Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes 14:26 - Sep 2 with 11202 viewsgazza_1234

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-introduce
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 20:42 - Sep 2 with 2176 viewsharryhpalmer

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:34 - Sep 2 by Watchman

As always Lisa a fantastic viewpoint from you

it is not just about this window though, many of us have been unhappy etc of the change in attitude and focus/duty of care that took place over 18/20 months.

Some of the JA have only known the upside and have always accepted what they were told! Us oldies always knew that nothing was that easy and nothing is what it seems

I do think that it would be amazing if HJ sees out the season ( this is from someone who used to travel away with his dad) when the new owners start lifting paving stones they may not be as happy in private as they are in public

I have been told the stones are already being lifted by the new owners!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 00:10 - Sep 3 with 2053 viewsLoyal

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:47 - Sep 2 by Borojack

At least it shows they are aware of the criticism.
What they should do is state that the manager has total control over transfers but its all a bit late in the day really.
I still think we have enough to stay up but to say the window was disappointing is an understatement.

Why would they announce the manager has total control of transfers when let's be honest.
1. He would Fck it up.
2. it isn't the way the majority of clubs do business.
3. It isn't and never will be true.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 01:57 - Sep 3 with 1993 viewsBrynmill_Jack

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:39 - Sep 2 by Darran

Mr Dineen is completely right to block some of the people for the way they speak to him on Twitter.

*I AM NOT SAYING YOU DID BLAINE

Leigh look at meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 08:35 - Sep 3 with 1902 viewsBorojack

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 00:10 - Sep 3 by Loyal

Why would they announce the manager has total control of transfers when let's be honest.
1. He would Fck it up.
2. it isn't the way the majority of clubs do business.
3. It isn't and never will be true.

Why would he fukc it up seems to have a good footballing brain to me.
Since Laudrup has gone our transfer dealings have been poor to say the least.
Cant carry on as we sre a club of our size cant cope with losing millions every year on the likes of Gomis Eder Pallochi Tabanou.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 11:54 - Sep 3 with 1770 viewsRogerstone

Scum rag - end of

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 12:14 - Sep 3 with 1732 viewsgiantstoneater

Article doesn't answer any questions I mean if the the signings that we had were long time targets why did it take us so long to get them in and and if Mawson is Ash' s long term replacement why didn't we sign him earlier? It's my firm belief that our targets this summer were Joe and Wilf and we were overconfident of signing them once they appeared out of our reach we ended scratching around apart from perhaps Baston given the money I would hope that we knew a lot about him..
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 20:53 - Sep 3 with 1609 viewswestside

Everton new owners appointed the guy from Leicester as their director of football

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36859406
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 20:57 - Sep 3 with 1598 viewsmagicdaps10

What is Kevin Reeves up to lately!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 21:04 - Sep 3 with 1581 viewsvetchonian

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 12:14 - Sep 3 by giantstoneater

Article doesn't answer any questions I mean if the the signings that we had were long time targets why did it take us so long to get them in and and if Mawson is Ash' s long term replacement why didn't we sign him earlier? It's my firm belief that our targets this summer were Joe and Wilf and we were overconfident of signing them once they appeared out of our reach we ended scratching around apart from perhaps Baston given the money I would hope that we knew a lot about him..

I don't think this has anything to do with this recent window or on the pitch matters as we fans maybe interpreting it. I believe this has more to do with the yanks looking at Reurn on investment .
Last years Windows major spends Eder, Tabanou have not yielded a return whilst Gomis also has a negative return but apart from the "headline" signings over the past few years we have brought in "development " players eg Domnelly,Hartley,Grimes,Gorre to name just a few that is without all,the others and whilst there may not be a huge outlay on transfer fees they add to to the wage bill .
I guess the fire sale this window of loans is due to the yanks "doing a Petty" whilst he tried to sack players to cut costs at least these guys are doing it by the book. I guess as hard nosed business men because that's what they are SCFC for the, is just a vehicle to make money they are not in it for the love of football they looked at the books and saw huge costs associated with players wages , agents fees the costs of scouting and thought hey that's a lot of dough what are we
Getting in return? So whilst some of us may think hey Huw has been found out in fact it goes deeper and could in the long run be detrimental to us. Ashe departure may have been driven by his agents usual gesturing and the yanks saying ok that's the package we will give if your not happy go whereas in the past we have maybe capitualted but this time the new people in the driving seat saw the means to some money making?
As a club we spend on a lot on the academy and the " junior" sides though these also mprovide an income stream but I would guess someone coming in looking at the numbers would wonder how we have spent so much on recruiting players at all levels not just the marque signings and be paying out on scouting and a academy team with little apparent return so a note of caution this may not be about ensuring we have better Transfer dealings in the future form a footballing perspective
[Post edited 3 Sep 2016 21:22]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 21:16 - Sep 3 with 1551 viewshobo

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 12:14 - Sep 3 by giantstoneater

Either way, £15m for someone we could have for free in less than 12 months was madness
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 21:23 - Sep 3 with 1542 viewstylagarwjack

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 21:16 - Sep 3 by hobo

Either way, £15m for someone we could have for free in less than 12 months was madness

Who's to say we'd have got him in 12 months time?
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 21:52 - Sep 3 with 1472 viewsmorningstar

Fair play, you don't half come out with some crap at times!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 23:00 - Sep 3 with 1384 viewsmajorraglan

He may well have been on a Bosman in 12 months, but to have any chance of signing him on a free next year we would have to be a Premier League club and I don't see many of our squad putting their hands up to score the necessary goals to keep us up. We needed a goal scorer and we had to pay simple as.

If we had held out until the last day, maybe we could have sneaked Wilf back on loan, but that would have been a very risky gamble and we could have ended up with nowt! Imagine the outcry if we only had Llorente until January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024