Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United 11:33 - Jan 3 with 18699 viewsRAFCBLUE

Our friends from Lower Gigg are tremendously excited that these two players are about to sign loan deals; though nothing formally confirmed yet.

Are we in for them too? Before casting aspersions on how our friends financially might be able to afford their wages, both are good players and look surplus to requirements at Sheffield where we have the connection of Matt Done.

Hanson would be a good target man option and Lavery is a great attacking option and a friend of Matty Lund and Callum Camps from their time with Northern Ireland.

Good options?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 00:34 - Jan 4 with 2777 viewsSandyman

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:32 - Jan 3 by kiwidale

Your being silly now a goal scoring center half at Rochdale is laughable, in fact our best center half Mcgahey played full back (not for the first time either) and got subbed.

You forget Craig Dawson as goal scoring centre half yer numpty
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 00:42 - Jan 4 with 2765 viewskiwidale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:37 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

"It beggars belief that player targets and their clubs have not been approached several weeks ago"

How do you know they haven't? None of us do yet.

I cant answer you Ive banned myself till Feb.

This is not the time for bickering.

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 00:52 - Jan 4 with 2749 viewssweetcorn

I’m sorry but james hanson isn’t actually all that, people just want to sign him because he used to play for bradford and sheffield united and has a bit of a name in league one..

He’s never been a prolific goalscorer anywhere he’s been, one look at his career stats will tell you all you need to know.. we already have a big lump who doesn’t know how to score, so i dont see the need to sign another one tbf..

I want us to sign the type of player the squad doesnt currently contain and thats a goalscorer, so if keith could go out and find us one, that’d be grand..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 01:35 - Jan 4 with 2715 viewsJimmyRustler

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 00:42 - Jan 4 by kiwidale

I cant answer you Ive banned myself till Feb.

There is a God!
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 08:12 - Jan 4 with 2611 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 00:52 - Jan 4 by sweetcorn

I’m sorry but james hanson isn’t actually all that, people just want to sign him because he used to play for bradford and sheffield united and has a bit of a name in league one..

He’s never been a prolific goalscorer anywhere he’s been, one look at his career stats will tell you all you need to know.. we already have a big lump who doesn’t know how to score, so i dont see the need to sign another one tbf..

I want us to sign the type of player the squad doesnt currently contain and thats a goalscorer, so if keith could go out and find us one, that’d be grand..

He's a 1 goal every four games striker rather than a 4 goals in every 1 season which would be a start.

I'd also imagine that he could play more than 20 minutes every fortnight which is an improvement on our other star striker!

If our game plan was to lump it up to him and have Hendo and Done picking up the scraps I could cope with that, as it seams to be more of a game plan that we have at the moment.

None of this matters now as our financially crippled neighbours. who are in a worse position in the league have at least bothered to try something to change their fortunes.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 09:57 - Jan 4 with 2519 viewsParkinsGimp

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 00:52 - Jan 4 by sweetcorn

Did anybody care to take a look at Andrews stats before signing him from a non league team...or perhaps look at his goal scoring prowess when offering him a new contract to take us to the promised land!
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 10:09 - Jan 4 with 2507 viewsRAFCBLUE

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 08:12 - Jan 4 by SteTsGoldenBoot

He's a 1 goal every four games striker rather than a 4 goals in every 1 season which would be a start.

I'd also imagine that he could play more than 20 minutes every fortnight which is an improvement on our other star striker!

If our game plan was to lump it up to him and have Hendo and Done picking up the scraps I could cope with that, as it seams to be more of a game plan that we have at the moment.

None of this matters now as our financially crippled neighbours. who are in a worse position in the league have at least bothered to try something to change their fortunes.

You're spot on with Hanson, Ste.

If you take a look at his Bradford league contributions (from 2009/10 to when they sold him in 2017) he has:

* a participation rate of 77% (283 appearances from a maximum 368 starts)
* 77 goals in those 283 appearances (1 goal every 330 league minutes or 3.67 games)
* played five consecutive seasons in League 1, including 1 promotion.

Whilst at Bradford their league performances:
09/10 - League 2 - 59 goals, Hanson scored 12 (20 %)
10/11 - League 2 - 43 goals, Hanson scored 6 (14 %)
11/12 - League 2 - 54 goals, Hanson scored 13 (24 %)
12/13 - League 2 - 63 goals, Hanson scored 10 (16 %)
13/14 - League 2 - 57 goals, Hanson scored 12 (22 %)
14/15 - League 2 - 55 goals, Hanson scored 9 (16 %)
15/16 - League 2 - 55 goals, Hanson scored 11 (20 %)
16/17 - League 2 - 62 goals, Hanson scored 4 (6 %)
TOTAL - 448 goals; Hanson scored 77 (17%)

For such a present forward to score such a low percentage of a teams goals shows whilst having a participation rate of 77% he brings in to play the rest of the team.

Him, Done and Hendo would have been an interesting front three combinations to have watched IMO. He brings other players into games and makes other players look better.

If you want a comparator have a look at Stephen Davies' participation rate for the same period.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:00 - Jan 4 with 2361 viewsYorkshire_Dale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 10:09 - Jan 4 by RAFCBLUE

You're spot on with Hanson, Ste.

If you take a look at his Bradford league contributions (from 2009/10 to when they sold him in 2017) he has:

* a participation rate of 77% (283 appearances from a maximum 368 starts)
* 77 goals in those 283 appearances (1 goal every 330 league minutes or 3.67 games)
* played five consecutive seasons in League 1, including 1 promotion.

Whilst at Bradford their league performances:
09/10 - League 2 - 59 goals, Hanson scored 12 (20 %)
10/11 - League 2 - 43 goals, Hanson scored 6 (14 %)
11/12 - League 2 - 54 goals, Hanson scored 13 (24 %)
12/13 - League 2 - 63 goals, Hanson scored 10 (16 %)
13/14 - League 2 - 57 goals, Hanson scored 12 (22 %)
14/15 - League 2 - 55 goals, Hanson scored 9 (16 %)
15/16 - League 2 - 55 goals, Hanson scored 11 (20 %)
16/17 - League 2 - 62 goals, Hanson scored 4 (6 %)
TOTAL - 448 goals; Hanson scored 77 (17%)

For such a present forward to score such a low percentage of a teams goals shows whilst having a participation rate of 77% he brings in to play the rest of the team.

Him, Done and Hendo would have been an interesting front three combinations to have watched IMO. He brings other players into games and makes other players look better.

If you want a comparator have a look at Stephen Davies' participation rate for the same period.

Don't forget he used to work in the Co-op........
Login to get fewer ads

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 15:21 - Jan 4 with 2080 viewsSunningDale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:05 - Jan 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

...as in Inmans?

As in the superfluous 'S' on the end of Calvin's surname that people still seem to think is there even though he's played for us for three plus seasons.....Jesus christ, if you're gonna slag someone off, at least get their name right.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:26 - Jan 4 with 1959 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

“It has to be perceived that way by the players,” said McNulties.
“Strange little stimuluses like, we’ll changes the balls this week in training.
“It might sound daft ......"

You ain`t kidding, is that even English?
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:33 - Jan 4 with 1941 viewsD_Alien

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:26 - Jan 4 by RooleyMoorBlue

“It has to be perceived that way by the players,” said McNulties.
“Strange little stimuluses like, we’ll changes the balls this week in training.
“It might sound daft ......"

You ain`t kidding, is that even English?

Maybe he meant wheel changes? To stop them coming off?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:33 - Jan 4 with 1942 viewsDaleiLama

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 15:21 - Jan 4 by SunningDale

As in the superfluous 'S' on the end of Calvin's surname that people still seem to think is there even though he's played for us for three plus seasons.....Jesus christ, if you're gonna slag someone off, at least get their name right.

When I get so upset it ends up on my stomach I reach for the Liver Salts?

As (sic) beneficial results!

Good luck with the campaigning (you can sign me up)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:15 - Jan 4 with 1865 viewsBobbyjoe

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 00:34 - Jan 4 by Sandyman

You forget Craig Dawson as goal scoring centre half yer numpty

Not to mention Mono!
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:17 - Jan 4 with 1854 viewsTVOS1907

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:15 - Jan 4 by Bobbyjoe

Not to mention Mono!

And Griffith(s).

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:20 - Jan 4 with 1842 viewsrkershaw

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:41 - Jan 3 by kiwidale

Without wanting to rack over the coals on the issue but seeing as you mentioned it. In regards to the season ticket promotion, what a f*ck up that was.

I'm going to stop posting for a while I'm far to negative to add anything constructive I'm realising that I'm sounding like a right miserable sod.I hope to be back in a better frame of mind at the end of Jan when we are mid table and 4th round of t'cup.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 23:44]

Our nearest and dearest have signed their 12th keeper in as many months by acquiring the services of Connor Ripley until the end of the season...... seriously though.......he was really impressive at Oldham last season but how many keepers have the Buckets now collected over the past couple of seasons???
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:35 - Jan 4 with 1808 viewsinthenet

Connor Ripley signs for Bury would have been a good signing for us ....
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:36]

Rastrickblue

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:39 - Jan 4 with 1796 viewsYouTubeDale

Didn't Keith say in his recent interview that if we did bring players in it would be towards the end of the transfer window?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:42 - Jan 4 with 1789 viewsTVOS1907

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:35 - Jan 4 by inthenet

Connor Ripley signs for Bury would have been a good signing for us ....
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:36]

I think other areas of the team and squad need more attention.

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:44 - Jan 4 with 1779 viewsinthenet

True but I do feel Lillis has lost a bit of confidence of late.

Rastrickblue

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:47 - Jan 4 with 1772 viewsTVOS1907

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:44 - Jan 4 by inthenet

True but I do feel Lillis has lost a bit of confidence of late.

I'd agree with that, but I don't think goalkeeping is where our major problems are.

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:10 - Jan 4 with 1735 viewselectricblue

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:39 - Jan 4 by YouTubeDale

Didn't Keith say in his recent interview that if we did bring players in it would be towards the end of the transfer window?

If that is true about signing the players towards the end of the window then that 6pts gap could well be even bigger and harder to catch up..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:28 - Jan 4 with 1703 viewsJimmyRustler

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:10 - Jan 4 by electricblue

If that is true about signing the players towards the end of the window then that 6pts gap could well be even bigger and harder to catch up..

It also means we are gonna get the dregs and unwanted plebs as usual
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:33 - Jan 4 with 1687 viewsSuddenLad

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:10 - Jan 4 by electricblue

Or even less........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:47 - Jan 4 with 1647 viewssince58

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:33 - Jan 4 by SuddenLad

Or even less........

wishful thinking.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:49 - Jan 4 with 1641 viewsDale23years

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:47 - Jan 4 by since58

wishful thinking.

Very wishful thinking.

At least some clubs are giving themselves a fighting chance to avoid relegation.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 18:51]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024