Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flicker takes Caretaker role 12:27 - Dec 30 with 1835 viewschuckleberry

Interesting:

http://www.barnsley-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/flicker_to_lead_reds_at_posh_775995/inde
Flicker takes Caretaker role on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 1811 views442Dale

This is his 'Grimsby game'. When Dale went to Grimsby, Andy Ritchie was on GMR having obviously spoken about taking over after Parkin - Dale won 4-0 on the back of beating Boston by the same score, the rest is history.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 12:41 - Dec 30 with 1769 viewsRAFCBLUE

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 12:33 - Dec 30 by 442Dale

This is his 'Grimsby game'. When Dale went to Grimsby, Andy Ritchie was on GMR having obviously spoken about taking over after Parkin - Dale won 4-0 on the back of beating Boston by the same score, the rest is history.

Must win as well - a draw or defeat will see Barnsley consigned to being more than four points adrift of safety and of their closest relegation rivals.

Part of me thinks that they are waiting to see what tomorrow brings them before trying to appoint. Established Championship managers like O'Driscoll and Brown will want assurances and money in the January transfer window, which might be pointless if they lose tomorrow.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 15:13 - Dec 30 with 1589 views442Dale

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 12:41 - Dec 30 by RAFCBLUE

Must win as well - a draw or defeat will see Barnsley consigned to being more than four points adrift of safety and of their closest relegation rivals.

Part of me thinks that they are waiting to see what tomorrow brings them before trying to appoint. Established Championship managers like O'Driscoll and Brown will want assurances and money in the January transfer window, which might be pointless if they lose tomorrow.

If I was a Barnsley fan, I'd want assurances too... That Phil Brown won't get within 10 miles of Oakwell.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 16:29 - Dec 30 with 1495 viewssweetcorn

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 12:33 - Dec 30 by 442Dale

Cannot see flicker landing the job, even if he won his next 2 or 3. Personally think O'Driscoll will be in the barnsley hotseat after their next game.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 16:34 - Dec 30 with 1480 viewschuckleberry

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 16:29 - Dec 30 by sweetcorn

Cannot see flicker landing the job, even if he won his next 2 or 3. Personally think O'Driscoll will be in the barnsley hotseat after their next game.

O'Driscoll seems to be a popular choice at Oakwell.
Flicker takes Caretaker role on 16:36 - Dec 30 with 1471 viewssweetcorn

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 16:34 - Dec 30 by chuckleberry

O'Driscoll seems to be a popular choice at Oakwell.

To me it looks like Hill's sacking has been sped up as a result of O'Driscoll's at Notts Forrest. Maybe thats just paranoia?

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 16:37 - Dec 30 with 1456 viewsSalwaDale

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 16:36 - Dec 30 by sweetcorn

To me it looks like Hill's sacking has been sped up as a result of O'Driscoll's at Notts Forrest. Maybe thats just paranoia?

Maybe but he's been clinging on a bit recently and dropping to bottom probably meant they had to act.

TBBT

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 16:40 - Dec 30 with 1436 viewssweetcorn

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 16:37 - Dec 30 by SalwaDale

Maybe but he's been clinging on a bit recently and dropping to bottom probably meant they had to act.

Yeah I know what you're saying and yesterday was a shocking result for them, but it all seems to fit.

Login to get fewer ads

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 17:18 - Dec 30 with 1372 viewsthebackrowhero

I'M thinking because only Hill has been sacked Flicker still has a contract at the min so if he walks with Hill he wont get a pay off. If the new manager comes in and doesnt want him then the pay off will come!! just a thought
Flicker takes Caretaker role on 17:31 - Dec 30 with 1319 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Flicker takes Caretaker role on 17:18 - Dec 30 by thebackrowhero

I'M thinking because only Hill has been sacked Flicker still has a contract at the min so if he walks with Hill he wont get a pay off. If the new manager comes in and doesnt want him then the pay off will come!! just a thought

I am sure this has been done with KH blessing as he feals a sense of responsibility to Flicker, should he ultimately find himself out of work as well.

It will be interesting to see if they ever work together again, as now seams the right time for Flicker to look to be a manager in his own right,

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024