Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred 07:57 - Oct 25 with 33365 viewsdavman

I will be there. Mad, eh?

Expecting nothing at all, but hoping that sh1tty Scotty Parker only wants to win 1-0 or 2-0 at worst. Last time I was there Rowan Vine scored my all time fave QPR goal running the length of the pitch to shoot into an empty goal because Gabor Kiraly with his baggy jogging bottoms was up for a last minute corner to try to equalise.

No Frey bad, no Colback bad, no Paal - hooray!

Just dreading the next "minor" calf problem to be announced with the team news.

2-0 them. Promise from us, but ultimately huff and puff with no attacking threat whatsoever.

The football will ruin a good weekend away as per...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:49 - Oct 26 with 2076 viewsqueensparker

Cook, JCS and Nardi have been immense.

The rest, not so much.

It’s basically like the Ainsworth game again.

I know he’s playing out of position but if we really did sign Ashby instead of Hayden that has to be the stupidest decision of all time
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:49 - Oct 26 with 2076 viewsstrikerace

Celar actually received a pass without losing it, and the commentator made it sound like he scored a brace out there
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:49 - Oct 26 with 2072 viewsA40Bosh

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:47 - Oct 26 by 1BobbyHazell

Outside of sideways passes between the back 4 have we strung more than 3 passes together?

Genuine question!

The 'quality' of our 'football' is abysmal. Lower table League 1 level.

Agreed, with the exception of the 3 centre backs who at least are throwing everything away from the goal.

We literally cannot string 2 passes together outside of our own box.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:50 - Oct 26 with 2047 viewsBklynRanger

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:42 - Oct 26 by ted_hendrix

They've had nine bloody corners

11 now. They need to work on those a bit.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:50 - Oct 26 with 2026 viewsJimmyR

23% possession… great to get to HT no losing but I can’t see us surviving another half of that
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:50 - Oct 26 with 2023 viewsSK_hoops

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:48 - Oct 26 by Spaceman_P

although I am loathe to admit it.... I have to say we really miss Willock.

Okay, Hayden too, but its surprising how 3 newer players ( Anderseen, Dembele and Saito) haven't really been able to fill his boots.

Willock annoyed me don't get me wrong, but our weekly performance goes to show, how we miss him a bit.

[Post edited 26 Oct 15:57]
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:50 - Oct 26 with 2011 viewsSK_hoops

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:48 - Oct 26 by Spaceman_P

although I am loathe to admit it.... I have to say we really miss Willock.

Okay, Hayden too, but its surprising how 3 newer players ( Anderseen, Dembele and Saito) haven't really been able to fill his boots.

Willock annoyed me don't get me wrong, but our weekly performance goes to show, how we miss him a bit.

He's not exactly tearing it up at Cardiff though. We certainly miss prime Willock.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:50 - Oct 26 with 2002 viewsDorse

Fck my arse and call me Bunty.

Just saw the stats: 23 clearances on our part 23% possesion and they fired in 27 crosses in the first half.

We're going to win this. It is the way of our people.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:51 - Oct 26 with 1959 viewsMalintabuk

Well whatever happens I can say that defensive performance was on par with anything we did last season it was not only solid but in some cases epic.
Cook and JCS have been fantastic and Smyth and both Saito and Smyth have tracked back really well to protect their full backs
Not sure if we can hold out, I'm sure that Burnley will throw fresh legs on and we..........well really don't have a lot to bolster that defence on the bench
If we can come away with a point here I think it could turn our season, that defence as looked tremendous
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:52 - Oct 26 with 1898 viewsHooping_Mad

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:42 - Oct 26 by Spaceman_P

For sure Harrison Ashby is the groundskeeper of the families land.... a local lad good with a tractor.

Unable to watch the game again today - baby duties, no-one told me a 4 month baby would be this full-on... f-ing nuts man.

4 months is full on but also a joy, have you started the indoctrination yet?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:52 - Oct 26 with 1860 viewsDamo1962

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:45 - Oct 26 by loftboy

75-25 was 80-20 earlier

Problem is, no matter how hard we battle and ride our luck, one goal from them will be enough for the win...as we are toothless. We haven't been destroyed by anyone this season so hopefully that will continue. If we could beat teams that we have a chance against...we wouldn't be under so much pressure against the top sides.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:54 - Oct 26 with 1789 viewsbaz_qpr

I think they've done alright all things considering and working hard but Celar is going all out to top his abject performance on Tuesday with the most ineffectual striker play you'll ever see. I appreciate he will be offside numerous times but at least Lloyd will battle a bit and offer some threat behind.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:55 - Oct 26 with 1733 viewsderbyhoop

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:44 - Oct 26 by queensparker

We must be on about 10% possession

23.5% actually.

It's a hard watch. Backs to the wall for 44/46 minutes. The only note of relief when Smyth smacked the bar.
Thank God for Captain Cook. And Lt Dunne.

This can go 1 of 2 ways.
1. We succumb to the continual pressure.
2. We get a breakaway around 75 minutes and score the only goal of the game.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:56 - Oct 26 with 1680 viewskernowhoop

We go long spells without the commentators mentioning Chair or Smyth. We need those players (especially Chair) to have the ball from time to time, if only to take the pressure off the defence for a minute or two. Sounds like heroic defending though.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:56 - Oct 26 with 1665 viewsRangersw12

Good battling away performance but I think it's inevitable they will create a clear cut chance and nick it .
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:56 - Oct 26 with 1658 viewsaston_hoop

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:54 - Oct 26 by baz_qpr

I think they've done alright all things considering and working hard but Celar is going all out to top his abject performance on Tuesday with the most ineffectual striker play you'll ever see. I appreciate he will be offside numerous times but at least Lloyd will battle a bit and offer some threat behind.

We do miss Michi Frey hassling their centre backs. When you're backs against the wall like this, you can't underestimate how important it is having someone like Frey up top giving the defenders something to think about and dragging them around a bit. Celar plays like he's wearing cememt boots
[Post edited 26 Oct 15:58]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:57 - Oct 26 with 1588 viewsBklynRanger

Clarke Carlisle's just been out on the pitch by the sound of things
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:00 - Oct 26 with 1457 viewsstainrods_elbow

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:52 - Oct 26 by Damo1962

Problem is, no matter how hard we battle and ride our luck, one goal from them will be enough for the win...as we are toothless. We haven't been destroyed by anyone this season so hopefully that will continue. If we could beat teams that we have a chance against...we wouldn't be under so much pressure against the top sides.

Precisely. We're doing no more than half of what any professional team should be doing, which is defend and, here's a thought, attack now and again. We look bottom three and no more.

(Actually, less than half, as we also can't play the ball through midfield as a prerequsite of the attack bit.)

Nardi timewasting from around 15m to the derision for the home fans is just embarrassing - standard Champ stuff these days, I suppose, which is why I'm glad I don't pay for this 'product'. Hardly the beautiful game is it, Mr Marti? I'm sure our hard-hitting Offish commentator/interviewe anyone will interrgoate him about it later.

Sure we'be been organised in and around our box, though Burnley have been a lot less incisive than I thought, for all their massive possession. But if it's good enough for us to feel satisfied with that and ignore everything else, it's mainly a sign of how far we've stagnated - or sunk.

Poll: How many points will we take from our next 3 games (S'land H, M'bro H, Leeds A)?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:00 - Oct 26 with 1429 viewsdavman

Wow this is a hard a watch as was expected.

Burnley are really, really ordinary although their wingers have the beating of our full backs.

But, aside from the first 10 when we looked ok, this has been backs to the wall and nothing else.

Chair shocking today, Celar as expected, Dunne really poor, Ashby really poor.

Cook, Field and JCS doing well blocks aplenty.

But it is just a matter of time unfortunately.

45 more of attack v defence and men v boys.

...and all the action will be up the other end of the pitch...

Can we go out yet?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:00 - Oct 26 with 1429 viewsderbyhoop

He's barely had a pass in his direction while trying to deal with 2 CBs and the left back.
Not good but cut him a little slack.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:01 - Oct 26 with 1408 viewsqueensparker

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:56 - Oct 26 by kernowhoop

We go long spells without the commentators mentioning Chair or Smyth. We need those players (especially Chair) to have the ball from time to time, if only to take the pressure off the defence for a minute or two. Sounds like heroic defending though.

To be fair to Smyth and Saito they’re both playing as auxiliary full backs and sticking to their task well
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:01 - Oct 26 with 1402 viewsdavman

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 14:44 - Oct 26 by terryb

This would seem the most likely explanation baz.

Maybe. Hope so.

Can we go out yet?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:01 - Oct 26 with 1396 viewsDorse

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:00 - Oct 26 by stainrods_elbow

Precisely. We're doing no more than half of what any professional team should be doing, which is defend and, here's a thought, attack now and again. We look bottom three and no more.

(Actually, less than half, as we also can't play the ball through midfield as a prerequsite of the attack bit.)

Nardi timewasting from around 15m to the derision for the home fans is just embarrassing - standard Champ stuff these days, I suppose, which is why I'm glad I don't pay for this 'product'. Hardly the beautiful game is it, Mr Marti? I'm sure our hard-hitting Offish commentator/interviewe anyone will interrgoate him about it later.

Sure we'be been organised in and around our box, though Burnley have been a lot less incisive than I thought, for all their massive possession. But if it's good enough for us to feel satisfied with that and ignore everything else, it's mainly a sign of how far we've stagnated - or sunk.

Cheer up - Strictly's on in a bit.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:03 - Oct 26 with 1306 viewsaston_hoop

Burnley hit the bar from range

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:05 - Oct 26 with 1213 viewsR_from_afar

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:03 - Oct 26 by aston_hoop

Burnley hit the bar from range

Eek!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024