Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cellina 22:16 - Dec 22 with 6574 viewsLandore_Jack

Should have been in the starting lineup.

#backtojack

Cellina on 12:35 - Dec 23 with 1333 viewsjasper_T

Cellina on 11:59 - Dec 23 by 34dfgdf54

He was played because as Potter has said, he wants to see what players here can and can’t do. He is not fancied at all, I would put money on it he isn’t in Potters plans.

He's been at Landore enough to know what the u23s player can and can't do. You don't give a player a second try up top after that sending off if you're "not fancied at all" (rightly or wrongly). Been in and around the travelling squads ever since.

Potter used him well as a piano-carrier. Can think of a few Premier League strikers that made a carrier out of running a lot and nothing more. Stick him up top with James, Celina and Routledge behind when McBurnie needs a rest and we'd probably do better than if we'd played a certain £2m Potter signing there instead.
Cellina on 12:46 - Dec 23 with 1318 viewsvalleyboy

Cellina on 07:50 - Dec 23 by TailGunner

Sorry I didn't mention Celina.
I was referring to the previous 2 wins papering over the cracks for those who are in the shadows, waiting to stick the knife in to the manager.

He's damned whatever he does with some people.

He's getting a bang average squad playing some great stuff at times.

The reason I mentioned Celina was that certain posters were saying that Potter should have played him from the start, whereas I thought Potter was right to put him on the bench

As you said the two previous wins where just wins and nothing else

Nothing much to write about I would say
Cellina on 12:54 - Dec 23 with 1314 viewsTailGunner

Cellina on 12:46 - Dec 23 by valleyboy

The reason I mentioned Celina was that certain posters were saying that Potter should have played him from the start, whereas I thought Potter was right to put him on the bench

As you said the two previous wins where just wins and nothing else

Nothing much to write about I would say

Those wins showed good character, and were much needed.
Should have had a third last night, but that's football.
Cellina on 14:54 - Dec 23 with 1271 viewsjackrmee

Cellina on 08:42 - Dec 23 by TailGunner

I wholeheartedly agree.

The frustration is - will he be funded to get those players? Perfect excuse not to spend anything now, comfortable in mid table.

Feb 1st tells us.

Won't get funds to buy anyone special.
Maybe Shankland and a couple of other unknowns, but that's where we are right now. That's what Potter's good at.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cellina on 14:55 - Dec 23 with 1270 viewsjackrmee

Cellina on 11:58 - Dec 23 by TailGunner

I just don't see the quality, albeit only based on a couple of u23 games & 1 championship game.

He's been bouncing around noon league for a reason.
We need better.

Vardy was bouncing around non league for a lot longer than CBR.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cellina on 15:46 - Dec 23 with 1244 views34dfgdf54

Cellina on 12:35 - Dec 23 by jasper_T

He's been at Landore enough to know what the u23s player can and can't do. You don't give a player a second try up top after that sending off if you're "not fancied at all" (rightly or wrongly). Been in and around the travelling squads ever since.

Potter used him well as a piano-carrier. Can think of a few Premier League strikers that made a carrier out of running a lot and nothing more. Stick him up top with James, Celina and Routledge behind when McBurnie needs a rest and we'd probably do better than if we'd played a certain £2m Potter signing there instead.

Well yeah you do give him a second try, as he couldn’t exactly be judged in 5 minutes could he? Playing in the Championship is a whole different scenario to playing in “Landore” and for the u23s.
Cellina on 15:51 - Dec 23 with 1240 viewsTailGunner

Cellina on 14:55 - Dec 23 by jackrmee

Vardy was bouncing around non league for a lot longer than CBR.

Ones lightening quick - the other is very 1 dimensional

No comparison whatsoever.
Cellina on 16:46 - Dec 23 with 1215 viewsjasper_T

Cellina on 15:46 - Dec 23 by 34dfgdf54

Well yeah you do give him a second try, as he couldn’t exactly be judged in 5 minutes could he? Playing in the Championship is a whole different scenario to playing in “Landore” and for the u23s.

Still a game of football. 22 players, 90 minutes. The way some people talk about development football these kids are being pulled out of the family section and given a pair of shinpads.
Login to get fewer ads

Cellina on 16:48 - Dec 23 with 1213 viewsjacktar

Cellina on 12:26 - Dec 23 by valleyboy

I have to disagree with you in whether McKay had a good game against Brentford as I would say of his performance yesterday

Yes he scored that 1 in a 100 goal at Bolton but then went missing

As for saving James for the Villa game, I would say it’s more to do with the hamstring injury he had a few weeks ago rather than anything else

Celina on the other hand is something different

Inconsistent I would say that he is and makes far too many wrong options

Football to me is a simple game and Celina tries to play football as if he is a Real Madrid or a Barcelona star

I would say that yesterday Potter had the team selection right with the squad that he has. But if you don’t bury your chances into the back of the net, you don’t deserve to win

I agree with your last paragraph.
The starting lineup was good enough and should have had the game won by half time. Even if you allow for the fact that a young team can be inconsistent, there was enough experience on the field to have taken the 3 points yesterday imo.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Cellina on 06:40 - Dec 24 with 1152 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cellina on 12:26 - Dec 23 by valleyboy

I have to disagree with you in whether McKay had a good game against Brentford as I would say of his performance yesterday

Yes he scored that 1 in a 100 goal at Bolton but then went missing

As for saving James for the Villa game, I would say it’s more to do with the hamstring injury he had a few weeks ago rather than anything else

Celina on the other hand is something different

Inconsistent I would say that he is and makes far too many wrong options

Football to me is a simple game and Celina tries to play football as if he is a Real Madrid or a Barcelona star

I would say that yesterday Potter had the team selection right with the squad that he has. But if you don’t bury your chances into the back of the net, you don’t deserve to win

Allow me to take issue with your penultimate paragraph. Celina is a rare talent that should and will be playing regular Premier League football.

He's young and will from time to time will occasionally take the wrong option but his class is undeniable. If we had Leon and a Jon de Guzman type player behind him his inconsistency would largely disappear.

With no out and out DM like Leon playing with tempo and no fetcher / carrier box to box player he is limited just like a striker with no service is limited.

Fer really should be stepping up to the plate but he's either incapable of plain disinterested. I know he has had an injury but his level of match fitness and sharpness is deplorable.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cellina on 09:15 - Dec 24 with 1123 viewsvalleyboy

Cellina on 15:51 - Dec 23 by TailGunner

Ones lightening quick - the other is very 1 dimensional

No comparison whatsoever.

1 dimensional, slow and could lose some weight

Can’t believe that some posters say that he should replace Roden
Cellina on 09:28 - Dec 24 with 1113 viewsvalleyboy

Cellina on 06:40 - Dec 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Allow me to take issue with your penultimate paragraph. Celina is a rare talent that should and will be playing regular Premier League football.

He's young and will from time to time will occasionally take the wrong option but his class is undeniable. If we had Leon and a Jon de Guzman type player behind him his inconsistency would largely disappear.

With no out and out DM like Leon playing with tempo and no fetcher / carrier box to box player he is limited just like a striker with no service is limited.

Fer really should be stepping up to the plate but he's either incapable of plain disinterested. I know he has had an injury but his level of match fitness and sharpness is deplorable.

So if Celina is this rare talent that you say he is.

Then first of all, why did Man City let him go, and then let him go for peanuts????

No way can you compare Celina to be a rare talent in the same way to Harry Wilson of Liverpool now playing for Derby on loan

Let’s see if Liverpool will do the same with Harry Wilson

Somehow I don’t think they will
Cellina on 10:39 - Dec 24 with 1090 viewsTailGunner

Cellina on 09:15 - Dec 24 by valleyboy

1 dimensional, slow and could lose some weight

Can’t believe that some posters say that he should replace Roden

We were discussing Jacarmee comparison of Baker-Richardson and Jamie Vardy.

But Joe does need a break mentally and physically.
So CCV is the only real option as we sold everyone else.
Cellina on 13:33 - Dec 24 with 1047 viewsJonTheJack

Cellina on 08:19 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

The frustration is coming from losing games we should have been out of sight in by half time. Rotherham, Ipswich and yesterday being particularly good examples. Win those three games and we're fourth.

As it stands we are what many people suggested when the window closed. Two or three good players away from having a squad capable of challenging right at the top end.

This is exactly where we are. I'd like to think that most people questioning Celina's continued inclusion came along with a similar opinion of my own in that he just needed a timeout after playing so many ninety minute games.

Hoping to see him back in the starting lineup against Villa.
Cellina on 14:31 - Dec 24 with 1030 viewsvalleyboy

Cellina on 10:39 - Dec 24 by TailGunner

We were discussing Jacarmee comparison of Baker-Richardson and Jamie Vardy.

But Joe does need a break mentally and physically.
So CCV is the only real option as we sold everyone else.

What I have seen of Baker-Richardson so far this season. Playing for teams like Reddich, Kettering and Lemington is about right for his level of playing football

As I said, too slow, can’t read the game at Championship level and and could lose some weight

If the Swans want to lose games then, play him at centrehalf instead of Roden

Just because he’s the only other centre half left. It doesn’t mean you have to consider giving him a game, unless there’s an injury to the other two centrehalves. But then I would consider Naughton rather than Baker Richardson
Cellina on 14:40 - Dec 24 with 1023 viewsnantywatcher

Cellina on 14:31 - Dec 24 by valleyboy

What I have seen of Baker-Richardson so far this season. Playing for teams like Reddich, Kettering and Lemington is about right for his level of playing football

As I said, too slow, can’t read the game at Championship level and and could lose some weight

Just because he’s the only other centre half left. It doesn’t mean you have to consider giving him a game, unless there’s an injury to the other two centrehalves. But then I would consider Naughton rather than Baker Richardson

Why play a striker at "centre half?"
Cellina on 14:41 - Dec 24 with 1023 viewsTailGunner

Cellina on 14:31 - Dec 24 by valleyboy

Baker-Richardson is a centre forward.
Cellina on 15:07 - Dec 24 with 1019 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cellina on 14:41 - Dec 24 by TailGunner

And one that scored a GOAL in his last game and hasn't been seen since, so what does he have to do?
ps According to Flashscore.com he has been injured since the 10th of November, I haven't seen anything else about it though.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 15:13]
Cellina on 15:25 - Dec 24 with 1010 viewsjasper_T

Cellina on 15:07 - Dec 24 by A_Fans_Dad

And one that scored a GOAL in his last game and hasn't been seen since, so what does he have to do?
ps According to Flashscore.com he has been injured since the 10th of November, I haven't seen anything else about it though.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 15:13]

I think Potter mentioned a slight knock a while back but nothing since. He's been training normally based on the videos and been in travelling squads if not quite the matchday 18 since Bony's return.
Cellina on 15:41 - Dec 24 with 996 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cellina on 09:28 - Dec 24 by valleyboy

So if Celina is this rare talent that you say he is.

Then first of all, why did Man City let him go, and then let him go for peanuts????

No way can you compare Celina to be a rare talent in the same way to Harry Wilson of Liverpool now playing for Derby on loan

Let’s see if Liverpool will do the same with Harry Wilson

Somehow I don’t think they will

I could be wrong but I heard they had a buy back option so it's not like they were desperate to get rid, more like he was desperate to get away and play first team football.

If you think just because he can't get into Manchester City's first team at 19 with all that experienced and expensive talent ahead of him - he's an average player -then perhaps should go and watch Cardiff as I'm sure they have players that better suit your criteria.

Cellina on 19:17 - Dec 24 with 954 viewsvalleyboy

Cellina on 14:41 - Dec 24 by TailGunner

Sorry

Mixed him up with Carter-Vickers
Cellina on 20:17 - Dec 24 with 933 views34dfgdf54

Cellina on 16:46 - Dec 23 by jasper_T

Still a game of football. 22 players, 90 minutes. The way some people talk about development football these kids are being pulled out of the family section and given a pair of shinpads.

The way you talk is some of these lads should be pulled out of the u23s and expected to be competing in a side looking for promotion out of a league which is as competitive as it gets.

You saying “it’s just a game of football, 22 players, 90 minutes” confirms to me you are literally living in a complete dream world. There’s boys down in the Swansea senior league playing “22 players, 90 minutes”.
Cellina on 20:19 - Dec 24 with 923 viewsWarwickHunt

Cellina on 20:17 - Dec 24 by 34dfgdf54

The way you talk is some of these lads should be pulled out of the u23s and expected to be competing in a side looking for promotion out of a league which is as competitive as it gets.

You saying “it’s just a game of football, 22 players, 90 minutes” confirms to me you are literally living in a complete dream world. There’s boys down in the Swansea senior league playing “22 players, 90 minutes”.

Not literally. That would be a nightmare.
Cellina on 20:20 - Dec 24 with 922 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In reality it's all down to the mix of the team. If we had a back six of battled experienced dogs our youngsters would absolutely thrive. Unfortunately we don't .

Cellina on 20:41 - Dec 24 with 903 viewsjasper_T

That sentence you've put in quotation marks isn't what I said.

As you can see in the quote, I said "Still a game of football. 22 players, 90 minutes." in response to your claim that "Playing in the Championship is a whole different scenario to playing in “Landore” and for the u23s". It's a step up, there are differences, but Potter didn't have just 5 minutes and one touch of football to judge CBR's worth when he gave him his second chance. He's seen him play football before.

A player's performance in U23s fixtures is a significant indication of what they might do in a more competitive, higher level game of football (22 players, 90 minutes plus stoppage time). Strengths and weaknesses are known, the questions are over how well those will translate to tougher circumstances. DJ and Rodon are playing exactly how they did at U23s level. Byers has found it tougher. None of them are pulling rabonas out of thin air. 90% of the puzzle was filled in.

You consistently misread my posts to conjure up the most extreme opinions, just so you can disagree with these imaginings and act like I'm some sort of loon (who hates Graham Potter). It very strange. Have you done a media degree by chance? Journalists do this sort of thing all the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024