Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
olsson deal close? 13:06 - Jan 11 with 10269 viewsgazza_1234

olsson deal close? on 14:44 - Jan 11 with 2483 viewsLeonWasGod

olsson deal close? on 14:42 - Jan 11 by Legend83

Mid-table team - LOL.

Face it - in our predicament we are going to be signing the likes of Olsson, not ridiculous paper-talk signings like Badstuber.

To be fair to Dwight, Man U are an upper mid-table PL side.
olsson deal close? on 14:44 - Jan 11 with 2473 viewsJackBaston

Norwich fans seem mixed
But then theres mixed responses about Tom Carroll and Llorente on here...
olsson deal close? on 14:47 - Jan 11 with 2441 viewsmax936

olsson deal close? on 14:23 - Jan 11 by WandererJack

Every move the club makes will now be used as a stick to bash Jenkins. Whether justified or not, it's really boring.

The Norwich board seem gutted that he's leaving which says a lot. He will be an upgrade on Neil Taylor. I'm happy enough.

Decent player is Olsson, just because he's now playing in the Championship doesn't alter that for me, he is definitely a big upgrade on Taylor, I'm in agreement with you WJ, good signing, there's a few more there that'll improve us to Brady being one.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

olsson deal close? on 14:49 - Jan 11 with 2412 viewsJackSomething

olsson deal close? on 14:30 - Jan 11 by union_jack

There's a glowing error in the middle paragraph.

Two glaring errors if you factor in that Trippier is a right back.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

olsson deal close? on 14:52 - Jan 11 with 2383 viewsAussieSwan

olsson deal close? on 14:47 - Jan 11 by max936

Decent player is Olsson, just because he's now playing in the Championship doesn't alter that for me, he is definitely a big upgrade on Taylor, I'm in agreement with you WJ, good signing, there's a few more there that'll improve us to Brady being one.

I don't mind Olsson, can offer something going forward as well. Big upgrade on Taylor

Speaking of buying recently-relegated players, I'm surprised Jordan Amavi from Aston Villa hasn't been snapped up by anyone. French U21 star who arrived there 18 months ago for about 11 million, from memory. Apparently Villa have now put a 20m tag on him.

Norwich wanted 12 million for Brady - is he worth that?
[Post edited 11 Jan 2017 14:53]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

olsson deal close? on 14:56 - Jan 11 with 2352 viewspremierjack

olsson deal close? on 14:26 - Jan 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Then why has no one else snapped him up previously?

Any good left back is taken straight away upon relegation, with Tripper being the most recent example. Olsson is bang average. Probably an improvement on Taylor but he's not someone who a mid table Premier League side should be signing.

Terrible signing once again.

This comment is a load of rubbish?
olsson deal close? on 15:02 - Jan 11 with 2299 viewssP7qupUf

Lots of positives about his attacking prowess, nothing specific, other than "decent etc left back", about his defensive qualities which is our number one priority. At the end of the day, if you don't concede you get something from the game. If you can't win a game it is important not to lose it.
olsson deal close? on 15:02 - Jan 11 with 2293 viewsbuilthjack

Very average left back. £5m with less than 6 months left on his contract. Hmmm.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

olsson deal close? on 15:04 - Jan 11 with 2269 viewsgazza_1234

Signed a new deal last November.
olsson deal close? on 15:08 - Jan 11 with 2230 viewsLeonWasGod

olsson deal close? on 14:52 - Jan 11 by AussieSwan

I don't mind Olsson, can offer something going forward as well. Big upgrade on Taylor

Speaking of buying recently-relegated players, I'm surprised Jordan Amavi from Aston Villa hasn't been snapped up by anyone. French U21 star who arrived there 18 months ago for about 11 million, from memory. Apparently Villa have now put a 20m tag on him.

Norwich wanted 12 million for Brady - is he worth that?
[Post edited 11 Jan 2017 14:53]

There was paper talk of Villa turning down a big bid for Amavi - well over £20m if I remember correctly. I watched Villa a couple of times over Christmas and thought he looked poor.
olsson deal close? on 15:09 - Jan 11 with 2223 viewsicecoldjack

Ahh.. The magic number £5m quid signing . Typical huw deal is this tried for him before comes cheap as chips in the current market and a steady eddy player to boot.

Won't do badly ,won't blow anyone away either.

Welcome to the club of steady eddy type players .
olsson deal close? on 15:14 - Jan 11 with 2184 viewsnantywatcher

olsson deal close? on 14:56 - Jan 11 by premierjack

This comment is a load of rubbish?

Dwight's football knowledge would not fit on the back of a postage stamp - he is clueless but there again this thread and the forum is full of "expert" opinions gleaned from watching a few TV highlights. I cannot believe some of the rubbish being written on this thread.
olsson deal close? on 15:15 - Jan 11 with 2163 viewsshandyjack

Good player, happy with this signing regardless fo who made it

Poll: Expectation for the season

olsson deal close? on 15:19 - Jan 11 with 2136 viewsGB11

olsson deal close? on 14:01 - Jan 11 by exiledinenglandjack

Didn't clement manage either him or his brother at Derby?

I read clement bought his brother at derby.

So it could be his signing.
olsson deal close? on 15:22 - Jan 11 with 2112 viewsjasper_T

olsson deal close? on 15:14 - Jan 11 by nantywatcher

Dwight's football knowledge would not fit on the back of a postage stamp - he is clueless but there again this thread and the forum is full of "expert" opinions gleaned from watching a few TV highlights. I cannot believe some of the rubbish being written on this thread.

Come on now, your posting isn't that bad.
olsson deal close? on 15:37 - Jan 11 with 2044 viewsHeadmaster

Mediocrity rules the day once again.
olsson deal close? on 15:44 - Jan 11 with 2004 viewsWarwickHunt

3-2-1 back in the room!

What year is it, Huw?

Can't be long before Jenkins Syndrome enters the medical textbooks.
olsson deal close? on 16:42 - Jan 11 with 1845 viewsSwan91

I'm not going to comment until he is signed and has played games for us.... people remember that when it comes to swansea... just because he plays average at a different team.. doesn't mean he will be average for us... I feel like we are going back to the old swansea way of playing under clement, and we need attacking full backs for it.. Olsson is just that. he is fast, attack minded, better than taylor etc etc etc.

I think this is a good signing.. but only time will tell
olsson deal close? on 16:42 - Jan 11 with 1835 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

olsson deal close? on 14:42 - Jan 11 by Legend83

Mid-table team - LOL.

Face it - in our predicament we are going to be signing the likes of Olsson, not ridiculous paper-talk signings like Badstuber.

We were a mid table team up until this season. We had a mid table side under Laudrup. Then we started signing Championship quality players and our side as a whole has turned to an overall Championship standard.

Signings like Olsson, Cork, Naughton etc are all awful. We should be aiming to improve each position to a good standard. Signing Olsson improves our left back situation marginally.

Again, people are happy with this signing like they were happy with the Cork signing. Attitudes soon changed when those people realised how rubbish Cork is. If Olsson is lucky enough to have two seasons with us in the Premier League we'll soon realise how he simply isn't good enough for a team with ambition to finish mid table too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

olsson deal close? on 16:47 - Jan 11 with 1802 viewsvetchonian

olsson deal close? on 14:02 - Jan 11 by Hubert

Taylor has fractured cheekbone - just on SSN - so cover there now is an absolute necessity

Thats as a result of the slap in the face he has received knowing we are looking to sign his replacement

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

olsson deal close? on 16:48 - Jan 11 with 1793 viewsAngelRangelQS

olsson deal close? on 16:42 - Jan 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We were a mid table team up until this season. We had a mid table side under Laudrup. Then we started signing Championship quality players and our side as a whole has turned to an overall Championship standard.

Signings like Olsson, Cork, Naughton etc are all awful. We should be aiming to improve each position to a good standard. Signing Olsson improves our left back situation marginally.

Again, people are happy with this signing like they were happy with the Cork signing. Attitudes soon changed when those people realised how rubbish Cork is. If Olsson is lucky enough to have two seasons with us in the Premier League we'll soon realise how he simply isn't good enough for a team with ambition to finish mid table too.

Cork, for £3m would have represented good business as a squad player but nothing more. Naughton has actually done okay this season compared to everyone else

Our ambitions this season aren't to finish mid table though are they so your last point is utterly irrelevant.

Of course, the fact that we've signed rubbish for the last couple of years has put us in a position where we have to target the likes of Olsson and Tom Carroll. It's no use bemoaning that now though, we just need to get on with it.
olsson deal close? on 17:01 - Jan 11 with 1717 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

olsson deal close? on 16:48 - Jan 11 by AngelRangelQS

Cork, for £3m would have represented good business as a squad player but nothing more. Naughton has actually done okay this season compared to everyone else

Our ambitions this season aren't to finish mid table though are they so your last point is utterly irrelevant.

Of course, the fact that we've signed rubbish for the last couple of years has put us in a position where we have to target the likes of Olsson and Tom Carroll. It's no use bemoaning that now though, we just need to get on with it.

We've been targeting the likes of Olsson and Carroll for a long time. We aren't targeting them just because we are in 19th place. If we were 8th we'd be targeting them too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

olsson deal close? on 17:04 - Jan 11 with 1694 views34dfgdf54

olsson deal close? on 17:01 - Jan 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We've been targeting the likes of Olsson and Carroll for a long time. We aren't targeting them just because we are in 19th place. If we were 8th we'd be targeting them too.

Again, spot on.
olsson deal close? on 17:05 - Jan 11 with 1691 viewsAngelRangelQS

olsson deal close? on 17:01 - Jan 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Possibly they'd have been on the radar (again) but we wouldn't necessarily have signed them.

If we'd been 8th, we'd have probably had more of a shout for the likes of Badstuber, Batshuayi, etc, especially if we had a decent manager with contacts (which we've not had for 3 years)
olsson deal close? on 17:12 - Jan 11 with 1656 viewsLandore_Jack

olsson deal close? on 16:42 - Jan 11 by Swan91

I'm not going to comment until he is signed and has played games for us.... people remember that when it comes to swansea... just because he plays average at a different team.. doesn't mean he will be average for us... I feel like we are going back to the old swansea way of playing under clement, and we need attacking full backs for it.. Olsson is just that. he is fast, attack minded, better than taylor etc etc etc.

I think this is a good signing.. but only time will tell

The number one priority of a left back is the ability to defend.

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024