Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yipes 15:14 - Dec 19 with 13064 viewsitsbiga

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Yipes on 13:40 - Dec 20 with 2503 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yipes on 12:18 - Dec 20 by WestbourneR

I'd defo swerve Carter-Vickers and Amos.

I find Amos stultifyingly average in every department and Carter-Vickers has turned out to have an unwarranted rep as a hang over from when everyone thought all Spurs youth players were going to be stars.

Ask for £15 million and you'd have to say the club would take that. Maddison was £15 million and he's honestly a better player overall.

Said it before that I think you're very harsh on Amos, a player who had been out injured for a year playing his first season of proper competitive football. You're a better scout than me if you can be so sure so early (of a young player).
Not actually saying you're wrong, but I don't understand how you can be so definite. I look at him and while he has been pretty poor in some games (an anonymous half a few weeks ago where he got hooked at HT was the nadir), I also think: good first touch, good passer, not afraid of a tackle, good attitude, works hard. Not saying he should be part of the deal, or even that we should sign him, but I think there's a lot of potential.

Bare bones.

Yipes on 13:45 - Dec 20 with 2481 viewsfrancisbowles

Yipes on 13:40 - Dec 20 by Antti_Heinola

Said it before that I think you're very harsh on Amos, a player who had been out injured for a year playing his first season of proper competitive football. You're a better scout than me if you can be so sure so early (of a young player).
Not actually saying you're wrong, but I don't understand how you can be so definite. I look at him and while he has been pretty poor in some games (an anonymous half a few weeks ago where he got hooked at HT was the nadir), I also think: good first touch, good passer, not afraid of a tackle, good attitude, works hard. Not saying he should be part of the deal, or even that we should sign him, but I think there's a lot of potential.

...and scored two goals, by getting up and down the pitch, last Saturday which is being overlooked because of the nature of our defeat.
Yipes on 13:46 - Dec 20 with 2476 viewsTheChef

Knickers.

Twist.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Yipes on 13:46 - Dec 20 with 2475 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yipes on 13:45 - Dec 20 by francisbowles

...and scored two goals, by getting up and down the pitch, last Saturday which is being overlooked because of the nature of our defeat.

yes - goals can breed confidence too. I saw some games where he was cl;early trying too hard, failing and then berating himself. He was thinking too much, you could tell he couldn't get into his groove. Those goals may help.

Bare bones.

Yipes on 14:19 - Dec 20 with 2380 viewsTacticalR

It would be a shame if he ended up in Mordor. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume (so not good for asthma).

Air hostess clique

Yipes on 14:19 - Dec 20 with 2378 viewsMatch82

Yipes on 12:18 - Dec 20 by WestbourneR

I'd defo swerve Carter-Vickers and Amos.

I find Amos stultifyingly average in every department and Carter-Vickers has turned out to have an unwarranted rep as a hang over from when everyone thought all Spurs youth players were going to be stars.

Ask for £15 million and you'd have to say the club would take that. Maddison was £15 million and he's honestly a better player overall.

Where is Carter-Vickers rumorn coming from?
Yipes on 15:10 - Dec 20 with 2290 viewsderbyhoop

Yipes on 10:40 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Eze leaving is an enormous moment for us. We haven't had a talent like this for years, one who's young and under contract, and there doesn't look to be anybody quite in his bracket coming up and through behind him. So firstly it needs to be a serious wedge, and secondly we need to make that wedge work for us and not waste it.

Norwich got enormous money for Maddison, used it really shrewdly, and were in the Prem a year later. That's what we need to aspire to.

I'm not sure letting Spurs bring the price down by offloading players they don't want onto us fits within that.

My first thoughts were "how reliable is the source"?
Is it real/fake news?

£12m + players we could develop further has to be considered.
But, Ebs is a once in a decade player for us, as we're currently structured.
The price has to be right for QPR.
And, if there are makeweights in the deal, they have to be players we want or need. Rather than somebody Spurs don't want/can't use.
From what I've seen of Amos, I'm not convinced he will be good enough for the PL, injuries notwithstanding. However, if fully fit, we could do worse. And he's young enough to get back to top level.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Yipes on 15:45 - Dec 20 with 2243 viewsNov77

Manning to wolves for £5m?
https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-wolves-make-move-to-beat-everton-to

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Yipes on 15:47 - Dec 20 with 2237 viewsWestbourneR

Yipes on 13:40 - Dec 20 by Antti_Heinola

Antti the thing about Amos and it's the thing that drives me mad is he's just always playing it safe when he gets the ball. He passes backwards and sideways far too often.

The power of the simply forward pass into feet to get playing off your front man is so under-rated.

We need centre mids who will get their head up and play, not simply run around.

We need an Ali Faurlin.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Yipes on 16:00 - Dec 20 with 2170 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yipes on 15:47 - Dec 20 by WestbourneR

Antti the thing about Amos and it's the thing that drives me mad is he's just always playing it safe when he gets the ball. He passes backwards and sideways far too often.

The power of the simply forward pass into feet to get playing off your front man is so under-rated.

We need an Ali Faurlin.

course we need Ale! Doesn't everyone?
I'm going to watch Amos extra closely tomorrow and see what he does.

Bare bones.

Yipes on 16:10 - Dec 20 with 2124 viewsMedwayR

The only game I've managed to get to this season was the Middlesbrough game and what struck me in that game was how Amos only showed for the ball with his back to goal and could therefore only play it back to the full-back or centre-back that had given him the ball, he never looked to receive the ball with his body open or on the half-turn, if he could sort that out he'd be a lot more effective and able to take the ball forward.

As for the rumour, I'd want a £20m deal at the end of the season, accepting that some of that would be in the form of add-ons but they would have to be easily achievable. I wouldn't want any of the Spurs players mentined as part of the deal.

Poll: Who’s better?

Yipes on 16:17 - Dec 20 with 2079 viewsTacticalR

Yipes on 16:00 - Dec 20 by Antti_Heinola

course we need Ale! Doesn't everyone?
I'm going to watch Amos extra closely tomorrow and see what he does.

Knee-jerk him.

Air hostess clique

Yipes on 16:43 - Dec 20 with 1969 viewsaston_hoop

Yipes on 16:17 - Dec 20 by TacticalR

Knee-jerk him.

don't want him getting injured again!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Yipes on 20:03 - Dec 20 with 1687 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yipes on 15:47 - Dec 20 by WestbourneR

We need an Ali Faurlin.

You are the Michael Winner of the LfW world!
Yipes on 22:54 - Dec 20 with 1519 viewsbosh67

Has anyone wondered why Spurs would be in for Eze with Jose in charge? When would he ever play him? He'll end up being a bit part player in the league cup. Massive step back for him even on more money and being a Prem player. See the season out with him. We don't have to sell him until then. And certainly not until we've worked out who to replace him with.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024