Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! 08:43 - Jun 26 with 758 viewsTheOldOakTree

Somewhere nice for our first away game please!

Something to look forward to!
Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 09:04 - Jun 26 with 731 viewsTheOldOakTree

AFC Wimbledon 10th August!

Not sure what we have done to deserve two home games at Christmas!

Last game at home to Barrow!!!!! That already screams 6-pointer. Hope it's not a joint wake.
[Post edited 26 Jun 9:12]
Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 09:23 - Jun 26 with 702 viewsTheOldOakTree

Normally, we go into the season in a play-off spot, but this year, alphabetically, we are in 9th place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table

It's the ABC league this year!
Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 09:34 - Jun 26 with 692 viewsdurham_exile

Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 09:04 - Jun 26 by TheOldOakTree

AFC Wimbledon 10th August!

Not sure what we have done to deserve two home games at Christmas!

Last game at home to Barrow!!!!! That already screams 6-pointer. Hope it's not a joint wake.
[Post edited 26 Jun 9:12]

TOOT keep the faith. Top seven finish this season!

We wait to see which of our 22 games are live on SKY.

Gerry - ChezVegas on Tuesday 22 October

Papa's on the Pier on Saturday 23 November for the Grimsby game.

Meadow Lane Saturday 7 December

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 09:48 - Jun 26 with 682 viewswessex_exile

Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 09:34 - Jun 26 by durham_exile

TOOT keep the faith. Top seven finish this season!

We wait to see which of our 22 games are live on SKY.

Gerry - ChezVegas on Tuesday 22 October

Papa's on the Pier on Saturday 23 November for the Grimsby game.

Meadow Lane Saturday 7 December

Up the U's

Good opener for the season, should be a decent turnout for that one. Having waited literally years for Chesterfield to be back in the same league as the U’s, me and my mate Craig aren’t happy that both fixtures are Tuesday nights.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 13:28 - Jun 26 with 632 viewsTheOldOakTree

Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 09:48 - Jun 26 by wessex_exile

Good opener for the season, should be a decent turnout for that one. Having waited literally years for Chesterfield to be back in the same league as the U’s, me and my mate Craig aren’t happy that both fixtures are Tuesday nights.

I don't know how it works, but I imagine that the involvement of Sky Sports might mean that other games end up moving from 3pm Saturday?
Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 23:30 - Jun 26 with 584 viewsdurham_exile

Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 13:28 - Jun 26 by TheOldOakTree

I don't know how it works, but I imagine that the involvement of Sky Sports might mean that other games end up moving from 3pm Saturday?

TOOT the following hopefully makes sense of it.

Blackburn vs Derby and Preston vs Sheffield United will headline the start of a new era on Sky Sports with every game of the opening weekend in the EFL available on the newly-launched Sky Sports+.

The season begins with four games on Friday August 9 and every opening weekend game across the Championship, League One and League Two will be streamed live on Sky Sports+, a landmark first in broadcasting history.

The opening weekend fixtures include Leeds vs Portsmouth in the Championship, Wrexham vs Wycombe and Birmingham vs Reading in League One, and Chesterfield vs Swindon Town in League Two.

Across the course of the season, more than 1,000 EFL games will be broadcast on Sky Sports+ with every team featuring more than 20 times, at no extra cost to Sky Sports subscribers.

Wimbledon v Colchester will be on Sky Sports + on the Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 11:38 - Jun 27 with 508 viewsTheOldOakTree

Home to Reading in the Cup.
Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 23:05 - Jun 27 with 453 viewsdurham_exile

Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 11:38 - Jun 27 by TheOldOakTree

Home to Reading in the Cup.

A winnable fixture.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 07:44 - Jun 28 with 433 viewsnoah4x4

So is I-Follow dead?

No broadcast experience is the same as attending a live game, and I attend home and away. But I miss perhaps four games per season due to the overlap with cricket. Unless I am Ill, I don’t ever pay for I-Follow live as typically no games are broadcast on a Saturday.

However, I do pay the monthly I-Follow subscription for the post-Match live stream so I can catch up next day. But if every game is televised on Sky, I don’t plan to pay twice. I already pay the robber barons at Sky ridiculous monthly subscription.

It begs the questions, how much will clubs lose if I-Follow folds? Will those that currently depend on I-Follow to a greater extent then be forced to commit to Sky or attend more live games? What then happens when Sky doesn’t renew the contract because viewer numbers are low as most subscribers are watching Premier League broadcasts?

Frankly, moving some games to a Sunday for broadcast would suit me if it prevents the overlap with cricket. But the earlier comment that it won’t cost existing Sky customers more is bollox. Every year they ratchet up my subscription and I end up negotiating with them. There are viable alternatives (EE TV, NowTV) depending upon your TV and router provider. I am still in Sky contract, but having switched router from BT to EE, will be looking hard at EE TV if I can access the same Sky Sports Channels at lower cost. Frankly, I really don’t know why Sky rips off its existing subscribers then sells its packages through others at a greater discount. But shopping around for TV footie seems to make sense.
Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:29 - Jun 28 with 403 viewswessex_exile

Never mind England - It's Fixtures Day!!!!!!!!!!!! on 07:44 - Jun 28 by noah4x4

So is I-Follow dead?

No broadcast experience is the same as attending a live game, and I attend home and away. But I miss perhaps four games per season due to the overlap with cricket. Unless I am Ill, I don’t ever pay for I-Follow live as typically no games are broadcast on a Saturday.

However, I do pay the monthly I-Follow subscription for the post-Match live stream so I can catch up next day. But if every game is televised on Sky, I don’t plan to pay twice. I already pay the robber barons at Sky ridiculous monthly subscription.

It begs the questions, how much will clubs lose if I-Follow folds? Will those that currently depend on I-Follow to a greater extent then be forced to commit to Sky or attend more live games? What then happens when Sky doesn’t renew the contract because viewer numbers are low as most subscribers are watching Premier League broadcasts?

Frankly, moving some games to a Sunday for broadcast would suit me if it prevents the overlap with cricket. But the earlier comment that it won’t cost existing Sky customers more is bollox. Every year they ratchet up my subscription and I end up negotiating with them. There are viable alternatives (EE TV, NowTV) depending upon your TV and router provider. I am still in Sky contract, but having switched router from BT to EE, will be looking hard at EE TV if I can access the same Sky Sports Channels at lower cost. Frankly, I really don’t know why Sky rips off its existing subscribers then sells its packages through others at a greater discount. But shopping around for TV footie seems to make sense.

No, I'm pretty certain that iFollow will still be a thing next season, presumably just via Sky as the service provider. I had an e-mail earlier this month from EFL Digital confirming that subscriptions will still be available for matchday commentary, exclusive club videos etc., (and I assume live streams for midweek games not covered by Sky themselves, and all games for overseas U's).

They advised that everyone is going to have to resubscribe because the service provider is changing. That will also mean a new password too - apparently, try and log-in with your current username and password, then follow the instructions from there.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024