Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
South Africa holiday advice? 23:28 - Jun 6 with 3635 viewsSwanzay

Thinking of planning a holiday to the above, flying to Cape Town.
Travelling to either Pretoria or Johannesburg by train, then travelling to Victoria falls and Kruger national park.
3 weeks in total approx, anyone done similar? Who can provide any tips?

Looking to travel around end Sept/Oct.

Ta
South Africa holiday advice? on 18:55 - Jun 8 with 607 viewsPacemaker

Went there in 2009 for Lions tour thought it was a brilliant place, as others have said Cape Town great place for eating and walking about. Great trips to Robbin Island and Table mountain. Obv in June it was their winter but if was warm enough or shorts during the day bit chilly at night.

Did Joburg and Pretoria I felt safe there but my Mrs was a bit wary. Part of the reason is many SA's have a big fear of crime and are always looking out for you and tell you to don't walk in certain areas. I had a tour of Soweto from a local student which was really interesting and worth doing the Soweto museum.

Did a safari which was v good and all inclusive so not too expensive, eating out was cheap and very good quality food and drink.

As for South Africans I was waiting outside Ellis Park for our bus after the last test it was dark and not too welcoming standing there at the end of a subway I could hear a very loud and drunk South African coming straight towards me shouting Bokke Bokke.

I am 6'2" and he was a lot bigger than me. I started to sober up and thought here we go, when he said great game, have you enjoyed SA? I said yes he started to get emotional and almost crying. Will you tell people it's a great country and safe we need to rebuild our county.

Never saw any sign of racism other than old signs in museums etc

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

South Africa holiday advice? on 15:56 - Jun 10 with 550 viewsPorthcawlswan

Awesome place, used to live in cape town and the garden route on plett and knysna. Those two places are also worth a visit, especially plett, beautiful place and welcoming. Will be a bit chilly that time of year, but still great. As mentioned before recommend hussars grill in camps bay, cape town, amazing steaks
South Africa holiday advice? on 16:03 - Jun 10 with 546 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Highest murder rate of any country where there's not actually a war on, apart from perhaps Colombia. Don't let that put you off though. Just saying.
South Africa holiday advice? on 16:13 - Jun 10 with 540 viewsPorthcawlswan

South Africa holiday advice? on 16:03 - Jun 10 by JacksawayatWalesgame

Highest murder rate of any country where there's not actually a war on, apart from perhaps Colombia. Don't let that put you off though. Just saying.

Although what they don't tell you is that it's mostly in no go areas such as town ships and normally between criminals. It's pretty safe unless your stupid and go for a stroll in a township.
South Africa holiday advice? on 16:15 - Jun 10 with 539 viewsProfessor

South Africa holiday advice? on 16:03 - Jun 10 by JacksawayatWalesgame

Went to Colombia in January-a quickly developing country headed by towards peace. Bogota is a real sprawl but has some lovely parts. Saw Nairo Quintana out on a training ride when visiting a chicken farm out in the mountains
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024