Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 Half Season Tickets! 16:16 - Oct 21 with 57101 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-football

Another good step - about £10 a game!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 16:17]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:21 - Dec 23 with 2778 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:04 - Dec 23 by R17ALE

The man Boon has long been a critic of the Sandy and those who use it NB.

It's quite comical in a way. And he's very wrong. The views from the wings of the Sandy are excellent and those of us who are regulars there are like a small community who know each other, and enjoy supporting the team as best we can.

However, it would be lovely if we could throw a load of money at it and build a better terrace. But I'd rather "slum it" as it is perceived* we do and watch better football.

*Perceived as in popular misconception.

EG: Not all main standers are moaning, whingeing fans who are aged over 50.

I fear he may have whooshed you.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:41 - Dec 23 with 2733 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:20 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

You honestly dont think it would be better with a steeper viewpoint?

Yeah, but that would mean reconstructing the whole end and it's not worth it. The view in there is as good as anything from the front of the seated stands, and people pay more for that!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:58 - Dec 23 with 2695 viewsdingdangblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:41 - Dec 23 by 442Dale

Yeah, but that would mean reconstructing the whole end and it's not worth it. The view in there is as good as anything from the front of the seated stands, and people pay more for that!

A packed Sandy Lane end was brilliant as a kid, I used to try and sit up on the back wall (probably not allowed these days). Nowadays it looks very sparse - obviously there was no Pearl St home stand in those days. I do think it would be worth re-terracing - you would most probably look at some sort of tie in with a construction firm to part fund it and sponsor the stand forever. I would certainly look at standing back in that end if the view was better

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:25 - Dec 23 with 2671 views49thseason

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:58 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

A packed Sandy Lane end was brilliant as a kid, I used to try and sit up on the back wall (probably not allowed these days). Nowadays it looks very sparse - obviously there was no Pearl St home stand in those days. I do think it would be worth re-terracing - you would most probably look at some sort of tie in with a construction firm to part fund it and sponsor the stand forever. I would certainly look at standing back in that end if the view was better

Here we go again... if you are happy sitting down to watch your football, good for you, I doubt you will ever hear anyone from the Sandy Lane End suggesting that you should all be made to stand up! Some of us choose to stand up to watch our football, we like to be able to move about a bit and not get our knees jammed against the seat in front, some sneak off before the end without disturbing half a row of people. some people hate the sense of claustrophobia they get from sitting in a large group, next to people they don't know and can't get away from. Just leave us alone ffs - we pay a sensible price, we enjoy where we stand. What has it got to do with people who don't choose to stand in there with us anyway?
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:49 - Dec 23 with 2643 viewsdingdangblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:25 - Dec 23 by 49thseason

Here we go again... if you are happy sitting down to watch your football, good for you, I doubt you will ever hear anyone from the Sandy Lane End suggesting that you should all be made to stand up! Some of us choose to stand up to watch our football, we like to be able to move about a bit and not get our knees jammed against the seat in front, some sneak off before the end without disturbing half a row of people. some people hate the sense of claustrophobia they get from sitting in a large group, next to people they don't know and can't get away from. Just leave us alone ffs - we pay a sensible price, we enjoy where we stand. What has it got to do with people who don't choose to stand in there with us anyway?

Great response - unfortunately most of your points have absolutely nothing to do with anything I posted?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:10 - Dec 23 with 2598 viewsBendy

Of course, if we did managed to get promoted again all this becomes a bit irrelevant as the ground would have to become all seater within three years.

We are probably in a strange situation with it - we could spend money to renovate it but then theoretically within a year we could then undermine the outlay by going up.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:19 - Dec 23 with 2576 viewsdingdangblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:10 - Dec 23 by Bendy

Of course, if we did managed to get promoted again all this becomes a bit irrelevant as the ground would have to become all seater within three years.

We are probably in a strange situation with it - we could spend money to renovate it but then theoretically within a year we could then undermine the outlay by going up.

Steeper terracing would be with a view to putting in seats if we had to at a later date. I'm sure you could design it that way. It would only ever happen now if we were to get promoted to the Championship................and that's not going to happen is it!

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:20 - Dec 23 with 2569 views49thseason

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:49 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

Great response - unfortunately most of your points have absolutely nothing to do with anything I posted?

Apologies if your post was selected for a reply rather than just adding to the thread.
Just wanted to point out that lots of us are happy with the SLE just as it is thank you. And that there are lots of people who prefer to stand up to watch football.
Login to get fewer ads

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:29 - Dec 23 with 2551 viewsdingdangblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:20 - Dec 23 by 49thseason

Apologies if your post was selected for a reply rather than just adding to the thread.
Just wanted to point out that lots of us are happy with the SLE just as it is thank you. And that there are lots of people who prefer to stand up to watch football.

No need to apologise at all, I prefer to stand, my dodgy knees these days dont like being sat bent for too long! I stand whenever I can at the back of the Pearl St and its the reason we chose season tickets as near to the back as possible. I do think a decent terraced stand would see the Sandy becoming the most popular home end again - rather than fans being split and diluting the atmosphere because of it. If money was no object all I was saying is I think it would be great to have a terrace with atmosphere and a cracking view. I know a lot of fans who moved ends purely because of a better view.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:54 - Dec 23 with 2494 viewsmeeee

Didn't renew my season ticket and have been out of the routine of going to football. I posted this thread a few months ago about not going to the football http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/177581/not-having-a-season-t
I set aside 7 home games that I was going to go to at the start of the season but haven't been to any of them and didn't really have any intention of going back this season however I've picked up my half season ticket today. Fantastic offer by the club and can't wait to get back to the football
[Post edited 23 Dec 2016 21:56]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:26 - Dec 23 with 2435 viewsdawlishdale

Didn't renew my season ticket (first time in 12 years) due to the price rise and the appalling adverse spin coming from the club in Summer. I know plenty more who didn't renew either. This seems have been spotted by Russ Green, (100% against the views of CG and the Board , so fair play to him for getting what the fans thought across to the Board. Why wouldn't they listen in Summer though???)

Sadly, I've missed a number of games this season, both home & away due to illness. I have not taken advantage of the half season ticket as I have another op. coming up so not sure if I will be around for a while.

I must add a couple of points to this debate,....

The half season ticket offer is almost too good to be true...I urge anyone who has an interest In RAFC to buy one. This must be marketed to fans, club sponsors and local businesses to the max.

Having watched games from the TDS, the Main Stand and the Sandy Lane End, I cannot believe that anyone would argue in favour of watching from the Sandy. You simply don't see what is happening on the pitch from there; wherever you choose to stand....the view is crap. The only reason for going in there is because it's cheap. Be honest with yourselves. If it cost the same price wherever you went, hardly anyone would go in the Sandy.
The view from high up in the TDS is fab, but if you want to see the best view (for home fans) then you have to go in the Main Stand.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:35 - Dec 23 with 2413 viewsR17ALE

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:26 - Dec 23 by dawlishdale

Didn't renew my season ticket (first time in 12 years) due to the price rise and the appalling adverse spin coming from the club in Summer. I know plenty more who didn't renew either. This seems have been spotted by Russ Green, (100% against the views of CG and the Board , so fair play to him for getting what the fans thought across to the Board. Why wouldn't they listen in Summer though???)

Sadly, I've missed a number of games this season, both home & away due to illness. I have not taken advantage of the half season ticket as I have another op. coming up so not sure if I will be around for a while.

The half season ticket offer is almost too good to be true...I urge anyone who has an interest In RAFC to buy one. This must be marketed to fans, club sponsors and local businesses to the max.

Having watched games from the TDS, the Main Stand and the Sandy Lane End, I cannot believe that anyone would argue in favour of watching from the Sandy. You simply don't see what is happening on the pitch from there; wherever you choose to stand....the view is crap. The only reason for going in there is because it's cheap. Be honest with yourselves. If it cost the same price wherever you went, hardly anyone would go in the Sandy.
The view from high up in the TDS is fab, but if you want to see the best view (for home fans) then you have to go in the Main Stand.

Price has got nothing to do with it for me. I go in there because I like it, and the Sandy family I know so well.

Plus, you need to remember that for the most part we've been shit to watch. Why would anyone want a better view of shit?

I do agree the Main Stand offers the best view, but it's not for me. Watching check-a-trades there this season your mind wanders. In the Sandy, you're focussed on the game, involved in a way I can't explain really.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:42 - Dec 23 with 2401 viewsBendy

Sorry to hear about your health issues and I hope you beat them as soon as possible.

However, in my years supporting the Dale I have had a season ticket for all 4 sides of the ground (obviously in Wilbutts before it was redeveloped and made the away stand), and for the past 10+yrs I have been in the Sandy, and for me it is nothing to do with the price.

Whilst I agree it is the most restrictive view it is where I go as it is the least restrictive in terms of space and being penned in. I am relatively tall and I tend to find that seated stands do not allow sufficient leg room (one reason I decided not to go to Northampton as their stand is one of the worst I have encountered). So I stand as a matter of comfort and so enjoyment - and I also find standing more likely to get involved in the atmosphere. If the prices were the same I would personally stay there, although I agree some would move elsewhere as budgets may indeed be their deciding factor.

Anyway, shall we all agree to unite as one fan base rather than have petty divisions creep in which can develop into animosity. We all support the same cause, all want the same thing. It doesn't really matter from which stand we do it from.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:01 - Dec 23 with 2364 viewsTVOS1907

I've sat in the Main Stand for the Checkatrade Trophy and Maidstone games this season. I usually sit high up in the Pearl Street End.

Bearing all this in mind, I'm struggling to understand how to get come to your final conclusion.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:34 - Dec 24 with 2206 viewsKenBoon

I don't think adding a few quid onto a niche product (standing) to help fund an update to the poor facility is ridiculous. I love standing behind a goal,but I also like to see the game. A good terrace has three things. A good old tin roof, no more than two pillars and it's steep. The Sandy scores 1 out of 3.

Standing is all the style nowadays. I've seen a huge increase in beards on the Sandy, and I don't mean old people ones. I fully expect The Sandy to be gentrified soon and an increase in price will mean fewer pillars, a better view and a bottle bar where the toilets currently are. Basically we're sitting (arf) on a premium product and we should cash in. Get that hipster Apple Pay through the turnstile.

When we played AFC Wimbledon earlier in the season you'll have noticed the away stand looking quieter than expected but The Sandy was packed. That's because most of the AFC fans were in the Sandy. Instagram was stuffed with photos from The Sandy. Generally the feedback was good and the people didn't regret experiencing that space, but with a little modernisation our terrace space could reflect the growing culture of Lancashire and provide a safe space for lovers of flatcaps and beards from all parts of society. The Sandy could succeed in bringing both sides of Brexit together but in harmony. This should excite you. Add £2 on each ticket and make The Sandy great again.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:21 - Dec 26 with 1965 viewsNorthYorksDale

Just tried to get a half season ticket at 12:45, but apparently after 12 they can't do them on the match day, despite there being 5 in the office, one of which was serving me, another on a computer and the other 3 having what appeared to be a good old chit chat. I'm over here today visiting family so they did offer to post it for £5. Wound me up so I left it

How many others will be around today for the game that don't normally attend and may think it's a good offer only to find you can't buy one.

I appreciate its going to get to a busy time for them but they must be able to do something better than sorry can't sell you one so much before kick off.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:35 - Dec 26 with 1923 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:21 - Dec 26 by NorthYorksDale

Just tried to get a half season ticket at 12:45, but apparently after 12 they can't do them on the match day, despite there being 5 in the office, one of which was serving me, another on a computer and the other 3 having what appeared to be a good old chit chat. I'm over here today visiting family so they did offer to post it for £5. Wound me up so I left it

How many others will be around today for the game that don't normally attend and may think it's a good offer only to find you can't buy one.

I appreciate its going to get to a busy time for them but they must be able to do something better than sorry can't sell you one so much before kick off.

They tweeted this earlier:

"Rochdale AFC‏ @officiallydale
HALF ST: Buy your half season ticket between 9am & noon today. After this time, forms can be handed in to be processed later #RAFC"

Which is fair enough. Not sure about that charge you were quoted! However, if it's quiet enough, they would be as well just to make a sale.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:40 - Dec 26 with 1903 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:21 - Dec 26 by NorthYorksDale

Fill in the form, hand it in with your money and pick up the season ticket before Friday night's game, when the tickets take effect.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:42 - Dec 26 with 1893 viewsNorthYorksDale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:35 - Dec 26 by 442Dale

They tweeted this earlier:

"Rochdale AFC‏ @officiallydale
HALF ST: Buy your half season ticket between 9am & noon today. After this time, forms can be handed in to be processed later #RAFC"

Which is fair enough. Not sure about that charge you were quoted! However, if it's quiet enough, they would be as well just to make a sale.

I checked the official site, ticket office open Boxing Day 9am to 3pm, no mention of any restrictions. Fair point they are getting the message out but we don't all use Twitter.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:47 - Dec 26 with 1878 viewsNorthYorksDale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:40 - Dec 26 by TVOS1907

Fill in the form, hand it in with your money and pick up the season ticket before Friday night's game, when the tickets take effect.

I could have done that but it wasn't suggested. One of my lads may be getting one so he may be able to get it for me.
Why not have a temp sign over one of the Windows saying saying submit half season applications here, collect before your next game.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:56 - Dec 26 with 1859 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:47 - Dec 26 by NorthYorksDale

I could have done that but it wasn't suggested. One of my lads may be getting one so he may be able to get it for me.
Why not have a temp sign over one of the Windows saying saying submit half season applications here, collect before your next game.

Don't know, but it's a good idea.

I'd maybe go back and see if you can do what I've suggested.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:03 - Dec 26 with 1843 viewspioneer

Great idea again suffering from problems with execution.

No one looking to spend money should ever be turned away. Surely we could have anticipated , even prayed for, folks looking to commit prior to the game and allocated one person/window to this business.

Sory but there are no excuses for this...poor business practice.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:22 - Dec 26 with 1802 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:03 - Dec 26 by pioneer

Great idea again suffering from problems with execution.

No one looking to spend money should ever be turned away. Surely we could have anticipated , even prayed for, folks looking to commit prior to the game and allocated one person/window to this business.

Sory but there are no excuses for this...poor business practice.

Entirely agree

Whatever excuse the club might give (I won't use the word 'reason'), it can never justify turning business away, or making it more or a faff such as returning with a completed form or ridiculous postage

It'd be easy enough to allocate one member of staff to processing half STs whilst others dealt with tickets for the game that day

This really needs to be brought to the attention of RG. I'd be surprised if he thought it wasn't viable

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:39 - Dec 26 with 1728 viewsDaleiLama

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:22 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Entirely agree

Whatever excuse the club might give (I won't use the word 'reason'), it can never justify turning business away, or making it more or a faff such as returning with a completed form or ridiculous postage

It'd be easy enough to allocate one member of staff to processing half STs whilst others dealt with tickets for the game that day

This really needs to be brought to the attention of RG. I'd be surprised if he thought it wasn't viable

Mind-bendingly, staggeringly bad. I was wondering about trying to justify buying one. Might at a stretch get to 5 home games before the end of the season so main stand price would justify it. So now all non-locals have to do is to turn up at least 3 hours before kick off. But hey, whatever's more convenient for the club? This just can't be true. No retailer could be so insensitive to the needs of it's customers surely? Two steps forward one step back. Tragic.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:36 - Dec 26 with 1677 views100notout

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:39 - Dec 26 by DaleiLama

Mind-bendingly, staggeringly bad. I was wondering about trying to justify buying one. Might at a stretch get to 5 home games before the end of the season so main stand price would justify it. So now all non-locals have to do is to turn up at least 3 hours before kick off. But hey, whatever's more convenient for the club? This just can't be true. No retailer could be so insensitive to the needs of it's customers surely? Two steps forward one step back. Tragic.

Well said dalei.

This has happened to my mate who comes to most games with me every season. It actually took him 3 attempts to get it - he could easily have stuck two fingers up to them but thankfully he persisted and now has one. How many others have been put off though?

Please please please will somebody let RG have a copy of this thread.

We need an Arkwright type character in the ticket office. This really beggars belief that someone turns up with £100 in their hand and they send them away!!!!!!

FFS - you should be doing every thing within your power to
a) exchange the £100 for a season ticket
b) sell them a programme
c) give them a voucher for 20% off in the clubshop
d) sell them a golden gamble ticket

Thats what Arkwright would do!

Russ - we need some Arkwrights in the ticket office!!!!!!!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024