Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
president trump 16:19 - Jun 4 with 11838 viewsexiledclaseboy

A classless f*cking scumbag who shames the USA. The sooner he's removed from office the better.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/04/trump-berates-london-mayor-sadiq
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 16:24]

Poll: Tory leader

president trump on 21:33 - Jun 5 with 1791 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump on 21:24 - Jun 5 by dailew

Resources. Takes 20-25 people to monitor one of them 24 hrs.

There are thousands.

Best not let any in in the first place.

I thought you'd decided you didn't have a time machine?

And there weren't thousands on that documentary, there were 5 or 6, one of whom has been blown up in Syria.

People who have actively been reported should be monitored. I can't see why it would take 20 or 25 people to do so.
president trump on 21:48 - Jun 5 with 1772 viewsdailew

president trump on 21:33 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

I thought you'd decided you didn't have a time machine?

And there weren't thousands on that documentary, there were 5 or 6, one of whom has been blown up in Syria.

People who have actively been reported should be monitored. I can't see why it would take 20 or 25 people to do so.

From this article.

Only resources to monitor 50.

Thanks to mass muslim immigration there are thousands that need monitoring, and increasing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11251792/Only-a-fract

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

president trump on 22:08 - Jun 5 with 1753 viewsTummer_from_Texas

president trump on 19:59 - Jun 5 by Lohengrin

He does have a good point, Clase. The folk on here who continually bang on about awful Trump is are the same ones hanging on his every pronouncement.

That is indeed the point.

Lisa asked me earlier how we'd feel if Theresa May was critical of the mayor of New York. The honest answer is that nobody would care.

Most of the people I associate with, through work, friendship, and family, are educated people. Several multi-ethnic Trump supporters too, and not at all the "Bubba Redneck and Billy Joe Thicko's" Lisa wishes to stereotype them as. And I'm one of a handful that can even name any of the British PM's since Thatcher.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

president trump on 22:11 - Jun 5 with 1750 viewsexiledclaseboy

president trump on 22:08 - Jun 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

Lisa asked me earlier how we'd feel if Theresa May was critical of the mayor of New York. The honest answer is that nobody would care.

Most of the people I associate with, through work, friendship, and family, are educated people. Several multi-ethnic Trump supporters too, and not at all the "Bubba Redneck and Billy Joe Thicko's" Lisa wishes to stereotype them as. And I'm one of a handful that can even name any of the British PM's since Thatcher.

There's only been five mun.

Poll: Tory leader

president trump on 22:18 - Jun 5 with 1732 viewsLohengrin

president trump on 22:11 - Jun 5 by exiledclaseboy

There's only been five mun.

That's true but I wonder how many on here could name the five that preceded Thatcher unaided?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

president trump on 22:23 - Jun 5 with 1724 viewsTummer_from_Texas

president trump on 22:18 - Jun 5 by Lohengrin

That's true but I wonder how many on here could name the five that preceded Thatcher unaided?

As an Anglophile, I like to follow British politics, and even I forgot about Brown.

I don't mean to sound like Americans are too good to care what anyone thinks of us, but sometimes it feels like y'all worry more about American politics and politicians than even we do.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

president trump on 22:32 - Jun 5 with 1711 viewsLohengrin

president trump on 22:23 - Jun 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

As an Anglophile, I like to follow British politics, and even I forgot about Brown.

I don't mean to sound like Americans are too good to care what anyone thinks of us, but sometimes it feels like y'all worry more about American politics and politicians than even we do.

Only on here it seems to me, Tum. Away from the keyboard and out into the real world the things folk worry about are far more prosaic.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

president trump on 23:05 - Jun 5 with 1690 viewslondonlisa2001

president trump on 22:08 - Jun 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

Actually Tummer, I asked how it would be if she was unjustly critical of the Mayor of New York in the immediate aftermath of a terror attack on New York. There's quite a difference.

And I wasn't stereotyping all Trump supporters - I was stereotyping the ones that think it's great that he's ditched the Paris Agreement as climate change was made up by the Chinese to take American jobs or some such fantasy.

I think most educated Americans could name Blair by the way.
Login to get fewer ads

president trump on 23:18 - Jun 5 with 1664 viewsnyc_swans

"Actually Tummer, I asked how it would be if she was unjustly critical of the Mayor of New York in the immediate aftermath of a terror attack on New York. There's quite a difference."

if tony blair had been critical of the nyc mayor on the morning of september 12, 2001, then it yes, people would have cared a great deal. there is not an argument to be made for the contrary.
president trump on 23:22 - Jun 5 with 1658 viewsKerouac

I said when he was elected that I doubted he would last the year and I still think that.

I lost interest shortly after his election.

I reckon those who obsess about him and comment on his every Tweet are so fascinated because Trump confirms their personal prejudice concerning Americans and so therefore find him wonderfully entertaining.
I know the USA and her people amount to a whole lot more than Donald Trump, trailer park "trash" and the Westboro Baptist Church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

president trump on 23:23 - Jun 5 with 1652 viewsswanforthemoney

Seems that way over here too Tum.
Our press and media don't seem to realise we ain't part of the States. The Donald throws out a tweet on a whim and it generates hundreds of articles and column inches in the British media. It's surreal.

I stand in the North Stand

president trump on 23:35 - Jun 5 with 1638 viewsRunning_Man

Agreed. He is stopped maturing at 12. But that´s not the scary part. The scary part is that he still has about 40% approval rating. American simply watch Fox news and think he´s doing a hell of a job, and any criticism is just "libtard propaganda" or "fake news"...
president trump on 23:58 - Jun 5 with 1612 viewsTummer_from_Texas

president trump on 23:05 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

Actually Tummer, I asked how it would be if she was unjustly critical of the Mayor of New York in the immediate aftermath of a terror attack on New York. There's quite a difference.

And I wasn't stereotyping all Trump supporters - I was stereotyping the ones that think it's great that he's ditched the Paris Agreement as climate change was made up by the Chinese to take American jobs or some such fantasy.

I think most educated Americans could name Blair by the way.

We aren't happy he ditched the agreement because of some stupid tweet he made about China 5 years ago, many years before the world was paying much attention to his political opinions. That's just a silly argument, and I've yet to see anyone reference that tweet or China as a reason they agree with Trump's decision about the Paris Treaty. In fact the only reason anyone even knows about that now is because Trump haters love to dig up his tweets from years ago. But it's typical of the way you like to discount anything you don't agree with by attaching it to something ridiculous that nobody cares about and means absolutely nothing in 2017.

But if you really care to know, we Bubba Redneck and Billy Joe Thicko's are happy because:

1) Obama had no right to commit the USA to an international treaty without Senate ratification. He violated the constitution, as he did often over the last 8 years.

2) The agreement itself is a ridiculous scheme that isn't even about the environment as much as it is social engineering, redistributing wealth, and empowering UN bureaucrats.

3) Withdrawing will save the USA $3 trillion in GDP and 6.5 million jobs. Those of course are just estimated figures. But if it's even a fraction of that, then it's a pretty good argument that the President is doing his job of looking out for the best interests of the people he leads, in my humble opinion.

Yeah, Blair is probably the one British PM of the last 25 years most educated Americans could name (including the current one), but my point still stands.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 0:05]

POTY 2015

president trump on 00:10 - Jun 6 with 1592 viewsHumpty

There is a bit of a difference though Tum. The decisions of our Prime Minister have practically no effect on the American public.

The decisions of US Presidents often have a huge impact on the UK public.

For instance, the financial crash in 2008 that affected the whole world was born in the US.

Also 179 British soldiers died in Iraq, which would have been very unlikely if Al Gore hadn't lost in extremely dubious circumstances. Your effect on us can be huge, we have no effect on you. So some of us are very interested in US politics. I'm one.

And you've posted quite a few times in this thread, mainly to moan about people criticizing Trump.

You haven't said anything about what you think of what he tweeted.

What do you think Mike? He deliberately twisted the words of the Mayor of London to make a cheap political and probably personal attack. Just after your so called friend and ally, and a country you like, had suffered a devastating terrorist attack.

That's the President of your country. A man you voted for.

What do you think about what he tweeted?
president trump on 00:14 - Jun 6 with 1582 viewsnyc_swans

"a ridiculous scheme that isn't even about the environment"

do you believe in global warming?
president trump on 00:39 - Jun 6 with 1565 viewsHumpty

president trump on 23:22 - Jun 5 by Kerouac

I said when he was elected that I doubted he would last the year and I still think that.

I lost interest shortly after his election.

I reckon those who obsess about him and comment on his every Tweet are so fascinated because Trump confirms their personal prejudice concerning Americans and so therefore find him wonderfully entertaining.
I know the USA and her people amount to a whole lot more than Donald Trump, trailer park "trash" and the Westboro Baptist Church.

It doesn't confirm my prejudices concerning Americans Jack.

It confirms my prejudices concerning those Americans who voted for a man so blatantly unfit for office. Fortunately for decent Americans they can point out that 3 million more voted for Clinton.

Only 19% or so of the American population voted for Trump, so I won't judge a whole country on the small minority who thought selecting a crooked evil toddler to be their President would be a good idea.

Just so they could say "Suck it up Libtards!"

Saying that I don't think that much about the 42% of eligible voters who couldn't be arsed to vote either.
president trump on 00:43 - Jun 6 with 1554 viewsnyc_swans

president trump on 20:00 - Jun 5 by Jack_Kass

I feel safer in the US at the moment, than I would back home in the UK

Think how bonkers that statement should be.

curious about this post.

it's an irrational statement. you are safer in the UK despite a recency bias. where are you in the US and why has your experience made you feel safer here than back home?
president trump on 00:56 - Jun 6 with 1539 viewsTummer_from_Texas

president trump on 00:14 - Jun 6 by nyc_swans

"a ridiculous scheme that isn't even about the environment"

do you believe in global warming?

Absolutely. The climate of this planet has been constantly changing for the last 4 billion years.

That doesn't mean that we can't fight it. But this current agreement seems to be more of a political scheme masking itself as an environmental policy.

POTY 2015

president trump on 01:05 - Jun 6 with 1530 viewsThursday

It's a bit difficult to pop on here and write as I've had a few political breakdowns in the past, especially with Trump. But I'm all better now.

To put in perspective, Trump's approval at the moment is hovering around mid 30s. His pro-impeachment rating is low 40s.

In the past 20 years, UK voter turnout has plummeted, glass houses.

The average age of Fox News viewers is about 70.

Trump apologists are great comic relief, especially when they try really, really hard.

Folk like to laugh and comment on Trump's tweets not out of a lack of perspective, but because they deserve complete derision and it helps to cope with the absurdity.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 1:10]
president trump on 10:31 - Jun 6 with 1430 viewsdailew

president trump on 10:38 - Jun 6 with 1424 viewsLeonWasGod

Like him or loath him, Khan seems to have responded to Trump's idiocy very well. This is apparently what he said on the TV this morning.

"Sadiq Khan has stepped up his war of words with Donald Trump, accusing the US president of making “ignorant” comments about Muslims that play into the hands of extremists.

Appearing on ITV’s Good Morning Britain, Khan said: “There are millions of Muslims around the world who love America, me included. And to play into the so-called Isis narrative that western liberal values are incompatible with Islam is ignorant.”

Khan said he was too busy to respond to Donald Trump’s tweets.

He added: “We are not kids in play ground. He’s the president of the United States. I’m too busy to respond to his tweets. Isn’t he busy?”

The mayor added: “I’m not in a war with Donald Trump.”

He added: “It takes two to Tango. I’m not Tangoing with this guy. I’ve got better things to do. From Saturday till now my focus has been dealing the aftermath of the horrific attack, working with the police, the security services, the government. That’s why I’ve not responded to the tweets from Donald Trump.”

But Khan repeated his objection to the government’s invitation to host Trump on a state visit.

State visits are given to leaders of countries who are respected and have done their dues and have earned a state visit. In the circumstances where there is the Muslim ban in place ... where he changed the refugee programme, I thought it was inappropriate and premature.

Some of the messages of support I have received, not just from US mayors and politicians, but ordinary Americans have raised my spirits."
president trump on 10:53 - Jun 6 with 1411 viewsdailew

president trump on 10:38 - Jun 6 by LeonWasGod

Like him or loath him, Khan seems to have responded to Trump's idiocy very well. This is apparently what he said on the TV this morning.

"Sadiq Khan has stepped up his war of words with Donald Trump, accusing the US president of making “ignorant” comments about Muslims that play into the hands of extremists.

Appearing on ITV’s Good Morning Britain, Khan said: “There are millions of Muslims around the world who love America, me included. And to play into the so-called Isis narrative that western liberal values are incompatible with Islam is ignorant.”

Khan said he was too busy to respond to Donald Trump’s tweets.

He added: “We are not kids in play ground. He’s the president of the United States. I’m too busy to respond to his tweets. Isn’t he busy?”

The mayor added: “I’m not in a war with Donald Trump.”

He added: “It takes two to Tango. I’m not Tangoing with this guy. I’ve got better things to do. From Saturday till now my focus has been dealing the aftermath of the horrific attack, working with the police, the security services, the government. That’s why I’ve not responded to the tweets from Donald Trump.”

But Khan repeated his objection to the government’s invitation to host Trump on a state visit.

State visits are given to leaders of countries who are respected and have done their dues and have earned a state visit. In the circumstances where there is the Muslim ban in place ... where he changed the refugee programme, I thought it was inappropriate and premature.

Some of the messages of support I have received, not just from US mayors and politicians, but ordinary Americans have raised my spirits."

He loves America so much he gave legal counsel to one of the 911 bombers.

He loves America so much he shared a platform with someone who has called for American soldiers' corpses to be dragged in the streets.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 10:57]

president trump on 12:23 - Jun 6 with 1376 viewsMeraki

president trump on 10:53 - Jun 6 by dailew

He loves America so much he shared a platform with someone who has called for American soldiers' corpses to be dragged in the streets.

9/11 bombers?

You mean the ones that flew planes into the World Trade?

Didn't realise any had survived?
president trump on 12:34 - Jun 6 with 1366 viewsKerouac

president trump on 12:23 - Jun 6 by Meraki

9/11 bombers?

You mean the ones that flew planes into the World Trade?

Didn't realise any had survived?

FFS!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zacarias_Moussaoui

W-a-n-k-e-r.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

president trump on 12:57 - Jun 6 with 1334 viewsLeonWasGod

president trump on 10:53 - Jun 6 by dailew

He wasn't counsel to one of the 911 bombers. The firm he worked for were consulted. Very different things.

Yep, I saw the Tory smear campaign at the time of the mayoral elections - no idea if true. At least some of it was countered convincingly at the time. (e.g. Khan had lobbied to remove some of the clerics he was accused of supporting). No denying he seems to have shared platforms with some fairly unsavoury characters though. We really need to get a grip on what happens in these mosques and communities.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024