Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff 16:18 - Jul 8 with 2611 viewsonehunglow

Going to be a massive house building program nd all limits removed.
That means green belts nationwide are going to be ripped up .
Coming to your town soon.
Green ,not.

The first signs of utter philistines

Here, we have been fighting labours plan to build thousands of home on green belt that has been protected down the years .
Now this mob want to rip it up.

Be worried folks . First signs our green and pleasant land will be raped by this lot .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 16:45 - Jul 8 with 1607 viewsBoundy

I think I read some where that they aim to start building 1.3 million new homes as of the start of their election victory . Hopefully there's enough brown field sites that there wont be a significant impact , but as we've all seen they can build a housing estate literally anywhere.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 17:13 - Jul 8 with 1586 viewsonehunglow

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 16:45 - Jul 8 by Boundy

I think I read some where that they aim to start building 1.3 million new homes as of the start of their election victory . Hopefully there's enough brown field sites that there wont be a significant impact , but as we've all seen they can build a housing estate literally anywhere.

Here ,there will be murder.
Many beautiful open green land sites will fall to plan to build houses .
They will not be “ affordable” first homes either .
It will mean brown envelopes continue
Also,they’ve knocked back for five years the ending of diesel and petrol cars . Not very green .

They also plan to tear up many energy based jobs in Scotland

Yeah baby ,the party of the workers .

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 17:32 - Jul 8 with 1582 viewsDr_Winston

UK planning regulations are ludicrously complex and archaic, playing into the hands of NIMBY's all over the country. Stuff like this is the reason why the French can knock up HS2's on a regular basis in a fraction of the time and cost.

They badly need looking at, even if this means a few green belts get tightened.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 17:42 - Jul 8 with 1575 viewsYrAlarch

There are green belts and green belts. Believe me they will not be acting like philistines.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 18:07 - Jul 8 with 1563 viewsFlashberryjack

Plant trees in Uganda, chop down trees and build houses in the UK, great thinking.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 18:29 - Jul 8 with 1544 viewsWhiterockin

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 18:07 - Jul 8 by Flashberryjack

Plant trees in Uganda, chop down trees and build houses in the UK, great thinking.

What percentage will be guaranteed social housing?
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 19:20 - Jul 8 with 1489 viewsScotia

Well planning is devolved. It'll be interesting to see what happens in Wales after this announcement.

Drakeford made building anything, anywhere much more difficult even than in England. This be a test for who is really in charge of the Senedd, Gething or Starmer.

The problem will be is the interaction between planning and other legislation. This won't be easy.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:06 - Jul 8 with 1342 viewsFlashberryjack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 19:20 - Jul 8 by Scotia

Well planning is devolved. It'll be interesting to see what happens in Wales after this announcement.

Drakeford made building anything, anywhere much more difficult even than in England. This be a test for who is really in charge of the Senedd, Gething or Starmer.

The problem will be is the interaction between planning and other legislation. This won't be easy.

Gethin will be Starmer's snivelling welsh bitch.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:18 - Jul 8 with 1317 viewsBoundy

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 18:07 - Jul 8 by Flashberryjack

If not then where will our overseas "visitors " live

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:46 - Jul 8 with 1295 viewsraynor94

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:06 - Jul 8 by Flashberryjack

He's a sycophantic stooge, anything for power

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:51 - Jul 8 with 1283 viewsmajorraglan

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 16:45 - Jul 8 by Boundy

There’s going to have to be some give and take, but brownfield sites should be prioritised over greenfield sites, the government should incentivise the redevelopment of brownfield sites as the priority.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:59 - Jul 8 with 1267 viewsmajorraglan

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 18:29 - Jul 8 by Whiterockin

What percentage will be guaranteed social housing?

Good point. On a lot of estates these days the developers don’t finish the back garden and when they say the houses in there isn’t always space to get a barrow through to do the garden. In terms of the social housing, I’d insist the gardens are completed and lawned and I’d also insist that the tenants are responsible for keeping the gardens tidy - or they risk losing their tenancy.

There’s plenty of chavmungus out there who allow their gardens to become overgrown, have no pride etc etc and bring the appearance of the area down. If they can’t respect what they’re given and the privilege of having a cost effective housing option provided to them, then they should be outski and they’re buttski.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 23:08 - Jul 8 with 1259 viewsraynor94

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:59 - Jul 8 by majorraglan

Good point. On a lot of estates these days the developers don’t finish the back garden and when they say the houses in there isn’t always space to get a barrow through to do the garden. In terms of the social housing, I’d insist the gardens are completed and lawned and I’d also insist that the tenants are responsible for keeping the gardens tidy - or they risk losing their tenancy.

There’s plenty of chavmungus out there who allow their gardens to become overgrown, have no pride etc etc and bring the appearance of the area down. If they can’t respect what they’re given and the privilege of having a cost effective housing option provided to them, then they should be outski and they’re buttski.

Great Post, 100% agree with your last paragraph

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 23:24 - Jul 8 with 1235 viewsBoundy

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 23:08 - Jul 8 by raynor94

Great Post, 100% agree with your last paragraph

I live in a mixed estate of social and private housing and I remember years ago the housing officers would visit each year to see if the tenants were abiding with their tenancy agreements in regards the upkeep of the property which in the main helped keep the estate in a decent condition but nowadays that doesn't seem to happen and the outcome now is to put it frankly a disgrace , how anyone can ignore the rubbish, uncut lawns overgrown hedges etc is beyond comprehension.

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 08:12 - Jul 9 with 1142 viewsonehunglow

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:51 - Jul 8 by majorraglan

There’s going to have to be some give and take, but brownfield sites should be prioritised over greenfield sites, the government should incentivise the redevelopment of brownfield sites as the priority.

We have millions of brown field sites .
No need to ruin our land.
Build houses there then people have nowhere to breathe clean air and children have open spaces

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 08:20 - Jul 9 with 1121 viewsBoundy

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 22:06 - Jul 8 by Flashberryjack

He isn't Welsh

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 08:52 - Jul 9 with 1106 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 17:32 - Jul 8 by Dr_Winston

UK planning regulations are ludicrously complex and archaic, playing into the hands of NIMBY's all over the country. Stuff like this is the reason why the French can knock up HS2's on a regular basis in a fraction of the time and cost.

They badly need looking at, even if this means a few green belts get tightened.

Does help that France is twice the size and has half the population density of the UK.

England has four times the population density of France. This means France can build their high speed lines through sparsely populated areas quickly.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 10:28 - Jul 9 with 1060 viewscontroversial_jack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 23:24 - Jul 8 by Boundy

I live in a mixed estate of social and private housing and I remember years ago the housing officers would visit each year to see if the tenants were abiding with their tenancy agreements in regards the upkeep of the property which in the main helped keep the estate in a decent condition but nowadays that doesn't seem to happen and the outcome now is to put it frankly a disgrace , how anyone can ignore the rubbish, uncut lawns overgrown hedges etc is beyond comprehension.

Yes it does happen, especially with Tai Tarian, they visit regularly.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 11:17 - Jul 9 with 1045 viewsGwyn737

Here's an explanation of the policy - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c6p2gj55vgxo

Looks realy good to me on the surface and certainly not ripping through green belts.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 11:47 - Jul 9 with 1009 viewsBoundy

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 10:28 - Jul 9 by controversial_jack

I can assure you it doesn't by Swansea Council certainly where I live .

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 12:31 - Jul 9 with 986 viewsfelixstowe_jack

We have 1 empty million houses in the UK which have bern empty for over a year. This is the area we should be investing in. Compulsory purchase these houses and renovate them.
Far cheaper and quicker than building new houses.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 12:49 - Jul 9 with 957 viewsmajorraglan

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 12:31 - Jul 9 by felixstowe_jack

We have 1 empty million houses in the UK which have bern empty for over a year. This is the area we should be investing in. Compulsory purchase these houses and renovate them.

The problem is some of these will be in places lots of people won’t want to live, areas blighted by crime, poor schools etc so there needs to be a more holistic approach, but I agree with your sentiments - we should be making every effort to ensure houses are returned to use.
Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 13:16 - Jul 9 with 923 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 12:31 - Jul 9 by felixstowe_jack

Yes agree, I'd also like to know how many houses we are short, is it 1,2,3 or 5 Million?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 13:20 - Jul 9 with 908 viewsFlashberryjack

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 10:28 - Jul 9 by controversial_jack

Now that is absolute bollox, Tai Tarian are by far the worst housing association in Wales, known fact.

Hello

Housing news from Labour. Great stuff on 13:24 - Jul 9 with 905 viewsonehunglow

NIMBY
We are all NIMBY
It’s about when

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024