Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you Madsen? 17:19 - Oct 19 with 13641 viewsJevlar

Well I am after that. Hate to scapegoat a player, but I’ve made more effort on the toilet than he did in that entire match.

Pathetic and powderpuff
Are you Madsen? on 19:57 - Oct 19 with 2134 viewsjoolsyp

Are you Madsen? on 19:11 - Oct 19 by VancouverHoop

Half the QPR players on the pitch today weren't with us last season. That's not an excuse merely an observation, but no footballer is just 'Plug-in-and-Play.' We've also a manager with less than half a season behind him at this level, and a CEO who's barely old enough to shave. Only us fans are a constant.

These first matches were always going to be a bumpy ride. Unfortunately, though the wheels haven't fallen off yet, they're certainly wobbling a fair bit. Personally I don't think the two early international breaks have helped at all. It's more than halfway through October and we've yet to complete a quarter of our schedule. Footballers need games, not two weeks to think about a three game losing streak.

If you thought the first few matches were a bumpy ride wait until you see our next 5 fixtures. I love Marti to bits but we could have an awful lot of catching up to do come the end of November.
Are you Madsen? on 19:58 - Oct 19 with 2127 viewsParkRoyalR

Are you Madsen? on 18:17 - Oct 19 by joolsyp

Who was the young player who came on second half? I thought he did well, didn’t hide and showed for the ball, took it from the central defenders and looked to move it forward.

And he broke the line running on to give an option for the return pass,

Showed real courage wanting to receive the ball and pass forward, a real positive from today.
Are you Madsen? on 20:02 - Oct 19 with 2077 viewsMick_S

Are you Madsen? on 19:58 - Oct 19 by ParkRoyalR

Showed real courage wanting to receive the ball and pass forward, a real positive from today.

He did. Had the balls to have a go. Good lad.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Are you Madsen? on 20:05 - Oct 19 with 2028 viewsThe_Beast1976

Are you Madsen? on 20:02 - Oct 19 by Mick_S

Basically the polar opposite of Madsen. Can we loan Madsen out to a Conference side or something?
Are you Madsen? on 20:29 - Oct 19 with 1917 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Are you Madsen? on 18:35 - Oct 19 by HammersmithR

He literally offers nothing to the team. He doesn’t demand the ball or control the midfield. He is so bad. He is not good enough for this level of football. He’s on some mad 4 year contract or something. Another one we are now stuck with for years.

Not true. Sitting in the Upper Loft, right behind the goal, and Madsen was continually asking for the ball from the centre backs. It never came.
It just kept getting pumped Wimbledon 1980s style.

Now Field, he points to other players, rarely wants it, but Madsen does, it just never gets played in.
Are you Madsen? on 20:42 - Oct 19 with 1873 viewsThe_Beast1976

Are you Madsen? on 20:29 - Oct 19 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Not true. Sitting in the Upper Loft, right behind the goal, and Madsen was continually asking for the ball from the centre backs. It never came.

Now Field, he points to other players, rarely wants it, but Madsen does, it just never gets played in.

Completely (but respectfully, as everyone has their own opinion) disagree with this. All I witnessed was Madsen 'hiding' in positions where it was physically impossible to pass the ball towards him without it being cut out by one of their players (because he was 'hiding' behind or between them).

By comparison, the young lad who came on 2nd half had no problem at all receiving the ball from our centre backs........ because he didn't 'hide'. Simple.
[Post edited 19 Oct 20:59]
Are you Madsen? on 20:49 - Oct 19 with 1843 viewsStreathamRanger

Are you Madsen? on 20:42 - Oct 19 by The_Beast1976

Completely (but respectfully, as everyone has their own opinion) disagree with this. All I witnessed was Madsen 'hiding' in positions where it was physically impossible to pass the ball towards him without it being cut out by one of their players (because he was 'hiding' behind or between them).

By comparison, the young lad who came on 2nd half had no problem at all receiving the ball from our centre backs........ because he didn't 'hide'. Simple.
[Post edited 19 Oct 20:59]

Admittedly the view in upper loft is better than where I am in the lower loft but it looks to me like he takes up positions where he's not quite close enough to put in a tackle and not quite in enough space to receive the ball. Maybe that's hiding or maybe that's just not being very good. I don't know, I've never played centre mid in a a game of professional football. I imagine it's bloody hard work to make an impression on the game. That's why CMs are usually the best all round players on the pitch. Hopefully he can get better at being in the right place at the right time.
Are you Madsen? on 20:54 - Oct 19 with 1773 viewsstainrods_elbow

Are you Madsen? on 19:57 - Oct 19 by joolsyp

If you thought the first few matches were a bumpy ride wait until you see our next 5 fixtures. I love Marti to bits but we could have an awful lot of catching up to do come the end of November.

3 of the next 4 are also at home. Marti and the team need to step up and shape up, or the club may need to take a view on whether the manager and squad are good enough to stay in what's no more than a mediocre league.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Login to get fewer ads

Are you Madsen? on 20:54 - Oct 19 with 1814 viewsHunterhoop

That is grade A bullshit, Wilkins.

Madsen hides. Field does not.
Are you Madsen? on 20:57 - Oct 19 with 1766 viewsWatford_Ranger

Are you Madsen? on 20:49 - Oct 19 by StreathamRanger

Admittedly the view in upper loft is better than where I am in the lower loft but it looks to me like he takes up positions where he's not quite close enough to put in a tackle and not quite in enough space to receive the ball. Maybe that's hiding or maybe that's just not being very good. I don't know, I've never played centre mid in a a game of professional football. I imagine it's bloody hard work to make an impression on the game. That's why CMs are usually the best all round players on the pitch. Hopefully he can get better at being in the right place at the right time.

He has a handy knack of being in a position which neither makes him likely to receive the ball nor be of much use even if he does. We mocked Dozzell for much the same. Maybe I’m too old-fashioned but if I was new to the team/league and struggling I’d at least smash someone and make use of being 6’4” just to let people know I’m on the pitch. The kids would probably tell me he’s an ‘eight’, whatever that means, but I can’t see what he’s even meant to be good at.
Are you Madsen? on 21:03 - Oct 19 with 1724 viewsthehat

I just can not belive that after his performance at Derby he was even in the squad let alone the starting 11 and even worse played the full game.

He is an absolute fairy and liability.
Are you Madsen? on 21:06 - Oct 19 with 1703 viewsThe_Beast1976

Are you Madsen? on 20:57 - Oct 19 by Watford_Ranger

He has a handy knack of being in a position which neither makes him likely to receive the ball nor be of much use even if he does. We mocked Dozzell for much the same. Maybe I’m too old-fashioned but if I was new to the team/league and struggling I’d at least smash someone and make use of being 6’4” just to let people know I’m on the pitch. The kids would probably tell me he’s an ‘eight’, whatever that means, but I can’t see what he’s even meant to be good at.

Well, he's certainly not good at being a central midfielder, that much is certain. I'd start the youngster Morgan who came on in the 2nd half today. He at least wanted the ball and wanted to pass and move forwards
Are you Madsen? on 21:14 - Oct 19 with 1677 viewsKiko

Useless, waste of space. That's all there is to it. Needs to be removed from the team immediately otherwise we are relegation bound. I'm so annoyed that Marti seems to have fallen into the trap of playing his favourites.
[Post edited 19 Oct 21:15]
Are you Madsen? on 21:17 - Oct 19 with 1667 viewsHunterhoop

Are you Madsen? on 21:06 - Oct 19 by The_Beast1976

Well, he's certainly not good at being a central midfielder, that much is certain. I'd start the youngster Morgan who came on in the 2nd half today. He at least wanted the ball and wanted to pass and move forwards

He put Madsen to shame in the time they were on the pitch together. I’d wager during that period he had 5x the touches. Our big money signing was hiding.
Are you Madsen? on 21:17 - Oct 19 with 1635 viewsstainrods_elbow

Maybe they don't trust him to do anything with it!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Are you Madsen? on 21:36 - Oct 19 with 1615 viewsDamo1962

Are you Madsen? on 20:54 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

3 of the next 4 are also at home. Marti and the team need to step up and shape up, or the club may need to take a view on whether the manager and squad are good enough to stay in what's no more than a mediocre league.

But we aren't even mediocre...that's the problem. We might be when everyone is fit and available,and pulls up their socks...but I'm not holding my breath.
Are you Madsen? on 21:51 - Oct 19 with 1575 viewsPaddyhoops

I’ve resigned myself to us going down . Pathetic doesn’t even describe it today .
Not sure what his fella was brought in to do but he ain’t doing it .
Met an old friend from Ireland with is son and friends who had never seen us before today.
I was embarrassed trying to explain that .
Are you Madsen? on 21:54 - Oct 19 with 1568 viewseastside_r

He was absolutely f*cking useless. Astonished that he was picked after Derby let alone ‘lasting’ 90 minutes.

He did at least have the grace to look utterly crestfallen as he left the pitch. I almost felt sorry for him.
Are you Madsen? on 22:01 - Oct 19 with 1533 viewsPdog

Actual leaked Whatsapp transcripts 1-week before the transfer window slammed shut:

[09:36] ABelk: "I was using those filters you showed me and think i found a gem for you; 24yrs, 6ft 4", ex Danish U21, playing in a European 'B' league outside his home country and get this... he bagged 14 goals from midfield last season, 1 every 2.5 games!"

[09:41] CNourry: "I knew that software upgrade would be worth it - a goalscoring midfield beast, I'm making a bid. We're on a roll."

[11:56] CNourry: "Bid accepted, he's coming over, looks like you found another gem AB!"

[12:31] ABelk: "Oh just FYI, 9 of those goals were pens (so may not be like an actual goal scorer), and that Belgium league seems a little pony"

[12:33] CNourry: "I'm sure it will be fine.. he's huge"
Are you Madsen? on 22:04 - Oct 19 with 1518 viewsbaz_qpr

He had a terrible 2nd half with both sides playing hoofball and head tennis. But first half he was fine as was the team. set up Dembele where we should have scored. As ever 2nd half performance and results cloud the judgement. Fox cost us that game. The other "senior pros" Cook, Dunne, Field, Paal had absolute stinkers.

Introduction of Celar and removal of Chair when chasing the game killed any hope of getting back into it
Are you Madsen? on 22:27 - Oct 19 with 1413 viewshopekillsyou

He didn’t have a bad first half.He had some decent touches. Didn’t he shoot over the bar in one of our brief pressure periods?
[Post edited 19 Oct 22:29]
Are you Madsen? on 22:37 - Oct 19 with 1357 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Are you Madsen? on 20:02 - Oct 19 by Mick_S

AND with virtually his first touch, he played a lovely “blind” pass into the box.

The kid has to be a better bet than Madsen. Fancy flicks and fark all else. A disgraceful performance. Only Rangers would dump Dozzell and sign someone even more anonymous.

Lovely dog, Mick. 😉
Are you Madsen? on 22:54 - Oct 19 with 1267 viewsLogman

Kieran Morgan looked quite good when he came on (albeit it was easier for him to make an impression there, with the game stretching from end to end). Looked good though, as do Bennie, Lloyd etc. when they come on. Problem is, we shouldn't be calling upon these players to try and bail us out with 15 minutes to go.
Are you Madsen? on 23:01 - Oct 19 with 1251 viewsozexile

Are you Madsen? on 19:58 - Oct 19 by ParkRoyalR

What kind of sorcery is this?
Are you Madsen? on 23:03 - Oct 19 with 1250 viewsHunterhoop

Are you Madsen? on 22:27 - Oct 19 by hopekillsyou

He didn’t have a bad first half.He had some decent touches. Didn’t he shoot over the bar in one of our brief pressure periods?
[Post edited 19 Oct 22:29]

Yes, Frey did some great work down the left and put it on a plate for him 20 yards out, centre of goal, no pressure, and he failed to hit the target. Bad miss.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024