Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report 21:14 - Oct 20 with 7846 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/63171
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 21:31 - Oct 20 with 5002 viewscolinallcars

Thank you Clive, it really was awful was it not ?
Clutching at straws, we do play a bit better against the better sides sometimes anyway.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 21:33 - Oct 20 with 4984 viewsLblock

Has gelling time passed?

Sadly when you’re floating for half a decade at some time you will be flushed away
How can it seriously be this season under one of the classiest managers we’ve ever had ( last season)?
He looks thoroughly “W12’d”

Oh dear

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 21:52 - Oct 20 with 4806 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Inept, gutless, cowardice, clueless. I could go on, but your report covers it all.
A omnishambles of a performance. Do we all have to go through this again on Tuesday?
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:05 - Oct 20 with 4656 viewsHunterhoop

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 21:33 - Oct 20 by Lblock

Has gelling time passed?

Sadly when you’re floating for half a decade at some time you will be flushed away
How can it seriously be this season under one of the classiest managers we’ve ever had ( last season)?
He looks thoroughly “W12’d”

Oh dear

Yeah, I said yesterday was the deadline. We’re in serious trouble.

10 games, 7 points.

Fail to beat Coventry then we’ll very likely be in single figure points after 15 games given it’s then Burnley, Leeds, Boro, Sunderland. Could be the same situation as under Ainsworth last season. But this year, I’ll fear we’ll be cut adrift as everyone else seems to beat each other.

For me there is something going on behind the scenes. There just has to be. The last 10 games of last season and first 10 of this season are so so different, I can’t believe it’s all hunky dory and the same manager is producing this bollocks.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:11 - Oct 20 with 4596 viewsPaddyhoops

As soon as the equaliser. went in, Self inflicted as usual . We might as well have gone home.
Some of us will be back here on Tuesday hoping for better but more than likely heading into the darkness without another home win .
We should be used to it by now.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:14 - Oct 20 with 4556 viewsmart_Goblin

Yep agree with all that.

Simple fact that if you do 1 good thing followed by 5 bad continuously , then you ain’t going to win football matches.
Cifuentes now looks well and truly QPR’d too which for me is saddest of all.

Not sure what happens next.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:24 - Oct 20 with 4443 viewsLblock

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:05 - Oct 20 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, I said yesterday was the deadline. We’re in serious trouble.

10 games, 7 points.

Fail to beat Coventry then we’ll very likely be in single figure points after 15 games given it’s then Burnley, Leeds, Boro, Sunderland. Could be the same situation as under Ainsworth last season. But this year, I’ll fear we’ll be cut adrift as everyone else seems to beat each other.

For me there is something going on behind the scenes. There just has to be. The last 10 games of last season and first 10 of this season are so so different, I can’t believe it’s all hunky dory and the same manager is producing this bollocks.

Welcome

Take any of the seats to the left, we’ll be round with snacks soon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:33 - Oct 20 with 4383 views1JD

“Cifuentes went on every podcast going, before he got here and had his press privileges revoked, about his Cruyffian ideals and 4-3-3 formation. That requires ball playing midfielders who can take the ball on the turn and play it. We’ve seen none of that in this team, these new signings, and certainly this midfield.”

If anyone needed any further insight regarding what is going on behind the scenes, and who is truly calling all the shots regarding squad composition, transfer strategy, and actual signings, then they should re-read that a few times and let that sink in.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:41 - Oct 20 with 4286 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:33 - Oct 20 by 1JD

“Cifuentes went on every podcast going, before he got here and had his press privileges revoked, about his Cruyffian ideals and 4-3-3 formation. That requires ball playing midfielders who can take the ball on the turn and play it. We’ve seen none of that in this team, these new signings, and certainly this midfield.”

If anyone needed any further insight regarding what is going on behind the scenes, and who is truly calling all the shots regarding squad composition, transfer strategy, and actual signings, then they should re-read that a few times and let that sink in.

None of us know what's going on.

It could simply tell us that the players MC would ideally want are unaffordable, unavailable, or both. Or that those he does have are under-performing relative to his/the club's expectations. Or that Marti can talk a good game, but not necessarily execute one.

Or none of these things.
[Post edited 20 Oct 22:42]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:46 - Oct 20 with 4277 viewsGus_iom

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:14 - Oct 20 by mart_Goblin

Yep agree with all that.

Simple fact that if you do 1 good thing followed by 5 bad continuously , then you ain’t going to win football matches.
Cifuentes now looks well and truly QPR’d too which for me is saddest of all.

Not sure what happens next.

Nourry sacks Marti, appoints himself as manager, then picks himself in the next squad.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 23:30 - Oct 20 with 4039 viewssparkey

Fantastic summary.

Only thing I'd disagree is I thought the ref was just really weird. Wouldnt say necessarily bad, but I couldn't understand some things, like the drop ball?

I think Marti has been sold a dream here, the players brought in don't look good enough so far, and his idea of 433 is IMPOSSIBLE with Madsen who strolls around more than a newborn. Something about Nourry I just find really unsettling...

Marti still deserves much more time to turn this around, we were rotten before he came and hopefully he can work some magic again.
[Post edited 20 Oct 23:32]
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 23:41 - Oct 20 with 3969 viewsRs_Holy

thanks Clive ... I don't think I've ever seen such low player ratings from one of your reports?
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 23:56 - Oct 20 with 3906 viewsWalnut

Not that it addresses our bigger problems but I'll ask anyway, does anyone think we should have had a penalty just before theirs at 1 1 when Smyth (?) was pulled at the back post?
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 03:03 - Oct 21 with 3686 viewsHunterhoop

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 23:30 - Oct 20 by sparkey

Fantastic summary.

Only thing I'd disagree is I thought the ref was just really weird. Wouldnt say necessarily bad, but I couldn't understand some things, like the drop ball?

I think Marti has been sold a dream here, the players brought in don't look good enough so far, and his idea of 433 is IMPOSSIBLE with Madsen who strolls around more than a newborn. Something about Nourry I just find really unsettling...

Marti still deserves much more time to turn this around, we were rotten before he came and hopefully he can work some magic again.
[Post edited 20 Oct 23:32]

Meant to upvote that. Sorry.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 06:17 - Oct 21 with 3485 viewsPlanetHonneywood

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 23:41 - Oct 20 by Rs_Holy

thanks Clive ... I don't think I've ever seen such low player ratings from one of your reports?

By the sound of it, with 36 games to go, you might want to ut and paste your words for future posting.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:02 - Oct 21 with 3175 viewsGus_iom

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 22:46 - Oct 20 by Gus_iom

Nourry sacks Marti, appoints himself as manager, then picks himself in the next squad.

His next step is to make himself matchday commentator. Following his debut, he hands over the commentary duties and instead sacks Sinton and installs himself as the seasoned pro giving expert analysis.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:14 - Oct 21 with 3133 viewsJamesB1979

He’s to take most of the blame for the bad performances though. I doubt Anderson was a “club signing” for example. Look how poor he has been. It’s also his decision to keep the Madsen and Field “axis”, rest players vs Palace, play Fox over JCS to “save” him for tomorrow I guess and it’s also him who sets the team up and sees what they can & can’t do in training.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:27 - Oct 21 with 3064 viewsstevec

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:14 - Oct 21 by JamesB1979

He’s to take most of the blame for the bad performances though. I doubt Anderson was a “club signing” for example. Look how poor he has been. It’s also his decision to keep the Madsen and Field “axis”, rest players vs Palace, play Fox over JCS to “save” him for tomorrow I guess and it’s also him who sets the team up and sees what they can & can’t do in training.

Precisely.

It’s time for Marti come up with something far better than the guff he’s delivered this season from day one of the pre season friendlies.

No more excuses and him going along with a kid as CEO or DOF is not an excuse.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:28 - Oct 21 with 3059 viewsNorthernr

Yeh, one more change of manager ought to do it I reckon.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:34 - Oct 21 with 3001 viewsJamesB1979

Definitely no change of manager. He should stay with us to League 1 and beyond….wherever that takes us.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:43 - Oct 21 with 2951 viewsPunteR

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:34 - Oct 21 by JamesB1979

Definitely no change of manager. He should stay with us to League 1 and beyond….wherever that takes us.

Rotherham?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:56 - Oct 21 with 2871 viewsstevec

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:28 - Oct 21 by Northernr

Yeh, one more change of manager ought to do it I reckon.

Well it did last season!

In truth, nothings worked ever since we had a DOF sitting above the manager. As you’ve reported yourself it’s one long trail of jostling for control and blame shifting. What surprises me is you still seem to believe it’s the way forward.
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 09:02 - Oct 21 with 2843 viewsdaveB

I've seen enough QPR relegations in my time to know when one is coming, this team has relegation written all over it, weak in midfield, slow and prone to errors at the back and just don't score enough goals.

This can be turned around but it needs to happen soon and they desperately need to win tomorrow night
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 09:04 - Oct 21 with 2827 viewsdaveB

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:56 - Oct 21 by stevec

Well it did last season!

In truth, nothings worked ever since we had a DOF sitting above the manager. As you’ve reported yourself it’s one long trail of jostling for control and blame shifting. What surprises me is you still seem to believe it’s the way forward.

We don't currently have a DOF
QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 09:30 - Oct 21 with 2700 viewsNorthernr

QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report on 08:56 - Oct 21 by stevec

Well it did last season!

Well look you think the answer is just get a brilliant experienced manager in (who'd want to come here because...) and give him the keys because it worked with Neil Warnock. I'd say that has failed here multiple times.

I say you need that overarching, more future-focused role making sure a manager doesn't just take short term decisions and spend our money with his favourite agents because of what's happened here before, but because of Les' failings and the fact they've now given that role to a 27-year-old consultant who's never done it before, that looks daft.

The two constants are we rarely get better for very long, even Warnock's success here was fleeting, and the owners.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024