Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sutton United (a) Match Thread 07:43 - Nov 17 with 14907 viewsHullDale

Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 09:14 - Nov 20 with 3723 viewsSandyman

Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 23:06 - Nov 19 by James1980

Was the sale Of Charman spoken about at the AGM/EGM. Shame we didn't have that option of the bench. (I am working today so couldn't attend the match, but watched on Ifollow)

Charman wasn't mentioned at the shareholders Q & A session after the meetings.
Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 09:20 - Nov 20 with 3699 viewsSandyman

Yesterday. Good day out with good people. Pleasant, sociable set up in the club bar at Sutton, even if the stewards mostly didnt seem to know it existed! Good ale and food in there.
Downer of the day was watching two dire teams and clueless officials pretending to be a football game.
EBJ has a lot to do this next fortnight, making the proverbial silk purse out of the sow's ear he's been left with.
Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 10:16 - Nov 20 with 3582 viewsjonahwhereru

I enjoyed the day and the match as well, so clearly not in sync with many on here.. sure this result and the team can be frustrating, but the fans were behind the team and we gave it a real go in the second half. Some credit must go to Sutton because like us they defended well, and they needed to. Especially the deflection on the late Hendo chance. Never had the feeling that we were not capable of scoring on the day.
First time I have seen Brierley and I really like the way he constantly shows for the ball and has the skills to do something with it. The downside is his corner delivery. If he is the best option then it is little wonder that we are not a threat at corners.
I retain my optimism that we can climb the table with a few astute signings.
UTD.
Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 11:45 - Nov 20 with 3428 viewsDalenet

Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 10:16 - Nov 20 by jonahwhereru

I enjoyed the day and the match as well, so clearly not in sync with many on here.. sure this result and the team can be frustrating, but the fans were behind the team and we gave it a real go in the second half. Some credit must go to Sutton because like us they defended well, and they needed to. Especially the deflection on the late Hendo chance. Never had the feeling that we were not capable of scoring on the day.
First time I have seen Brierley and I really like the way he constantly shows for the ball and has the skills to do something with it. The downside is his corner delivery. If he is the best option then it is little wonder that we are not a threat at corners.
I retain my optimism that we can climb the table with a few astute signings.
UTD.

Brierley does bring a new dimension to the team and his vision is excellent, as is his movement off the ball. Agree his corners were poor yesterday but that can be coached. Didn't Keohane take corners for us two seasons ago - would he be a better option? He can't pass back from a corner can he?

EBJ has two weeks to do some coaching. The Harrogate game is critical to get some energy back into the club and ensure we go into a big Stockport game with our tails up.
Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 14:59 - Nov 20 with 3172 viewsBrierls

A poor game between two poor teams. Sutton were a shadow of the team they were last year but we managed to come away with nothing.

I’ve not seen it back but I don’t think there was a foul on O’Donnell for their goal. It looked like he got distracted by the shenanigans around him, which really shouldn’t be happening to a keeper with his experience. That said, for me he’s still got plenty of credit in the bank because he’s been one of our better players this season.

I don’t agree with the “don’t see where the next goal is coming from” rhetoric. We are creating chances and on another day at least one goes in. Quigley had a good chance in the first half but was clearly rusty and gave the defender an opportunity to get back with a block. Hendo has two great chances in the second half; one a free diving header that he’d usually hit the target, and a brilliantly deflected shot late on.

It was a deflating performance despite a welcome return for Quigley. I don’t think for one minute we planned for him to play the full game. I may be seeing things but I thought I saw him reaching for his groin late in the game, I really really hope there’s not been a reoccurrence there.
Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 15:09 - Nov 20 with 3148 viewsTVOS1907

Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 14:59 - Nov 20 by Brierls

A poor game between two poor teams. Sutton were a shadow of the team they were last year but we managed to come away with nothing.

I’ve not seen it back but I don’t think there was a foul on O’Donnell for their goal. It looked like he got distracted by the shenanigans around him, which really shouldn’t be happening to a keeper with his experience. That said, for me he’s still got plenty of credit in the bank because he’s been one of our better players this season.

I don’t agree with the “don’t see where the next goal is coming from” rhetoric. We are creating chances and on another day at least one goes in. Quigley had a good chance in the first half but was clearly rusty and gave the defender an opportunity to get back with a block. Hendo has two great chances in the second half; one a free diving header that he’d usually hit the target, and a brilliantly deflected shot late on.

It was a deflating performance despite a welcome return for Quigley. I don’t think for one minute we planned for him to play the full game. I may be seeing things but I thought I saw him reaching for his groin late in the game, I really really hope there’s not been a reoccurrence there.

Diagouraga was grappling with their player on the line at the time of the goal and unfortunately, O'Donnell got distracted by that instead of concentrating on the corner, which he badly misjudged.

He has enough credit in the bank this season, though, and goalkeepers will cost their teams goals, even more so as you go down the leagues.

Look at Hartlepool's 'keeper on the last two weekends, for example.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 10:08 - Nov 21 with 2671 viewsBucketBstard

Didnt see the match, but very worrying reports.
I cant see EEL and Graham as a good partnership.Sorry these players are Conference level at best.
All the loanees should be sent back.
Shame we are stuck with Diougara , Rodney ,Sinclair , Ball and Odoh since none of these are good enough.
I just pray Bentley has some contacts to bring better loanees in since I doubt we have any money left after Nice Guy Robbie spent it all on duffers with 2 year contracts .
Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 11:46 - Nov 21 with 2575 viewsnordenblue

Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 10:08 - Nov 21 by BucketBstard

Didnt see the match, but very worrying reports.
I cant see EEL and Graham as a good partnership.Sorry these players are Conference level at best.
All the loanees should be sent back.
Shame we are stuck with Diougara , Rodney ,Sinclair , Ball and Odoh since none of these are good enough.
I just pray Bentley has some contacts to bring better loanees in since I doubt we have any money left after Nice Guy Robbie spent it all on duffers with 2 year contracts .

I see that JB keeps playing that Toumani DIAGOURAGA, his bloody mate from Morecambe, absolutely clueless just playing his former players
Login to get fewer ads

Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 21:59 - Nov 22 with 2194 viewsEllDale

Crawley 0 Gillingham 0 tonight.
One shot on target in the entire game, from the visitors.
Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 11:29 - Nov 23 with 1907 viewssamueloneils

JB was famous in his first days at Morecambe for telling his players that they were all going to end up doing a milk round next season the way they were going. It worked- they went on a run that saved them.

Is now the time- how about you will be delivering political leaflets, or busking in the town centre?

Conceding just 7 goals in the last 8 league games shows he has got the defence working. So with the honourable exception of the Keeper, back four and Diacourraga, I think the rest need the full treatment. Some may be trying, but not all.
Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 13:24 - Nov 23 with 1759 viewsDale_4_Life

Dale were terrible on Saturday... Not the depths of the RS era but still pretty bad.

I start to think there is enough in the squad to put a mini run together and pull clear towards mid table and then I see a game like this. Sutton just as bad. More composure and positivity in front of goal required. How many shots on target actually tested the keeper last Saturday I cant remember 1.

Dale will have had 2 full weeks to prepare for Harrogate I am hoping we come out all guns blazing at get right at Harrogate from 1st minute to last. When we have goal scoring chances hit the target with some venom behind the shot. The season is in the balance we need to hit our stride in December and start moving up the table.

Home we have Harrogate (3rd) Stockport (10th) Hartlepool (26th)

Away we have Bradford (17th) and Doncaster (29th)

7 points from 5 games would probably keep us out of the bottom 2.
Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 18:44 - Jan 2 with 1075 viewssince58

Sutton United (a) Match Thread on 18:57 - Nov 19 by fourfourtwo

Ah yeah. I forget that Lambert, Murray, O’Grady, Beesley & Davies were also blessed with pace…

That defender we had, Dawson was it? He was rapid as well wasn’t he…

Still think hes good enuf ffs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024