Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Grindrod 14:56 - Aug 19 with 10672 viewsvow

Apparently Nick Grindrod has resigned .
Nick Grindrod on 08:04 - Aug 20 with 4160 views_Windydale

Maybe the podcast guys can approach him for an interview.
Nick Grindrod on 09:52 - Aug 20 with 3949 views1907

Nick Grindrod on 07:47 - Aug 20 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

a fantastic start to this would be donating / gifting his 100 shares to the Trust as a gesture of goodwill.

Have either yourselves or the trust approached him to ascertain whether this is possible me?
Nick Grindrod on 09:54 - Aug 20 with 3949 viewsJames1980

I recall him saying on at least one occasion he wanted to be on the board when the club got promoted to the championship, or something along those lines.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Nick Grindrod on 09:59 - Aug 20 with 3928 viewskel

Nick Grindrod on 17:08 - Aug 19 by 1907

Who did he offend & how did he offend them if you could be so kind to share please?

Not really for me to say, sorry, as I wasn’t one of the recipients. I was more posting it in the hope he would read it and reflect on how he spoke to people concerned about the future of the club.

The OP interests me more at the moment as there is clearly still someone within the club singing like a canary. I’ve made an educated guess…
Nick Grindrod on 18:38 - Aug 20 with 3495 viewsvow

Nick Grindrod on 09:59 - Aug 20 by kel

Not really for me to say, sorry, as I wasn’t one of the recipients. I was more posting it in the hope he would read it and reflect on how he spoke to people concerned about the future of the club.

The OP interests me more at the moment as there is clearly still someone within the club singing like a canary. I’ve made an educated guess…

I can assure you I didn't get the information from inside the club . More about people should be careful about where they are having conversations as they don't know who can hear .
Nick Grindrod on 19:19 - Aug 20 with 3385 viewsdawlishdale

Nick Grindrod on 18:38 - Aug 20 by vow

I can assure you I didn't get the information from inside the club . More about people should be careful about where they are having conversations as they don't know who can hear .

I don't know who you are .
Nick Grindrod on 21:16 - Aug 20 with 3201 viewsRAFCBLUE

Nick Grindrod on 18:38 - Aug 20 by vow

Given the timing of the OP at 14.56 vs the club's Twitter announcement at 16.00, what was to be gained by providing the 'scoop'?

I'd imagine the only people who knew would have been the person themself or the club. So it must have some from one of those.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Nick Grindrod on 21:46 - Aug 20 with 3098 viewsD_Alien

Nick Grindrod on 21:16 - Aug 20 by RAFCBLUE

Given the timing of the OP at 14.56 vs the club's Twitter announcement at 16.00, what was to be gained by providing the 'scoop'?

I'd imagine the only people who knew would have been the person themself or the club. So it must have some from one of those.

I don't think there's much to be read into the timing, tbh

Although on an entirely different matter, it's the same as when someone hears of an incoming transfer and posts on here, which is then confirmed a bit later by official club sources

Of course it's a matter of conjecture how the information was garnered, but if any of us had heard similar i think we'd be posting it too

[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 21:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Nick Grindrod on 22:31 - Aug 20 with 2964 viewsR17ALE

Nick Grindrod on 21:46 - Aug 20 by D_Alien

I don't think there's much to be read into the timing, tbh

Although on an entirely different matter, it's the same as when someone hears of an incoming transfer and posts on here, which is then confirmed a bit later by official club sources

Of course it's a matter of conjecture how the information was garnered, but if any of us had heard similar i think we'd be posting it too

[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 21:47]

Agree. And another one who plays the lifelong fan card.

Can I give this place a heads up: Anyone who pops up claiming to be a fan is bullshitting you!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Nick Grindrod on 22:51 - Aug 20 with 2919 viewsjoecooke

Nick Grindrod on 22:31 - Aug 20 by R17ALE

Agree. And another one who plays the lifelong fan card.

Can I give this place a heads up: Anyone who pops up claiming to be a fan is bullshitting you!

Fans pay to get in.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Nick Grindrod on 13:38 - Aug 21 with 2587 views49thseason

Interesting timing considering today's statement from the EFL.
Nick Grindrod on 13:52 - Aug 21 with 2537 viewsD_Alien

Nick Grindrod on 13:38 - Aug 21 by 49thseason

Yes

Alluded to this in this morning's thread, and imo something stinks about it. Any facts should be brought out into the open in due course

Nick Grindrod on 14:04 - Aug 21 with 2494 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Nick Grindrod on 13:52 - Aug 21 by D_Alien

Yes

Alluded to this in this morning's thread, and imo something stinks about it. Any facts should be brought out into the open in due course

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Nick Grindrod on 17:12 - Aug 21 with 2280 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Nick Grindrod on 13:52 - Aug 21 by D_Alien

Yes

We need a "mole" in the Boardroom........any ideas?
Nick Grindrod on 17:54 - Aug 21 with 2160 viewsD_Alien

Nick Grindrod on 17:12 - Aug 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

We need a "mole" in the Boardroom........any ideas?

I've got one idea YD

We've had enough nefarious characters in our boardroom to last Daleys a lifetime

What we want is a watertight ship but one that puts fan's interests front & centre

It's in our interests that the club should follow up on any wrongdoing or data leakages through due process

"Moles" we do not need. Moles should be whacked very hard on the head whenever they appear

Nick Grindrod on 07:42 - Aug 22 with 1854 viewsR17ALE

Nick Grindrod on 13:38 - Aug 21 by 49thseason

I didn't make the connection that you have, but yes, I suspect you're right.

A Director by virtue of a few shares hastily given to him by Bottomley. A man who tried desperately to get the Trust to support the "blind sale" of the club at the EGM. A man who was smitten by the Bottomley culture. A man who repeatedly sang his Dale credentials to anyone remotely interested.

All this, and then jumped ship hours before the EFL announcement.

Another one we'll not be seeing again.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Nick Grindrod on 08:27 - Aug 22 with 1753 views_Windydale

Probably fantasy but maybe there was some sort of sweetener to become the eyes and ears for the buyers, or perks promised; for if the buyers actually did get control of the club.
When it fell apart there was no reason to stay?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024