Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust chair steps down. 18:53 - Sep 24 with 7267 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/09/message-from-trust-chair-george-brigham/

Would like to put in record that without George’s efforts the Trust and the Football Club would not be where they are today.

Thanks for all your work.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust chair steps down. on 19:07 - Sep 24 with 6492 viewsD_Alien

Seconded

The quality and tone of the Trust comms whilst George was heading things was remarkable, and a very high bar for whoever's able to take over. It's clearly a role that demands a great deal of time, patience and diplomacy; managing that alongside a career must be a real strain

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust chair steps down. on 19:32 - Sep 24 with 6359 viewsjonahwhereru

Trust chair steps down. on 19:07 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

Seconded

The quality and tone of the Trust comms whilst George was heading things was remarkable, and a very high bar for whoever's able to take over. It's clearly a role that demands a great deal of time, patience and diplomacy; managing that alongside a career must be a real strain

Spot on.
Trust chair steps down. on 19:33 - Sep 24 with 6353 viewsjudd

What can I say?

We were in the EFL as a club and the Trust the largest shareholder when I got involved.

I can only apologise.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust chair steps down. on 19:36 - Sep 24 with 6337 views442Dale

Trust chair steps down. on 19:33 - Sep 24 by judd

What can I say?

We were in the EFL as a club and the Trust the largest shareholder when I got involved.

I can only apologise.

And you refused to play left back.

Trust chair steps down. on 00:54 - Sep 25 with 5673 viewsDorkingDale

Thanks George - you stepped up to the mark at yet another crucial time & led us through probably the most desperate few months in the Club's history. It must've been bloody hard to juggle that with a full time job & family responsibilities. Don't know how you did it, but you should be very proud of yourself. You can walk away from this role now, knowing that the Club is financially stable with a potentially fantastic future as an integral part of the community. Hope all goes well for you in your career & that you are able to make the most of family life again - you deserve it.
Trust chair steps down. on 06:46 - Sep 25 with 5551 viewskel

Sad but understandable news. What George has achieved in his short reign is remarkable and both himself and Col need recognising in some way for the many long personal hours they’ve spent representing the supporters.

Enjoy spending more time with the wife, G.
Trust chair steps down. on 07:24 - Sep 25 with 5465 viewsRodingdale

Trust chair steps down. on 19:07 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

Seconded

Logged on this morning to see reaction to last nights win and am gutted to read this. George did a great job holding things together when it looked like we were going down the pan earlier this year. Very big boots to fill, at a time when the new owners and board still have a lot to do to turn the club around. We desperately need a strong trust chair to represent the fans to the board. It seems too attritional at the moment away travel, reserved stickers, fan consultation meetings all hard work dealing with the people currently running the club.

Where do you want your statue George?
Trust chair steps down. on 07:47 - Sep 25 with 5420 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust chair steps down. on 07:24 - Sep 25 by Rodingdale

Logged on this morning to see reaction to last nights win and am gutted to read this. George did a great job holding things together when it looked like we were going down the pan earlier this year. Very big boots to fill, at a time when the new owners and board still have a lot to do to turn the club around. We desperately need a strong trust chair to represent the fans to the board. It seems too attritional at the moment away travel, reserved stickers, fan consultation meetings all hard work dealing with the people currently running the club.

Where do you want your statue George?

George will be a massive loss and it's a big blow to not only the Trust but the whole of the fan base. A man of integrity and somebody who never forgot that the most important role of anybody on the Trust Commitee is to represent the Trust members and make their voice heard, even when some people dont particularly like the message. The Supporters are the most important people at any football club, without them there isn't a club.
Thanks for everything George, you've put your life on hold for this club, over the last few years in particular.

'Better to live one day as a Lion than a lifetime as a lamb'. You're a Lion George and you could always be relied on to speak up and challenge people if needed and that's a great trait.
[Post edited 25 Sep 10:03]
Login to get fewer ads

Trust chair steps down. on 07:56 - Sep 25 with 5370 viewsblackdogblue

Echoing the above, thanks for steadying the ship through troubled waters and of course, work & family are the most important things in life mate.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Trust chair steps down. on 08:58 - Sep 25 with 5198 viewsdawlishdale

George... I can only echo what others have said. You have done a magnificent job in difficult circumstances and will be a huge loss to the Trust, the supporters and the Main Board of the Football club. I know from personal experience just how time consuming it can be combining Trust issues with work and family duties. Much of the work done by the Trust goes unseen by the vast majority but you have handled things in an highly professional manner during your all too brief spell as Chair.

I'd also like to apologise for my badgering you to become a Trust member a few years ago !!
Trust chair steps down. on 10:50 - Sep 25 with 4990 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust chair steps down. on 08:58 - Sep 25 by dawlishdale

George... I can only echo what others have said. You have done a magnificent job in difficult circumstances and will be a huge loss to the Trust, the supporters and the Main Board of the Football club. I know from personal experience just how time consuming it can be combining Trust issues with work and family duties. Much of the work done by the Trust goes unseen by the vast majority but you have handled things in an highly professional manner during your all too brief spell as Chair.

I'd also like to apologise for my badgering you to become a Trust member a few years ago !!

I've been mulling over the influence that the Trust will have going forward in the new era for a while and I'm wondering if the time has come for a radical shake up. A remodelling with new aims and objectives, a framework that aligns itself with the vision of our new owners and also works hand in hand with the Rochdale AFC Community Trust. Does the Supporters Trust have to run as a separate entity now for example? Everybody singing off the same hymn sheet sounds better to me.

For this to happen it would need input from Cameron, Simon and the Directors, the Community Trust and i think a committee of like minded fans who are willing to embrace a different concept of working, one that will benefit not only the football club and supporters but also the wider community. A group of people that can work together with no agendas and any egos to be left outside the door. The focus being on looking after the football club and making it inclusive to the wider community and other sporting clubs such as Hornets.

I think the Trust in it's present guise as run it's course, it's protected the club in its hour of need but now the landscape has changed and I think the time has now arrived to work collectively rather than a stand alone Supporters Trust. The Trust has been significantly weakened with the departure of George and i think this is as good a time as any to look at the bigger picture going forward and visualise what a new era should look like to attain what we all want, a thriving community club.

I'm not sure what anybody else's view are on this because ive not discussed them.
[Post edited 25 Sep 16:52]
Trust chair steps down. on 11:04 - Sep 25 with 4926 viewsTVOS1907

Thanks for everything you have done George, it hasn't and won't go unnoticed.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trust chair steps down. on 11:11 - Sep 25 with 4875 viewsD_Alien

Trust chair steps down. on 10:50 - Sep 25 by TalkingSutty

I've been mulling over the influence that the Trust will have going forward in the new era for a while and I'm wondering if the time has come for a radical shake up. A remodelling with new aims and objectives, a framework that aligns itself with the vision of our new owners and also works hand in hand with the Rochdale AFC Community Trust. Does the Supporters Trust have to run as a separate entity now for example? Everybody singing off the same hymn sheet sounds better to me.

For this to happen it would need input from Cameron, Simon and the Directors, the Community Trust and i think a committee of like minded fans who are willing to embrace a different concept of working, one that will benefit not only the football club and supporters but also the wider community. A group of people that can work together with no agendas and any egos to be left outside the door. The focus being on looking after the football club and making it inclusive to the wider community and other sporting clubs such as Hornets.

I think the Trust in it's present guise as run it's course, it's protected the club in its hour of need but now the landscape has changed and I think the time has now arrived to work collectively rather than a stand alone Supporters Trust. The Trust has been significantly weakened with the departure of George and i think this is as good a time as any to look at the bigger picture going forward and visualise what a new era should look like to attain what we all want, a thriving community club.

I'm not sure what anybody else's view are on this because ive not discussed them.
[Post edited 25 Sep 16:52]

I think you've really hit on something there TS

No better time for a review of how the Trust should operate in conjunction with the club whilst representing fans interests. The "community" aspect does provide an opportunity for revision, as does the prospect of anyone being able to step forward in the role just vacated. It's possible there's no-one who could do that, with time being the biggest element

Perhaps that's what should happen first, rather than just jumping into a new Chair and hoping the projected Trust meetings achieve what was intended - there's already some issues around that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust chair steps down. on 11:27 - Sep 25 with 4812 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust chair steps down. on 11:11 - Sep 25 by D_Alien

I think you've really hit on something there TS

No better time for a review of how the Trust should operate in conjunction with the club whilst representing fans interests. The "community" aspect does provide an opportunity for revision, as does the prospect of anyone being able to step forward in the role just vacated. It's possible there's no-one who could do that, with time being the biggest element

Perhaps that's what should happen first, rather than just jumping into a new Chair and hoping the projected Trust meetings achieve what was intended - there's already some issues around that

Yes, Q&A sessions, meetings for this and meetings for that are just ways of pacifying people really and I know the Committee do it with good intentions but in reality it's all just lip service. I find it all very patronising and always have done.

We are going to have a Q&A session with the Directors but we're going to submit the questions to them first before we meet them...come on, it's ridiculous isn't it when you're maybe trying to hold people to account on behalf of the people you are representing, the fans. It's a concept that makes it easier for those presenting the questions and easier for those answering them..importantly, there is nobody there who is then willing to challenge the answer. It goes against all logic doesn't it when the person's you are there to question have been giving those questions in advance. I know what i'm talking about when it comes to questions and answers, challenging answers and importantly the NVC/body language of the person giving the answer and you lose all of that with how these meetings are conducted. Let's not forget we've had con men masquerading as Directors very recently, all of them having been given the easy option in respect of these Q&A sessions. The concern has been flagged up in the past. Do the difficult questions even get asked? You would hope so or else we will have learned nothing from recent history when it comes to protecting the club and holding people to account, especially those in the Boardroom. It also fosters a 'us and them' environment which for a club our size is bad. It's why I've resorted to asking my questions face to face because then I know my concerns have been addressed.

Anyway, I've posted what direction I think we need to go in but I'm just one of about 600 Trust members. It's a discussion that needs to be had though and one that i think Cameron Ogden needs to be involved with because it's important.
[Post edited 25 Sep 15:31]
Trust chair steps down. on 11:45 - Sep 25 with 4745 views442Dale

There have been a series of concerns around the meandering nature of aspects of what the Trust do. Not always their own fault, especially when a lot relies on the club, but it’s clear processes and effective, detailed communication remain an issue. The latest postponement in the Fan Engagement schedule, added to a series of delays over the last year, being a perfect (and avoidable) example of this.

The remaining Trust board have to use this time as an opportunity to decide what the future direction is of the Trust and how that fits alongside what is happening at the club.

The AGM is usually held in November, that is also an opportunity for members to have their say too.

Trust chair steps down. on 12:49 - Sep 25 with 4601 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Many people both on here & other mediums spout off about how “that’s crap”, “why didn’t they do this”, “I could do a better job” etc then hide behind their keyboard’s & smartphones. George was not one of them. Well done, we all owe you a debt of gratitude.
Trust chair steps down. on 23:12 - Sep 25 with 4060 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I always remember you standing up to Bottomley and thinking why is this guy giving out so much grief? What has BotBot done ?..........But how right you were, and the rest is history.

Please keep posting on here to give us all a laugh from time to time.

Thank you.
Trust chair steps down. (n/t) on 06:36 - Sep 26 with 3851 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust chair steps down. on 23:12 - Sep 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

I always remember you standing up to Bottomley and thinking why is this guy giving out so much grief? What has BotBot done ?..........But how right you were, and the rest is history.

Please keep posting on here to give us all a laugh from time to time.

Thank you.

[Post edited 26 Sep 6:50]
Trust chair steps down. on 06:41 - Sep 26 with 3826 viewsJames1980

It's a cliche but very true you will be an extremely hard act to follow. Thank you for everything you've done for the club not just in your role as Trust Chairman. I'd go so far to say in the scheme of things you're quite possibly one of the most important people to have been involved with this magnificent club in it's over a century in existence.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Trust chair steps down. on 09:09 - Sep 26 with 3637 viewsfitzochris

I have obviously said all this to George personally, but I, like others, believe gratitude for what he has done both as chair and as a dedicated supporter should be also expressed publicly.

His dedication and tireless efforts have not only benefited the club tremendously but have also left a lasting impact on everyone who has had the privilege of working with him – be it in his capacity as chair or as a supporter with a cause.

On a personal note, the support and kindness he showed me when I was at my lowest ebb will never be forgotten. I’ll always be grateful for the patience and empathy he extended.

His leadership will be greatly missed, but I know the mark he’s left on the Trust will be felt for years to come. His passion as a dedicated supporter will, of course, remain, and be as valued as it always was (if not more).
[Post edited 26 Sep 10:04]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Trust chair steps down. on 14:32 - Sep 26 with 3233 viewsBigKindo

Trust chair steps down. on 09:09 - Sep 26 by fitzochris

I have obviously said all this to George personally, but I, like others, believe gratitude for what he has done both as chair and as a dedicated supporter should be also expressed publicly.

His dedication and tireless efforts have not only benefited the club tremendously but have also left a lasting impact on everyone who has had the privilege of working with him – be it in his capacity as chair or as a supporter with a cause.

On a personal note, the support and kindness he showed me when I was at my lowest ebb will never be forgotten. I’ll always be grateful for the patience and empathy he extended.

His leadership will be greatly missed, but I know the mark he’s left on the Trust will be felt for years to come. His passion as a dedicated supporter will, of course, remain, and be as valued as it always was (if not more).
[Post edited 26 Sep 10:04]

I too have personally contacted George but like you I am now making a public expression of thanks.

Thanks George and good luck for the future.
Trust chair steps down. on 17:15 - Sep 26 with 3056 views1mark1

What an absolute legend George is. Amazing commitment to the Dale cause, especially combined with being a family man and running his own business. Thanks for all you have done in your role in the Trust and as Chair.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Trust chair steps down. on 17:43 - Sep 26 with 3008 viewsnordenblue

Not much to add to what's already been said especially by Fitz, thanks for everything George not sure you'll ever understand how much you've helped so many people, you should be immensely proud as I know it's not been easy from the conversations we've had in the middle of the "storm."

Superb efforts.
Trust chair steps down. on 23:04 - Sep 27 with 2312 viewsR17ALE

Farewell Chair. As I said to you once, this club has a strange habit of throwing up great individuals at the right time for the right reason. The Main Stand is named after one!

You're not in that league though, but you've stepped up at the right time and done a marvelous job. As a fan, thank you.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Trust chair steps down. on 09:49 - Sep 28 with 2044 viewsjudd

Trust chair steps down. on 23:04 - Sep 27 by R17ALE

Farewell Chair. As I said to you once, this club has a strange habit of throwing up great individuals at the right time for the right reason. The Main Stand is named after one!

You're not in that league though, but you've stepped up at the right time and done a marvelous job. As a fan, thank you.

This is how I see it.

https://www.tiktok.com/@5atthebackpod/video/7258183396759719194?lang=en

R17ALE is right to put things into context and even then its' overly grandiose.

Kieran Maguire once said that Rochdale fans will have any wrong uns on toast - the key word in that statement being FANS.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024