Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread 21:47 - Sep 26 with 39066 viewsjackharris

Swansea City versus Liverpool FC
Liberty Stadium, Swansea 21,000 (18,900 Jacks and 2,100 Reds)
Kick Off: 12.30pm (Live on Sky Sports HD)
Saturday 1st October 2016

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 2:32]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:49 - Oct 1 with 2232 viewsJackFish

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:42 - Oct 1 by shandyjack

thats our problem, routs is crap, mo is very cold or lukewarm, jeff the same. we lack good wingers

It's not just a problem on the wings, the fact that we still haven't adequately replaced an aging Rangel and Leon is ridiculous, we didn't have a proper striker on the bench again. Squad is really weak everywhere. Even if we sack FG I'm not convinced whoever comes in is going to be able to get any more out of them.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:49 - Oct 1 with 2232 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:47 - Oct 1 by Cooperman

In the eyes of 'the management' that new wide player is Nathan Dyer.

Good for them.

No one else will agree.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:53 - Oct 1 with 2169 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:49 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

Good for them.

No one else will agree.

I will. Dyer is AWESOME!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:55 - Oct 1 with 2146 viewsKulusBeatFactory

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:45 - Oct 1 by Drizzy

He was also double or triple teamed every time he had the ball out wide and still dug out a couple of okay crosses. Nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out.

this (was about to say the same)
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:57 - Oct 1 with 2116 viewshammy

Well another decent performance but looks like we'll be in the bottom three after the weekend:(

Hope this doesn't stop them playing like this by losing confidence. Desperately need a win !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:58 - Oct 1 with 2094 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:55 - Oct 1 by KulusBeatFactory

this (was about to say the same)

Obviously the rest of his team thought he was total crap and that is why they kept giving him the ball to give back to liverpool.
Nothing to do with none of the others getting in the ball in the area to create chances.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:02 - Oct 1 with 2044 viewsHeadmaster

I don't think any other manager will get more from this group of players than what Francesco has. Great first half, but we were outplayed second half. That's why you should get the second goal as soon as possible.

Fact is a poor transfer window has left us with average players. Giggs or Bradley or whoever can't change that. But if that ball had gone in at the end we would be talking differently. Fine margins they say, but how come we always get the short end of the stick?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:04 - Oct 1 with 2030 viewsBorojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:49 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

Good for them.

No one else will agree.

A shoestring botched window.
Huw Jenkins deceived the trust lied if you like.
Lied to the supporters with bullshit about the next level whilst lining his and his gangs pockets.
Now he is sneaking about lining up a replacement for a manager who has been sold short.
Great effort from the players today and a manager with dignity.
The bottom line is Jenkins needs to go had enough of his underhanded behaviour and the Americans need to back Guido.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:05 - Oct 1 with 2010 viewsMatlock_Jack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:57 - Oct 1 by hammy

Well another decent performance but looks like we'll be in the bottom three after the weekend:(

Hope this doesn't stop them playing like this by losing confidence. Desperately need a win !

Unfortunately, this has all the hallmarks of a relegation season though.

Tremendous first half: take the lead; concede free kick and equalizer, followed by self-inflicted errors leading to indisputable penalty and passing on a late and very great chance. Can't score (again) when we need to and can't keep them out when we need to. There are kinder fixtures coming, but if we don't take points from them, we really could....no...will... be staring at the lower league, next season.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:07 - Oct 1 with 1991 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:44 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

Just not true. Routledge came away with the ball on several occasions - he's certainly not the best, but he was a damn sight better than Barrow who was terrible.

No way does Routs slice that ball in the box that leads to the penalty.

When a barrow can't do a man for pace he is a waste of space - same as Montero.

We were in desperate need of a new wide player this window and we didn't get one.

Routs gives the ball away consistently. He's reluctant to shoot - coz he can't - why didn't he shoot when he had the chance in the second half. I don't understand the love for him, even if Barrow was below par when he came on.

Re the slice - I have a vague recollection of Routs doing something very similar last season I think i.e. slicing the ball back into the danger area when it should have been easier to put it in the crowd.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:08 - Oct 1 with 1984 viewsNogginthenog

Fabianski should have come out and caught that skied ball before the penalty, that's 2 similar goals we've conceded because he didn't come and claim the high ball. The performance in the second half was not good enough but we should also have been in at half time with a 2 goal lead. Our squad is poor overall and we will be found out for it whoever is in charge.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:11 - Oct 1 with 1949 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:07 - Oct 1 by ploppy

Routs gives the ball away consistently. He's reluctant to shoot - coz he can't - why didn't he shoot when he had the chance in the second half. I don't understand the love for him, even if Barrow was below par when he came on.

Re the slice - I have a vague recollection of Routs doing something very similar last season I think i.e. slicing the ball back into the danger area when it should have been easier to put it in the crowd.

It's not a case of a love in for him - he has obvious weaknesses. But he's better than Barrow.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:12 - Oct 1 with 1927 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:11 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

It's not a case of a love in for him - he has obvious weaknesses. But he's better than Barrow.

Not in the final third he's not.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:14 - Oct 1 with 1907 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:12 - Oct 1 by ploppy

Not in the final third he's not.

I think he's better than him in every third.

Barrow has zero end product.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:14 - Oct 1 with 1907 viewshammy

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:05 - Oct 1 by Matlock_Jack

Unfortunately, this has all the hallmarks of a relegation season though.

Tremendous first half: take the lead; concede free kick and equalizer, followed by self-inflicted errors leading to indisputable penalty and passing on a late and very great chance. Can't score (again) when we need to and can't keep them out when we need to. There are kinder fixtures coming, but if we don't take points from them, we really could....no...will... be staring at the lower league, next season.

Yes maybe our luck has run out. Although plenty of games to go and the Watford and Stoke games are starting to look like must wins. Maybe we'll sneak something against the Arse; we are a bit of a bogey team for them after all ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:15 - Oct 1 with 1890 viewsRevJames

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:02 - Oct 1 by Headmaster

I don't think any other manager will get more from this group of players than what Francesco has. Great first half, but we were outplayed second half. That's why you should get the second goal as soon as possible.

Fact is a poor transfer window has left us with average players. Giggs or Bradley or whoever can't change that. But if that ball had gone in at the end we would be talking differently. Fine margins they say, but how come we always get the short end of the stick?

Because you make your own luck by creating and converting chances.

Why is a defender on the end of our only real chance in the second half?

Fine margins yes, but the harsh reality is that despite an encouraging start, we're simply not good enough overall.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:18 - Oct 1 with 1857 viewsAnotherJohn

That is the kind of fixture I remember from past relegation seasons when we deserved something but ended up with nothing. Guido set the team up well enough and made good substitutions, but we came up against the limits of the squad. We all know it was a disastrous window and most of us were pessimistic when it closed. We have had success against mega-rich teams in the past, but when you sell your best players without proper replacements you cannot expect points.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:19 - Oct 1 with 1847 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:14 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

Well, I don't agree with that. But that's OK. My recollection is that Barrow makes a big difference when he comes on (normally for Routs). Didn't happen today, but he was outnumbered most of the time he received the ball.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:20 - Oct 1 with 1840 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:14 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

You know what...This is of course correct but the bigger issue IMO is the fact that Routs is in before barrow because whilst he is a good footballer his time in the top league is well and truly behind him. Same can be said for Angel. I am not having a pop by the way and these 2 give it their all every game. Just passed it. So, what does that say about Barrow? Yet he's meant toi be the saviour? The guy we send on to get a goal? You couldn't make it up!

Never mind, we've got Dyer to come back from Injury.. Oh, hang on, he's also passed it.

Huw knows his stuff doesn't he?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:25 - Oct 1 with 1774 viewsdailew

Impressed by Borja.

Put in a really good shift.

Some great hold up play. Ball seems to stick to him.

Just needs a goal to get going I feel.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:27 - Oct 1 with 1752 viewsBorojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:20 - Oct 1 by costalotta

You know what...This is of course correct but the bigger issue IMO is the fact that Routs is in before barrow because whilst he is a good footballer his time in the top league is well and truly behind him. Same can be said for Angel. I am not having a pop by the way and these 2 give it their all every game. Just passed it. So, what does that say about Barrow? Yet he's meant toi be the saviour? The guy we send on to get a goal? You couldn't make it up!

Never mind, we've got Dyer to come back from Injury.. Oh, hang on, he's also passed it.

Huw knows his stuff doesn't he?

Yes taking us to the next level he said.
The only reason the old guard gave all been handed contracts is in preperation for the Championship.
The custodians of our club have pi@@ed on us all.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:29 - Oct 1 with 1733 viewspremierjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:30 - Oct 1 by FatherJack

Honestly thought it was a very harsh decision, not clear cut at all. But given his other decisions throughout the half I felt the ref was looking to give them something as soon as he got the chance. No way would we have got the same at the other end.

It was a pen. 100% a pen!

Rubbish defending for the pen
Poor finishing by Borja on two occasions
Routledge scared to shoot
Missed chance right at the death

Take one pick on who you want to blame this week
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:35 - Oct 1 with 1687 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:19 - Oct 1 by ploppy

Well, I don't agree with that. But that's OK. My recollection is that Barrow makes a big difference when he comes on (normally for Routs). Didn't happen today, but he was outnumbered most of the time he received the ball.

He makes more of a difference when he can do the full back for pace. If he can't, then he offers nothing (much like Montero). He couldn't do his fullback for pace today.

Although Routledge also can't do anyone for pace, he is better at keeping the ball for longer. Even though his end product is normally not good either, that few seconds he keeps the ball allow us to push further up in support, so we don't instantly get pinned back.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:35 - Oct 1 with 1683 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:27 - Oct 1 by Borojack

Yes taking us to the next level he said.
The only reason the old guard gave all been handed contracts is in preperation for the Championship.
The custodians of our club have pi@@ed on us all.

That might well be the thinking but I don't believe we're 'planning' for that. I just think very bad management/leadership. If they are too old/passed their best now, they will be further down 'that track' next season.

I cannot remember statements about the next level and if I had they would have been ignored. But HJ is now well and truly out of his depth! Although' he is trying to cover it up, fair play. Did you see the program notes today?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:35 - Oct 1 with 1680 viewssherpajacob

Gutting to lose to a good Liverpool team, we could have easily nicked a draw.

Cardiff are 1-0 down at Burton.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024