Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My dad. 16:06 - Oct 29 with 9428 viewsconnell10

My dad passed away today he was my best friend and I’ll miss him dearly!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

My dad. on 18:38 - Oct 29 with 1602 viewsAgedR

Very sorry to hear this Connell. Best wishes to you and your family.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

My dad. on 18:44 - Oct 29 with 1586 viewsBrightonhoop

Cannot imagine this earth without my Dad. What a rotten day for you Connel, lost my ol' Mum back in 2001 and and still have conversations with her several times each week. The pain will ease and bring peace, remember the good times. Condolences man.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 21:02]
My dad. on 18:56 - Oct 29 with 1567 viewsbosh67

RIP and so sorry to hear your news. Thoughts with you and your family at this time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

My dad. on 19:21 - Oct 29 with 1547 viewsterryb

So sorry to read this Jon.

I never dreamt that he would go so quickly when you told me yesterday that he was in hospital.

Best wishes to you all. Time will make his passing easier, but that doesn't help at present!

See you when you feel up to returning to Loftus Road. We will keep your seat warm & safe for you!

Keep strong Jon & I raise my glass of red to you & your father.
My dad. on 19:36 - Oct 29 with 1528 viewsTacticalR

My dad. on 17:49 - Oct 29 by MrSheen

I'm so sorry, I know how painful that is. If my experience is any guide, once the initial shock wears off, you will enter an unpredictable period. At some times you will feel guilty and frustrated that you feel his memory is fading and that you are getting over it too easily, then you will be suddenly taken over by the grief and unfairness of it, when you least expect it, even decades later. You have to kind to yourself, and try to think of him with affection rather than pain. Good luck with it, and take what chances you have to talk and let your feelings out.

I would only add something that my stepmum (my dad's second wife) said to me when my dad died: death affects every person differently. Knowing that helped me because I realised I didn't need to worry too much about whether I should be feeling this way or that way.

Air hostess clique

My dad. on 19:41 - Oct 29 with 1521 viewsBklynRanger

So sorry, Connell. It's no consolation at this moment, but you'll carry him with you forever. Mine died in 2000 and that's been the case for me.
My dad. on 19:46 - Oct 29 with 1513 viewsisawqpratwcity

Sorry for your loss, Connell. My Dad died more than thirty years ago but I still see a lot of him in myself on a frequent basis. Apples generally don't fall far from the tree!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 19:48]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

My dad. on 20:00 - Oct 29 with 1478 viewskillinaskully09

So sorry for your loss. My dad helped me buy a car for my eldest daughter yesterday. I will post this song in memory of your late dad. May he rest in peace.

[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 20:01]
Login to get fewer ads

My dad. on 20:12 - Oct 29 with 1458 viewsHadders

I only know you from on here, but I am very sorry to hear that Connell. My Mum died in 2012 (my Dad is still alive, thankfully) and I remember an overwhelming sadness hitting me like a tsunami. It felt like a sort of coming of age, but not an exciting one. Wishing you strength mate.
My dad. on 20:15 - Oct 29 with 1453 viewsSharpy36

So sorry for your loss Connell.

Lost my Dad boxing day 2013 and like many have said it will get easier. My only advise is stay strong as a family and ignore any comments that may have been said or will be said in the coming weeks. Unfortunately i currently have a divided family and although the riff will heal, it`s not what my Dad would have wanted, and it breaks my heart.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

My dad. on 20:45 - Oct 29 with 1422 viewsqprbeth

My thoughts are with you today BigJon...no words can ever soothe the pain that is with you today, but you have great memories and he was your best friend, nothing can ever take that away.

My Dad died 20 years ago and he was the best man I ever knew... now whenever I think of him I smile...please think of him and smile...
Beth from 4 seats down...XXXXX
My dad. on 20:53 - Oct 29 with 1414 viewsGloryHunter

Losing your father is a major event in a man's life, whether you got on with him or not. I didn't get on too well with my dad but, funnily enough, on his death bed, he told me that he thought we'd been very close. He actually likened our relationship to that of Tiger Woods and his father. I've got no idea where he got that idea from, because I'd had hardly anything to do with him for 40 years. Seven years later, I'm still puzzling over it.
My dad. on 20:56 - Oct 29 with 1408 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.

Condolences, Connell. The only advice I can offer is to talk often and at length about your loss. It helps x

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

My dad. on 21:01 - Oct 29 with 1402 viewsconnell10

My dad. on 19:21 - Oct 29 by terryb

So sorry to read this Jon.

I never dreamt that he would go so quickly when you told me yesterday that he was in hospital.

Best wishes to you all. Time will make his passing easier, but that doesn't help at present!

See you when you feel up to returning to Loftus Road. We will keep your seat warm & safe for you!

Keep strong Jon & I raise my glass of red to you & your father.

Thanks tel that means alot mate.

My dad. on 21:02 - Oct 29 with 1397 viewsconnell10

My dad. on 20:45 - Oct 29 by qprbeth

My thoughts are with you today BigJon...no words can ever soothe the pain that is with you today, but you have great memories and he was your best friend, nothing can ever take that away.

My Dad died 20 years ago and he was the best man I ever knew... now whenever I think of him I smile...please think of him and smile...
Beth from 4 seats down...XXXXX

Thanks beth for those lovely words x

My dad. on 21:10 - Oct 29 with 1383 viewsUTRs

My thoughts are also with you Bro!

I lost my Mum after a two year brave battle against breast cancer and it's the 12th year anniversary of her passing this month.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss!
My dad. on 21:17 - Oct 29 with 1372 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Connell, I can't even begin to imagine the heartbreak that you are feeling. Please accept my deepest condolences.
My dad. on 21:22 - Oct 29 with 1365 viewsjohncharles

Sorry to hear that Connell me old mate. Sometimes it was you and me against the rest on here.
But you know we’re all with you.
Look after the family

Strong and stable my arse.

My dad. on 21:30 - Oct 29 with 1360 viewsLythamR

Condolences Connell
My dad. on 21:42 - Oct 29 with 1347 viewsenfieldargh

My deepest sympathy Connel

I remember my dad died shortly after Rob Steiner scored a couple against Ipswich in our 4-1 away victory in 1999.

Me and my dad based a lot of conversations about the past like do remember when we went to Uncle Tony's house and your grandmas teeth fell out?
Yes, we drew with Blackburn the day before

I recall the game after he died I sat in my seat in LR with his empty next to me; was against Portsmouth, it was 0-0, had a tear in my eye at first, the game was dull and awful. I got home and had a chat with him in my head and told him he hadnt missed anything.

RIP Connells dad

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

My dad. on 22:02 - Oct 29 with 1334 viewsLblock

So sorry for your loss Connell. RIP to your Dad.

I can only echo the comments here.

Everything I am today I owe solely to my Dad - he's been my inspiration, my guide, my teacher, my police, my protector and my soul mate (not to mention banker at times!)
I love the fella more than life

Funy thing is.... I think you only appreciate that the older you get sometimes. Maybe just me but it never really dawned on me what an absolute blinder of a fella my Dad is until I was y late 20's / early 30's. Now I just want to do as much as I can with and for him and me Mum (who is also a smasher)it's funny how roles have reversed now in life though!!

So as someone saidin amongst all the sadness is the joy that you had a best mucka as good as your Dad and that you had great times. There's plenty out there that donexperience that.

Chin up.
Eyes ahead.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

My dad. on 22:23 - Oct 29 with 1317 viewsRs_Holy

Can’t imagine life without my dad...I’m so lucky he is still here at 92.
Deepest condolences Connell
My dad. on 22:39 - Oct 29 with 1301 viewsHitch

Deepest sympathy Connell, I miss my Dad everyday but I know he's still right beside me. Funny I don't believe in much but I know your loved ones never really disappear.
My dad. on 22:46 - Oct 29 with 1298 viewsDWQPR

Connell, deepest sympathies to you and your family. Go on Tuesday night, I’m sure your Dad would want you to. We lost Dad on 2nd Jan 2014, suffered a major stroke on Xmas morning nine days before. His last Rangers match was against Leicester a few days before Xmas. Miss him massively and only recently realised how much when I was talking to a dear friend about him whilst driving her to her brother’s in Bury St Edmunds. Other than his funeral that was the first real time I’ve had a cry about him and realised what a big part of my life he was and still is. Dads are great. Really enjoy the memories of him and remember the daft moments, they will make you smile.

RIP Connell Snr

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

My dad. on 22:53 - Oct 29 with 1294 viewsstevec

Any dad would be proud if his son made that comment.

My condolences.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024