Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lefty or Righty 10:45 - Jun 1 with 9203 viewsPommyhoop

Bazza or Disco ?
Brighton or Paul Parker ?
Danny or EssexTaxi ?
Take the test . Answer honestly.
I was surprised with my results.
Apparently I am in the left libertarian quadrant not far from Ghandi.
Do the test on here..
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Lefty or Righty on 15:18 - Jun 1 with 1795 viewsTacticalR

Lefty or Righty on 15:00 - Jun 1 by Cliff

Please to say I appear to be the exact opposite of Thatcher

The question Thatcher always asked about anybody was: 'is he one of us?'

Air hostess clique

Lefty or Righty on 15:23 - Jun 1 with 1786 viewsDannytheR

Lefty or Righty on 15:18 - Jun 1 by TacticalR

The question Thatcher always asked about anybody was: 'is he one of us?'

Always enjoyed Tim Bell's memories of spending Christmas with the Thatcher family every year.

No presents. No children. Thatcher watching the Queen's Speech and saying sarcastically "Oh dear, she's going to feel sorry for the poor again."

And he was her *friend*

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/lord-bell-christmas-with-margaret-thatc
Lefty or Righty on 15:32 - Jun 1 with 1771 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Happy with that. I'd rather be a bit of a commie anarchist than a fascist neoliberalist any day!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Lefty or Righty on 15:45 - Jun 1 with 1755 viewsHunterhoop

Lefty or Righty on 13:54 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes, I am absolutely deliberately doing it, to make a point to Steve about his poison.

I know the difference thanks. I consider myself a liberal!

I was having a cheap dig, and didn't need a lecture about 19th century philosophers in response.

Sorry, Baz. It wasn't intended as a lecture, but I couldn't let that "cheap dig" slide, as it was totally unfair on Liberals.

I'm waiting for Steve to re emerge, since he's realised he is a Liberal. Maybe he's headed out for some hummus and grow your own veg, and has stopped to volunteer for the local LBGT society making the teas.

Lefty or Righty on 15:50 - Jun 1 with 1748 viewsHunterhoop

Lefty or Righty on 15:32 - Jun 1 by CliveWilsonSaid

Happy with that. I'd rather be a bit of a commie anarchist than a fascist neoliberalist any day!

This does somewhat reinforce what FDC pointed out.

Almost every one of us is in that green quadrant, and yet we disagree on politics and will be voting for 4 different parties (Con, Lab, LD, Green, I think).

A reasonable no. of us are within 0-4 points left and 0-4 points Libertarian, which is a pretty small section of the grid! And even then, we're probably voting for different parties!

It does point towards the survey being flawed, the "middle" being wrong, the positioning of the political parties being wrong for today's political landscape.

What does it say about the media too?!
Lefty or Righty on 15:54 - Jun 1 with 1739 viewshoof_hearted

Lefty or Righty on 15:50 - Jun 1 by Hunterhoop

This does somewhat reinforce what FDC pointed out.

Almost every one of us is in that green quadrant, and yet we disagree on politics and will be voting for 4 different parties (Con, Lab, LD, Green, I think).

A reasonable no. of us are within 0-4 points left and 0-4 points Libertarian, which is a pretty small section of the grid! And even then, we're probably voting for different parties!

It does point towards the survey being flawed, the "middle" being wrong, the positioning of the political parties being wrong for today's political landscape.

What does it say about the media too?!

Or we all want much the same thing but think there are different ways of getting it?
Lefty or Righty on 15:59 - Jun 1 with 1726 viewskensalriser

I did this a while ago and was three squares in on each axis from the bottom left.

Maybe it is quite flawed, or deliberately loaded? Or perhaps when it comes down to it most of us just want to get on with our lives in peace without being told what to do or screwed over, and think that there should be a safety net for those that really need it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lefty or Righty on 16:14 - Jun 1 with 1702 viewsHunterhoop

Lefty or Righty on 15:54 - Jun 1 by hoof_hearted

Or we all want much the same thing but think there are different ways of getting it?

But the survey isn't about what we want (which presumably is "happiness" and an improved standard of living), it's about "how" we think governments should govern in order to get that. Point is, this forum all seems very similar in terms of this survey, but, as we all know, vehemently disagree on political threads....it does indicate a flaw in the survey, mapping, or positioning of the political parties in today's society.
Login to get fewer ads

Lefty or Righty on 16:18 - Jun 1 with 1692 viewskomradkirk

Interesting,my dot is right on the SDLP as and there is as much chance of me voting for them as eating a shite sandwich
Lefty or Righty on 16:25 - Jun 1 with 1673 viewshoof_hearted

Lefty or Righty on 16:14 - Jun 1 by Hunterhoop

But the survey isn't about what we want (which presumably is "happiness" and an improved standard of living), it's about "how" we think governments should govern in order to get that. Point is, this forum all seems very similar in terms of this survey, but, as we all know, vehemently disagree on political threads....it does indicate a flaw in the survey, mapping, or positioning of the political parties in today's society.

They seem to have mapped out the election and used all four squares nicely.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uk2017

The flaw could be in people being nicer when they know they are about to publish the result on here than the parties they end up putting the cross next to in the privacy of the little curtained booth.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 16:26]
Lefty or Righty on 19:01 - Jun 1 with 1629 viewshopphoops

Lefty or Righty on 12:33 - Jun 1 by hopphoops

I tried to be as much of a putrid bellend as possible and landed slap bang on top of UKIP.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Lefty or Righty on 20:02 - Jun 1 with 1612 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lefty or Righty on 15:45 - Jun 1 by Hunterhoop

Sorry, Baz. It wasn't intended as a lecture, but I couldn't let that "cheap dig" slide, as it was totally unfair on Liberals.

I'm waiting for Steve to re emerge, since he's realised he is a Liberal. Maybe he's headed out for some hummus and grow your own veg, and has stopped to volunteer for the local LBGT society making the teas.

Do I think Maggie Thatcher and Charles Kennedy are playing scrabble together and sipping daiquiris in heaven ?

No.

Just a point that the term 'liberal' is very broad and means different things in different countries and to say you despise it as Steve did is ridiclous.

Despite the coalition education U turn, I consider Lib Dems an ally of Labour and all progressives . If it were up to me , Lab, Lib, and Green would not be standing in the same constituencies.
Lefty or Righty on 21:06 - Jun 1 with 1583 viewsHunterhoop

Lefty or Righty on 20:02 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do I think Maggie Thatcher and Charles Kennedy are playing scrabble together and sipping daiquiris in heaven ?

No.

Just a point that the term 'liberal' is very broad and means different things in different countries and to say you despise it as Steve did is ridiclous.

Despite the coalition education U turn, I consider Lib Dems an ally of Labour and all progressives . If it were up to me , Lab, Lib, and Green would not be standing in the same constituencies.

What do I despise? Sorry, Bazza, you've lost me.

Like the analogy, btw. And, yes, far from likely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024