Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently 08:09 - Mar 26 with 11974 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City hope to sign midfielder Andy King permanently in the summer if they secure Premier League survival.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43538598

#backtojack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:16 - Mar 27 with 3091 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 05:59 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

One minute people are castigating Jenkins for only signing players he knows, the next we get continued demands to resign Joe Allen.

The time to do a deal was before the Euros when we could have signed him, sold Ki and ended up roughly breaking even. We dallied and the price went above what we really should be looking to pay.

If Stoke go down and he's available for a sub £10m price then perhaps it's something worth resurrecting, but I wouldn't be looking to pay more than that.

If we're looking to "go large" for anyone it should be for a player who can add goals and creativity to our forward line. I'd rather try to prise Shaqiri from there first.

Not a snowflake's chance in hell Joey will only cost anywhere near 10 million.

I'd imagine he would be the best part of whatever we receive for Mawson.

As I said earlier he will be to expensive for us & will probably end up @ someone like West Ham (if they stay up). Personally think he would be an excellent signing for Arsenal.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:28 - Mar 27 with 3089 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:16 - Mar 27 by pencoedjack

Not a snowflake's chance in hell Joey will only cost anywhere near 10 million.

I'd imagine he would be the best part of whatever we receive for Mawson.

As I said earlier he will be to expensive for us & will probably end up @ someone like West Ham (if they stay up). Personally think he would be an excellent signing for Arsenal.

I suspect you're overrating him a bit, but that's not uncommon in these parts. He's had a stint at a top club under a manager who really understood him and it didn't work out. If Arsenal have any designs on getting back to the level they used to inhabit they'll need better than him.

Having said that he is a good player. Certainly good enough for us and an ideal replacement for Ki if, as seems likely, he scoots at the end of the season. Talk of him being £20m worth is crazy though, especially from a club likely to be taking the drop.

We sold him for £15m. Liverpool sold him for £13m. Is his price really going to rise after a relegation?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:43 - Mar 27 with 3073 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:28 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

I suspect you're overrating him a bit, but that's not uncommon in these parts. He's had a stint at a top club under a manager who really understood him and it didn't work out. If Arsenal have any designs on getting back to the level they used to inhabit they'll need better than him.

Having said that he is a good player. Certainly good enough for us and an ideal replacement for Ki if, as seems likely, he scoots at the end of the season. Talk of him being £20m worth is crazy though, especially from a club likely to be taking the drop.

We sold him for £15m. Liverpool sold him for £13m. Is his price really going to rise after a relegation?

We will agree to disagree (for a change) I would say Joe Allen is a very underrated whether that be in Swansea or generally.

As you know last summer saw a massive increase in the transfer fees & saying Joey wouldn't be around the 20 million mark is pretty naive.

Anyway lets hope you are right f(or a change) & relegated Stoke sell Joe back to us for 10 million.

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:44 - Mar 27 with 3072 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 12:41 - Mar 26 by Tom1912

Exactly. He's a great pro that will put in 7/10 performances every week. Not to be sniffed at.

I know this was one game but against West Ham he totally freed up Ki by controlling the mid field
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:14 - Mar 27 with 3050 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:28 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

You're forgetting the Jenkins factor...
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 21:46 - Mar 28 with 2908 viewskarnataka

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 13:19 - Mar 26 by Neath_Jack

A steal at that price IMO.

I know someone will come up with some random foreign player that is cheaper, as a comparison, but save it for those easily impressed by foreign names,

Very experienced player who does all the basic things well, something we've been sorely missing.

Leicester defied all the odds by winning the title by having lots of players doing the basics well but quickly and then having Vardy & Mahrez up front. King has been schooled in moving the ball on quickly and forwards. It's what Leicester did and it showed in the West Ham game because we didn't have anyone else doing it. If he continues to do that, great, bring it on, but I just hope he doesn't get dragged down to end up as a typical (recent) Swansea sideways and backwards midfielder. He's not the answer to our midfield but he would definitely be a step in the right direction imo.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:50 - Mar 28 with 2865 viewsJohnw102

Personally I think we should have stuck with Jack Cork, far better player than King.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 01:40 - Mar 29 with 2849 viewsDJack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 23:50 - Mar 28 by Johnw102

Personally I think we should have stuck with Jack Cork, far better player than King.

TBH I was underwhelmed with the King signing and I appreciated Corky (bollix, I liked him, steady Eddy that he was) but it is way to early to make that sort of statement.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 21:59 - Apr 7 with 2719 viewsLeonWasGod

Hmm, starting to think West Ham was a one off. I’d like to see a lot more from him if we’re going to sign him. Poor again today imo and didn’t work well with Carroll.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 22:05 - Apr 7 with 2685 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 21:59 - Apr 7 by LeonWasGod

Hmm, starting to think West Ham was a one off. I’d like to see a lot more from him if we’re going to sign him. Poor again today imo and didn’t work well with Carroll.

Contributed very little today, been an ok player but now in the latter stages of his career but
would be relatively cheap for the PL..........sounds ideal for us.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 22:23 - Apr 7 with 2631 viewsYossarian

An empty car pulled up.....and Andy King got out. Would never, never have got within our first team a few years ago, and the suggestion would have rightly had people rolling in the aisles....ffs.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 22:44 - Apr 7 with 2609 viewsRancid

I like him decent player.Very much like most of our midfield for the last 4 or 5 years.Nothing fancy just steady eddies.Ki's replacement yeah?
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 00:32 - Apr 8 with 2524 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 22:44 - Apr 7 by Rancid

I like him decent player.Very much like most of our midfield for the last 4 or 5 years.Nothing fancy just steady eddies.Ki's replacement yeah?

The problem is that all the flair has gone to be replaced by steady eddies. Not good enough for this division.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 01:17 - Apr 8 with 2496 viewsswan65split

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 00:32 - Apr 8 by dobjack2

The problem is that all the flair has gone to be replaced by steady eddies. Not good enough for this division.

exactly from flair to "bare" nothing , today show how far we have fallen. yes survival is important, but ffs it was ambition that got us here, dont lose it or we are fooked.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 02:20 - Apr 8 with 2471 viewsRancid

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 00:32 - Apr 8 by dobjack2

No but it's what will happen.It's been the way since Laudrup and then Shelvey left.Sigurdsson coupled with a good defense had been the way after that.Our midfield has been pretty 'safe' for a few years now and do a good job of keeping a club in the Premier League without anyone realizing it .
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 06:59 - Apr 8 with 2387 viewsjack247

You need steady Eddies like King in the team. They allow the flair players to perform.

The trouble isn’t that we haven’t got that type of player, it’s that they haven’t worked out. Sanches being the prime example. Bony showed a bit in the brief period he was fully fit. Mesa was brought in to get our midfield purring. Jordan has been excellent, especially since Carlos took over, Andre hasn’t quite reached the heights of his last spell yet, but has it in him.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:25 - Apr 8 with 2349 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 21:59 - Apr 7 by LeonWasGod

He did alot better than carroll who was afraid of his own shadow

Couldnt believe king got replaced when it should have been carroll

As someone has stated every team needs a king in their midfield to allow the ki's of this world to flourish
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:24 - Apr 8 with 2310 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 06:59 - Apr 8 by jack247

You need steady Eddies like King in the team. They allow the flair players to perform.

The trouble isn’t that we haven’t got that type of player, it’s that they haven’t worked out. Sanches being the prime example. Bony showed a bit in the brief period he was fully fit. Mesa was brought in to get our midfield purring. Jordan has been excellent, especially since Carlos took over, Andre hasn’t quite reached the heights of his last spell yet, but has it in him.

My comment was aimed specifically at the midfield, but I agree with your general point.

In a club like ours unless we have a lucky break with recruitment we will always have a number of steady eddies but hopefully interspersed with a bit of flair and talent. Most importantly playing as a team with each person knowing their role.

Mesa was I feel an attempt at an upgraded steady Eddie whilst Sanches was an ill judged attempt to get some flair into the side. None of our central midfielders does anything particularly well and that then leaves the forwards isolated/lacking something creative to get on the end of.

We have another coach who is firefighting, trying to make something out of the players we have. Unless our recruitment gets smarter nothing will change until we are finally relegated, which could still happen this season.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:53 - Apr 8 with 2280 viewsPegojack

I made the second post in this thread and I haven't changed my opinion.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 11:39 - Apr 8 with 2228 viewsmagicdaps10

We need flair, there is a foundation in place but we need a creative spark in the middle of the park and pace.

The squad is not the best but with some considerable and thoughtful tweaking, things can be turned around.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024