Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deadline day thread 16:25 - Jan 25 with 79556 viewsNorthernr

May as well try and keep all this together for the next week.

Demebele withdrawn from Peterborough squad ahead of possible Bournemouth move.
V good against us.

Further reduces the possibility of them pulling their fingers out and relegating bloody Reading.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Deadline day thread on 19:06 - Jan 29 with 4621 viewskernowhoop

Deadline day thread on 21:37 - Jan 28 by dmm

We'll knead to wait for Warburton to decide on his ingredients.

In which time we continue to rise and have a place in the bake-off... sorry, play-offs.
Deadline day thread on 09:25 - Jan 30 with 4115 viewsDoudou87

Half expecting a surprise signing before the window shuts. Jordy DW was a shock move but made a lot of sense.

Doesn’t sound as if we are prepared to match Swansea’s valuation of Paterson which I’m not too disappointed by.

Now look forward to finding out who the board will have lined up as a third option (after Lawrence and Paterson).

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Deadline day thread on 13:55 - Jan 30 with 3872 viewsenfieldargh

Deadline day thread on 09:25 - Jan 30 by Doudou87

Half expecting a surprise signing before the window shuts. Jordy DW was a shock move but made a lot of sense.

Doesn’t sound as if we are prepared to match Swansea’s valuation of Paterson which I’m not too disappointed by.

Now look forward to finding out who the board will have lined up as a third option (after Lawrence and Paterson).

We actually have no concrete evidence that Lawrence & Patterson were our first choices.

We could have rock cakes made from stoneground flour

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Deadline day thread on 13:58 - Jan 30 with 3856 viewshantssi

Quick question, when does the window SLAM SHUT?!
Deadline day thread on 13:58 - Jan 30 with 3856 viewsHAYESBOY

Bournemouth agree deal for Dembele.

Bournemouth have agreed a deal with Peterborough for winger Siriki Dembele.

The club still need to agree personal terms with Dembele so there is still some way to go on this one as things stand.

But Scott Parker is active as he looks to strengthen his squad before tomorrow's deadline.

Dembele has scored five Championship goals in 24 appearances this season.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Deadline day thread on 14:31 - Jan 30 with 3736 viewsHAYESBOY

Maja having Stoke medical ahead of loan.

Bordeaux striker Josh Maja having medical at Stoke City ahead of loan move.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Deadline day thread on 14:36 - Jan 30 with 3689 viewsTW_R

Deadline day thread on 13:58 - Jan 30 by hantssi

Quick question, when does the window SLAM SHUT?!

According to Sky Sports it is 01 days 08 hours 25 minutes 30.23 seconds.

Yes - the stupid f*ckers have a clock showing hundredths of seconds.
Deadline day thread on 14:42 - Jan 30 with 3639 viewsStainrod

Deadline day thread on 13:58 - Jan 30 by HAYESBOY

Bournemouth agree deal for Dembele.

Bournemouth have agreed a deal with Peterborough for winger Siriki Dembele.

The club still need to agree personal terms with Dembele so there is still some way to go on this one as things stand.

But Scott Parker is active as he looks to strengthen his squad before tomorrow's deadline.

Dembele has scored five Championship goals in 24 appearances this season.

Shame we seem to have no money whatsoever. This guy and the spurs lad Blackburn bought (OK he immediately got a serious injury) are the kind of young players with sell on value who I suspect our scouts would be flagging up, but it just seems there isn't the budget.
Login to get fewer ads

Deadline day thread on 15:16 - Jan 30 with 3491 viewsTonto

am i the only one looking at the stadium behind him and thinking - "lovely - can we have one of those please?"

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Deadline day thread on 15:56 - Jan 30 with 3345 viewsDixie_CT

Not sure if Dykes being linked with Burnley and Brighton is guesswork or genuine, does seem like it could be plausible, but I do wonder how much it would take for us to accept a bid and would the”we rush to replace him?

You’d think having only Gray and Austin would reduced our overall threat and I can’t see us playing with out an out and out striker.

Unless it’s a massively overly inflated fee, then I wouldn’t sell as the Play-off gamble would be worth much more if we went up and Dykes value will surely only increase if he carries on his form for the rest of this season.
Deadline day thread on 16:28 - Jan 30 with 3235 viewsMedwayR

Deadline day thread on 15:56 - Jan 30 by Dixie_CT

Not sure if Dykes being linked with Burnley and Brighton is guesswork or genuine, does seem like it could be plausible, but I do wonder how much it would take for us to accept a bid and would the”we rush to replace him?

You’d think having only Gray and Austin would reduced our overall threat and I can’t see us playing with out an out and out striker.

Unless it’s a massively overly inflated fee, then I wouldn’t sell as the Play-off gamble would be worth much more if we went up and Dykes value will surely only increase if he carries on his form for the rest of this season.

If they offer seriously silly money then I think we'll take it and get a last minute loan.

We're not likely to get top 2 and we've got a cushion between us and 7th place, I doubt losing Dykes will cost us enough points to be the difference between top 6 and 7th. It's probably nonsense mind.

Poll: Who’s better?

Deadline day thread on 16:39 - Jan 30 with 3171 viewsaston_hoop

Joe Rothwell to Bournemouth looking likely, £3 million (out of contract in the summer). Severely weakens Blackburn, Bournemouth going all out to get out of the division

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Deadline day thread on 16:40 - Jan 30 with 3162 viewsNorthernr

Deadline day thread on 16:39 - Jan 30 by aston_hoop

Joe Rothwell to Bournemouth looking likely, £3 million (out of contract in the summer). Severely weakens Blackburn, Bournemouth going all out to get out of the division

Looks like Blackburn are getting Giles on loan from Wolves though, who I like a lot.
Deadline day thread on 17:14 - Jan 30 with 2941 viewsHoopstar

Will be really interesting to see how Blackburn go from here - purely on paper I feel their squad looks the thinnest and potentially the weakest.

A real pity nobody bid silly money for their Chilean sensation.

It seems like we have pushed our budget almost as far as it can go from here? 15 mins away from getting Chair back as Egypt 2-1 up...
Deadline day thread on 17:25 - Jan 30 with 2861 viewsdannyblue

What's the best site for reading Championship rumours? You're all hearing of deals being done and medicals etc., that I just don't see through my normal sources...

(as if I need another way of wasting time)
Deadline day thread on 17:25 - Jan 30 with 2861 viewsnix

Deadline day thread on 17:14 - Jan 30 by Hoopstar

Will be really interesting to see how Blackburn go from here - purely on paper I feel their squad looks the thinnest and potentially the weakest.

A real pity nobody bid silly money for their Chilean sensation.

It seems like we have pushed our budget almost as far as it can go from here? 15 mins away from getting Chair back as Egypt 2-1 up...

I agree. I think the Board has backed Warburton without being silly. Bearing in mind we've got Jojo and Charlie who probably aren't cheap in terms of our wage structure. Getting Sanderson in is a statement of intent, but forward players in January are probably silly money. I can only imagine what Carroll is on at WBA or what Bournemouth will be paying Rothwell, given that he can go on a free in the summer.
Deadline day thread on 17:33 - Jan 30 with 2809 viewsStreathamRanger

Deadline day thread on 16:39 - Jan 30 by aston_hoop

£3 million on a player out of contract in the summer. Is he better than Lerma or Billing? Will he be good enough for the premier League if they do go up? Madness the prices you pay in January. Watching Cardiff, I like the look of Ng. Not sure of his age or contract situation but could be one to go for in the summer if we need to replace one of our CBs.

Forest playing poorly despite having two or three new signings in their side. Barbet's milliner seems to also do a line of stylish eye patches for goal keepers.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 17:37]
Deadline day thread on 17:34 - Jan 30 with 2801 viewsNorthernr

Deadline day thread on 17:33 - Jan 30 by StreathamRanger

£3 million on a player out of contract in the summer. Is he better than Lerma or Billing? Will he be good enough for the premier League if they do go up? Madness the prices you pay in January. Watching Cardiff, I like the look of Ng. Not sure of his age or contract situation but could be one to go for in the summer if we need to replace one of our CBs.

Forest playing poorly despite having two or three new signings in their side. Barbet's milliner seems to also do a line of stylish eye patches for goal keepers.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 17:37]

Yeh we missed a trick with Ng when they got him from Crewe. I love him.

Bournemouth are having an absolute sht or bust panic. Kieffer Moore left out today ahead of a potential move there. They're literally signing anything that moves, whether they need it or not.
Deadline day thread on 17:39 - Jan 30 with 2760 viewsHarbour

Deadline day thread on 17:34 - Jan 30 by Northernr

Bournemouth are having an absolute sht or bust panic. Kieffer Moore left out today ahead of a potential move there. They're literally signing anything that moves, whether they need it or not.

Rack and stack ala Colin let’s hope it blows up on them.
Deadline day thread on 17:44 - Jan 30 with 2703 viewsStreathamRanger

Deadline day thread on 17:34 - Jan 30 by Northernr

How do you keep a squad like Bournemouth or Forest happy? I like Keiffer Moore but I'm guessing that's another £10 million or more. I'd love it if us and Blackburn or Huddersfield ruin it for Bournemouth and West Brom. I guess this is how everyone must have seen QPR last time we went up. No wonder Derby hate us!
Deadline day thread on 17:45 - Jan 30 with 2681 viewsNorthernr

Deadline day thread on 17:44 - Jan 30 by StreathamRanger

How do you keep a squad like Bournemouth or Forest happy? I like Keiffer Moore but I'm guessing that's another £10 million or more. I'd love it if us and Blackburn or Huddersfield ruin it for Bournemouth and West Brom. I guess this is how everyone must have seen QPR last time we went up. No wonder Derby hate us!

They don't. Forest, for years, have had a "bomb squad" of up to a dozen senior players training alone, away from the rest of the group. Hefele ended up there, after they hijacked our move for him despite having no need for him. And Gaeten Bong, signed from brighton deadline day, played once, bomb squad.
Deadline day thread on 17:50 - Jan 30 with 2623 viewsStreathamRanger

Deadline day thread on 17:45 - Jan 30 by Northernr

They don't. Forest, for years, have had a "bomb squad" of up to a dozen senior players training alone, away from the rest of the group. Hefele ended up there, after they hijacked our move for him despite having no need for him. And Gaeten Bong, signed from brighton deadline day, played once, bomb squad.

Good job they seem to have most of the media firmly in their corner. It will be interesting to see how they explain this average performance when they've got the best manager in the universe and play such wonderful expansive football.
Deadline day thread on 17:54 - Jan 30 with 2593 viewsQPRSteve

I see Hugill's gone to Cardiff and done us a favour today scoring against Forest.
Deadline day thread on 22:31 - Jan 30 with 2207 viewsted_hendrix

I wont be anywhere near any news outlets tomorrow, the thought of rednkapper suddenly appearing on my screen dribbling through the window of his rangerover whilst telling the world via some roving sky camera and an over excited roving sky interviewer that he's going shopping for some mint imperials would probably erm, bolox forgot what I was gonna say.
Never mind.
Is Jim White still tedious?
Do sky have a swingometer?
Shut the window.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Deadline day thread on 22:53 - Jan 30 with 2135 viewskensalriser

Think you're safe there on Harry, he doesn't appear to be a manager at present.

It is quite easy not to watch Sky Sports News though, I find myself not doing so effortlessly.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024