Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter Ultimatum? 15:15 - Apr 10 with 7562 viewswestwalesed

Should Potter issue an ultimatum to the board?

I know he does not seem ike the type in the slightest - very mild mannered and level headed which is especially excellent when dealing with young players who will infuriate with inconsistency.

However, I would absolutely love it if he approached the ownership and stated that with the current crop of players plus one striker, one centre half and perhaps cover at full back, he thinks we have got a really good shot at promotion next season. He would calmly ask them to back him for one season. Go for it. If he doesn't make it, then fire sell if they have to - but hold it together for one year and he could get them back into the Premier League where they will make their $$$$ back in a few months.

If on the other hand, they fire sell at the end of this season, then he walks.

And I for one wouldn't blame him in the slightest!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Potter Ultimatum? on 12:12 - Apr 11 with 2048 viewsDr_Winston

Potter Ultimatum? on 10:43 - Apr 11 by theloneranger

Andre Ayew contracted until June 2021

Jordan Ayew contracted until June 2020

Borja Baston contracted until June 2020

None of the above players are pulling up trees out on loan, and I can't see any team parting with a transfer fee, when they can pick them up on loan and only pay a part wage ... While the 3 players earn their full wage and meander to the end of their contracts and then earn a signing on fee when they sign on a free with their new teams.

In Huw We Trust.

Few things sum up Jenkins haplessness at negotiations better than turning down a permanent deal for Jordan Ayew only to end up loaning him out a couple of weeks later.

We're not out of the woods by a long shot and glib predictions of how much money we'll have to spend this summer don't help expectations.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potter Ultimatum? on 12:22 - Apr 11 with 2029 viewsTailGunner

Potter Ultimatum? on 12:12 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

Few things sum up Jenkins haplessness at negotiations better than turning down a permanent deal for Jordan Ayew only to end up loaning him out a couple of weeks later.

We're not out of the woods by a long shot and glib predictions of how much money we'll have to spend this summer don't help expectations.

He's powers were reduced massively by then surely?? Cannot see him having a major say in those deals since relegation

Has the USA fingerprints on it if you ask me.
Potter Ultimatum? on 12:49 - Apr 11 with 2011 viewsKGriz16

Glib predictions?

Our manager has said we'll be in a better place financially? Something I choose to believe over a prediction.
Potter Ultimatum? on 12:57 - Apr 11 with 2003 viewsFireboy2

Potter Ultimatum? on 12:49 - Apr 11 by KGriz16

Glib predictions?

Our manager has said we'll be in a better place financially? Something I choose to believe over a prediction.

When did he say that? Why would the yanks tell him that? Possibly to keep him happy?

And more to the point id take the doctors opinion over yours anyday of the week.
Potter Ultimatum? on 13:13 - Apr 11 with 1987 viewsKGriz16

Potter Ultimatum? on 12:57 - Apr 11 by Fireboy2

When did he say that? Why would the yanks tell him that? Possibly to keep him happy?

And more to the point id take the doctors opinion over yours anyday of the week.

https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/plans-already-under-way-for-the-summer-trans

Actual quotes from the manager, you mad babe?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/potter-swansea-van-de

Shall I keep going, or did the Americans tell me to post this as well? Grow up. You want a drama watch Eastenders son. Let the grown men discuss football.
Potter Ultimatum? on 13:27 - Apr 11 with 1972 viewsFireboy2

Potter Ultimatum? on 13:13 - Apr 11 by KGriz16

https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/plans-already-under-way-for-the-summer-trans

Actual quotes from the manager, you mad babe?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/potter-swansea-van-de

Shall I keep going, or did the Americans tell me to post this as well? Grow up. You want a drama watch Eastenders son. Let the grown men discuss football.

He said departures 'MAY' not be the case.

Plus when he was interviewed he hadnt yet met birch.

With this lot in charge you can see why fans get negative about squad being dismantled.

And btw i cant stand eastenders, corry is more my cuppa ok BABE
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 13:28]
Potter Ultimatum? on 13:32 - Apr 11 with 1958 viewsKGriz16

Potter Ultimatum? on 13:27 - Apr 11 by Fireboy2

He said departures 'MAY' not be the case.

Plus when he was interviewed he hadnt yet met birch.

With this lot in charge you can see why fans get negative about squad being dismantled.

And btw i cant stand eastenders, corry is more my cuppa ok BABE
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 13:28]

With football mate, there always may be departures. It's the nature of the game. Transfer happen, even to the big boys.
Do you want me to find you an interview where he says he has had lunch with Birch?
May be you should listen to our manager and not what people say on here. Fans aren't negative, we've won three on the trot and have a great team. People just want a soap opera and can't live with the fact that its all one big conspiracy.
Potter Ultimatum? on 14:01 - Apr 11 with 1943 viewsFireboy2

Potter Ultimatum? on 13:32 - Apr 11 by KGriz16

With football mate, there always may be departures. It's the nature of the game. Transfer happen, even to the big boys.
Do you want me to find you an interview where he says he has had lunch with Birch?
May be you should listen to our manager and not what people say on here. Fans aren't negative, we've won three on the trot and have a great team. People just want a soap opera and can't live with the fact that its all one big conspiracy.

Im not being negative babe, in fact im quite positive and i totally expect at least james to go as its a no brainer when we might get well over 10m, we are, always have been and always will be a selling club, the thing that worries me if we sell too many of our in form players when we are really starting to click we wont replace them but rely on the kids again we could suffer from it, i think thats what people are worried about, im hoping as birch doesnt only a have good business sense but hes also played a good level so has a real good insight to how football works he will see the potential in the squad, ateotd the yanks have appointed him for those two reasons, time will tell.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter Ultimatum? on 15:04 - Apr 11 with 1904 viewsDr_Winston

Someone has read a hell of a lot into a simple phrase.

I don't doubt that Potter is aware of where we stand financially and is largely comfortable with it. However, I suspect a number of people are a bit optimistic when calculating how easy it'll be to shift the remaining high earners.

If we can get to a break even point this summer without having to sell players we'd rather keep then Birch will have done a decent job.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potter Ultimatum? on 16:36 - Apr 11 with 1864 viewsBadlands

Potter Ultimatum? on 15:04 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

Someone has read a hell of a lot into a simple phrase.

I don't doubt that Potter is aware of where we stand financially and is largely comfortable with it. However, I suspect a number of people are a bit optimistic when calculating how easy it'll be to shift the remaining high earners.

If we can get to a break even point this summer without having to sell players we'd rather keep then Birch will have done a decent job.

Any player who leaves will attract the following comments -
Sold for the Consortium profit
Couldn't stand being in Swansea because of the consortium

Few will claim - player leaves for ridiculous paydays.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potter Ultimatum? on 16:41 - Apr 11 with 1862 viewsvetchonian

Potter Ultimatum? on 17:40 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Nah mate Potter is a liar and a yes man and don't anyone dare criticise the job he's doing but he doesn't pick the team etc.

Is this sarcasm? Od is this what you believe?

SO Potts isnt picking the team? Who is?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Potter Ultimatum? on 16:50 - Apr 11 with 1857 viewsjasper_T

Potter Ultimatum? on 16:41 - Apr 11 by vetchonian

Is this sarcasm? Od is this what you believe?

SO Potts isnt picking the team? Who is?

American secret agents who go around poisoning our players that get too close to hitting contractual appearance/goalscoring milestones.
Potter Ultimatum? on 17:01 - Apr 11 with 1850 viewsKGriz16

Potter Ultimatum? on 14:01 - Apr 11 by Fireboy2

Im not being negative babe, in fact im quite positive and i totally expect at least james to go as its a no brainer when we might get well over 10m, we are, always have been and always will be a selling club, the thing that worries me if we sell too many of our in form players when we are really starting to click we wont replace them but rely on the kids again we could suffer from it, i think thats what people are worried about, im hoping as birch doesnt only a have good business sense but hes also played a good level so has a real good insight to how football works he will see the potential in the squad, ateotd the yanks have appointed him for those two reasons, time will tell.

Lol you sound positive.

...and you talk sh*t
Potter Ultimatum? on 17:14 - Apr 11 with 1842 viewssdh1412

Personally I think West Brom will come calling at the end of the season and Potter will be gone in a flash.

The squad has been or will be sold around him. He won't be able to make any new signings and his assistant being served a redundancy notice would almost certainly be the final straw.

Enjoy while you can
Potter Ultimatum? on 19:00 - Apr 11 with 1804 viewsBadlands

Potter Ultimatum? on 17:14 - Apr 11 by sdh1412

Personally I think West Brom will come calling at the end of the season and Potter will be gone in a flash.

The squad has been or will be sold around him. He won't be able to make any new signings and his assistant being served a redundancy notice would almost certainly be the final straw.

Enjoy while you can

I don't believe he will.
The squad members who eft the club last summer and January.
Other Fabianski, Fernandez and (unfortunately) Mawson who of the other 17 would have been playing and how have they faired ?
Would you want Clucas on the books?
Loans out -
Again , who have we missed? Bony, injured; Montero, injured: Borja was coming back, Ayews both wanted out; Carroll, injured.

All those leaving has made life a little easier or Potter who hasn't had to put up with moaning players and has been free to develop the team as we have seen in the last half dozen games.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potter Ultimatum? on 19:06 - Apr 11 with 1799 viewsKGriz16

Potter Ultimatum? on 17:14 - Apr 11 by sdh1412

Enjoy while you can

Do some research. Potter has said numerous times he didn’t take the decision to move his family from Sweden lightly. Clown. Boring. Full of sh*t. Gone in a flash - hahahahaha. Grow up. Desperate for the club to fail.
Potter Ultimatum? on 19:14 - Apr 11 with 1790 viewsOldjack

Potter Ultimatum? on 10:39 - Apr 11 by KGriz16

Boring response. Full of conspiracies like most of this forums posters these days.

Graham Potter isn't going anywhere, he's not going to issue an ultimatum to the board. F*cking grow up.

Famous last words and so naive

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Potter Ultimatum? on 19:37 - Apr 11 with 1773 viewsPrivate_Partz

Potter Ultimatum? on 10:39 - Apr 11 by KGriz16

Boring response. Full of conspiracies like most of this forums posters these days.

Graham Potter isn't going anywhere, he's not going to issue an ultimatum to the board. F*cking grow up.

I agree with OJ.
The Yanks have already shown what they were about with the Fer and James fiascoes in the last window.
Potter has obviously worked his balls off to get this fine young team playing the way it is.
If this lot gets cut from under him to support the Hedge Fund, and a decent team come apoaching, then Potter will be offski.
He owes us nothing.
I hope Birch isn't a fool, and the Yanks listen to him, but I would not put my last fiver on it.
It is not a boring response but a very real danger.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Potter Ultimatum? on 19:49 - Apr 11 with 1760 viewsFireboy2

Potter Ultimatum? on 17:01 - Apr 11 by KGriz16

Lol you sound positive.

...and you talk sh*t

Ive tried to be civil but got nowhere
But im not surprised really seeing as im trying to speak sense to an imbecile.

Dont bother trying to reply, you are on ignore.

Bellend
Potter Ultimatum? on 19:50 - Apr 11 with 1758 viewsjack2jack

Potter Ultimatum? on 19:37 - Apr 11 by Private_Partz

I agree with OJ.
The Yanks have already shown what they were about with the Fer and James fiascoes in the last window.
Potter has obviously worked his balls off to get this fine young team playing the way it is.
If this lot gets cut from under him to support the Hedge Fund, and a decent team come apoaching, then Potter will be offski.
He owes us nothing.
I hope Birch isn't a fool, and the Yanks listen to him, but I would not put my last fiver on it.

Great post, my only caveat to this would be we still don't really know what Birch's remit is. Only The Yanks know what it is, time will tell.
Potter Ultimatum? on 20:36 - Apr 11 with 1723 viewsCooperman

Did you have to remind us of that first paragraph?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Potter Ultimatum? on 21:44 - Apr 11 with 1679 viewsKGriz16

Potter Ultimatum? on 19:37 - Apr 11 by Private_Partz

I agree with OJ.
He owes us nothing.

We’ll see.

I can’t believe think this is support. Full of conspiracy theories and nonsense this forum is. Potter lies all the time according to you lot. He’s not going to move his family from Sweden to Swansea and then Birmingham in 2 years. He knew the deal coming to Swansea. He’s stated this several times. He was aware of the financial problems etc. But none of this washes with anyone on here. I’ll leave you ladies gossip. I can’t be bothered no more.
Potter Ultimatum? on 22:01 - Apr 11 with 1660 viewsOldjack

Potter Ultimatum? on 21:44 - Apr 11 by KGriz16

We’ll see.

I can’t believe think this is support. Full of conspiracy theories and nonsense this forum is. Potter lies all the time according to you lot. He’s not going to move his family from Sweden to Swansea and then Birmingham in 2 years. He knew the deal coming to Swansea. He’s stated this several times. He was aware of the financial problems etc. But none of this washes with anyone on here. I’ll leave you ladies gossip. I can’t be bothered no more.

Good !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Potter Ultimatum? on 06:59 - Apr 12 with 1568 viewsPacemaker

Birch has got a good reputation within the game for putting clubs on a good financial footing. I think there is little chance of a fire sale, Potter knew what he was getting into and he knows he has the fans behind him and the team. He has been given an easy ride through the rough patches by us all, not many managers would have had that luxury here or at other clubs.

There is every chance Dan will go but hopefully with Birch dealing with transactions we may get a good deal. VDH and the other senior players want to stay but whether they get the deal they want who knows. I know that after has said he wants to play at the highest level he can, if he can’t get out of this division he would rather stay here. We will do all we can to sell those out on loan/ out of favour.

I am looking forward to the future, not a fan of the owners but there is no evidence within accounts of asset stripping and common sense would indicate that they will be looking for promotion to get some returns for their investment.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Potter Ultimatum? on 08:19 - Apr 12 with 1536 viewsNeath_Jack

Potter Ultimatum? on 21:44 - Apr 11 by KGriz16

We’ll see.

You are right, this site is infested with people looking for a reason, any rumour, just to have a moan. It's like they live for the misery to distract them from their boring lives. I work with plenty of people like these, always looking for the negative, even before it happens.

How hard is it to sit back and wait and see what happens? If something shite goes down then fair enough, moan away.

All the longest, most participated threads on here are based on pure bullshite, anything positive falls off the page withing a day or two.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024