Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My meeting with Coleman 16:34 - Dec 17 with 9041 viewsRAFC1907

He believes he will get things right, you can tell he is'nt happy with the league position.

He is very keen and passionate about the football club, he understands frustrations, he wants the club to be successful, and is doing his utmost to deliver.

He said players are not happy with themselves.

He said he is finding out who mighty scouse is and the player/staff member will be gone from the club.

Rumours about the £20 and off you go training session got out of hand, Salford was flooded, they did gym work early in the morning, they usually would have done it in the afternoon and due to this he said if the players got together £200 they could go home, the money goes into the pot for xmas party.

Cavanagh is a scapegoat and if he makes 20 good passes nobody moans, but once a bad one is made thats it.

He admits the defence is a little light and he has put too much on the younger lads shoulders.

When asked about wingers he said it worked against Bristol Rovers but the best team in the world dont use them.

He seemed a decent bloke, well interested in football and was honest.

Id say about 25 people turned up.

Poll: Bottomley...

My meeting with Coleman on 18:00 - Dec 17 with 1554 viewsColDale

My meeting with Coleman on 17:47 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

Yes,i raised the issue of discipline both on and off the field with the manager and he stated we are not one of the worst in the league for on the field behaviour and that was the way other teams play so we shouldnt be singled out.

I brought up the off field rumours which Coleman suggested where all untrue apart from a fight in the dressing room after the last home match. I stated that information could only have come from within the dressing room or a member of staff and Coleman acknowledged that fact and agreed there is somebody who has it in for him.

The manager also expressed his anger at discussions on the forum and posts regarding his own personal behaviour. He mentioned in particular the supposed incident when he was supposed to turn up at training last season drunk, he suggested that he was close to taking legal action and stated that if it continued he would look at having the forum closed down.

Coleman stated that those type of rumours which he emphasised were not true could have a severe impact on his managerial career. I have to agree, i think we all have to think a bit before posting such allegations. He also denied the banning from hotels, bookies etc incidents. Regarding the fight in the dressing room he correctly stated it happens in every changing room in the country from time to time.

I wasnt going to post regarding my meeting but feel i have to give the managers version of events to balance things up.

the issue with the discipline isn't whether we are worse than any other team, it's about the effect it has had on us and how preventable it is. By the time Gornell finishes his ban, we'll have had roughly half the games where a suspension has had an impact on the starting line up, and we've got another couple of players tinkering on the brink of a one match ban. No team is ever going to go a season without picking up yellow cards etc but cards for kicking out, arguing with the referee, unnecessary lunges are easily preventable and the team need to be lead in such a way that they realise they have a collective responsibility and any suspension has an impact on the team.

Its singling Gornell out, but reckon he'd have had more impact than Donnelly and Adebola did on Saturday as he has shown he has something about him. He could have been the difference between us going 3-3 on Saturday rather than 4-2.
My meeting with Coleman on 18:07 - Dec 17 with 1509 viewsRalphs12

Cheers to everyone who went down and has chosen to share opinions on the meetings. Hope this can allow us to get back together and put this crappy run behind us.
My meeting with Coleman on 18:09 - Dec 17 with 1499 viewssweetcorn

My meeting with Coleman on 17:35 - Dec 17 by Nerazzurri

I too have just got back from meeting the manager. I will echo the sentiments regarding his passion and enthusiasm for the game. I took a slightly different route and left most of the questions about wingers, mightyscouse etc for others to deal with.

On width he did mention that Barcelona don't use wingers but not as a way of justifying us not using them. He has no problem playing 442 but it can be too easy for the other team to put an extra man in midfield and swamp it. We started with the same system against York as we did against Bristol Rovers and exactly that happened but he should have made changes sooner. He wants us to play with width and movement and feels we do it quite well when Grant and Putterill are on song. He gets frustrated when we start lumping it long and said that football on the floor is the only way to go. The instructions are certainly not to play long ball.

We talked about sports science and he absolutely does believe in it. He spent an afternoon a few weeks back giving a talk at John Moores university to a load of sports scientists. When he joined we had prozone and all sorts of stuff but the budget isn't there this season so it had to go. It's a pain in the arse for him because he has to manually go through the videos himself now which takes hours. Prozone is roughly the cost of a player.

Overall I was very pleased with what I got out of it. There were no restrictions on what I could ask, it was just me and Coleman in a room having a chat and at no point did I feel rushed to finish and get out either. Fair play to him for sitting there listening to us lot all afternoon!

My meeting with Coleman was very much in the same vein as this one.

One of the things that did jump out to me is that it's likely bennett could be in for a dropping, he highlighted how he hasn't been playing well recently and also accepted that Phil Edwards will now be playing at the centre back position and only played him around the defence to try and shuffle the pack and maybe provide some strength in the defence. He said if he can get Edwards playing to his full, he'll be our best defender and one of the best in the league.

Said that if Grimes or Kennedy didn't accept terms of a new contract and an offer comes in, the clubs hand may be forced as they can't afford to let the contracts run and them leave on a free.

Started with 4-4-2 for the last 2 games, but the midfield was overrun almost instantly and his hand was forced to match them.

Also said that we are making too many individual mistakes and gave a walkthrough of the last 9 goals, where at least 5 players have made mistakes and that if just one of them hadn't, it's likely the move would have broken down.

We're in the market for at least one centre half and a right back, but admits its going to be difficult as all the north west teams will be competing for the same talent pool, the likes of fleetwood, accrington, bury, us, oldham, bradford, etc. and the only team we can outbid realistically are accrington (and bury cause they're skint).

Also spoke about the likes of craney and bbm. Said that even if he did move them on it wouldn't realistically raise much funds for a player, he said the likes are on 'buttons' as he put it and that we wont get more experienced players at this level who are good for the changing rooms and can still do a job on the pitch, he said he wishes he'd started craney on saturday as he'd trained well and had a good game midweek behind closed doors.

Said the 'job for the boys' is nonsense, as he wouldn't risk his job providing 'jobs for the boys'

Overall, My confidence in JC is still high and wouldn't really want anyone in his place, he has a great knowledge of the game and this league, speaks sense and has a real passion for the club. Can't realistically think of a better manager whos available to us.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

My meeting with Coleman on 18:21 - Dec 17 with 1438 viewsTalkingSutty

My meeting with Coleman on 18:00 - Dec 17 by ColDale

the issue with the discipline isn't whether we are worse than any other team, it's about the effect it has had on us and how preventable it is. By the time Gornell finishes his ban, we'll have had roughly half the games where a suspension has had an impact on the starting line up, and we've got another couple of players tinkering on the brink of a one match ban. No team is ever going to go a season without picking up yellow cards etc but cards for kicking out, arguing with the referee, unnecessary lunges are easily preventable and the team need to be lead in such a way that they realise they have a collective responsibility and any suspension has an impact on the team.

Its singling Gornell out, but reckon he'd have had more impact than Donnelly and Adebola did on Saturday as he has shown he has something about him. He could have been the difference between us going 3-3 on Saturday rather than 4-2.

Your thoughts are the same as i conveyed to the manager but he didnt seem to suggest we had a on field discipline problem. He explained Currans sending off was due to over exuberance and Gornall reacted to a slap on him first, although he shouldnt have done.
My meeting with Coleman on 18:23 - Dec 17 with 1430 viewsThe_DJ

Don't doubt the man's passion but it appears that nothing will change in terms of how we play.
Fans will continue to vote with their feet unless the players start performing for the club and THEIR manager.

Communication always helps difficult situations and this must continue in some format, perhaps a Forum in January where more people can try and understand the Managers vision might be a way forward ,but that opens the door for difficult questions to other people within the club.
They may be less willing to face the music...............
My meeting with Coleman on 18:25 - Dec 17 with 1413 viewsDaley_Lama

Regarding TalkingSutty's discussion about posts on here about behind the scenes, scraps, fall outs, bans, legal action, site closure etc.

I don't think there has ever been any such posts on here prior to JC's appointment.

Equally, I think that when these have been brought to this message board they have been by new users, followed by a feeding frenzy from the regulars.

JC is not to know this of course but a cursory look at the number of posts made by posters is normally a good indicator as to whether they are a regular or somebody with an axe to grind.

Poll: DF in or out

My meeting with Coleman on 18:36 - Dec 17 with 1375 viewsColDale

My meeting with Coleman on 18:25 - Dec 17 by Daley_Lama

Regarding TalkingSutty's discussion about posts on here about behind the scenes, scraps, fall outs, bans, legal action, site closure etc.

I don't think there has ever been any such posts on here prior to JC's appointment.

Equally, I think that when these have been brought to this message board they have been by new users, followed by a feeding frenzy from the regulars.

JC is not to know this of course but a cursory look at the number of posts made by posters is normally a good indicator as to whether they are a regular or somebody with an axe to grind.

they started last December / early January when Beech was given the caretaker position, where Beech and Ellis were the victims of someone mistelling a story that had gone on at the club. For the previous 13 years, there had been nothing like this at all.

My meeting with Coleman on 18:38 - Dec 17 with 1363 viewsTalkingSutty

My meeting with Coleman on 18:25 - Dec 17 by Daley_Lama

Great point. I think we are all a bit guilty of jumping onto any such threads and lets face it we all love a bit of juicy gossip.

What happened in the dark ages before tinternet was around ? I suppose any untoward behaviour/events would just remain within the club, these days with Tweeting etc its like being a member of the squad !!
Login to get fewer ads

My meeting with Coleman on 18:40 - Dec 17 with 1338 viewsDaley_Lama

My meeting with Coleman on 18:36 - Dec 17 by ColDale

they started last December / early January when Beech was given the caretaker position, where Beech and Ellis were the victims of someone mistelling a story that had gone on at the club. For the previous 13 years, there had been nothing like this at all.

Kind of my point where I was aiming but wasn't sure exactly when it started, it's a very recent phenonemon and not one I particularily like.

I still maintain there should be a test before people should be allowed to use the internet. It used to be the preserve of the geeky, intelligent and rich, now every bleeder uses it.

Poll: DF in or out

My meeting with Coleman on 18:42 - Dec 17 with 1330 viewsNinco

Did anyone mention budgets? I keep hearing fans at the ground saying that they need to spend the money they got from selling players. I personally think it will have gone by now because of the lower gates etc, but I just wondered if the club had a view on why it was never invested in the squad.
My meeting with Coleman on 18:45 - Dec 17 with 1304 viewsNinco

My meeting with Coleman on 18:38 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

Great point. I think we are all a bit guilty of jumping onto any such threads and lets face it we all love a bit of juicy gossip.

What happened in the dark ages before tinternet was around ? I suppose any untoward behaviour/events would just remain within the club, these days with Tweeting etc its like being a member of the squad !!

Without the internet, the Manchester Evening News would have something worthwhile to report. A lot of their current stories seem to be non events like bus drivers not letting little old ladies on the bus. I think that's because we are in an age where we get news straight away and by the time the papers are published, it's old news.
My meeting with Coleman on 18:46 - Dec 17 with 1289 viewssweetcorn

My meeting with Coleman on 18:42 - Dec 17 by Ninco

Did anyone mention budgets? I keep hearing fans at the ground saying that they need to spend the money they got from selling players. I personally think it will have gone by now because of the lower gates etc, but I just wondered if the club had a view on why it was never invested in the squad.

Coleman said we don't really have a budget to spend and players will need to be moved on. Said the budget isn't THAT much bigger than accy's, but accepts that we are a much better club in terms of infrastructure, but said accy are more of a non-league club punching way above its weight.

My meeting with Coleman on 18:53 - Dec 17 with 1263 viewsNinco

My meeting with Coleman on 18:46 - Dec 17 by sweetcorn

Coleman said we don't really have a budget to spend and players will need to be moved on. Said the budget isn't THAT much bigger than accy's, but accepts that we are a much better club in terms of infrastructure, but said accy are more of a non-league club punching way above its weight.

OK thanks. Did he say if he had any regrets over leaving Accrington?
My meeting with Coleman on 18:54 - Dec 17 with 1260 viewsColDale

My meeting with Coleman on 18:40 - Dec 17 by Daley_Lama

Kind of my point where I was aiming but wasn't sure exactly when it started, it's a very recent phenonemon and not one I particularily like.

I still maintain there should be a test before people should be allowed to use the internet. It used to be the preserve of the geeky, intelligent and rich, now every bleeder uses it.

question for me has always been what is the motive for posting the rumours. I don't any of them have had the whiff of a disgruntled player, and had that been the case, surely, the reporting would have been more accurate. No one has gained from any of the "leaks", so that would suggest it is either personal about Coleman or its an attempt to destabalise the club.The leaks of April in the run up to a game which led to our relegation clearly suggests that the long term good of the club is not the motive.
My meeting with Coleman on 18:56 - Dec 17 with 1249 viewssweetcorn

My meeting with Coleman on 18:53 - Dec 17 by Ninco

OK thanks. Did he say if he had any regrets over leaving Accrington?

Passingly mentioned that he had a 'job for life' at accrington, but wanted to better himself.

My meeting with Coleman on 19:02 - Dec 17 with 1213 viewssweetcorn

My meeting with Coleman on 18:56 - Dec 17 by sweetcorn

Passingly mentioned that he had a 'job for life' at accrington, but wanted to better himself.

He also said that we probably have the 6th worst budget in the league, but both him and jimmy (who was present in the waiting room) didn't want to use that as an excuse as he still feels they can deliver results on that budget.

My meeting with Coleman on 19:04 - Dec 17 with 1200 viewsNinco

My meeting with Coleman on 18:40 - Dec 17 by Daley_Lama

If they had a test before being able to use the internet, half the people currently in employment probably wouldn't have a job. I work with people who have been doing the same job since before the internet was founded, and although they are good at their job, they simply can't work a computer and even basic things like saving a file seem really hard to them.
My meeting with Coleman on 19:04 - Dec 17 with 1200 viewsBlueDutch

I would have been very suprised had the first five lines been any different. He told you what he thought you wanted to hear.
Cavanagh hasn't yet made 20 good passes of note. Against York 6 of his first 7 went to the opposition, and his 2nd tackle came around the 85th minute. I am begining to feel sorry for him, he is so out of his depth. Why Coleman rates him beggars belief. We are in for a long and miserable season.
Our defence is a "little light"? If so why get another forward in on loan, one that misses half his games through suspension.
I dare not say anything about his wingers remark.
Being decent, honest and interested in football doesn't make a good manager, ask Mr Eyre.
I expect this little stunt will have appeased some and will keep his job for another month.
I am sure if 'mighty scouse' turns out to be Bobby Grant, we can start looking up Holker Street and Moss Rose again.

upthedale.nl

My meeting with Coleman on 19:14 - Dec 17 with 1158 viewsmizfit

My meeting with Coleman on 19:04 - Dec 17 by BlueDutch

I would have been very suprised had the first five lines been any different. He told you what he thought you wanted to hear.
Cavanagh hasn't yet made 20 good passes of note. Against York 6 of his first 7 went to the opposition, and his 2nd tackle came around the 85th minute. I am begining to feel sorry for him, he is so out of his depth. Why Coleman rates him beggars belief. We are in for a long and miserable season.
Our defence is a "little light"? If so why get another forward in on loan, one that misses half his games through suspension.
Being decent, honest and interested in football doesn't make a good manager, ask Mr Eyre.
I expect this little stunt will have appeased some and will keep his job for another month.
I am sure if 'mighty scouse' turns out to be Bobby Grant, we can start looking up Holker Street and Moss Rose again.

Least Coleman has proven himself before unlike mr eyre
Try being a supporter rather than a pessimist who's just bashing anything n everything
My meeting with Coleman on 19:15 - Dec 17 with 1152 viewsmizfit

My meeting with Coleman on 19:04 - Dec 17 by BlueDutch

Also was there any chance of you being positive about today and JC or was your outlook decided before anyone mentioned their meeting
My meeting with Coleman on 19:23 - Dec 17 with 1124 viewsNinco

My meeting with Coleman on 19:14 - Dec 17 by mizfit

Least Coleman has proven himself before unlike mr eyre
Try being a supporter rather than a pessimist who's just bashing anything n everything

Totally agree. Nobody wants to see their club struggling, but we need to make the most of the situation. No matter where you sit or stand, there will always be a moaner within earshot who is constantly having a go at the players and the managers. Like most people, I go to the match to try and have an enjoyable afternoon out, and if I wanted to listen to moaning for 2 hours, I would stay at work and listen to customers moaning. I certainly don't want to pay £20 so some miserable git can depress me for two hours.

Lets at least try and get behind the players some of the time, and not constantly moan at them for the duration of the game. It can't benefit the game and it can't benefit the club if people are staying away because it's no longer the friendly enjoyable place it used to be. You'd be surprised how negativity rubs off on to the people around you and puts them in a bad mood.
My meeting with Coleman on 19:32 - Dec 17 with 1091 viewsBlueDutch

My meeting with Coleman on 19:15 - Dec 17 by mizfit

Also was there any chance of you being positive about today and JC or was your outlook decided before anyone mentioned their meeting

Coleman has proved himself to be a moderate league 2 manager in the past, nothing more nothing less. Today was a desperate act of a desperate man in my opinion.
Nothing would please me more than to be proved wrong, but until he learns from his mistakes, he won't get an improvement by playing the same players in the same positions week after week.

upthedale.nl

My meeting with Coleman on 19:34 - Dec 17 with 1073 viewspioneer

Bottom line, actions speak louder than words so all his pleasant posturing mean nothing if we are 3-0 down at half time on Friday.

Amazed that Managers actually read message boards - have they nothing better to do with their time - is life in Dubai that boring?

Until recently we had a great away record but couldnt win at home - same players so who is to blame. More recently same players cannot play at home or away. What does that suggest - someone lost the dressing room?

Comments on certain midfielders who are out of contract in the summer are ominous - goodbye to our only capable midfielders - hello scousers and accrington misfits.

Goalkeeper has been making howlers since the preseason games but his place is guaranteed every week.

Not sure why anything about what has been posted on this thread should excite or reassure any of us. All sounds like second hand car salesmen stuff - trust me!

Lets HOPE we can pick up points in a non too easy Xmas and NY schedule.
My meeting with Coleman on 19:41 - Dec 17 with 1042 viewsmizfit

If people wanna moan don't do it during the game it's completely counter productive
What we need to do now is support the team for 90 mins and try turn this dip in form around as I genuinely feel we have a squad more than capable of making that top 7 as we have already demonstrated that with some fantastic performances this year and have on paper a good squad for this level
If you have issues you should have made the time and effort to go today or even try make contact with the club to air your grievances
My meeting with Coleman on 19:52 - Dec 17 with 997 viewsBobbyjoe

So, we've established he's a decent bloke trying to do his best in difficult circumstances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024