Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National League Cup Groups 16:09 - Sep 19 with 13262 viewsdale1968

More Here
https://fanbanter.co.uk/huge-backlash-to-national-league-cup-with-groups-announc

Group A
Brighton & Hove Albion
Fulham
Reading
Southampton
Aldershot Town
Maidenhead United
Wealdstone
Woking

Group B
Blackburn Rovers
Manchester United
Stoke City
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Altrincham
Forest Green Rovers
Oldham Athletic
Rochdale

Group C
Leeds United
Middlesbrough
Newcastle United
Sunderland
Boston United
Gateshead
FC Halifax Town
Tamworth

Group D
Nottingham Forest
Tottenham Hotspur
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
Braintree Town
Dagenham & Redbridge
Ebbsfleet United
Sutton United

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

National League Cup Groups on 06:42 - Oct 2 with 2079 viewsTalkingSutty

National League Cup Groups on 02:35 - Oct 2 by Sandyman

Why did we ever get involved in this debacle? https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/our-position-on-the-national-league-cup/ is as unconvincing as it gets. Should the weather be Rochdaleish it's going to knacker the pitch unnecessarily.

We can watch for free online at home, or for next to nowt admission. Nobody cares how we do in this farce of a competition - it's just pointless, with potential injury risks that don't bare thinking about.

Looks like Shaymen and BIFFO's have voted with their feet, as we no doubt will.

We could show it for free in Ratcliffes which could ironically serve our finances better than attending one of these games if fans can have a few drinks in there whilst the match is being played!

Plain daft.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2:39]

It's a pointless competition. The non league clubs are being used by the big clubs near the top of the pyramid to provide game time to their young/ fringe squad players. They have paid National league clubs money ( not a lot) to legitimise a concocted competition in an attempt to make the games competitive. Many clubs have seen it for what it is and opted out. The big clubs pulled the rug on FA Cup replays and now want to start imposing themselves on National League Clubs to benefit themselves. It needs boycotting, well looking at last night's attendances that's already happening. Most fans won't want to legitimise the competition by attending.
[Post edited 2 Oct 6:43]
National League Cup Groups on 06:44 - Oct 2 with 2068 viewsDale_4_Life

On the face of it zero enthusiasm.

At least there could be fireworks when we play Blackburn!.
National League Cup Groups on 07:01 - Oct 2 with 2053 viewsTalkingSutty

National League Cup Groups on 06:44 - Oct 2 by Dale_4_Life

On the face of it zero enthusiasm.

At least there could be fireworks when we play Blackburn!.

There will have been an acceptance by the clubs hosting the games that very few fans will attend. If given the choice i reckon most clubs would opt to play the games behind closed doors and not bother opening the stadiums and save on the costs and hassle associated with staging the games.
National League Cup Groups on 09:10 - Oct 2 with 1867 viewsDaleaholic

It's free to watch online and I still have absolutely zero interest or intention of watching.

I'm struggling to see the benefit of the competition to us as a club, both on the pitch and financially too.

We as a club opted into this competition so if we accrue injuries, player fatigue or financial difficulties as a result, those who made the decision to enter will be entirely to blame.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

National League Cup Groups on 09:38 - Oct 2 with 1823 viewsTalkingSutty

National League Cup Groups on 09:10 - Oct 2 by Daleaholic

It's free to watch online and I still have absolutely zero interest or intention of watching.

I'm struggling to see the benefit of the competition to us as a club, both on the pitch and financially too.

We as a club opted into this competition so if we accrue injuries, player fatigue or financial difficulties as a result, those who made the decision to enter will be entirely to blame.

The money that the clubs receive for competing in the competition isn't a lot, i did see the figure quoted but can't remember the amount, maybe something like 80k. That's a benefit i suppose but also has to be weighed against staging the games and opening up the stadiums, paying matchday staff etc. Having some sort of competitive games might be a benefit in respect of giving squad and youth team players a game but i suppose that could be achieved by organising behind closed door games against neighbouring clubs which we seem to do anyway. If it was cost effective and the positives outweighed the negatives, then why have quite a few clubs decided not to compete in the competition? McNulty didn't seem in favour of it when he spoke at the last fans forum. Anyway, it's a game of football and some fans will watch it in preference to staying at home and watching television.
[Post edited 2 Oct 9:41]
National League Cup Groups on 09:41 - Oct 2 with 1820 views442Dale

Apparently Halifax’s was a record low for a competitive fixture.

It really needs asking whether we as a club are prepared to put up with the damage to our reputation due to the possibility of “achieving” such an attendance record ourselves.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

National League Cup Groups on 10:07 - Oct 2 with 1736 viewsEllDale

Surely we wouldn’t have a gate lower than that of the Cambridge debacle of 50 years ago?
National League Cup Groups on 10:15 - Oct 2 with 1704 viewsTalkingSutty

National League Cup Groups on 10:07 - Oct 2 by EllDale

Surely we wouldn’t have a gate lower than that of the Cambridge debacle of 50 years ago?

That was a crowd in the 400s, the same sort of crowd that Oldham had at their fixture last night. I'd be surprised if we beat that attendance. It was £1 at Oldham to enter the ground for season ticket holders last night.
[Post edited 2 Oct 10:17]
Login to get fewer ads

National League Cup Groups on 12:27 - Oct 2 with 1577 viewsDalenet

National League Cup Groups on 10:15 - Oct 2 by TalkingSutty

That was a crowd in the 400s, the same sort of crowd that Oldham had at their fixture last night. I'd be surprised if we beat that attendance. It was £1 at Oldham to enter the ground for season ticket holders last night.
[Post edited 2 Oct 10:17]

I might be wrong, but Oldham had the highest gate in this competition last night - and that was below 500. Most had around 200-250. With that level of income it doesn't even pay for the floodlights. But never mond, this is our compensation for agreeing to no cup replays to allow the Premiership clubs to have more tours abroad.
National League Cup Groups on 14:01 - Oct 2 with 1486 viewsKenBoon

Those attendances are still too high. The competition sets a precedent for Premier League 2 sides (as opposed to Premier League sides mostly playing youth players) taking part in a proper football pyramid competition. It looks like a total failure but I am sure they can spin it as a success by bringing in online-streams or social media engagement. Without wanting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, it's a potential first step to include B clubs in 'proper' men's league football.
National League Cup Groups on 14:46 - Oct 2 with 1438 viewsTalkingSutty

National League Cup Groups on 14:01 - Oct 2 by KenBoon

Those attendances are still too high. The competition sets a precedent for Premier League 2 sides (as opposed to Premier League sides mostly playing youth players) taking part in a proper football pyramid competition. It looks like a total failure but I am sure they can spin it as a success by bringing in online-streams or social media engagement. Without wanting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, it's a potential first step to include B clubs in 'proper' men's league football.

..and the frightening thing is, money talks, wave enough money under the noses of the bean counters and they would sell their granny. The fans (paying customers) won't get a say in the matter.
National League Cup Groups on 15:17 - Oct 2 with 1354 views442Dale

It would be interesting to see if the Trust plan to canvass supporters opinions on this, including getting an indication of those who plan to attend.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

National League Cup Groups on 13:56 - Oct 3 with 1013 viewsBarryStrange

National League Cup Groups on 14:01 - Oct 2 by KenBoon

That is 100% what it is. I genuinely can't tell from the pointless marketing drivel spouted, which is a copy and paste from when PL youth teams joined the JPT (but without the flimsy non-existent argument of it benefitting future England players), whether you are supposed to be excited about seeing Stoke City Reserves playing your first team in front of 10% of your usual gate or not.

TBH I am surprised more teams haven't gone the same way as Eastleigh on it, although I will be pretty surprised on the evidence of the early gates whether it survives into a second year.
National League Cup Groups on 21:17 - Oct 3 with 698 viewsrobshaker

really pleased we dont have to put up with this shit and the EFL

get upto national north/NPL and no further and will be happy.
[Post edited 3 Oct 21:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024