Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes sold apparently 16:06 - Aug 24 with 118849 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rumours he's gone to Hearts.
Dykes sold apparently on 10:22 - Aug 27 with 4603 viewsGus_iom

Dykes sold apparently on 10:17 - Aug 27 by PlanetHonneywood

But for that injury before the Euros, it's just our luck that he didn't go and ended up being more Duncan Ferguson than the LD we've known.

Could have seen him go on a rampage against the Germans, bagged a couple along the way, and then someone would come in with a bid of £5m plus add-ons!!!

Anyway, if he goes, good luck fella.

It's also how the payments are staged, I guess, and cash flow.
£1m now, or £1.5m over 3 years?
Dykes sold apparently on 10:25 - Aug 27 with 4496 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dykes sold apparently on 10:10 - Aug 27 by dm97

He’s scored 9 goals or less in the last three seasons. His best goal scoring season for us was 12. This is fair value

**and that’s as the primary penalty taker
[Post edited 27 Aug 10:12]

IF we sell him for £1 million that’s terrible business.
An international forward in his prime with loads of Championship experience still under contract.
And we finally have players in the team who might create more chances for him.
AND we would have to replace him: even a Premier League loan striker would no doubt cost us more than this, let alone buying another forward.
Dykes sold apparently on 10:30 - Aug 27 with 4371 viewscpgerber

It might also be about freeing up wages. He signed a new deal last year, which one would assume was an improved deal (for him). I recall reading that he was now our highest earning player ok 18K a week. That's almost 1m a year.

Of course, no way to verify if that is true.
Dykes sold apparently on 10:45 - Aug 27 with 4049 viewsdaveB

Dykes sold apparently on 10:15 - Aug 27 by hertshoops

Whether £1m, £1.5m, £2m they're all going to be guesses whilst Nourry doesn't disclose anything

Considering Blackburn only got £8m for Szmodics with his goalscoring last season, even £1m for Dykes is ok

yeah not sure what people were expecting, seems a fair price
Dykes sold apparently on 10:48 - Aug 27 with 3970 viewsNorthernr

Dykes sold apparently on 10:25 - Aug 27 by Ned_Kennedys

IF we sell him for £1 million that’s terrible business.
An international forward in his prime with loads of Championship experience still under contract.
And we finally have players in the team who might create more chances for him.
AND we would have to replace him: even a Premier League loan striker would no doubt cost us more than this, let alone buying another forward.

It feels more like we're desperate to shift his wage rather than bothered about getting any transfer fee for him.
Dykes sold apparently on 10:51 - Aug 27 with 3901 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dykes sold apparently on 10:45 - Aug 27 by daveB

yeah not sure what people were expecting, seems a fair price

A fair price?
We would need to replace him or we just have Frey and Celar: an injury or suspension would properly screw us. Your £1 million will get us a Premier Academy kid on loan or an absolute lower European league punt.
Dykes sold apparently on 10:57 - Aug 27 with 3779 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes sold apparently on 10:51 - Aug 27 by Ned_Kennedys

A fair price?
We would need to replace him or we just have Frey and Celar: an injury or suspension would properly screw us. Your £1 million will get us a Premier Academy kid on loan or an absolute lower European league punt.

Have to agree.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes sold apparently on 11:03 - Aug 27 with 3662 viewsLazyFan

Dykes sold apparently on 10:51 - Aug 27 by Ned_Kennedys

A fair price?

We have Kolli as well.

I would suspect it is £1m now and £0.5m - £1m if they go up. Usually, it's silly addons like that. Also, there will be a 20% sell-on as if he scores loads and Brum still doesn't go up (possibly with Roberts and Laird in the squad), some silly Champ club like Millwall will buy him.

It speaks a lot about Dykes when your sitting in the stands next to Chair (a top champ player) in a game you should be playing in but are not because a L1 team have come in for you and your okay with the move.

It also means he thinks his international career is over, as no way would you risk that move if you wanted that to continue. He knows Stewart and Shankland are better than him.

It's a clever move if you know you're not up to it really, and your agent comes along and says, your on £18K p/w at QPR, and I can get you £20K p/w and a £250K signing on bonus and you get to play in big a city stadium so you're not in the middle of nowhere (Boro). Then you will take it as Dykes as shown.

However, there is one fly in the ointment. Dykes, a QPR player, currently has to pass a medical.
So, we shall see him start on Friday then :P

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes sold apparently on 11:06 - Aug 27 with 3602 viewsDoudou87

Says a lot that only a league 1 club have come in for him. Id be very interested to see how he does for them.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Dykes sold apparently on 11:09 - Aug 27 with 3523 viewsSnipper

Boot on the other foot scenario.

If we were rumoured to be buying Scotland’s preferred main striker for 1m, we’d be hoping that we’d wrap the deal up asap.

He only missed out on playing in the recent Euro’s owing to a pre tournament injury.

We’ll rue this if it’s true.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:15 - Aug 27 with 3347 viewsvanrrrr

Did Dykes not sign an extension last year, without which he have been a free agent this summer? He could have easily run down his contract a la Willock

Something is better than nothing and I mark Lyndon as being ok and wish him well if he does go.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:20 - Aug 27 with 3221 viewsBklynRanger

Dare I raise the post on page 2 of this very thread that was the subject of a bit of agro?

Probably not, but £1m feels like cutting him loose to me.

Even if he's agitating for a move (100% speculation on my part) it should be a deal that's good for us.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:24 - Aug 27 with 3110 viewseastside_r

How many days (pages) should go by before the title of this thread is changed to ‘Dykes apparently NOT sold’?
[Post edited 27 Aug 11:24]
Dykes sold apparently on 11:24 - Aug 27 with 3087 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dykes sold apparently on 10:48 - Aug 27 by Northernr

It feels more like we're desperate to shift his wage rather than bothered about getting any transfer fee for him.

Agree, and goes back to what we were saying in the other thread, Clive. Suspect he won't be the last leaving this week. Whatever anyone says about departures, Sky money etc, we likely need to recoup some outlay.

Bare bones.

Dykes sold apparently on 11:27 - Aug 27 with 3041 viewsTK1

I can understand feeling sentimental about Ilias Chair, but Lyndon Dykes? Come on.

He's 29 next month. So if he goes to Brum, and they come up, he'll be 30 in the Championship. Will he have improved bullying L1 defenders in that time?

According to Wiki he's scored 37 goals in 167 games for us, which is a poor return for a number 9 who also takes pens. He's always appeared very game, but has his technique improved in any noticeable way since we re-signed Austen on loan to help him out? I don't think so. He's always looked more of an athlete than a footballer to me.

I think you sell 29 year-olds with that kind of record on big wages for £1 million (Mail reporting it's £1.5 btw) and buy a 22 year-old with potential for a quarter of that price generally. We can cry about the price, but you can only sell for what someone is prepared to pay. Why hang on to a 29 year-old number 9 on a three year dry run otherwise?
Dykes sold apparently on 11:32 - Aug 27 with 2886 viewsQPunkR

Doesn’t matter if he’s Scotland’s number 9 as a) this is Scotland we’re talking about lol and b) they may have actually seen him play for us, in which case £1m is a handsome offer

QPR - "shit but local"

Dykes sold apparently on 11:36 - Aug 27 with 2806 viewsGloucs_R

Dykes sold apparently on 09:53 - Aug 27 by Esox_Lucius

You have fallen into the trap of believing the figure a X poster has made up. It is quite clear that the club no longer release the money involved in transfers. The truth is we don't have a clue how much he will be sold for, or even if he is going to be sold soon.

Our club might not.... Birmingham or his agent may do.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dykes sold apparently on 11:36 - Aug 27 with 2800 viewsDavieQPR

Strange how as soon as we are rumoured to be selling a player he immediately becomes twice as good as he ever was and worth loads more money.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:37 - Aug 27 with 2794 viewsGaryHaddock

Dykes sold apparently on 11:06 - Aug 27 by Doudou87

Says a lot that only a league 1 club have come in for him. Id be very interested to see how he does for them.

It could be a weird position where Millwall (Championship) and Hearts (Scottish Premier) are both being outgunned financially by a League One team rather than an indicator of how desired he is.
[Post edited 27 Aug 11:38]
Dykes sold apparently on 11:37 - Aug 27 with 2775 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dykes sold apparently on 11:24 - Aug 27 by eastside_r

How many days (pages) should go by before the title of this thread is changed to ‘Dykes apparently NOT sold’?
[Post edited 27 Aug 11:24]

Either way, Oasis could not pick a worst day to announce the end of their 15 year hiatus, only to see it knocked it off the world press by the possible departure of Lyndon.

How's your luck Noel?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dykes sold apparently on 11:42 - Aug 27 with 2648 viewsLblock

£1mill to £1.5mill is good by me.

Now we can watch our more Continental players miss open goals.
Hopefully we can replace him with potential and whoever that is I hope they are mobile with PACE!

In Nourry we trust

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dykes sold apparently on 11:43 - Aug 27 with 2634 viewsBAWHoops

Dykes sold apparently on 10:05 - Aug 27 by dm97

Whatever the fee, it’s overdue (as was seeing the back of Willock, Adomah, Kakay etc). We needed a big shake up after the final Warbs year and the decision makers at the time didn’t act. This summer feels like the first time we’ve properly moved on from the core of that side, and I think Nourry deserves credit for seeing that early and acting decisively - whether the replacements work out is another question.

He needs to move on and so do we.

Agree with you about that Warbs team.
After the collapse of 2022 and 2023 it's taken far to long to move on from that team.

The fact that none of them have gone on to do anything better at another club says a lot!!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Dykes sold apparently on 11:47 - Aug 27 with 2537 viewsessextaxiboy

I just cant believe that after Laird, Roberts, Dozzell and Sanderson Birmingham are on the brink of doing it again .
Dykes sold apparently on 11:52 - Aug 27 with 2414 viewsHoopsie

Dykes sold apparently on 11:37 - Aug 27 by GaryHaddock

It could be a weird position where Millwall (Championship) and Hearts (Scottish Premier) are both being outgunned financially by a League One team rather than an indicator of how desired he is.
[Post edited 27 Aug 11:38]

Hearts and Millwall are not exactly desired destinations to be fair. I am guessing the money offered by Birmingham (to both player and our club) is the motivating factor

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Dykes sold apparently on 11:55 - Aug 27 with 2313 viewsNorthernr

Have to say I'm surprised Millwall haven't come back if it's only £1m. They've let Nisbet go back to Scotland, they've only got two strikers and one of those has never played higher than League Two until this year, long term admirers, suits a Harris "system"...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024