samrusselling it.

I like Lillis as a keeper, but through no fault if his own he's remained in the side for far too long as we continually concede goals.

And yes I am as critical as anyone on here if he has fooked up but I can't for the life of me see what else he was supposed to have done other than fluked it Gordon banksesque and somehow diverted it over the bar. From his standing position with the ball headed to his right he could only possibly push it back into the crowded box.

Match thread on 20:06 - Jan 13 with 902 viewsD_Dale

Match thread on 19:55 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

And yes I am as critical as anyone on here if he has fooked up but I can't for the life of me see what else he was supposed to have done other than fluked it Gordon banksesque and somehow diverted it over the bar. From his standing position with the ball headed to his right he could only possibly push it back into the crowded box.

Having looked at the highlights - http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/263573/video - a couple of times, I don't think Lillis could have done more. Also, the Grimes offside looks very tight. Had that gone in, along with Tutte's goal, Dale might have won 2-0, the Grant-Hoyte (alleged) exchange would not have happened, and we'd all be hoping the team was back on track for a play-off push ....
Match thread on 20:24 - Jan 13 with 883 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread on 20:06 - Jan 13 by D_Dale

Having looked at the highlights - http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/263573/video - a couple of times, I don't think Lillis could have done more. Also, the Grimes offside looks very tight. Had that gone in, along with Tutte's goal, Dale might have won 2-0, the Grant-Hoyte (alleged) exchange would not have happened, and we'd all be hoping the team was back on track for a play-off push ....

I've just watched it back around 5 times from BBC highlights and seriously Lillis does fantastic to stop the downward header going past him initially. Its practically under his hand and he manages to get fingertips on it.

Match thread on 20:42 - Jan 13 with 870 viewsfermin

Match thread on 20:24 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

I've just watched it back around 5 times from BBC highlights and seriously Lillis does fantastic to stop the downward header going past him initially. Its practically under his hand and he manages to get fingertips on it.

I don't think you can blame Lillis for the first goal. It was a good save, but he needed his defenders to help him out. You could say the same about our goal - good save from the keeper but we reacted better and Tutte was left unmarked to score.
Match thread on 20:46 - Jan 13 with 851 views442Dale

Match thread on 20:42 - Jan 13 by fermin

I don't think you can blame Lillis for the first goal. It was a good save, but he needed his defenders to help him out. You could say the same about our goal - good save from the keeper but we reacted better and Tutte was left unmarked to score.

But he pushed it out wide to Grant who couldn't score himself. All about opinions, which was my point when saying how people interpret reports from games.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024