Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. 13:06 - May 14 with 111841 viewsomarjack

LAST UPDATE: (1 September 2018) (worst case scenario)

-Alfie Mawson:15 £ (done)

-Sam Clucas:6 £ (done)

-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (done)

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (done)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (done)

-Federico Fernandez:6 £ (done)

-Jordi Amat:1 £ (done)

-Andre Ayew:1.3 £ (loan) (done)

-Jordan Ayew:(loan) (done)

-Borja Baston:(loan) (done)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:45.8 £

Signings:

1-Bersant Celina:3 £

2-Joel Asoro:2 £

3-Barrie McKay:0.5 £

4-Declan John:0.8 £

5-Carter-Vickers:(loan)

6-CMF:(loan)

7-CF:(loan)

TOTAL:6.3 £

Net spend: - 39.5 £

-It's also worth mentioning that Graham Potter's compensation is said to be worth 8 m kronas which is worth 680.000 £

*Note:Some deals might be loans or free transfers.

Our squad should look like:

3-5-2

---------------------Bony/Asoro------------McBurnie/Narsingh------------

-----------Celina/Dhanda----------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John---------------Fer/Fulton-----------------Roberts/Naughton

---------Carter-Vickers-------Van der Hoorn---------Rodon-------

---------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder---------------------

4-3-3

------------------------------------McBurnie/Bony--------------------

--------Montero/McKay------------------------------------------Asoro/Narsingh-------

----------------------------------------Celina/Dhanda----------------------------

---------------------------Fer/Fulton--------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John--------Careter-Vickers/Rodon---------Van der Hoorn-------Roberts/Naughton

----------------------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder------------------------------------

+ other academy players like Byers ,Maric,etc could step in..and Dyer and Routledge.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:10 - May 29 with 5748 viewsmagicdaps10

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:01 - May 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Dwight Gayle.

Good Championship record (36 In 61). Has been linked before. Unlikely to get a game at Newcastle next season.

Vydra is someone in the same mould as Gayle, will score goals at championship level but always struggles when in the prem.

I think this Jack Marriott at Peterborough is going to be very similar.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 02:22 - May 31 with 5619 viewsomarjack

Realistic and updated analysis of player sales for the next transfer window:(only senior squad)

-Alfie Mawson:20 £ (That's the minimum he'd sell for imo)

-Jordan Ayew:14 £ (If his reported release clause is accurate,I can see few clubs willing to pay that amount)

-Roque Mesa:7 £ (His switch to Sevilla is apparently very close to happening,I'd say it's a decent figure. As I'd expect us to take a bigger hit)

-Lukasz Fabianski:5 £ (Realistic)

-Jordi Amat:5 £ (After the successful loan spell at Betis,It'd be crazy to sell him for less)

-Luciano Narsingh:5 £ (Fenerbahce will probably be ok with paying that)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (He's probably going to Leeds,meaning we'll lose 4 CBs this window)

-Andre Ayew:loaned out (Unfortunately,I can't really see him sold at a high price already. And a loan move is probably at this point,probably next season he'll sell for about 6-7 m or so)

-Federico Fernandez:loaned out (Note sure about this one,But a loan deal looks likely,Then to be sold next year for little)

-Wilfried Bony:loaned out (Maybe some club in Turkey or China would agree to pay his wages,We'll be able to get rid of him for the remainder of his contract,But the club won't receive a penny in fee)

-Borja Baston:loaned out or released? (even if we sell him we won't receive more than a couple of millions anyway,What a f*cking disaster)

-Jefferson Montero:released (this guy is finished at any level,And what a shame because he showed promise,The point is we won't see a penny in compensation for him)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:60 £ (conservative figure assuming we'll still get about 10 £ for Andre Ayew and Fernandez etc at one point)

Realistically the owners would want to save up about 40 £ in sales to keep the club afloat (considering the wage bill and expenses were severely cut)

That will leave us with a transfer budget of about 20 £

We need the following:

-CB

-DMF

-AMF/LW/RW

-RW/LW

-CF (Ghoddos for 5 £ ?)

So we need minimum 5 players with a minimal amount of money,Now surely we can get a few loans and freebies..But still it's going to be rough. Especially since the squad will still be very thin and relying mostly on academy players on the bench (I'd say we'll have about 15 senior players and the rest will have to be academy players)
[Post edited 31 May 2018 2:30]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 07:13 - May 31 with 5561 viewsChief

Linked to young Wales centre back Chris Mepham today. Would be a decent signing.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 07:37 - May 31 with 5544 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 07:13 - May 31 by Chief

Linked to young Wales centre back Chris Mepham today. Would be a decent signing.

Mentioned him to one of the lads yesterday, very good player, would be chuffed if we got him.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:19 - May 31 with 5456 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 07:13 - May 31 by Chief

Apparently Bournemouth bid 5.5 m for him last January and it was rejected..they want close to 10 m perhaps..not happening for us.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:25 - May 31 with 5447 viewsdobjack2

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:19 - May 31 by omarjack

Apparently Bournemouth bid 5.5 m for him last January and it was rejected..they want close to 10 m perhaps..not happening for us.

I get the feeling that a lot of people think we will be in for this type of player, if so there is going to be a melt down.

We have to be looking to sign this type of player as a cast off from a top 6 club or as a stepping up from a league 1 or 2 club and develop them. I would be surprised if we can afford to buy from other championship clubs.

We will also be in the loan market, probably for promising youngsters.
[Post edited 31 May 2018 13:27]
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:18 - May 31 with 5404 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:25 - May 31 by dobjack2

I get the feeling that a lot of people think we will be in for this type of player, if so there is going to be a melt down.

We have to be looking to sign this type of player as a cast off from a top 6 club or as a stepping up from a league 1 or 2 club and develop them. I would be surprised if we can afford to buy from other championship clubs.

We will also be in the loan market, probably for promising youngsters.
[Post edited 31 May 2018 13:27]

We flooded our squad with Championship players over the years and here we are..

If we fill it with League One/Two players..where will we end up you think?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:58 - May 31 with 5357 viewsdobjack2

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:18 - May 31 by omarjack

We flooded our squad with Championship players over the years and here we are..

If we fill it with League One/Two players..where will we end up you think?

We flooded previous teams with players from lower divisions didn’t do too badly. It’s about constructing a team and getting the right players.

Our last few managers have been firefighting and our recruitment shite.

I can’t see us outbidding other teams on fees or wages therefore need smart recruitment, Something that has been lacking and smart coaching.
Login to get fewer ads

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:07 - Jun 1 with 5197 viewsKGriz16

We're 25/1 to sign Joe Hart on loan.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:47 - Jun 2 with 5051 viewsomarjack

Academy players from the top 6 could be really good for us..Although the deals for the best ones are likely to be loan deals..some names we should consider other than Wilson,Woodburn,Mount,Miazga,Ampadu which are names I've already mentioned..

-Callum Hudson-Odoi (17 years old Chelsea AMF who scored 6 goals in 10 appearances with the U23. He's also had multiples caps with the U17 and U18 England team,He's never had any experience outside of Chelsea,And played only 27 minutes over 2 games on a senior level,Could be risky but he's one of Chelsea's best youth prospects)

-Daishawn Redan (Another Chelsea prospect,17 years old coming from Ajax's youth system,He scored 19 goals out of 28 matches in all competitions last year,he's a CF)

-Mason Greenwood (16 years old AMF who plays as AMF with Man Utd U18..he scored 16 goals in 17 matches)

-Vlad Dragomir (Arsenal,19 years old,plays as AMF,Can see Arsenal letting him go on a permanent deal)

-Hamza Chodhury (Although he doesn't play for a top 6 club,he's still worth a look at,a Leicester DMF who's one of the best youth prospects in the country,He's already played 8 senior matches,So I'm not sure if Leicester would want to loan him at a lesser level)

-Brahim Diaz (Man City AMF,certainly needs experience although has really good potential,Swansea could be a stepping stone for him)

other names to consider as well:

-Marcus Maddison (AMF for Petersborough who ripped League One with 8 goals and 18 assists,I saw today that he's linked with Sunderland and Reading)

-Ferdi Kadioglu (7 goals and 12 assists in the 2nd tier in the Netherlands despite being only 18,His club Nijemen failed to gain promotion,Therefore it'd be easy to snap him)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:48 - Jun 5 with 4937 viewsomarjack

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u= http://fotbolltransfers.com/site/news/93953&prev=search

Ken Sema talks about Potter's departure and Swansea interest.

I couldn't really translate what's been said perfectly..It'd be nice if our dear Swedish friend Wark can help us shed the light on what's he's saying.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:02 - Jun 5 with 4886 viewsKerouac

Updating my previous post (sorry if this offends anyone, just like to use pre-season threads like this to order my thoughts as we go along)....

New Manager

Graham Potter (yay! I reckon he's perfect...needs time, 2/3 seasons, and backing)

Sell

Lukasz Fabianski - £10m

Federico Fernandez - £6m

Alfie Mawson - £25m
(should stay in the Championship with us imo, lots still to learn but there we are)

Jordi Amat - £4m
(We should try and keep him but it looks like he'll have an option in Spain and wants it)

Roque Mesa - £8m
(Would love him to stay though)

Players we actually seem to be trying to move on...

Wilfried Bony - £F*ck knows
(AEK Athens, allegedly)

Roque Mesa - £6-8m

Likely Squad (based on what we know thus far)

Goalkeepers

1) Kristoffer Nordfeldt
2) Erwin Mulder

Right-back
3) Kyle Naughton
4) Connor Roberts

Left-back
5) Martin Olsson
6) ????????????

Centre-back
7) Mike Van der Hoorn
8) Kyle Bartley
9) Joe Rodon / Cian Harries
10) ?????????????

Defensive Midfield
11) Jay Fulton
12) ?????????????

Box to box Midfielder
13) Leroy Fer
14) Sam Clucas

Playmaker
15) Tom Carroll
16) ?????????????

Right-wing
17) Luciano Narsingh
18) Nathan Dyer

Left-wing
19) Ken Sema - Seems a likely transfer
20) Yann Dhanda

Striker
21) Wilfried Bony (Target man)
22) Oliver McBurnie (Poacher)
23) Jordan Ayew (Inside Forward)
24) Andre Ayew (Inside Forward)
25) Saman Ghoddos (No.10/Attacking Mid) - Seems nailed on...will he play in midfield or replace outgoing Striker/s though?

Wildcards
26) Daniel James
27) George Byers
28) Steven Benda (3rd choice Keeper)

Players we need

1) Centre-half
Someone experienced. A leader. A calm head. A captain.

2) Left-back
Again...Someone experienced. A leader. Ideally someone who could fill in at Centre-Back if required also.
If we get the right player Olsson would be freed up as an option further forward.
Jordi (the Ecuadorian ex-Real Madrid youngster) ?

3) Defensive Midfielder
Someone experienced. A leader. Add to the shopping list; works his nuts off, is aggressive, does the simple things well.
Though if we can't find such a player who wants to play for us we could do a lot worse than Ethan Ampadu.

4) Playmaker
Someone high energy, young and hungry. Someone who can get among the goals, someone who takes risks, someone who is cocky/arrogant and lives for shutting up critics mouths.
Harry Wilson or is Saman Ghoddos this player?

Players we seem to be signing

5) Left-wingers
Two of them! Ken Sema and Yann Dhanda

Players we have actually signed

Players we have actually sold/released

1) Ki Seung-Yeung - £0
2) Angel Rangel - £0
3) Leon Britton - £0
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 13:18]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:31 - Jun 5 with 4797 viewsomarjack

Our squad next season will probably look something like this:

GK:Nordfeldt/Mulder
RB:Naughton/Roberts
CB:Van Der Hoorn/???
CB:???/Rodon
LB:Olsson
CMF:Fer/Fulton
CMF:Clucas/Carroll
AMF:???/Byers
RW:???/Dyer
LW:Sema/Routledge
CF:McBurnie/Ghoddos

+ other academy players like Grimes,Maric,Dhanda etc could step in

BUYS: (budget around 20 m)

Ghoddos:5 m
Sema:2 m
AMF:8 m
CB:5 m
CB:free or loan
RW:free or loan

From the way It's looking, The squad will be really thin, Although with the right replacements..The starting 11 should be competitive enough for the Championship.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:44 - Jun 6 with 4626 viewsomarjack

I truly think we should be in for Mo Besic.

He's done really well with Middlesbrough..played every game and with his help as a defensive cover they managed to reach the play-offs..He's still very young as well..Can play as a DMF/CB and RB..And Everton want to sell.

But this has too many obstacles..

-Middlesbrough are in pole position to sign him.
-He still has 3 years left on his contract which means Everton are likely to demand a big fee (7-8 m?)
-His wage demands are likely to be a bit too high.
-The worst of all..His injury record..He spent almost the entire 2016/2017 campaign injured (although he's been fit ever since so you never know)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:25 - Jun 6 with 4607 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Can't see anyone taking Bony, and a lot of those might want to sit on their contracts, if they can't match the wages?
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:28 - Jun 6 with 4605 viewsAlfieMooresSon

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:10 - May 29 by magicdaps10

Vydra is someone in the same mould as Gayle, will score goals at championship level but always struggles when in the prem.

I think this Jack Marriott at Peterborough is going to be very similar.

Agree on Vydra he is good in the Championship, but would they sell?
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:32 - Jun 6 with 4599 viewsomarjack

Another CB to be considered (assuming we lose Mawson,Fernandez,Bartley and Amat)

Filip Helander (Swedish/25 years old/Bologna)

His good performances in Serie A earned him a call to the World Cup with Sweden. He's 1.92 cm and really good in the air..His injury record is good..And looks like the kind of player who could be very similar to VDH who fairly impressed with us last season.

I can't think of any negatives here..He has only 12 months on his deal..It's not likely that Bologna would demand more than 3 m for him, His salary (In Italy the figures are public) is only 5 k/week which means we can offer him more and lure him away.

Problem is that Aston Villa are reportedly interested in him to replace John Terry (although we all know they can't afford to a pot to p!ss in) And Leeds as well in case they fail in bringing Bartley.

We haven't showed any interest in him but I think we should (we still need another CB of course)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:38 - Jun 6 with 4592 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:25 - Jun 6 by AlfieMooresSon

Can't see anyone taking Bony, and a lot of those might want to sit on their contracts, if they can't match the wages?

Unfortunately we'll be losing Bony for free (we practically w@nkered 22 m on him and his salary with no return)

I'm certain some club would agree to pay most of his wages in Turkey/China etc to help us cut our losses)

As for Andre..someone will take him if we give a proper discount (if we sell low at around 8-10 m it'll help clubs to almost match his wages) And I'm certain many clubs in France,Italy etc could be interested..After all he is in fact a good player..just it didn't work out well for him with us this time.

The thing is..with relegation clauses Bony and Andre's salaries are not that hard to match anymore for clubs outside of the Championship..Therefore offloading them (Especially Andre) shouldn't be so hard.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:53 - Jun 6 with 4569 viewsomarjack

According to reports..We're in for Benik Afobe 5 days after he signed for Wolverhampton as a part of his loan agreement from Bournemouth..And Wolves are already keen on offloading him and a 12 m figure is being mentioned..

Stoke and Cardiff are also interested.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:00 - Jun 6 with 4559 viewsBadlands

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:38 - Jun 6 by omarjack

Unfortunately we'll be losing Bony for free (we practically w@nkered 22 m on him and his salary with no return)

I'm certain some club would agree to pay most of his wages in Turkey/China etc to help us cut our losses)

As for Andre..someone will take him if we give a proper discount (if we sell low at around 8-10 m it'll help clubs to almost match his wages) And I'm certain many clubs in France,Italy etc could be interested..After all he is in fact a good player..just it didn't work out well for him with us this time.

The thing is..with relegation clauses Bony and Andre's salaries are not that hard to match anymore for clubs outside of the Championship..Therefore offloading them (Especially Andre) shouldn't be so hard.

Any ideas / insight into how our insurance work?
Surely Bony's wages would be covered while he's injured!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:05 - Jun 6 with 4557 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:00 - Jun 6 by Badlands

Any ideas / insight into how our insurance work?
Surely Bony's wages would be covered while he's injured!

I'm not an expert of this subject obviously but we're only speculating for fun.

During injuries players in general don't get their wages covered..we only pay insurance to cover medical bills+in case a player dies or gets a career ending injury..That's what I think.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:09 - Jun 6 with 4543 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:38 - Jun 6 by omarjack

Who are the players that Dineen admitted don’t have a relegation clause?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Andre and Bony are two of them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:15 - Jun 6 with 4533 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:09 - Jun 6 by Joe_bradshaw

Who are the players that Dineen admitted don’t have a relegation clause?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Andre and Bony are two of them.

This is the 1st time I hear about this,

I believe Andre is probably one of them because we bought him at a very desperate time and he was holding all the cards..It wouldn't surprise me if he had a fairly low relegation clause (in the region of 10 m) as well.

If that's the case..We must offload him..We can't afford not to (unless he plays most matches and turns into a +20 goals scorer)
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 11:16]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:17 - Jun 7 with 4363 viewsomarjack

Some updates..

-Ken Sema has spoken about Swansea's situation..

When asked if he would be ready to leave Ostersunds during the summer, he told Aftonbladet : "I have been in Östersund for a while and did well in the Swedish league and internationally.

"Clearly you have goals and dreams and want to see how good you can be. I'm ready for major challenges.

"It's now this summer I'd rather go, you want to come to a new club that's in its pre-season to get settled in well."

in a previous interview:

Sema appeared to suggest to the media that a move away from Ostersunds this summer could well be on the cards.

"There is a lot of interest. But it’s up to ÖFK what they want and what I want, but something might happen soon."

So there is a lot of interest..he has only 6 months left in his contract..he says he'd rather go..and something might happen soon..it's all but confirmed?

-Peterborough want 6.5 m for Jack Marriott,but up to 8 Championship clubs are interested and Bristol are favourites..Could be a decent replacement for McBurnie if he leaves.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 10:18]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:05 - Jun 7 with 4315 viewsomarjack

Sam Vokes could be an interesting one..He's hardly getting game time at Burnley with Wood and Barnes being in top form.

This season he kind of underwhelmed scoring 4 in 30 matches..But the season before that he scored a very convincing 10 goals in 36 matches.

But the stats that are more interesting are his last 2 Championship seasons with Burnley..he scored 35 goals in 82 matches..

Has 1 year left on his contract..decent injury record..Plus he's Welsh which is important to many..But it's been said that Stoke are interested (they're interested in anything with 2 legs)

I'm not sure if Burnley are willing to sell..And for now much..but can't see them asking for more than 7 m.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 11:06]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024