Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum 15:02 - Apr 21 with 3217 viewsmart_Goblin

Was pondering , that would Ainsworth’s job be safer if we went down rather than actually staying up?
I wonder if the owners have seen enough of him in this division to maybe suggest that they could do better ? Whereas he is proven in League 1 and would probably have a better knowledge of what E might need rather than preparing for another season in the championship.

Obviously depends on DOF plus many other factors .

Just occurred to me that potentially we could have a situation where the manager benefits from failure .
Can’t wait to stop thinking about relegation whether we survive or not
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 15:03 - Apr 21 with 3205 viewsdaveB

If we go down he should go but I imagine the club will give him a chance and he'll be gone by Christmas instead
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:07 - Apr 21 with 3030 viewsJuzzie

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 15:03 - Apr 21 by daveB

If we go down he should go but I imagine the club will give him a chance and he'll be gone by Christmas instead

20 odd years ago 'Ollie came in around the same time as Ainsworth and couldn't stop us dropping into the third tier. He wasn't sacked, why should Ainsworth be?
We live in a "he has to go" culture.

If we do end up going down, let Ainsworth build a team in the same way 'Ollie did.
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:14 - Apr 21 with 2964 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:07 - Apr 21 by Juzzie

20 odd years ago 'Ollie came in around the same time as Ainsworth and couldn't stop us dropping into the third tier. He wasn't sacked, why should Ainsworth be?

If we do end up going down, let Ainsworth build a team in the same way 'Ollie did.

Why should Ainsworth be sacked for being relegated when he took over with us 8 points outside the relegation zone and only 10 points from the playoffs? I'm sick and tired of sacking managers and sacking Critchley got us absolutely nowhere but that's a turn of phrase inviting an avalanche Juzzie!
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:22 - Apr 21 with 2922 viewsgolborne

you obviously don't remember how painful those 3 years were. watching the sort of football this gosh!te delivers. build a team - martin would be his first signing given the chance.
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:30 - Apr 21 with 2890 viewsQPR_Hibs

I can't imagine that a football club (even one as inept as QPR) wouldn't have built the "what if we go down" scenario into the managerial discussion when GA was appointed.
Ainsworth would have been asking for assurances too, I would have thought.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:32 - Apr 21 with 2886 viewsQPR_Hibs

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:22 - Apr 21 by golborne

you obviously don't remember how painful those 3 years were. watching the sort of football this gosh!te delivers. build a team - martin would be his first signing given the chance.

If you could choose between playing attractive football and getting results, which would you go for?
Obviously we have neither at the moment.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:40 - Apr 21 with 2845 viewsToast_R

I know its a pointless statement but Neil Warnock would have had us mid table by now looking forward to next season if he'd been appointed at the same point as GA. Its all about the man management with us.

It really all depends on the ins and outs in the summer. The less big time Charlies we have on the books the better it is for GA.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 16:42]
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:42 - Apr 21 with 2833 viewsQPR_John

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:32 - Apr 21 by QPR_Hibs

If you could choose between playing attractive football and getting results, which would you go for?

Getting results for me. When we scored against Norwich how many people thought they’d like the ref to whistle for full time.
Login to get fewer ads

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:43 - Apr 21 with 2827 viewsibnumber10

If we do go with GA then we surely won’t be producing any ball playing midfielder types to sell on, which I thought was the current strategy (not sure that’s actually happening though). So that also brings into question the academy/ development setup. Player acquisition will be more more effort players from lower leagues, and less of a footballing approach, so in terms of producing another Eze that ship would have sailed, and it’s likely we won’t see another Chair or Willock for a long time. Is it actually worth having an academy set up going forwards?
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:43 - Apr 21 with 2821 viewsNov77

they're not mutually exclusive, and the better the quality of football you play the more chance you have of winning games. That was true of this same set of players earlier in the season.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:46 - Apr 21 with 2792 viewsJuzzie

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:22 - Apr 21 by golborne

Despite having already been watching QPR for 15 odd seasons, when we got relegated that was then the first season I got a season ticket which stayed with me for another 15 years or so.

So, yes, I do remember!
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:51 - Apr 21 with 2743 viewsNov77

Ollie had players who were playing at least one division below their level, like cook, rowlands, furlong, Gallen etc some of them were die hard rangers fans too. Not going to happen this time.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 17:12 - Apr 21 with 2653 viewsJuzzie

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 16:51 - Apr 21 by Nov77

Ollie had players who were playing at least one division below their level, like cook, rowlands, furlong, Gallen etc some of them were die hard rangers fans too. Not going to happen this time.

In the first season we only had Gallen out of those names you mentioned.
The others, plus Bircham, all followed over the next season or two. It wasn't like they all turned up at the beginning all at the same time so it all took time over a few seasons and as we tried to build on our position season upon season.

But yes, that scenario isn't going to happen again.
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 17:22 - Apr 21 with 2623 viewsdaveB

Different situation. We were 4th bottom when Holloway came in and just lost 5-0 at Wimbledon, was a mess. We had a few decent performances bit of fight but miles short so he got a chance.

This scenario is so different coming in with the team 8 clear, see 2 teams get a points deduction and still go down.. Nothing to do with a he has to go culture at all. I'm usually the last person to suggest that
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 17:24 - Apr 21 with 2617 viewsAntti_Heinola

People always give this choice.
How many teams play really lovely football but lose every week?

At worst, entertaining teams can be mid-table. Teams at the bottom are usually playing the worst football. I just don't see it as an either/or.

Bare bones.

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 17:30 - Apr 21 with 2602 viewsDannyPaddox

Proper Ainsworth conundrum.
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 17:41 - Apr 21 with 2530 viewsstainrods_elbow

And if so, I guess he'll just be added to the escalating, but of course never publicised, club bill for paying off all their failed appointments. We're probably still playing Critchley and even Ollie, I shouldn't wonder.

Clown car!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 17:51 - Apr 21 with 2527 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Gotta go, regardless of where we finish. God awful football, basic 4-4-2 hump it to two big men while he talks about desire and passion; all set to continue under him.
Ask any AFC Wimbledon fan what they thought of him Wycombe teams. Grim.
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 18:01 - Apr 21 with 2506 viewsaston_hoop

So a couple of things I think need to be considered. At Wycombe he came into a bad side struggling in League 2, ultimately nearly took them out of the football league. He was given time because they were skint, he eventually got them playing and did a fantastic job. But this was after years and all on his own terms. So the question for me is, are you willing to accept that? If we just about stay up in League 1 next season playing horrendous agricultural football with a team of Dom Balls (a player who has bizzarely got so much better since he left us! He wouldn't have played with the form of Sam Field this season!), would you be willing to keep him on and give him the years he might need? Do you even think QPR fans expectations are the same as Wycombe fans?

If not, then probably its better he goes. Its better we try and get back to the model we were trying with Beale. If you're fine with that, then back him.

My own opinion on that? I think Les and him both go in the summer and we start again whatever division we are in.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 18:03]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 18:06 - Apr 21 with 2488 viewsSimonJames

I guess it partly depends on who we end with as a DoF, or if there is even one at all.

100% of people who drink water will die.

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 18:06 - Apr 21 with 2488 viewsPhilmyRs

Any other manager and they’d be in serious danger of losing their job. Playing ugly football and winning games can keep you in a job but playing ugly and losing and getting hammered by teams at the bottom of the table is something totally different. I don’t think he should ever of been appointed and it was a disastrous decision to do so. Those responsible should get some deserved grief for it.
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 18:13 - Apr 21 with 2462 viewsLogman

I don't know what's more depressing, our results/performances since October or the trial by message board forum of G. Ainsworth (1/05/1973 - Present).

Actually I do, and it's not the lack of points on the board, goals conceded or lack of firepower.

How about we just get behind GA and try to help to achieve what is best for the club rather than digging further nails into the coffin ?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 18:14]
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:31 - Apr 21 with 2396 viewstraininvain

The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 17:22 - Apr 21 by daveB

Different situation. We were 4th bottom when Holloway came in and just lost 5-0 at Wimbledon, was a mess. We had a few decent performances bit of fight but miles short so he got a chance.

This scenario is so different coming in with the team 8 clear, see 2 teams get a points deduction and still go down.. Nothing to do with a he has to go culture at all. I'm usually the last person to suggest that

The problem is that we have a manager who is splitting opinion quite heavily amongst supporters which can’t be a good thing. What usually happens next is that those who don’t like the football will stop going to games and attendances will drop off.

Doubt I’ll go to many games next season if Ainsworth remains in charge churning out performances like what we’ve seen so far. Maybe I’m a fake fan but life’s too short to be watching what we’ve seen over the past couple of months week in week out for a whole season.

[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 18:40]
The Ainsworth/ Relegation conundrum on 19:45 - Apr 21 with 2258 viewsRangersDave

the saying 'you cant make a silk purse from a pigs ear' springs to mind.

This team was fcuk'd , disinterested, lazy, faked crooked, gash, etc etc, way before Gareth turned up.

No conundrum here. Rangers players havnt been at any game since Mid way through 'fat boys' reign.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024