Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club 15:34 - May 24 with 14415 viewsswanskid95

Looks like he’s ready to buy Charlton and could be the owner before the end of the month.

good luck to them 😂

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11698394/charlton-new-owner-huw-jenkins/
[Post edited 24 May 2020 15:34]
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 13:45 - May 26 with 2995 viewsBest_loser

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 11:44 - May 26 by magicdaps10

1 million for a London club with a fair bit of recent history in the premiership. Looks to me that if they can settle the ship and getting the foundations right then they could make a profit a few years down the line.

Interesting to see who makes up the group involved with Jenkins and who he brings in Manager and player wise. No way is he putting all that money in and he will obviously be chairman on a nice yearly wage...... He will be quids in with a club to now go and watch every mid week and weekend.

Unlike the swans, whoever owns Charlton owns the stadium/ land

It's worth a lot in that part of london
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 14:21 - May 26 with 2963 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 15:44 - May 24 by Kilkennyjack

I hope Huw appoints somebody else as Director of Football.
That was his big downfall with Swans - apart from the sale of the club.

I bet Huw will be getting the old black book of contacts out - hopfully he has put a line through the dickheads who recommended Borja, Mesa, Schechter and his over used Falkirk contact.

Graham jones will be next manager there. Lump on.

There may be a nice job as a fans supporters trust rep?
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 22:53 - May 26 with 2768 viewsLeonWasGod

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 12:48 - May 26 by 3swan

Ignoring my thoughts on Jenkins I'll ask a general question. Should a person pass the fit and proper testing by the FA/ League if there is a potential court case over a football club sale?

I think that a crime needs to have been committed (proven guilty) for them to fail. I think, but not 100% sure. So he's probably fine given that nobody's taken any action against him or the others.

Whole bunch of conditions here - https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners- Looks like he'd need either a conviction or some sort of court ordered undertaking.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 22:58]
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 23:43 - May 26 with 2732 viewstheloneranger

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 13:45 - May 26 by Best_loser

Unlike the swans, whoever owns Charlton owns the stadium/ land

It's worth a lot in that part of london

No they don't automatically own the ground.

Any new owner will inherit the current agreement in place to buy the training ground and stadium from former owner Roland Duchatelet within the next five years.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 23:55 - May 26 with 2718 viewsLuther27

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 22:53 - May 26 by LeonWasGod

I think that a crime needs to have been committed (proven guilty) for them to fail. I think, but not 100% sure. So he's probably fine given that nobody's taken any action against him or the others.

Whole bunch of conditions here - https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners- Looks like he'd need either a conviction or some sort of court ordered undertaking.

Not worth the paper it’s written on regarding Premiership and EFL fit for purpose bullshte. The most prosperous club in the world is over £400 million in debt thanks to the Glaziers and still allowed to kick a ball around the park.
Football and it’s authority is just behind the Olympics when it comes to self interests and corruption so let’s smell the coffee.
Bollox.... that was an Americanism sorry.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 09:12 - May 27 with 2633 viewsJinxy

Regarding HJ's 5% stake in our club - this would shirley be deemed a conflict of interest, and he would/should be enforced to sell his shares should he wish to be involved in a purchase of any EFL club? All jokes aside - say, for example, Charlton's final game of the season had nothing riding on it, other than SCFC's fortunes, this could influence him - potentially.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52810887
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 09:58 - May 27 with 2596 viewstheloneranger

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 09:12 - May 27 by Jinxy

Regarding HJ's 5% stake in our club - this would shirley be deemed a conflict of interest, and he would/should be enforced to sell his shares should he wish to be involved in a purchase of any EFL club? All jokes aside - say, for example, Charlton's final game of the season had nothing riding on it, other than SCFC's fortunes, this could influence him - potentially.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52810887

... "but he says he would also consider becoming a part-owner of a club or taking a job at a club whose owners he could "trust and work with"."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 10:01 - May 27 with 2590 viewsJinxy

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 09:58 - May 27 by theloneranger

... "but he says he would also consider becoming a part-owner of a club or taking a job at a club whose owners he could "trust and work with"."

Yes, I actually laughed out aloud when I read that bit.
Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 16:13 - May 27 with 2475 viewsNotLoyal

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 09:58 - May 27 by theloneranger

I think he genuinely went head to head with the w@nks over Dan James.
Hence the late withdrawal of him signing for Leeds.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 18:17 - May 27 with 2441 viewsHighjack

Pinocchio speaks. Funny how he doesn’t mention the Clucas or Bob Bradley or Renato Sanches or Nick Cusack or buying Bony and Ayew back debacles isn’t it?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/huw-jenkins-interview

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:00 - May 27 with 2404 viewsNortbankboy

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 18:17 - May 27 by Highjack

Pinocchio speaks. Funny how he doesn’t mention the Clucas or Bob Bradley or Renato Sanches or Nick Cusack or buying Bony and Ayew back debacles isn’t it?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/huw-jenkins-interview

Yes clucas was a bad bu.
but I think in general
We have made more good signings than bad ones
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:04 - May 27 with 2398 viewsHighjack

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:00 - May 27 by Nortbankboy

Yes clucas was a bad bu.
but I think in general
We have made more good signings than bad ones

Re-signing Bony and Ayew on a long term deals with no relegation clause and a combined wage of £200k a week when we were on the verge of the championship was utter stupidity.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:10 - May 27 with 2389 viewsNortbankboy

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:04 - May 27 by Highjack

Re-signing Bony and Ayew on a long term deals with no relegation clause and a combined wage of £200k a week when we were on the verge of the championship was utter stupidity.

Yes you are right,but we were desperate at the time.
And they would not sign with the relegation clause.
That team that got relegated was good enough to stay up.
Just bad managers at the time
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:16 - May 27 with 2384 viewsHighjack

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:10 - May 27 by Nortbankboy

If they refused to sign we don’t sign them. That’s what we used to do when we were successful.

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:33 - May 27 with 2374 views3swan

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 22:53 - May 26 by LeonWasGod

Thanks so not an in depth investigation just final outcomes.
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:52 - May 27 with 2349 views34dfgdf54

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 16:13 - May 27 by NotLoyal

I think he genuinely went head to head with the w@nks over Dan James.
Hence the late withdrawal of him signing for Leeds.

<< "I was told a deal was in place for Dan to go to Leeds. It made no sense to me, not for Swansea City financially because there was nothing in it for us.

"As much as others felt the deal could have been done and we could have got something out of it, to me Dan going up to Leeds at the time, risk injury, us rely on a summer transfer, was wrong. I wasn't even sure Leeds would pay the loan fee until the summer.>>

I can’t stand the fella, but that shows who we are dealing with when people talk about our owners, they are a danger to our football club.
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 20:02 - May 27 with 2335 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:52 - May 27 by 34dfgdf54

<< "I was told a deal was in place for Dan to go to Leeds. It made no sense to me, not for Swansea City financially because there was nothing in it for us.

"As much as others felt the deal could have been done and we could have got something out of it, to me Dan going up to Leeds at the time, risk injury, us rely on a summer transfer, was wrong. I wasn't even sure Leeds would pay the loan fee until the summer.>>

I can’t stand the fella, but that shows who we are dealing with when people talk about our owners, they are a danger to our football club.

Not according to Huw though eh?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 20:39 - May 27 with 2316 viewsChief

Do Charlton have a supporters trust? If they do could I suggest that someone from our trust board contacts them for a chat to forewarn them of the contempt they'll be subjected to from now on?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 21:53 - May 27 with 2279 viewsNotLoyal

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 20:39 - May 27 by Chief

Do Charlton have a supporters trust? If they do could I suggest that someone from our trust board contacts them for a chat to forewarn them of the contempt they'll be subjected to from now on?

Waste of time, they are completely ignoring his recent past, let alone his bankrupt past.

OK I've changed it.

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 17:20 - May 29 with 2087 viewsNortbankboy

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 18:17 - May 27 by Highjack

Yes the Wales online only mentioning the 15 good season.
Have,nt mentioned anything about the bad season.
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 18:11 - May 29 with 2055 viewsOldjack

To all those Charlton fans ,this is a man that should not be trusted at any time ,He's also a liar ,fact Beware !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 11:51 - Jun 3 with 1925 viewsLeonWasGod

He's got competition by the sounds of it

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11684/11999630/charlton-portuguese-conso
Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 11:30 - Jun 4 with 1738 viewsNotLoyal

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 11:51 - Jun 3 by LeonWasGod

He's got competition by the sounds of it

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11684/11999630/charlton-portuguese-conso

He is doing what he always does, dragging his heels, saving money and trying to force them in to a corner. It sometimes works but his overall lack of any charisma won’t work on this occasion I’m sure.

OK I've changed it.

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 12:25 - Jun 5 with 1621 viewsPrivate_Partz

How times have changed!
I was talking to a couple of their supporters pre match in the Station Inn.
They said they had a new owner coming in who was related to, and as rich as, the Etihad geezer.
They were just sitting back waiting for the money to roll in.
Now they are scrabbling around for...... JENKINS! Dear God...

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 13:02 - Jun 6 with 1490 viewsPhil_S

Huw Jenkins buying another championship club on 19:10 - May 27 by Nortbankboy

Bad managers appointed by...?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024