Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staying Up 09:21 - Dec 2 with 3737 viewsdaveB

it look pretty bleak but i feel a bit more confident about our chances of staying up after yesterday, i thought we were very good until Diakite went off, only one side was going to win it but the enforced changes meant we lost the balance in midfield and the planned change to put on a fresh Cisse for 20 minutes at the end was gone.

I think Redknapp will have learnt a lot about some of our players in the last half an hour and will make the changes needed. It's going to be tough but I do think we'll get out of this now.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Staying Up on 18:17 - Dec 2 with 1017 viewstoreqpr

last week 8points to safety, this week 7points,slowly but surely?
Staying Up on 18:48 - Dec 2 with 996 viewskingo

Staying Up on 18:17 - Dec 2 by toreqpr

last week 8points to safety, this week 7points,slowly but surely?

Now that is the attitude, we will be clear in 8 weeks ;)

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Staying Up on 18:56 - Dec 2 with 990 viewsmacro

To get to the magic 40, it's going to have to be champions league form... doomed
Staying Up on 19:01 - Dec 2 with 978 viewsGeorge_Milton

Staying Up on 18:56 - Dec 2 by macro

To get to the magic 40, it's going to have to be champions league form... doomed

who said we need 40? We need 1 more point then 3rd form bottom. at the moment that's an 8 point swing. Wigan last year after Christmas has a 12 point swing over us. I don't think we will do it but it can be done.
Harry is going to need another 2 games before I think we can see a totally improvement. Yesterday was better but Hughes lack of Strikers really showed up, also 2 of our better players going of injured did not help. Dont give up just yet.
Staying Up on 19:03 - Dec 2 with 973 viewsmacro

Staying Up on 19:01 - Dec 2 by George_Milton

who said we need 40? We need 1 more point then 3rd form bottom. at the moment that's an 8 point swing. Wigan last year after Christmas has a 12 point swing over us. I don't think we will do it but it can be done.
Harry is going to need another 2 games before I think we can see a totally improvement. Yesterday was better but Hughes lack of Strikers really showed up, also 2 of our better players going of injured did not help. Dont give up just yet.

It's the norm - 40 points. I just can't see it happening
Staying Up on 19:07 - Dec 2 with 966 viewsGeorge_Milton

Staying Up on 19:03 - Dec 2 by macro

It's the norm - 40 points. I just can't see it happening

it is going to be a miracle, but there is some real crap down there with us. We are closer today then last Sunday! I think 35/ 36 might be enough.
Staying Up on 19:09 - Dec 2 with 963 viewsmacro

Staying Up on 19:07 - Dec 2 by George_Milton

it is going to be a miracle, but there is some real crap down there with us. We are closer today then last Sunday! I think 35/ 36 might be enough.

You could be right, Reading look shite, sunderland 2 wins in 22, wigan, newcastle on the slide, southampton with their dodgy defence. enough dodgy teams
Staying Up on 19:15 - Dec 2 with 959 viewskensalriser

40 is an arbitrary number based on what might happen in May. The real target is to close the gap on 17th and that can only happen one, two or three points at a time.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Staying Up on 19:18 - Dec 2 with 956 viewsCheshireR

No doubting that we are in a real mess but ......
I have just compared this seasons results with last year. Replacing the relegated teams with those promoted.
After the "same" 15 games last year we had 12 points compared to our current 6.
Over the next 4 games we only got 1 point last season (home WBA).
My optimistic head tells me that we can pick up at least 4 points from these matches, thus closing the gap to only 3 points.
That same optimistic head says that a 3 point deficit is nothing at all.
Keep the faith
Staying Up on 19:26 - Dec 2 with 946 viewsmacro

Staying Up on 19:18 - Dec 2 by CheshireR

No doubting that we are in a real mess but ......
I have just compared this seasons results with last year. Replacing the relegated teams with those promoted.
After the "same" 15 games last year we had 12 points compared to our current 6.
Over the next 4 games we only got 1 point last season (home WBA).
My optimistic head tells me that we can pick up at least 4 points from these matches, thus closing the gap to only 3 points.
That same optimistic head says that a 3 point deficit is nothing at all.
Keep the faith

That's assuming that Sunderland etc don't pick up any points - Southampton's next 2 games Reading and Sunderland
Staying Up on 19:30 - Dec 2 with 943 viewsCheshireR

Staying Up on 19:26 - Dec 2 by macro

That's assuming that Sunderland etc don't pick up any points - Southampton's next 2 games Reading and Sunderland

No Macro - I am just comparing our results this season with last.
We are currently 6 points worse off than last year after the "same" 15 games.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Staying Up on 19:34 - Dec 2 with 932 viewsDesertBoot

We're unbeaten since Harry was in the dugout, admittedly against two average teams. However confidence and momentum are growing.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Staying Up on 19:41 - Dec 2 with 920 viewsQPRDave

We'll prob beat Arse Spurs Man U & C at home so that's 12 unexpected points
Staying Up on 20:37 - Dec 2 with 898 viewsderbyhoop

Staying Up on 19:34 - Dec 2 by DesertBoot

We're unbeaten since Harry was in the dugout, admittedly against two average teams. However confidence and momentum are growing.

Exactly. To stay up we need the teams down the bottom to drop points as we pick up points. The last 2 games were the perfect opportunity to do both. We didn't.

I thought we were going down before Hughes was sacked. Redknapp coming in hasn't changed my view. Nobody could.

I'd like to be wrong but there is a certain Karma in accepting one's fate.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Staying Up on 22:07 - Dec 2 with 862 viewsHarbour

we can stay up but its going to be tough when we get that first win we will push on... its very tight at the bottom many clubs drawing..... last 2 games shows we need warriors who fight for 90 minutes need to drop those not interested in the fight after seeing the 90 mins yesterday i think we have a chance ... in harry i trust
Staying Up on 22:38 - Dec 2 with 843 viewsCiderwithRsie

Look, we're probably fecked. But either way we're still QPR.

Stay up and its a huge two fingers up to fate. Go down and we're still better off than I thought we would be five seasons back.

Whatever happens at least we're not Chelsea.

UuuRrrrs
Staying Up on 10:18 - Dec 3 with 775 viewsklr

How many points did we have when Warnock got sacked ?

I was resigned to it all at the weekend, but cant help going over & over the permutations in my head.

Its strongly unlikely, but we are not dead in the water yet.

Staying Up on 11:20 - Dec 3 with 759 viewsdaveB

basics of it are we need to get to mid march on 25 points which is more than we had last season so that's 19 points from the next 14 matches which is not impossible.
Staying Up on 11:38 - Dec 3 with 737 viewsadhoc_qpr

Survival is still possible, albeit unlikely, but with each passing game it becomes more unlikely.

But at least Redknapp will have a real go at it, 2 games unbeaten and 1 point nearer safety is already better than dour Hughes. I think the rest of the season could bizarrely prove to be the most enjoyable spell we've had since being promoted, despite it likely being too little, too late.

Strangely i also think it's quite nice to hear some realism about not buying players in January etc. It shows that we aren't just blindly going to head into a financial oblivion and the board understand the state we are in and the problems their hesitation have caused them.

Wise of TF to keep quiet on Twitter too he's already given the media enough phrases to ram down our throats.
Staying Up on 13:20 - Dec 3 with 693 viewsCharlie1

I personally think, we can still stay up but there is just one problem.

We need to win games. And lot's of them. We can't win games for a variety or reasons!

We had to win Saturday.

It's an embarrassment really.

2:59 baby!

Staying Up on 13:28 - Dec 3 with 688 viewsPinnerPaul

Staying Up on 14:27 - Dec 2 by PinnerPaul

My usual question - how much are you having on KLR?

4/6 currently available

I can guess the answer!

Gone for Option 3 - ignore the question I see

The other 2 are

1) I don't bet

2) I don't bet on QPR
Staying Up on 13:31 - Dec 3 with 674 viewsklr

Staying Up on 13:28 - Dec 3 by PinnerPaul

Gone for Option 3 - ignore the question I see

The other 2 are

1) I don't bet

2) I don't bet on QPR

Number 2 ) I dont bet against QPR, I think its immoral.

I dont tend to bet at all if I'm being honest, probably placed a bet less than 10 times in my life, along with Tattoo's, Dr Dre "Beats" Headphones & all the rest of it, I think its a mugs game.
Staying Up on 13:52 - Dec 3 with 660 viewsEastR

The league table as it currently stands :

To Play GD Points

Newcastle 24 +9 8
Wigan 24 +6 8
Villa 23 +5 8
Sun'land 25 +12 7
Soton 23 +5 6
Reading 24 +8 3
QPR 23 0 0

I reckon someone will stay up this season with as little as 35 points, and that, and the green shoots of improvement shown in the last 2 games (L - O GD - 0 an unbeaten run!), puts us still in with a shout.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Staying Up on 13:58 - Dec 3 with 641 viewskingo

Staying Up on 13:52 - Dec 3 by EastR

The league table as it currently stands :

To Play GD Points

Newcastle 24 +9 8
Wigan 24 +6 8
Villa 23 +5 8
Sun'land 25 +12 7
Soton 23 +5 6
Reading 24 +8 3
QPR 23 0 0

I reckon someone will stay up this season with as little as 35 points, and that, and the green shoots of improvement shown in the last 2 games (L - O GD - 0 an unbeaten run!), puts us still in with a shout.

To all those who were maoning about mid table boredom this season, QPR have decided to give the 6 teams above them a bit of a head start. Just to make the end of the season a bit more exciting.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Staying Up on 14:07 - Dec 3 with 627 viewsPinnerPaul

Staying Up on 22:07 - Dec 2 by Harbour

we can stay up but its going to be tough when we get that first win we will push on... its very tight at the bottom many clubs drawing..... last 2 games shows we need warriors who fight for 90 minutes need to drop those not interested in the fight after seeing the 90 mins yesterday i think we have a chance ... in harry i trust

Not sure us being 7 points from 4th from bottom, it can be called "tight at the bottom"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024