Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sick of the injuries 21:26 - Feb 11 with 2639 viewsmart_Goblin

What is going on with all the constant injuries.
Willock has been covered already this evening but the Clarke-Salter one annoyed me just as much when I heard at 2pm today. Are they really constantly injured or have some of them thrown the towel in here?
And as for Taylor Richards now being injured??? How can that be ?
What’s the point?
Sick of the injuries on 21:39 - Feb 11 with 2538 viewsbosh67

It is a big big problem. A squad full of players that can't play two games in a row or any. We can shout at Critchley all we want but this is now 7 first team players with sick notes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sick of the injuries on 22:06 - Feb 11 with 2442 viewsbosh67

I think some of the scouting has to be questioned. It's like we watch Holby City on a Saturday night and think, that bloke on a stretcher with an axe in his head, he looks decent.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sick of the injuries on 22:15 - Feb 11 with 2372 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sick of the injuries on 22:06 - Feb 11 by bosh67

I think some of the scouting has to be questioned. It's like we watch Holby City on a Saturday night and think, that bloke on a stretcher with an axe in his head, he looks decent.

It's getting to a point now where the manager, the DoF, the medical team or anyone should be putting out a statement to the fans to say exactly what these injuries are that are affecting them all, what the expectations are as to when they will be fit, and why it is so difficult to get any of them playing. I also find it really annoying that when Critchley is asked for detail about Roberts and Richards, he just flip flops in his answers and can't even confirm clearly that it's a muscle problem or whatever. All of it just contributes to this feeling that no one really gives a serious sh*t or is scrutinising anything professionally. Roberts was supposed to be back in the squad today, we're told, and then he wasn't. Richards, the manager hopes, may play a part for us - this season!!! How can Willock train, be fit enough to make the bench, then pull up a minute or two after coming on? In the midst of life we really are in death etc!

Truly, madly, deeply - only at QPR!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 22:17]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Sick of the injuries on 22:21 - Feb 11 with 2360 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I just wrote on the Willock thread asking if we are now suffering the fallout of players being rushed back at the beginning of the season. Everyone injured now also had limited pre season, and were rushed back.
I recall Beale getting frustrated with the club doctor due to the injuries. Did he put pressure on the medical team to get them back early?
Sick of the injuries on 22:23 - Feb 11 with 2338 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sick of the injuries on 22:15 - Feb 11 by stainrods_elbow

It's getting to a point now where the manager, the DoF, the medical team or anyone should be putting out a statement to the fans to say exactly what these injuries are that are affecting them all, what the expectations are as to when they will be fit, and why it is so difficult to get any of them playing. I also find it really annoying that when Critchley is asked for detail about Roberts and Richards, he just flip flops in his answers and can't even confirm clearly that it's a muscle problem or whatever. All of it just contributes to this feeling that no one really gives a serious sh*t or is scrutinising anything professionally. Roberts was supposed to be back in the squad today, we're told, and then he wasn't. Richards, the manager hopes, may play a part for us - this season!!! How can Willock train, be fit enough to make the bench, then pull up a minute or two after coming on? In the midst of life we really are in death etc!

Truly, madly, deeply - only at QPR!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 22:17]

Back in the day it was so much easier with injuries - smaller squads, so nowhere to hide. Mostly you saw when players got crocked on the pitch, unless it was a training ground incident or an accident at home with a salad jar. I would be surprised if there was a more pathetic bunch for minor knocks as we have at the moment anywhere in the country - it's long gone beyond a joke. Credit to the likes of Ilias who are out there every week. Some of the others need to be questioning their choice of profession - to be a footballer means you have a basic level of fitness, surely?
Sick of the injuries on 22:48 - Feb 11 with 2294 viewscolinallcars

In my mind's eye, I can see the old programmes. It seemed to be the same team every week - Drinkwater, Woods, Ingham, Petchey, Rutter, Angel etc. no one seemed to get injured. People say current players cover more ground - wingbacks, forwards tracking back and so on.
However the old players played the whole 90 mins - no subs then. Sometimes players would play on with injuries.
You could knock our current team down with a feather.
Sick of the injuries on 22:56 - Feb 11 with 2258 viewsloftus77

And also, we can't use the 'Saturday-Tuesday' excuse here either. I can't remember a longer period of no midweek games for us - 3/4 weeks, is it now thanks to our exploits at Fleetwood and related Cup misdemeanors?

Whatever is going wrong with injuries, it's certainly not fixture congestion...
Sick of the injuries on 23:52 - Feb 11 with 2136 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sick of the injuries on 22:48 - Feb 11 by colinallcars

In my mind's eye, I can see the old programmes. It seemed to be the same team every week - Drinkwater, Woods, Ingham, Petchey, Rutter, Angel etc. no one seemed to get injured. People say current players cover more ground - wingbacks, forwards tracking back and so on.
However the old players played the whole 90 mins - no subs then. Sometimes players would play on with injuries.
You could knock our current team down with a feather.

They did get knocks and injuries, of course, but, as Simon Stainrod (and now his Elbow) has explained, they played on as far as possible, unless it was a broken limb or somesuch, which also bred character and togetherness. There were actually no substitutes in the pro game till 1958! And, as I've also highlighted the game was played on terrible pitches, with thuggery baked in, and playing at least as many games are played now, if not more. The product is now sickeningly and cynically diluted in front of captive, exploited and sometimes brutalised/manslaughtered audiences.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Login to get fewer ads

Sick of the injuries on 23:57 - Feb 11 with 2137 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It’s that old adage really isn’t it.

If Willock wasn’t injury prone he probably wouldn’t be here.
Sick of the injuries on 00:01 - Feb 12 with 2122 viewsTacticalR

Should we perhaps mount a fan protest against injuries? I am completely against them.

Air hostess clique

Sick of the injuries on 00:04 - Feb 12 with 2107 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sick of the injuries on 23:57 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s that old adage really isn’t it.

If Willock wasn’t injury prone he probably wouldn’t be here.

Sorry B but that's another myth I don't subscribe to.

With respect to Willock, he had a pretty good fitness record until the second half of last season. Since then QPR just can't get him right.

On a more general note, there are a clutch of clubs in our division with a similar budget who are fishing from the same pool. It's only at QPR that we think our medical team are capable of healing the sick. It's time that the board stop signing Matthew Rose types.
Sick of the injuries on 08:56 - Feb 12 with 1917 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sick of the injuries on 22:21 - Feb 11 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I just wrote on the Willock thread asking if we are now suffering the fallout of players being rushed back at the beginning of the season. Everyone injured now also had limited pre season, and were rushed back.
I recall Beale getting frustrated with the club doctor due to the injuries. Did he put pressure on the medical team to get them back early?

As somebody else posted on an another thread, I doubt we’d have this many players unable to play if we were still top of the league. Sums it up perfectly for me.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sick of the injuries on 09:48 - Feb 12 with 1820 viewsR_from_afar

It’s impossible to be sure but it feels to me like some players might be hiding. No one is in form, the squad lacks quality in depth, we are on a terrible run and confidence has evaporated. I believe some players are spooked by that, not that I am saying it’s acceptable to hide.

Perhaps Critchley should get the media department to mock up a tabloid newspaper with the heading: “From top to bottom: Record breaking slides sees QPR go from top of the league to relegation in n games”. The sub-heading should name the first choice squad.

We need everyone putting in 100% and fighting tooth and nail to turn this round; some players are doing their best but others are deadweight at the moment. Perhaps that mocked up newspaper article would bring home to them the ignominious legacy they are currently threatening to build for the club, the fans and themselves.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sick of the injuries on 09:52 - Feb 12 with 1803 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Many salient points have been raised here, but nothing I haven't read over the last God knows how many years.

It's the only thing that matches 'Mrs Brown's Boys' for its unfunniness and longevity. It's pathetic.

Of the many self-inflicted problems this club has heaped upon itself since Chris Wright arrived, is the spectacular failure to address the shockingly poor medical/physical management of players. It's been as constant a factor as poor decision-making from the boardroom.

I've said it repeatedly and countless others have too: the problems start with recruiting. Firstly, we need to stop being a refuge for malingerers.

Then there is our penchant for believing we can turn crocks into athletes capable of Barbet style appearance stats. There is no fcuking point constantly signing the likes of Amos, Owen, Ramkilde, JCS etc. in our financial position, when we've clearly got a poor medical set-up. We're not suddenly going to be able to turn them into gold, as has been more than evidenced of late.

Either the medical/physios are not up to it and/or, they are being ignored. Whatever the explanation, shelling out for a fancy new training facility is a waste if we've not got the proper procedures and personnel in place to make things work, and having blokes fit to play should be a priority.

Out of interest, what are the injury stats like for our youth/reserve ranks? Because if they're OK, then it really does smack of some feigning it, and that's an even bigger worry.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sick of the injuries on 11:04 - Feb 12 with 1691 viewsKerryE

Sick of the injuries on 23:52 - Feb 11 by stainrods_elbow

They did get knocks and injuries, of course, but, as Simon Stainrod (and now his Elbow) has explained, they played on as far as possible, unless it was a broken limb or somesuch, which also bred character and togetherness. There were actually no substitutes in the pro game till 1958! And, as I've also highlighted the game was played on terrible pitches, with thuggery baked in, and playing at least as many games are played now, if not more. The product is now sickeningly and cynically diluted in front of captive, exploited and sometimes brutalised/manslaughtered audiences.

And don't forget that in the old days players would be injected so they could play through injuries.
But apparently this still goes on
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/football-indepth/playing-pain-injuries-depres
Sick of the injuries on 11:40 - Feb 12 with 1650 viewsQPunkR

To be fair, it's pretty much been the Club's game plan to sign players with suspect injury records that most others wouldn't take a chance on. That's exactly how we came by Austin the first time, with his great goalscoring record but allegedly dodgy shoulder.

We weren't complaining when we were winning (remember those times fondly) but now all the dodgy players are out with injury we're aghast. The only one I'm more annoyed at is Willock, definitely seems a mental thing with him

QPR - "shit but local"

Sick of the injuries on 12:11 - Feb 12 with 1589 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sick of the injuries on 11:40 - Feb 12 by QPunkR

To be fair, it's pretty much been the Club's game plan to sign players with suspect injury records that most others wouldn't take a chance on. That's exactly how we came by Austin the first time, with his great goalscoring record but allegedly dodgy shoulder.

We weren't complaining when we were winning (remember those times fondly) but now all the dodgy players are out with injury we're aghast. The only one I'm more annoyed at is Willock, definitely seems a mental thing with him

It's as a result of the phish poor running of the club, that we're in this predicament of buying pigs' ears in the hope of making silk purses.

But taking issue with your point about there being no complaints when we were winning ignores the fact that many still highlighted the danger in signing so many players with poor injury records. So, yes, when we were winning there were no complaints as the players were playing. However, given the somewhat brittle nature of many, it then comes as no surprise when their injuries resurface, and we start losing as a consequence of their absences.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sick of the injuries on 13:07 - Feb 12 with 1490 viewsBakes

To think the club didn’t offer Barbet a new deal and replaced him with Jake Glass-Salter makes me angry Barbet wanted to stay but he was Warbs man so once again the snake was able to bring in one his “men” who turns out is made from paper mache.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 13:09]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024