Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Already Gone? 21:56 - Jan 2 with 10283 viewsLeeBrookfield

In todays interview, Jim Bentley said that a couple of players have already left.
Who do people think they are?
Loan players Slicker & Tulloch?
Maybe Malley, Brierley, Campbell or Taylor?
Players Already Gone? on 10:46 - Jan 3 with 3856 viewsrkershaw

Players Already Gone? on 09:59 - Jan 3 by TalkingSutty

Can i just ask and i'm not being facetious, if Tav excelled playing as a centre forward and started scoring goals why would you decide to play him as a wide forward? I'm genuinely interestrd to know bearing in mind we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the EFL.

Happy new year Mr Sutty :)...... we have gone from creating but missing chances to creating no chances at all. We need to start creating chances again ASAP. I think Lloyd will provide from the left. Back to basics.....round pegs / round holes.....players playing in their preffered / natural positions. Tav could possibly interchange between the two positions ala Rashy??
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 10:48]
Players Already Gone? on 10:51 - Jan 3 with 3799 viewsMass_Debater

Players Already Gone? on 10:46 - Jan 3 by rkershaw

Happy new year Mr Sutty :)...... we have gone from creating but missing chances to creating no chances at all. We need to start creating chances again ASAP. I think Lloyd will provide from the left. Back to basics.....round pegs / round holes.....players playing in their preffered / natural positions. Tav could possibly interchange between the two positions ala Rashy??

I'd stick to writing crap songs if I were you.
Players Already Gone? on 10:57 - Jan 3 with 3761 viewsrkershaw

Players Already Gone? on 10:51 - Jan 3 by Mass_Debater

I'd stick to writing crap songs if I were you.

They'll get even worse if we are playing in the national league !! ;)
Players Already Gone? on 11:01 - Jan 3 with 3746 viewsHullDale

Malley first out.

Players Already Gone? on 11:03 - Jan 3 with 3731 viewsTalkingSutty

Players Already Gone? on 10:46 - Jan 3 by rkershaw

Happy New Year and thanks for your explanation.
Players Already Gone? on 11:19 - Jan 3 with 3640 viewsCedar_Room

Players Already Gone? on 11:01 - Jan 3 by HullDale

Malley first out.

Hard to argue with it as he hasn’t really featured but I thought he showed glimpses of needing more game time. Not the worst offender over the past few months and I’d personally rather have been him in the team than Ball. Hopefully the first of many to go to allow us a mini rebuild.
Players Already Gone? on 11:26 - Jan 3 with 3600 viewselectricblue

Players Already Gone? on 11:01 - Jan 3 by HullDale

Malley first out.

Thats one gone as he was only on a shoft term contract..

I would like to see John leave and a proper LB signed that would help to stablise the defence.

2 or 3 central midfielders.
Then Ball and Toums can be benched.....

Quiqley is a worry for me as recently he just does not look interested at all.......

JB as his work cut out this month and in the summer which ever league are playing in..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Players Already Gone? on 11:40 - Jan 3 with 3518 views49thseason

Players Already Gone? on 11:26 - Jan 3 by electricblue

Thats one gone as he was only on a shoft term contract..

I would like to see John leave and a proper LB signed that would help to stablise the defence.

2 or 3 central midfielders.
Then Ball and Toums can be benched.....

Quiqley is a worry for me as recently he just does not look interested at all.......

JB as his work cut out this month and in the summer which ever league are playing in..

Let me explain...
1. There is no money. Players have contracts, if you can agree that someone should leave, you still have to pay their contract out.
2. There is no money,. Inbound players also need paying
3. There is no money. We can only afford to replace a player who is out of contract ( Malley) with someone with similar wage demands, if we can move out a couple of loanees, we will only save the part of their contract that we pay, thus 2 loanees out might make it possible to bring 1, cheap, player in.
4. There is no money
Login to get fewer ads

Players Already Gone? on 11:43 - Jan 3 with 3504 viewselectricblue

Players Already Gone? on 11:40 - Jan 3 by 49thseason

Let me explain...
1. There is no money. Players have contracts, if you can agree that someone should leave, you still have to pay their contract out.
3. There is no money. We can only afford to replace a player who is out of contract ( Malley) with someone with similar wage demands, if we can move out a couple of loanees, we will only save the part of their contract that we pay, thus 2 loanees out might make it possible to bring 1, cheap, player in.
4. There is no money

We know that there is no money...

Players do move on via transfers......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Players Already Gone? on 11:46 - Jan 3 with 3465 viewsTVOS1907

Players Already Gone? on 11:40 - Jan 3 by 49thseason

Let me explain...
4. There is no money

5. Don't be taken in

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Players Already Gone? on 12:26 - Jan 3 with 3278 views49thseason

Players Already Gone? on 11:46 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

5. Don't be taken in

Taken in by what?
Do you think / know that there is money to bring players in? Has Brierley been sold for Matheson amounts of money? Even if he has most of it would be used to reduce debts, like the £20k November power bill. My guess is maybe 1 more in and a couple of loanees out ...whats your guess?
Players Already Gone? on 12:42 - Jan 3 with 3176 viewsTVOS1907

Players Already Gone? on 12:26 - Jan 3 by 49thseason

Taken in by what?
Do you think / know that there is money to bring players in? Has Brierley been sold for Matheson amounts of money? Even if he has most of it would be used to reduce debts, like the £20k November power bill. My guess is maybe 1 more in and a couple of loanees out ...whats your guess?

Blimey, I mean don't be taken in by leccy.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 12:42]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Players Already Gone? on 13:10 - Jan 3 with 3005 views49thseason

Players Already Gone? on 12:42 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

Blimey, I mean don't be taken in by leccy.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 12:42]

Oops, Sorry.
Players Already Gone? on 14:34 - Jan 3 with 2759 viewsoddjob007

Players Already Gone? on 11:43 - Jan 3 by electricblue

We know that there is no money...

Players do move on via transfers......

We’re second bottom of the football league.

Who is going to take our players? With the exception of Brierley, I can’t imagine that there is a queue forming.

From the players individual perspective, why would they move on to a likely lower league club for likely less money?
Players Already Gone? on 19:33 - Jan 3 with 2171 viewsmikehunt

Are players’ contracts just a one way thing? I mean, if a striker hasn’t scored a goal in so many games or a keeper doesn’t keep so many clean sheets, can they not have wages reduced? And ultimately be let go if things don’t improve? Same as in everybody else’s jobs.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Players Already Gone? on 20:06 - Jan 3 with 2066 viewsEllDale

It would be interesting to know if there are relegation clauses in the contracts of those players on long term deals.
The sort of thing that stipulates a pay cut if the club are relegated.
Players Already Gone? on 20:16 - Jan 3 with 2016 viewsHullDale

Players Already Gone? on 14:34 - Jan 3 by oddjob007

We’re second bottom of the football league.

Who is going to take our players? With the exception of Brierley, I can’t imagine that there is a queue forming.

From the players individual perspective, why would they move on to a likely lower league club for likely less money?

I'm hoping there are weighty relegation clauses in contracts that might sway some thinking from players we'd get rid of... eg:

- Player X is on £1000 per week at Dale, with 18 months left
- If Dale get relegated, that instantly drops by 50% to £500 per week
- Conference club Y come in for Player X, and offer £750 per week for 2/2.5 years

Does Player X have enouugh belief that we will stay up and keep earning the higher amount? Or do they sense the real danger we are in of relegation, and not want to risk that on their CV alongside a substantial drop in wages?

Wishful thinking, probably.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024