Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti - the right man to correct this 11:56 - Oct 7 with 4136 viewssparkey

Worrying times for sure, but anyone suggesting (I know it isn't many people) Marti should go has very short term memory.

We were absolutely atrocious for 4 (including end of Warbs & Beale's reign) managers, only Marti seemed to be able to steady a sinking ship last season, I trust him fully to turn this around. But he needs to be pragmatic, like he was last season when he came in. If we continue this tippy tappy nonsense brainrotting football, then questions need to be asked.
Marti - the right man to correct this on 12:01 - Oct 7 with 4115 viewsHayesender

I haven't seen anyone say they want him gone, but that doesn't mean we can't question him or his methods. But there was quite a bit of arguing going on around me in the away end on Saturday.

People are starting to get pished off, and if we lose at home to Portsmouth that's just gonna escalate.

At the end of the day we're football fans. We're fickle by nature

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Marti - the right man to correct this on 12:33 - Oct 7 with 4020 viewsRangersw12

Marti - the right man to correct this on 12:01 - Oct 7 by Hayesender

I haven't seen anyone say they want him gone, but that doesn't mean we can't question him or his methods. But there was quite a bit of arguing going on around me in the away end on Saturday.

People are starting to get pished off, and if we lose at home to Portsmouth that's just gonna escalate.

At the end of the day we're football fans. We're fickle by nature

And as usual with football fans the vitriol is being aimed at the wrong person

Marti has his faults like all managers but he's been dealt a very poor hand with some of these players
Marti - the right man to correct this on 12:53 - Oct 7 with 3919 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti - the right man to correct this on 12:33 - Oct 7 by Rangersw12

And as usual with football fans the vitriol is being aimed at the wrong person

Marti has his faults like all managers but he's been dealt a very poor hand with some of these players

Which are his players - unless he's Nourry's cuck (which he almost certainly isn't).

He and they need to man up and sort it out.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Marti - the right man to correct this on 13:22 - Oct 7 with 3730 viewsstevec

Marti - the right man to correct this on 12:53 - Oct 7 by stainrods_elbow

Which are his players - unless he's Nourry's cuck (which he almost certainly isn't).

He and they need to man up and sort it out.

Have some sympathy with this, if the manager buys into the arrangement then he has to be as culpable, no excuses.
Marti - the right man to correct this on 13:31 - Oct 7 with 3618 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

I agree, he is absolutely the right man for the job however he does need to be questioned.
Some of the recent tactics are baffling. Like not starting to attack until already behind (see Millwall at home - 1 attack, 1 goal), the insistence on going backwards to go forwards and how incredibly dull that is. The desire of his team to fight, tackle and win headers.
What happened to the team against WBA at home last year, or Leeds? Lots of the players are the same. Including (until recently due to JCS injury) the back 4. The same back 4 that were solid at the end of the last campaign.
I'm all for giving players time to settle into a new league/country but Andersen for one has had that time and is a shadow of the player he was in April last season.
This two weeks is crucial to get these players up for the back-to-back home games against struggling teams, no more waiting, the time is now.
Marti - the right man to correct this on 13:35 - Oct 7 with 3563 viewsRangersw12

Marti - the right man to correct this on 13:31 - Oct 7 by BlackAndGoldRanger

I agree, he is absolutely the right man for the job however he does need to be questioned.
Some of the recent tactics are baffling. Like not starting to attack until already behind (see Millwall at home - 1 attack, 1 goal), the insistence on going backwards to go forwards and how incredibly dull that is. The desire of his team to fight, tackle and win headers.
What happened to the team against WBA at home last year, or Leeds? Lots of the players are the same. Including (until recently due to JCS injury) the back 4. The same back 4 that were solid at the end of the last campaign.
I'm all for giving players time to settle into a new league/country but Andersen for one has had that time and is a shadow of the player he was in April last season.
This two weeks is crucial to get these players up for the back-to-back home games against struggling teams, no more waiting, the time is now.

A lot of the defensive frailties stem from the midfield .

You could pack it but with who !? As you still have players like Madsen , Anderson and EDB who don't tackle so it will still only be Field who puts a foot in .

Like someone has said it shows how poor things have been that Colback is now seen as the saviour although the stats don't lie .
Marti - the right man to correct this on 14:15 - Oct 7 with 3352 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Marti - the right man to correct this on 13:35 - Oct 7 by Rangersw12

A lot of the defensive frailties stem from the midfield .

You could pack it but with who !? As you still have players like Madsen , Anderson and EDB who don't tackle so it will still only be Field who puts a foot in .

Like someone has said it shows how poor things have been that Colback is now seen as the saviour although the stats don't lie .

The midfield was the same earlier in the season, Colback and Field. Then cards and injuries happened, we shouldn't be relying on a 34, nearly 35 year old Colback to add steel to the midfield.
The only real option we have is adding Varane/Colback next to Field with Madsen infront of them but not as a 10 so drop Andersen or a "winger", so would be a 4-2-1-2-1 (trying not to get too technical) but that makes you even more narrow.
Failing that you go 3 CBs - Fox-Cook-Dunne or ideally Fox-Cook-JCS (whoever prefers being on the right). Santos was supposed to be a RWB right?
Marti - the right man to correct this on 14:22 - Oct 7 with 3333 viewsdaveB

I don't think anyone is seriously calling for him to go, I do think hes made some mistakes this season but I trust him to sort things out and get us up the table.
Login to get fewer ads

Marti - the right man to correct this on 14:34 - Oct 7 with 3257 viewsdmm

Marti still has credit with supporters but it's just started to drain away a bit. If we're still in the drop zone or near it come December I think supporters will turn.

I'm sure he'll shoulder responsibility and work hard to find solutions. The return of key players will be crucial but it's still going to be hard for him to reboot a team very low in confidence.
Marti - the right man to correct this on 14:39 - Oct 7 with 3231 viewsQPunkR

Marti - the right man to correct this on 14:22 - Oct 7 by daveB

I don't think anyone is seriously calling for him to go, I do think hes made some mistakes this season but I trust him to sort things out and get us up the table.

Agreed with most on this page. A few fans have started being critical of him and that's completely justified given how we haven't changed or adapted our losing tactics this season.
I still like the guy but he needs to show his nous now and work out how to turn this team around. Even if he had absolutely zero input in the transfer policy, how they play out on that pitch is completely his responsibility

QPR - "shit but local"

Marti - the right man to correct this on 16:21 - Oct 7 with 3060 viewsBklynRanger

I've got the impression that Marti was very clear over the summer about 'what' he wanted, but the 'who' came down to a collective effort, and first choices didn't always happen.

So he got most of what he wanted in, in terms of how he wants to play, but couldn't get another forward in, and they weren't able to afford Hayden despite him being very keen to come back.

So those two gaps are an issue for a start as far as the 'who'. And while I still love Marti and would be gutted if he left, I think he does need to adjust to a more pragmatic style, a bit like how he had to work with what he had last season.

Some of it needs to be about setting up and playing with more of a safety first approach - rather than leaving ourselves wide open, playing risky balls in daft places or inviting too much of a press just because it 'can', if done correctly create space behind and attacking opportunities. It can but it isn't.

It's beginning to remind me a bit of those long fallow periods we had under Warbs, who had cut his teeth going around and watching some of the top sides in Europe. Yes, it would have been ideal if we'd had a CB who could 'break the lines' and change the momentum, and other players in key positions with that same level of quality, but we didn't, and we still generally don't.

We're not doing the basics will enough at the moment to play like that. The second on Saturday was an example. I firmly believe he and Xavi can fix it, but they'll have to adjust some of their aspirations first - including how they feel the game should ideally be played. Needs more of a hybrid approach if that makes sense.
Marti - the right man to correct this on 16:42 - Oct 7 with 2971 viewsted_hendrix

We haven't had a clean sheet all season.

We haven't got a bloke that can on the odd occasion actually score a goal.

Now let me light my old pipe, stroke my old chin and see if I can work out just exactly where It's all gone wrong.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Marti - the right man to correct this on 17:11 - Oct 7 with 2879 viewsHayesender

Marti - the right man to correct this on 16:42 - Oct 7 by ted_hendrix

We haven't had a clean sheet all season.

We haven't got a bloke that can on the odd occasion actually score a goal.

Now let me light my old pipe, stroke my old chin and see if I can work out just exactly where It's all gone wrong.

As I said after the game on Saturday, we can't score, we can't defend, and we have no midfield. Other than that we're fine

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Marti - the right man to correct this on 18:16 - Oct 7 with 2756 viewsLongRanger

Like the rest of us I think Marti had ambitions to be in the mix for the top 6 this season, so he adapted our style to try and get more creativity in there, but its not worked out.

Now we're back in the bottom 3, I think he'll revert after the break, where primarily we're hard to beat, and go as we did when he came in and we build back up from there.

I think he's potentially a very good manager, but he is still young and still learning, he'll make mistakes, that's fine so long as he's learning from them and continues to adapt.

My only concern is that Hayden was key last season, he'd have been my first signing in the summer, but appreciate age and wage perhaps didn't allow.
Marti - the right man to correct this on 21:13 - Oct 7 with 2391 viewsWestonsuperR

No one can seriously want Marti to go, just social media attention seeking nonsense, he produced a minor miracle in saving such a dreadful situation last season but has made a slow start to this one. Over the course of his time as Manager he has performed above expectations and transformed us from hoofball to something far more attractive.
Marti - the right man to correct this on 10:20 - Oct 8 with 1911 viewsBluce_Ree

I love Marti the most. He led us out of the Valley of Ainsworth and into the promised land of 18th.

But now I feel like Job in the Bible. Getting my faith tested by multiple matches of pure bullshit.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Marti - the right man to correct this on 12:35 - Oct 8 with 1760 viewsstainrods_elbow

Apart from a striker worthy of the name, which the club seems to have been incapable of sourcing since about 2015 (I presume the free-scoring triallist of recent weeks was passed over because he might have threatened the club's determination not to score goals), an enforcer in midfield as cover at least for Colback (and preferably a bit younger and more able to stay on the field) could make a difference in helping our coterie of Danes, dwarves and pretty boys to play.

Surely there's a half-competent Guvnor without a club who could do an ugly job for us somewhere out there? Does Shaun Derry have a bastard brother?

Marti - the right man to correct this on 12:43 - Oct 8 with 1740 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Is it me or, have we been here before?

If so, see my answers (and those of many others) since the time before Battletank's father had yet to impregnate his mother and internet speeds depended on how well fed your pigeon was!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Marti - the right man to correct this on 13:42 - Oct 8 with 1624 viewsTheChef

Marti - the right man to correct this on 12:35 - Oct 8 by stainrods_elbow

Apart from a striker worthy of the name, which the club seems to have been incapable of sourcing since about 2015 (I presume the free-scoring triallist of recent weeks was passed over because he might have threatened the club's determination not to score goals), an enforcer in midfield as cover at least for Colback (and preferably a bit younger and more able to stay on the field) could make a difference in helping our coterie of Danes, dwarves and pretty boys to play.

Surely there's a half-competent Guvnor without a club who could do an ugly job for us somewhere out there? Does Shaun Derry have a bastard brother?

I wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to find some average Championship clogger to run, tackle and head the ball for 40 odd games? We're not asking for prime Toninho Cerezo here.

Get Luongo back on loan??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Marti - the right man to correct this on 14:40 - Oct 8 with 1501 viewsLoyalitat

Marti - the right man to correct this on 13:42 - Oct 8 by TheChef

I wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to find some average Championship clogger to run, tackle and head the ball for 40 odd games? We're not asking for prime Toninho Cerezo here.

Get Luongo back on loan??

That's what is so annoying. Recognition that a player or two of that type is crucial in this league would have aided our cause in what I believe to be a decidedly average division, this season.

Look at Oxford United who clearly recognised that and signed Will Vaulks. Nothing stellar about him, indeed some of our fans would turn their noses up at such a signing, but he will fulfil all of the "mundane" tasks that you have listed, to the letter and as a seasoned professional, no bedding-in period required.

Where are newly-promoted Oxford in the league right now on a smaller budget than ours!
[Post edited 8 Oct 15:18]
Marti - the right man to correct this on 15:39 - Oct 8 with 1326 viewsstainrods_elbow

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/vertragslosespieler/wettbewerb/GB2

Lookee, lookee here. (Slim pickings, I guess.)

In terms of where we are right now, for the ballast, I'd be willing to take Hendrick back and even Livermore on short-term deals. Let's face it, we're probably shopping at Poundland.

*runs for cover*

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024