Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP - Break it down for me 10:10 - Jan 29 with 6363 viewsMonkey_Roots

I know we’re restricted by FFP, and I know what led us to this point, but I don’t know the ins and outs.

Can someone who knows break it all down - what it means now, and what consequences it has for the future, and what puts it right.

I’ve been pretty ignorant when it comes to the running of the club, to be honest, and want to understand some of the frustrations others have on here.
FFP - Break it down for me on 10:48 - Jan 31 with 631 viewsPunteR

FFP - Break it down for me on 10:44 - Jan 31 by KeithW

Franky a ridiculous idea. It would be like using another company you own (say, I dont know, a middle esatern airline perhaps) to "sponsor"the stadium and rig the books to show a fake income WAY in excess of any other known sponsorship.
Such a thing could never happen...............Could it????

Keith this is the world of football mate. Everything is above board in this industry.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

FFP - Break it down for me on 10:51 - Jan 31 with 611 viewsPunteR

FFP - Break it down for me on 10:41 - Jan 31 by Esox_Lucius

The owners have changed since that happened, only TF is still on the board.

It must be like musical chairs in that boardroom
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 11:07]

FFP - Break it down for me on 10:53 - Jan 31 with 610 viewsEsox_Lucius

FFP - Break it down for me on 10:48 - Jan 31 by PunteR

Keith this is the world of football mate. Everything is above board in this industry.

If you readthrough the EFL regulations wrt FFP you'll find that this particular loophole was closed many years ago and ALL sponsorships have to be scrutinised to ascertain that they represent fair market value. Man City fell foul of this around 2012 and were fined heavily for trying to circumvent FFP with inflated sponsorship deals on players, Merch etc.

The grass is always greener.

FFP - Break it down for me on 11:06 - Jan 31 with 584 viewsPunteR

FFP - Break it down for me on 10:53 - Jan 31 by Esox_Lucius

If you readthrough the EFL regulations wrt FFP you'll find that this particular loophole was closed many years ago and ALL sponsorships have to be scrutinised to ascertain that they represent fair market value. Man City fell foul of this around 2012 and were fined heavily for trying to circumvent FFP with inflated sponsorship deals on players, Merch etc.

Sure.

FFP - Break it down for me on 11:07 - Jan 31 with 580 viewsEsox_Lucius

FFP - Break it down for me on 11:06 - Jan 31 by PunteR

Sure.

Which part have I misled you on? "Sure" wasn't enough for me to go on.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024